[Sanctuary] Digging where the darkness lies (Raiha)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Kelpie on April 25th, 2011, 4:15 am

The shadows released a resounding chorus of giggles as Raiha spoke to them. Raiha Shadowplayer! They rang, dancing and springing along the ground. “All types of Shadows have their own personalities. These are just a sample of the world that you’ve now come to connect with. Not all of them will be as amiable, and will need a touch of persuasion should you want worthy information from them,” The Night-Mother explained, “But the test has yet to come.”

She walked toward the gates of Sanctuary, and gestured toward the road that led into the Sea of Grass, “There is a creature out there who devours my Shadows, placing them in a perpetual state of non-existence. It’s threatening my realm and the secrets these Shadows harbor, and every night more are lost. It’s called the Halival, Shadow-Eater. You will show your worthiness of this gift by slaying the monster and ensuring the safety of my Shadows, if you fail, you will perish.”

There was a pause as Raiha absorbed this information, “It’s not a creature of this world. Just another freak accident conjured by the wizards who inhabited this place long ago. But the least that I can do to aid you on this quest is give you a weapon that can strike what no other mortal weapon can. The Halival is not your typical abomination.” In Akajia’s hand a sword was conjured, the blade was obsidian in quality, and the hilt was simple, with a blue triangle engraved onto it. She handed the sword to the Akontak, “The Sulvanon will grant you certain powers but at the cost of your stamina and possibly your life. When you see the opportune moment don’t hesitate to strike with it.”

Akajia stepped away, “There is a follower of mine who dwells in Riverfall who may point you in the right direction and tell you more of this creature you seek. I will be awaiting your victory.” The Night-Mother sunk into the pool of darkness beneath her feet, and was gone.
Kelpie
Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

Words: 144278
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2010, 1:27 am
Location: DS of Lhavit, Mod abilities in Lhavit and Unforgiving
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Raiha on May 1st, 2011, 6:33 am

Raiha Shadowplayer. She liked it. It had a nice ring to it, certainly. She had her mother’s family name, Sarasarri, and now the two…Shadowplayer, Sarasarri, they worked together interchangeably. To the shadows, she could be Raiha Shadowplayer. Raiha Shadowplayer, she repeated back to the Shadows in Makath, leaving her fingers spread out to let them coil around and between them.

She followed Akajia as she walked towards the gates, glancing up at her as she came to stand beside Goddess. She followed her gaze, looking out along the road, as the golden-eyed Akontak took in her Night-Mother’s words, looking on in the direction and into the Grasslands. That made sense, truly, that Shadows could, in a way, die. They had no legs to dance, nor did they have lungs to breathe. They had no life to live or die… but yet they did all three. They were sentient, after all, and someway or another, there had to be some way for their enemies to extinguish them. It looked like she had found out about one such method. But to be like that… Raiha felt a bit of a shudder. That was something she couldn’t wish on anything or anyone. I could, Kanikra sighed. It just takes imagination.

“Halival,” Raiha tasted the word, one hand resting on her hip, the other lowered to her side. She had never heard of one before, but she had a feeling it wouldn’t be the last she did hear of them. They sounded like something that needed to be dealt with, wheresoever they popped up, and if one of them was out there… then… It was up to them to deal with it. Not just her – no, never again. It would require both of them to work together. Radris had said once that no matter who was in charge… the other always looked to help out. Now, now they were beginning to understand why. “I see,” she was quiet as she glanced up at the Goddess. She took the Sulvanon reverently, holding it by the hilt and stroking the flat of the curved blade carefully with her fingertips. “We understand,” Raiha smiled faintly, but there was some silk-sheathed steel in her eyes.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Some go their entire lives without ever being touched by divinity… I… you… we… are not about to shirk now that we have been given the opportunity to prove ourselves, Kanikra prodded her twin as the Goddess disappeared and Raiha started down the road that she had been pointed down. Raiha’s long legs began to cover ground as she picked up the pace. No guts, no glory. You’re not scared, are you?

No, Raiha told her twin, I’m not. Perseverance is the courage to ignore the obvious wisdom in turning back. But I’m not scared… because for the first time in our lives, we’re actually working together… and I prefer to be working with you than against you. She knew intimately just what Kanikra was capable of.She gripped the handle of the blade and lowered it to her side, her eyes roaming the dark as she glanced at the Shadows. “Do you have names?” Raiha wanted to know. “Do you know who the Shadowplayer in Riverfall is?” she asked the darkness around her as she trotted down the road. She would have a look herself… as if they knew what to look for, but she would lay a very good bet that it had to do with plenty of Shadows.
The first rule of Akajia is you do not talk about Akajia.
Raiha
Raiha Shadowplayer

Words: 492991
Joined roleplay: February 6th, 2010, 4:07 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kelpie on May 15th, 2011, 10:45 pm

The shadows danced and spiraled through the ground at her feet, giggling. Soon they would vanish, but several settled around Raiha to indulge in her questions. One of them, the shadow of the pillar that stood beside her remarked, "Shadowplayer in Riverfall? City of blue people, yes yes. Many Shadowplayers there. You will know, Shadows dance around them. You will see. Just follow them."

There was a resounding agreement to what the shadow stated for Raiha. "Go kill the Shadow Eater, save our kin!"

That was the most she would gain from the creatures that surrounded her, and it was now up to her to finish this quest at all costs, or lose the mark bestowed upon her or worse... lose her life.

Raiha: +3 maces, +3 Meditation, +4 Philosophy

Lore: The other side to the sister-soul, Walking in the footsteps of the other half, Kanikra: Knowing when enough is enough, Raiha: Understanding manipulation and deceit, Working as one, Akajia the Night Mother (Partial)

Recieved Artifact: Sulvanon the Black Vanquisher
Received first Mark: Akajia's Gnosis - Nightstalking

Mod Note: Great thread I loved it! :)
Kelpie
Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

Words: 144278
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2010, 1:27 am
Location: DS of Lhavit, Mod abilities in Lhavit and Unforgiving
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook