Looking For a City

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Looking For a City

Postby Nicodimus Loradi on December 12th, 2014, 1:18 pm

My character application is almost done, but before I settle down somewhere, need to find a city where I can get a job as a Reimacer. It's Nicodimus' best skill, therefore how I would want him employed. The character also isn't overly concerned about issues like morality. He's human by race and I'm not interested in Sahova yet.
To be told is to know but to experience, that is the beginning of true wisdom... and there is no knowledge that is not power. ~ Nicodimus Loradi
Nicodimus Loradi
Player

Words: 5854
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2014, 10:29 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Looking For a City

Postby Phyolea on December 12th, 2014, 3:45 pm

Welcome. Why not Sahova, if you don't mind my asking? You are looking for a city in which you can focus exclusively on Reimancy?

Phyolea
Quicksilver

Words: 42951
Joined roleplay: October 12th, 2013, 9:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Looking For a City

Postby Keene Ward on December 12th, 2014, 3:58 pm

If not Sahova, you could try being a mage squire in Syliras or incorporating yourself into the Reimancy family in Lhavit. I'm not sure if there are many other places that pay you to use a dangerous, volatile magic like Reimancy. Good luck!
Keene Ward
Chilly Wizard

Words: 1279864
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2014, 2:16 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2014 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Looking For a City

Postby Nicodimus Loradi on December 12th, 2014, 5:46 pm

The reason for 'not Sahova' is that I read about it, seems like a place I will go eventually, just doesn't seem overly friendly for the living who are just starting out. As to the job I didn't expect to be a battle wizard as it were. Perhaps I should explain things a little more to give a bit of perspective. Also I have a PC in Syliras so I'm not sure if I want to try to cram two into a single city. Here's something from my CS that should give some insight into the character.

'Nicodimus comes across to many as very quiet and reserved, one who doesn't socialize unless required to. He displays no signs of outward emotions beyond an extremely rare show of anger. Some think it's because said feelings are tightly controlled when in reality it's a complete lack thereof. Nicodimus is emotionally dead inside. He feels nothing and as a result has no care or concern for others. People mean nothing to Nicodimus and he could care less if they are injured or killed.

He also has no compunction about the use of lethal force. If threatened with bodily harm or death Nicodimus won't hesitate to kill someone and then not even be thinking about it five minutes later. To him people are tools to be used as needed and then discarded (not necessarily killed) when they no longer serve a purpose. While utterly ruthless and completely without conscience, Nicodimus doesn't kill for pleasure, sport, or without reason. Unless given cause to do so, it's rare for him to take a life.'

Also if Reimancy (which is 30) doesn't seem to fit anywhere, he does have Writing: 26
Last edited by Nicodimus Loradi on December 12th, 2014, 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To be told is to know but to experience, that is the beginning of true wisdom... and there is no knowledge that is not power. ~ Nicodimus Loradi
Nicodimus Loradi
Player

Character sheet

Looking For a City

Postby Keene Ward on December 12th, 2014, 5:49 pm

Hm, you could look into Ravok?

Personal magic is pretty dangerous and not the most well received, especially as a profession. If he was a magecrafter or an alchemist, jobs would be a lot easier. Writing could net you scribe jobs or something similar though. :)
Keene Ward
Chilly Wizard

Words: 1279864
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2014, 2:16 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2014 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Looking For a City

Postby Gossamer on December 12th, 2014, 6:54 pm

Without a CS posted its hard to say. What's your primary element?
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Looking For a City

Postby Nicodimus Loradi on December 12th, 2014, 10:28 pm

Nicodimus Loradi [WIP]

His primary element is Ice.
Nicodimus Loradi
Player

Character sheet

Looking For a City

Postby Nivel on December 12th, 2014, 11:52 pm

so water and air combined into ice?
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Looking For a City

Postby Redd on December 13th, 2014, 12:04 am

Ice isn't a primary element.

With Reimancy, there are four primary elements: Earth, Water, Fire & Air. When you are a novice, you can only have one element, but when you are competent, such as yourself, you can have two. Once you can control two primary elements, you can combine two of these elements together to craft a para-element, which is what ice is, a para-element.

To get ice, you must be able to control water and air.
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Words: 425591
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 1:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Looking For a City

Postby Nivel on December 13th, 2014, 12:08 am

you might want to do more research on Magic before you make your character all about magic.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)