Closed A colder taste of freedom [Yoona]

... and it is still so very damn sweet; and cruel like vengeance.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

A colder taste of freedom [Yoona]

Postby Daegron on December 19th, 2014, 5:41 am

Winter 31st, 514AV
noon

Esteem.
Daegron never thought he'd feel such a thing for someone he barely knew. A woman no less; yet her grit rivalled his own, and fuelled her strength. In those coals she called eyes, burned a rage that he'd known yet never met before. It was like his own anger against the world, a need to break the chains and push onward, never to surrender.. Yet in the clouds her breath created, in the pulse that he could see throbbing on her temples there existed something more; a deep hatred for all the things that HE stood for. Well, not exactly himself, as he was reminded by his own reflection a moment before her forehead painfully connected with his brow, sending him straight to the ground as a thunder cracked and echoed in his battered skull. Really, what a woman!

As his back struck the thin layer of frost that was already forming underneath, he finally shook confusion out of his head. For the reflection was not his own but belonged to a man they called Buras. Daegron had blatantly stolen his face; something he'd found himself doing all the more often these days. Buras conveniently enough had more or less the same stocky built as the Morpher had, albeit less strong and leaning towards the plump side as it was proven. It was a whim born of curiosity that he followed and got him into yet another world of trouble.

It all started with a walk in the wilds. Daegron had begun to love those precious bells he could spend away from the dread of his windowless cell; away from the solitude of a bustling city, away from the ever prying eyes of people who were ready to point the finger and put the blame on their neighbour. And most importantly, away from all reflections. No mirrors, nor windows not even the calm surface of Ravok's blessed waters. Here, in the forests, the ugly truth that haunted him, the image of his own self shattered and torn, was nowhere to be found. It was soothing, it was his shelter.

In the beauty of this shelter he basked, wandering aimlessly along the shoreline. Winter had solidly stepped in; the first snowflakes appeared by dawn and blanketing the earth would be only a matter of bells. The chill of the North gnawed at his bones but somehow doused his soul with an unusual warmth. A marvel that he enjoyed immensely. The ecstatic quietude that had sucked him into her cold embrace was rudely broken. The all-too familiar rattling of chains came first. Then a few shouted orders, curses and the creaking of cart wheels struggling against the newly settled frost. Curiosity had bested him and he couldn't help but investigate.

By the time he'd approached the source of this nuisance, a new kind of ruckus seemed to have started. It was surprising to see that young girl, probably a southerner from the unusually tanned skin, making a run for it. She could barely be sixteen and she'd just showed the nerve that those Slavers around her lacked. She'd just slipped herself through the wide spacing of that rickety cell and foolishly started running straight towards the thick foliage; into the maw of the first wolf to call dibs on her lean figure. She'd taken a random direction and simply left; a desperate attempt to free herself that was bound to end soon, as a muscular mercenary blocked her way.

Yet, he wasn't meant to stop her. As Daegron's keen eyes watched from his vantage point, a tall figure crept behind the man and tripped him over. As a hand reached to pull the young slave towards it, the hood fell to reveal a face that he'd briefly met but remembered well. The black eyed slave that accompanied Parnell's protege Vera, seemed to be keen on trouble. Defiance and an odd smirk were painted on her face as she grabbed the girl and dashed away. The mess she'd caused was beyond description. Curses followed and the slavers swiftly gathered their whips and weapons to claim their merchandise back and punish the insolent woman, racing behind them.

Buras was smart. He'd decided to follow a circling route and following the shallow ravine he'd pop in front of the fleeting slaves. But he didn't last long. He was all talk and no brawn as it was sadly proven. Daegron surprised him by using one of the most horrible transformations he could create on the spot in his twisted mind. The rest was just a swift but gruesome beating from which Daegron had gained a few bruises and a slight cut on his left arm by that petched long knife his prey used. Buras was now all tied up with his own ropes, coatless, bruised, freezing and bleeding from his severed hamstrings, just below both his knees. Food delivered to the first wolf that would smell him. As a gift to nature, an offering to the wild spirits that dwelt in those empty lands so close to civilization. Daegron's prize ? The man's face and weapon, along with a fancy grey coat, adorned with a silver pin that everyone else in the group wore. He'd even learned the man's name, through careful intimidation.

The train of memories tore up the haze the Morphing had created and all was all clear by the time her knee crashed on his chest stealing away his breath. She'd found him first and thinking of him as a slaver, she was ready to take the kind of vengeance that seemed to be long due. She stopped for a mere moment, saying something incomprehensible that could have been a curse and went on to grab something from the ground. He was pinned down, helpless and the sharp rock that she wielded and raised over him could spell his doom.

"Stop !" he said, gasping for air as the menacing arc of his own demise started to form itself. Djed flowed and poured out of his head and his natural form took the reigns, undoing the transformation in a grotesque display of bulging veins, stretched skin and shifting muscle. Seeing that she was already boiling with righteous rage and unsure of how the change he'd initiated would be accepted, the Morpher spoke as calmly as he could, hoping that the pointy edge of her improvised weapon would not pierce his shifting skull.

"Tis I, remember me from the Temple ? I mean no harm !"

Last edited by Daegron on December 19th, 2014, 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Art will twist you and turn you.
It will break you and tear you asunder; from your scattered remains it will shape you.
It will engulf you and spit you out.
It will fester in your mind, disfigure your body and blacken your soul.
And so on and so forth, through an endless chain of transformations till the time comes and you are everything...
Then you'll truly be nothing...

Daegron
Fleshcraft made Art

Words: 200831
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2014, 4:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Akasha VanHellsing on December 19th, 2014, 6:08 am

[can i join?] If so... im Akasha, a human hybrid. im 17 and im part shapeshifter, part vamp/demon... i can shapeshift into a violet semi-glowing wolf, and sometimes as a panther. In my human form i have wolf ears, a tail and 3 sets of fangs, im semi-agressive, flirty, i love the woods. i have raven-colored hair so dark its almost black, my eyes shift colors and they show images of nature depending on how i feel, i have elemental powers [still developing], i wear a black leather, skin-tight jumpsuit, along with band tshirts, and skinny jeans including a cloak i always wear and i have weapon packs holding kunai [throwing knifes], ninja stars and other weapons like chakra [pure energy] based swords, etc., etc...
Akasha VanHellsing
Player

Words: 330
Joined roleplay: December 19th, 2014, 5:49 am
Race: Human, Mixed

Postby Akasha VanHellsing on December 19th, 2014, 6:15 am

Hiding in a tree, Akasha slept quietly with her tail barely twitching as a breeze passed through the trees, she was below a town she only entered several times since she was written off as a freak and a demon...."Zzzzz..."
Akasha VanHellsing
Player

Words: 330
Joined roleplay: December 19th, 2014, 5:49 am
Race: Human, Mixed

Postby Yoona on December 21st, 2014, 8:17 pm

OOCSorry, Akasha. This thread's closed. XP
Annnd I didn't intend on this being this long, but I went on a tangent. Haha!

Yoona was no stranger to the cold. Even with the scorching heat of the sun beating down on the seas of sand, the deserts of Eyktol were familiar with the touch of cooler temperatures. They always came with the night, when the sun retired from its perch in the sky to allow the moon to take over.

This cold, however, had manifested itself in ways that the Chaktawe woman had never seen, before. She'd spent the entire morning indoors, having no desire to wander about outside as the air grew more and more frigid. That reluctance to deal with the weather had rewarded her with a few solid bells of boredom, but she accepted them, content enough to sit by a window and watch as the sky turned overcast, the clouds seeming to swell and turn sickly-pale. And they continued to swell, growing bigger and bigger until they'd clumped together and blotted out what shreds of blue had been left. Yoona assumed that it would rain, at some point, but what ended up drifting out of the pale mess was quite...different.

It was small and white, reminding her a little of the downy feathers of a fledgling bird. No sooner had it begun falling had Vera appeared out of nowhere, excitedly pressing her face into the window and staring outside.

Snow, she'd soon called it. Apparently, it was something to be happy about. Or perhaps those feelings were reserved for children; the Ravokians outside didn't really seem to care, carrying on with their menial chats and errands as if the fluff in the air didn't even exist. It was possible that none of it was new to them, but Yoona was stuck in a near-embarrassing state of awe, her void-like eyes widened.

Snow...she knew no word for snow in Tawna. She doubted the Eypharians knew of one, either, nor would the Benshiras with their "relaxed" rendition of Shiber.

Yoona stayed by the window for a few more chimes, just barely paying attention as Inoadar announced his having to take care of something at the outpost. Shipments or...something or other. Not bothering to turn her head, she waved a hand to show that she'd heard him, only to have tiny fingers latch around her wrist and tug at her arm.

Vera was going, too, which left the Chaktawe woman obligated to tag along. And, in truth, she regretted it soon after they'd started to walk. The air had been merciless when the door had been opened, biting at her exposed skin and making her feel more under-dressed than she'd ever thought was possible. A thin layer of snow was coating the ground now, too, and Yoona could feel its minor chill through the thick soles of her feet, making her shiver a little.

She didn't complain, though, restricting herself to staying silent and covering as much of her upper body as she could with her arms. Once they'd all reached the outpost, the other two went off to take care of their business, and Yoona was left to her own devices.

'Wonderful...I get to wander about in the cold until I freeze to death,' she bitterly mused, her eyes following their shrinking shapes until they were well in the distance.

...well. What now?

All of a sudden, Ruki's voice was in her mind, the timing nearly perfect. Yoona was prepared to tease him about having nothing better to do than wait around for her to need something, but the creature's tone stopped her. He sounded cautious.

"I'm hearing something, Yoona. Something strange."

'Strange like what...?'

There was a pause as he hesitated. Then the empty space beside her legs rippled, and the hyena came into being, his head lowered as he stared off to her left, where the woods beyond the outpost began. "...I'm not sure," came the reply a few ticks later. "But it bothers me. A lot."

'...and?'

"And it should bother you, too. Come on."

Ruki led the way, and the Chaktawe woman wordlessly followed him. As much of a trickster as the guardian was, he tended not to joke around when potentially serious things were at hand. For all she knew, this could be one of those situations; it'd be just her brilliant luck to end up in the middle of something. The unforgettable sound of rickety cart wheels, however, ended up being enough to keep her from audibly complaining.

Slavers. Yoona was sure of it before she'd even seen one of the wretches, but she looked forward to proving herself right, and slipped behind a nearby tree to stay hidden. From her semi-helpful cover she could see them; they made up a small group, all scruffy-looking with rodent-like faces and whips clutched in their hands. Yoona wrinkled her nose at them in disgust, then turned her attention over to the "prize" that they kept in their cart. It was a young girl, the bronze tint to her skin giving away that she'd been stolen from the deserts. Her captors were no doubt dragging her off to the Slave Market, where she'd be displayed and auctioned off like some animal.

The next thing Yoona knew, there were shouts and swears being thrown into the frigid air, and she was just able to catch a glimpse of the girl squeezing through the bars of the cart. She certainly had some nerve to attempt a getaway while she was surrounded, and the Chaktawe woman watched in mild awe as she sprinted away from the startled men. Once they got their bearings, though, they'd go tearing after her, and it wouldn't take long for the girl to wedge herself into a corner; she was in unfamiliar lands, surrounded by strange sights and smells...it was inevitable.

Without a word to Ruki or a second thought within her own mind, Yoona went darting forward, knocking the nearest slaver over by ramming him with her shoulder as she went by. She reached out and grabbed the girl's wrist once she was close enough, giving her a reassuring smirk when she whipped her head around and looked at her. 'As if I'd be able to live with myself if I let those wretched creatures catch you...no, I'll help you out of this mess.'

There was no plan of action in her head, at the moment, but the Chaktawe woman was more than ready to fight the rest of the men off, if their out-of-shape bodies managed to catch up, soon.

And then, far in the distance, she spotted a lone man amidst the trees, looking as though he'd been watching the whole scenario. What, was he one of the slavers? A stray, headstrong hunter hoping to gain something valuable by intervening? Or perhaps it was some sort of trap...? Whatever the case, white-hot rage broiled deep within Yoona's chest at the sight of him. Keeping up her pace, she pulled the girl forward and yelled for her to find someplace to hide, using her Common in the hopes that she'd understand. Luckily she did, and as she bounded off, her hair streaming out behind her, the Chaktawe woman turned toward the lone slaver. He seemed almost dazed, but it was the perfect opportunity for her to move in, and the first blow with her knee was enough to send him to the snow-coated ground, gasping and wheezing.

Yoona didn't hesitate, spitting a swear at him in her native tongue as she went searching around for a weapon. Something sharp, maybe, or heavy...and a moment later her eyes fell upon a decent-looking rock. She grabbed at it, weighing it in her hand a little before deeming it worthy, then bent down to straddle the winded man and keep him pinned. That was when his face...changed, right before her eyes. It was almost nauseating, but Yoona couldn't bring the rock down, anymore, the overwhelming urge to beat his face in stalled. Gradually it turned back into something human, and she found that there was something recognizable about it.

"Tis I, remember me from the Temple?"

The Temple...? ...Inoadar's friend...? Or acquaintance. Yoona had no idea what hell their relationship was, but she vaguely remembered that the man had mimicked the poisoner's figure. She was silent for a few ticks, staring down at him with hard, pupil-less eyes as she thought and recollected memories. "...you. What are you doing out here?" Yoona said at last, her voice low, the tone accusatory. "Working for those wretches, hmm? You're a slaver? Then all you mean is harm. I get rid of you, now, and that's one less problem to deal with later. Make you a warning to your slaver-friends."

Her hand stayed above her head, though, the rock still held tightly in it. There was some more hesitance in Yoona's face, and she seemed to be internally arguing with herself over something.

"Or...you could help me. Say you do it, explain yourself, and I'll let you up. I promise," the Chaktawe woman said, keeping the rock raised as more or less of a quiet threat to the man.

Last edited by Yoona on March 3rd, 2015, 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I see what I feel.
My sight will change when my heart does."
Yoona
Don't touch. I bite.

Words: 148798
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2014, 5:32 am
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Daegron on January 3rd, 2015, 9:01 pm

Foreboding.
The clouds of fury that drove her assault started to disperse. The coals that she called eyes were still piercing him with a righteous anger that Daegron understood; the feelings that were brewing in her were ones he could relate. She'd recognized him, and it was enough to prevent that sharp shard of earth from puncturing his skull. A small sigh of relief escaped him and he seized the chance to take a few proper breaths. A few explanations were in order, though he was certain that whatever he would say wouldn't make sense. Still, the bitter irony and slightly mocking tone that he always chose to lace his words with, were not implying contempt.

"What am I doing here ? Taking a petching walk in the freezing forests ?" His voice was raspier than ever. "I do not work for slavers nor with them wretches, black-eyes !"

His emerald gaze locked with the blackness of her own and he stood silent for a minute. The murderous fury had subsided and though she was definitely a threat to him, he noticed the subtle change of expression and thought that perhaps she wasn't really ready to take a life. All was silent for a few moments and something familiar stirred.

"You like her on top, don't you ?" Indulgence whispered in his ear, inciting the spark of his passions; as if a warm breath teased his ear, beckoning his lust to awaken. Yes, that was a perfect position and he'd be more than happy to have her that way. He couldn't help but picture her lean figure swaying on top of him and his gaze travelled down her body, imagining her wonderful curves swaying along, her back slightly arched as they'd both desperately submit to a different kind of a struggle, were victory was pleasure. He felt an urge to taste her tanned skin, to grab those perfectly shaped...

Her voice brought his fantasy to a halt, yet the grin that accompanied his thoughts was impossible to hide. He was pinned down and much as he loved the possibilities that eagerly raced in his mind, he had to break free. His arms were locked underneath her long legs and she was quite heavier than one could imagine. This was a battle of wits, not brawn.

"I do not need to explain myself more than you do, love. You shouldn't be here ! Get rid of me and you'll get yourself in a world of trouble while loosing the only possible ally you have in this mess." He paused for a few ticks to let the words seep in through her rage.
"Slavers do not take kindly to having their fortunes stolen, you know better than I. By now they are looking around to add you in their collection, or leave you as a snack for the wolves. You are all alone against a dozen or so of them. Are you that confident ? Are you that good of a fighter ?"

She wasn't one to be afraid, that was certain. She was either foolishly brave or very persistent and too proud to be afraid. Both types end up dead or in worse shape, just like himself. But Daegron's words were mostly aiming at the doubt that had stopped her from delivering a killing blow. The kind of doubt that was painted on her face.

Meanwhile, the shuffling of feet in the fresh snow, the hacking of foliage and the shouted orders and curses were echoing in the forest. And with each passing tick they came closer. There wasn't much time to waste. Buras' friends would soon find them and they wouldn't stand a chance if they were to face them openly. They'd be soon forced to cooperate, whether she liked it or not.

"Let me fill you in about the depth of shyke we got ourselves in, love." The sinister grin refused to leave his face as he went on. Oh how much he adored overwhelming odds; it was almost intoxicating. "You and I are equally petched. You tried to free their merchandise and... let's just say they won't exactly like what I did to their friend before taking his face. Let me up and we'll stand a better chance, will you ?"

His mind started working feverishly to devise some sort of plan. A straight confrontation would be suicidal. They'd have to resort to guile and confusion...

The Art will twist you and turn you.
It will break you and tear you asunder; from your scattered remains it will shape you.
It will engulf you and spit you out.
It will fester in your mind, disfigure your body and blacken your soul.
And so on and so forth, through an endless chain of transformations till the time comes and you are everything...
Then you'll truly be nothing...

Daegron
Fleshcraft made Art

Words: 200831
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2014, 4:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Yoona on January 3rd, 2015, 11:22 pm

'Doesn't work for slavers, hmmm? And yet here he is, having taken on the guise of one...just what in the Hai am I supposed to think?'

Yoona said nothing, choosing to remain silent and give him the chance to say what he felt needed to be said. And while the hostility within her had ebbed a little, she hadn't dared to let her guard down, her pupil-less eyes trained on his face as she continued to press her full weight down onto him, keeping him still. He was a face-morpher, was he not? Then how could she be sure that his current identity was his real identity...? Men with skills such as his were likely to be masters of deception, and what was stopping this...this creature from taking on a face that she'd seen, before, just to make her hesitate? For all she knew, this meeting could be a trap; a scheme devised by the slavers, themselves.

The man beneath her wasn't doing much to convince her otherwise. Within ticks, his mouth had curved into a sly grin, and the Chaktawe woman narrowed her eyes at him, her glare growing cold. There could be any number of poisonous, scheming thoughts writhing about in the depths of his mind, but it didn't take skill to be able to hazard a few guesses. Yoona's grip on the rock strengthened, again, and she had to fight down the sudden urge to shove it down his throat.

Luckily for him, it faded when he continued to speak. How strange, to hear him call himself her ally; the Chaktawe woman had been serious when she'd demanded his help, but ally wasn't a word that she'd use to describe him. Allies were trusted individuals who'd proved themselves to be useful. Staring down at the face-morpher, Yoona became more and more certain that he wasn't worthy of her trust. She'd disliked him back at the Temple, when they'd barely even spoken to each other, and the sentiment hadn't change since then.

How could she even think to trust someone who hid behind the faces of others?

The man questioned her, insisting that the odds were against her, but he may as well have been encouraging her onward. Odds were nothing but challenges, and every challenge, no matter how difficult, could be overcome with a little persistence. These feelings manifested themselves on the woman's face, and she raised her chin a little, almost daring the man to continue doubting her.

He knew nothing about what she was capable of, what things she could do and what things she couldn't. And yet...

...and yet he had a point. The distant sounds of feet against snow reached Yoona's ears, and she turned her head to look off into the forest. It wouldn't be long, now...the wretches would manage to find her, if she didn't act quickly and run, and then they'd both be in trouble. In the end, though, the bulk of the consequences would rain down upon her head. The face-morpher was undoubtedly a citizen; at the most he'd probably lose his credibility, but she...she'd be taken, again. Chained up and forced into yet another rickety carriage, only to be dragged from city to city with a price etched into her skin.

Not again. Never again.

Yoona swore underneath her breath, then shifted her attention back to the man, looking torn. And after a tense moment of stillness and hesitating, she let the rock fall from her hand and got up off of him. 'That grin, again...why do I always find the petching creeps...?'

"...Fine," the Chaktawe woman growled, still glaring once she was on her feet. "But you are helping me...no running off and saving self."

It was a warning, albeit a lazy one. Yoona didn't plan on chasing him down if he decided to give up on being her ally, all of a sudden. He'd just have to hope that they wouldn't meet, again.

"They getting closer...you have some sort of plan, or we going to fight them until we're both tired?"

"I see what I feel.
My sight will change when my heart does."
Yoona
Don't touch. I bite.

Words: 148798
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2014, 5:32 am
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)