[Vanessa's Scrapbook] Rant's & Rambles

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Aventis on February 15th, 2015, 10:28 pm

I, ah... I can definitely relate. There are few things I am truly passionate about. Writing is one of them. I cannot say that O have never been told that it's useless, it'll never get published, that it'll pass, or that I'm wasting my time and I should focus on other skills. It's... Harmful. It really is. Perhaps even true for some people. But I truly and honestly feel like it's not true for you. Keep on writing.

-Dylan

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Shameless self advertising. Feel free to make a request!

Aventis
Your brother in multiple arms

Words: 158586
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2014, 9:14 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Vanessa Lawson on February 15th, 2015, 10:36 pm

Goss, you deserve a medal for witty comebacks. You have my vote. :D

Aventis, I really doubt that anything someone enjoys doing is a phase. I just get pissed every time I hear it. Then again, I keep writing just to prove them wrong and because I still get fun out of it.
Vlog | 4/6 Threads | Plotnotes
Vanessa Lawson
The Knowledge Seeker

Words: 56894
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2014, 5:48 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Vanessa Lawson on February 17th, 2015, 3:48 pm

Qoutes to Remember

So recently I've been seeing a lot of quotes that I have heard in the past. Then I decided, "Hey, why not share my thoughts on my favourites?" So that's what I'm going to do. At the end d of this I have made my own quote, just something I thought of a very long time ago.

"Life is 10% what hapens to you and 90% of how you react to it."
-Charles R. Swindoll

Think of a time when something bad has happened to you. Then think of they way you reacted to it. Was your reaction to keep smiling or get upset and depressed? How did your day go if you got depressed? How did it go if you kept smiling? Now think of the outcome of your day had you done the opposite. In my opinion, if I react by continuously smiling, chances are high that my day was good. Now if I got depressed, my day was complete trash. Depending on how you react to certain situations, you end up with a different ending right? Swindoll summarised this in one sentence. I actually keep this on my wall along with my authors statement.

And now for my quote, because honestly. What kid didn't like the slinky toys?

"People are like slinkys. Annoying, but still put a smile on your face when you push them down the stairs."
-Me

I put a smile on when I read this, because I'm proud of my honesty. XD
Vanessa Lawson
The Knowledge Seeker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Vanessa Lawson on February 27th, 2015, 11:25 pm

Annnd yet another show off. Please go see Estr's simplistic wish machine. She Needs to do more art. :D

I'm thinking of doing my opinion on my favorite races on Mizahar. Nothing to extravagant, just my opinions on the pros and cons. I might also add what Vanessa might be like as one.
Vanessa Lawson
The Knowledge Seeker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Previous