[Verified by Crosspatch] Vanessa Lawson

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Vanessa Lawson

Postby Vanessa Lawson on December 10th, 2014, 8:04 pm

Vanessa Lawson
The Knowledge Seeker

Appearance

Race: Human
Birthday: 20 Day of Spring, 496 AV
Birthplace: Syliras
Patron: Ser Alvin John
Shield Points: 9
Fluent Language: Common

Personality: Vanessa is a mainly a collected person. She's level headed, and knows how to deal with herself better than most. She isn't one immediately panic over small things. She is mainly a calm individual, but that can change in a matter of seconds, especially when she's angry. Though it's very difficult to get her to that point. Well-mannered and respectable, Vanessa is fiercely loyal to her friends, family, and comrades. She is not one to open up quickly however, though she is a semi sociable person. The woman prefers to be either alone of surrounded by friends. While she's not hard to get along with, she is blunt, and is never fails to speak her mind.

Likes: Honesty, Ale, Coffee, Loyalty, Peace and Quiet, training, and calmness.
Dislikes: Loud and obnoxious people, Lies/liars, laziness, and sour foods
Worships: Eyris - A firm believer in Eyris, Vanessa believes that knowledge resides in person and object. While she has not fully understood her search for knowledge she has realized that she wishes to understand the world around her.

Appearance:
The Woman:
Vanessa is a tall woman with a mild muscular build. She has caramel skin and thick black hair that extends just past her shoulders. She has hazel brown eyes, and thick lashes that enhance and draw attention to her eyes. She stands at 5'8" and weighs around 142lbs. She has a very relaxed Posture. With high cheek bones and small dimples, her face hasn't very many distinguishing features. She is usually wearing a blank expression.

The Squire:
When on duty Vanessa stands tall and firm. She is very alert, and always has her hair in a bun or a neat ponytail down her back to keep it out of her eyes. She sports leather armour borrowed from the Knighthood, a small shield on her left arm, and casually has her fathers broadsword sheathed at her side.

The Citizen:
On off days by herself Vanessa takes the chance to let her hair down. Often leaving it to hang on her shoulders. She usually sports casual clothing, often going for a long sleeve shirt with a dark vest and long pants with the same color shoes. However, she does still carry her broadsword at her waist.

Injuries :
Injury Date Sustained Date Healed
Bruise on right arm, cut on arm, small bruise on neck, and bleeding inner lip. These should heal after 4-5 days unless the cuts get infected. 55th of Winter, 514AV 59th of Winter, 514AV

Character History

Being born into a family of Knights isn't easy. In fact, it was far from. When Vanessa was born it was all about the great things she would do in the future. She was raised by her mother and father, and was raised on teachings of the Knighthood. When she was old enough to walk and speak properly, the training began. Everyday was a training day. Every night ended with a new lesson learned. Waking early sleeping late. That was her life up until the age of fifteen.

As a fifteen year old, she was able to train by herself, and use real weapons. It was natural for her to push past the limit and pass out. It was life. She didn't mind it at all however, especially since it made her mother and father proud. When they passed away during a mission however, Vanessa was devastated.

All she was left with was her fathers Broadsword and past memories. After sulking for months, Vanessa decided to train in the footsteps of her parents, eventually becoming a page and working her way to the squire position she stands on now. Now matured, Vanessa pushes herself harder than before to make her deceased parents proud.
Last edited by Vanessa Lawson on February 28th, 2015, 9:29 pm, edited 23 times in total.
Vlog | 4/6 Threads | Plotnotes
Vanessa Lawson
The Knowledge Seeker

Words: 56894
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2014, 5:48 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Vanessa Lawson

Postby Vanessa Lawson on December 12th, 2014, 4:04 pm

Skills, Lore, Ledger

Skills

Skill Experience Total Level
Socialization +4,+5,+1,+1,+5,+2 18 Novice
Rhetoric +1,+1 2 Novice
Observation +3,+3,+1,+2,+4,+2 15 Novice
Teaching +1 1 Novice
Unarmed Combat 10SP,+1,+3,+1 15 Novice
Broadsword 10SP,15RB,+4,+3,+1 33 Competent
Shield 10SP 10 Novice
Shortbow 10SP 10 Novice
Riding 10SP 10 Novice
Acrobatics +1 1 Novice
Endurance +5 5 Novice
Philosophy +2 2 Novice
Research +2 2 Novice
Diplomacy +1 1 Novice
Dance +1 1 Novice
Interrogation +1 1 Novice
Intimidation +1 1 Novice

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Housing +500 GM 600 GM
Cash-In -10 GM/+100 SM 590GM 100SM
Dagger -2 GM 588GM 100SM
Sheathe (Dagger) -2SM 588GM 98SM
Sheathe (Sword) -4GM 584GM 98SM
Boots, Ridding -1GM 583GM 98SM
Belt -2SM -583GM 96SM
Belt Pouch -10SM 583GM 86SM
Saddle -10GM 573GM 86SM
Halter & Lead -1SM 573GM 85SM
But & Bridle -2GM 571GM 85SM
Saddlebags -5GM 566GM 85SM
Kavink Paintedmount (Horse) -80GM 486GM 85SM
Cash In -20sm/+200cm 486gm 65Sm 200cm
+40 flight arrows/+Large Quiver -56gm/-190cm 430gm 65sm 10cm
Winter 514AV Living Expenses Squire 430g, 65sm 10cm

Lores

Jaymz: Use a combination of unarmed combat and his Scimitar
Jaymz: Good Sparring Partner
Aventis: Swift on his feet
Aventis: Overconfident yet skilled squire
Lore Of Eyris
The Syliran Knights
Scimitar: Used on Horseback, Good for Slashing
Combining Unarmed Combat with Swordcraft
Disarmed: No longer in possession of father's sword
Spinning to get out of the way
Learn from your opponent
Eyris: Goddess of Wisdom and Knowledge
Eyris: True Neutral Deity
Eyris' Realm of Understanding
Eyris: Perceived Appearance
From Page to Squire
Patron: Ser Alvin John
Broadsword: Basic Stance
In every fight expect to get scathed
Ser Alvin: Patient yet strict
Dance: Basic Fire Dancing
When In Doubt, Knock Him Out.
Aventis: Has A Second Pair Of Arms.
Aventis: Tries To Avoid You
Socialization: Break The Ice With A Question
Last edited by Vanessa Lawson on March 16th, 2015, 11:51 am, edited 19 times in total.
Vanessa Lawson
The Knowledge Seeker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Vanessa Lawson

Postby Vanessa Lawson on December 12th, 2014, 4:19 pm

Possessions

Clothing
-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Cloak
-Simple Boots
Boots Riding
Belt w/ Pouch

Equipment
Broadsword(Heirloom)
Knightly Armour(Loan By Syliran Knights)
Shortbow(Loan)
Small Shield(Loan)
Dagger
Large Quiver
Flight Arrows(40)

Mount
Species: Kavink Paintedmount
Name: Alice
Personality: TBA

Riding
Saddle
Saddlebags
Halter & Lead
Bit & Bridle

Miscellaneous
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Wood)
-Brush (Wood)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week's worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
-1 Waterskin
486 GM/85 SM
Sheathe (Dagger)
Sheathe (Sword)

Heirloom
A Broadsword once wielded by her father, Vanessa uses it as a good luck charm and primary weapon. Apparently a soldier was told to give it to her as her father died beside him in battle.
Last edited by Vanessa Lawson on February 17th, 2015, 4:15 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Vanessa Lawson
The Knowledge Seeker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Vanessa Lawson

Postby Vanessa Lawson on December 12th, 2014, 4:21 pm

Housing

House: Though the trials and training of being a squire can take nearly twelve hours a day, when that day is done the squires retire to their rooms in the Bittern District. A few hundred squires, the vast majority of them rowdy teenagers, spend their evenings in the suites set aside for their use. Order is upheld by a few dozen dormitory chaperons, usually one of the widows who came to the city and looking for work and a place to live.

Housing is divided into suites which have three sleeping rooms, a bathing room, and a common area. Each suite is assigned to a time when they are to take their meals in one of the larger dining halls, which can accommodate several suites at once.

Sleeping rooms have anywhere from three to six beds depending on the size, and each squire has their own chest to store their belongings in. These rooms are on the whole unsupervised, though the chaperons may enter at any time to check in on their charges. These rooms are often segregated by sex - meaning either all boys or all girls sharing a sleeping room - though the rooms themselves are mixed in each suite. This means that a single suite might have three rooms of boys and then a girls' room. Though the girls are given separate sleeping arrangements, there is little else spared them for privacy's sake - they must make their way to knighthood the same as the boys.

Guests are not allowed in the dormitories, and anyone found sneaking in a friend will be punished by the chaperons and possibly reported to the knights. Anyone found in this area who doesn't belong are usually identified by the chaperons fairly quickly and, when she starts screaming and pointing, tackled by the nearest squires eager to prove themselves capable of subduing a villain. And then, of course, taken into custody by the knights.

Fighting or sparring is forbidden within the dorms, as is all use of magic. A squire caught breaking this rule is immediately reported to the Knights and punished by them.

For most squires, though, the dormitory is where friendships are formed, families are built, and connections made that will serve them the rest of their years in the Knighthood.
Last edited by Vanessa Lawson on February 4th, 2015, 12:49 am, edited 6 times in total.
Vanessa Lawson
The Knowledge Seeker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Vanessa Lawson

Postby Vanessa Lawson on December 14th, 2014, 5:20 pm

Thread List

Winter 514AV

Spring 515AV
DateTitleProgress
#--
#--

Flashback
DateTitleProgress
#--
#--

The Knowledge Seeker
Date Part Description Progress
70th of Winter, 514Pt.1Vanessa seeks knowledge about the Goddess her family revered. Completed
#---
#---

To Be a Knight
DatePartDescriptionProgress
10th of Summer, 509AV Pt. 1 A young Vanessa moves her way up the Knightly chain. Ongoing
#---
#---

Saga
DatePartDescriptionProgress
#---
#---
Last edited by Vanessa Lawson on March 2nd, 2015, 10:19 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Vanessa Lawson
The Knowledge Seeker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Vanessa Lawson

Postby Vanessa Lawson on December 17th, 2014, 4:11 pm

The Patron

DoB: 35th of Winter, 483AV
PoB: Syliras
Title: Knight of Blue Company, 2nd Regiment, Silver Squadron
Gnosis: 2 Sylir

Alvin is a good spirited man with a kind heart. Even though he's nice, he can be very strict - and harsh - when it comes to training. He is often looking at the sky, and has a love for nature. Alvin is known to be very well mannered. He's not found of rudeness, and he dislikes when people are overconfident in themselves. He is a very cheery fellow, and he isn't one to turn down a chance to have fun. Even with him being so nice and carefree, Alvin does NOT tolerate disrespect of any kind, and he would never stand for anyone who doesn't take their work seriously.

Alvin had a sister named Aria whom is a few years younger than him, but she passed away on her 16th birthday, and is one of the reasons Alvin is now a knight. Aria had always told Alvin he would make a great knight, so as a goal he set out to become on for her, and he remains a loyal Knight of the order.

Skills :
Riding(Horse) 43, Sword Bastard 41, Shortbow 36, Shield 42, Brawling 45, Flux 31, Leadership 30
Vanessa Lawson
The Knowledge Seeker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Vanessa Lawson

Postby Vanessa Lawson on February 4th, 2015, 1:02 am

Vanessa's Interview

General Information :
1. What is your Name?
"Vanessa Lawson."
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name?
"I'm sometimes called Van or Nessa."
3. How old are you?
"Eighteen, why?"
4. What is your height?
"I believe I was five eight the last time I checked."
5. What is your weight?
"This is a rude question. I will however answer. I was one-hundred forty-two pounds a while ago."

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself.
"I see myself as a a very calm and collected individual how seeks to know the world around her better. I see myself as respectable and trustworthy, as well as knowledgeable."
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you.
"Generally they seem me as strong willed emotionless pawn. They see me as a girl who will follow orders no matter what. However that's not entirely true..."
3. What is your favorite body feature?
"Well.. I don't particularly have one, but if I must chose I guess it would be my hair."
4. How physically fit are you?
"I'm very fit as demanded by my occupation."
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?
"Well, when I'm not in armor I like to let loose with casual clothing. Generally something loose fitting so I have more freedom of mobility."

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like?
"My Mother and Father, Marco and Elizabeth, were wonderful. They trained me and raised me, something I never got the chance to return."
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
"No, none."
3. What is your extended family like?
"Well, most of my family was in the knighthood, so I'm not really sure who they were."
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?
"My close friends are family. No more no less than that."
5. Do you treat animals like family?
"Alice, my horse is like family I guess. I've never really thought of it that way."

"In Syliras."
2. Where do you live now?
"Being raised there, I've chosen to stay there for a while longer. I'm currently in Syliras."
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?
"Any where I have family and friends. I wouldn't leave anywhere if I was leaving someone behind."
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time?
"Hm.. I visit the Taverns occasionally, but I perfer to spend my time in the Archives."
5. Where do you fear to be?
"Sadly, like many others I fear loneliness. It's a weakness that almost everyone has."

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)
"Not that I'm aware of."
2. Are you right handed or left handed?
"I swing harder with my right. Will that suffice?"
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?
"I'm only familiar with common tongue and so far none have told me I have an accent of any kind. I guess my voice is.. Firm. I have a tendency to keep a low tone."
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
"Hmm.. No I don't. At least I don't think I do."
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them)?
"Definitely not. I don't like marking of any kind on my body. However an ear piercing wouldn't be so bad I suppose."

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation?
"I work as a aspiring Knight. I hope to leave my Squire-hood soon."
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why?
"I love my work. It is an important one, keeping the citizens safe. How would they feel without a life line of some sort."
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?
"Well, if I wasn't a squire... I guess I wouldn't mind being a Mercenary."
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why?
"I admire the Knights of Syliras the most. The reason is simple; They lay down their lives for the protection of others, and seek peace for all. Such a noble thing surely does not go unnoticed correct?"
5. What occupation do you lest like? Why?
"Assassins and thieves. They take what they like, and kill those who would try to prevent it. And assassins. To kill for money, even if the person is innocent? Such a person surely deserves death."

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you?
"A decent child I guess. I usually did what I was told, and I loved my days with my parents. Even if I complained about training, it was always fun in the end."
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood?
"Hmm.. Well, there was the time when I became a squire. I was so excited I slammed the door to my parents room into the wall and left a dent."
3. What is your worst memory from childhood?
"With good things comes bad I suppose. The day my Mother and Father died. It was very... difficult for me to recover afterwards."
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?
"A very fond one. We did everything together. We trained, laughed and cried. But never alone."
5. Who was your most influential role-model?
"My Father. He was the biggest influence. He trained me the most, taught me the ropes on how to handle life."

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?
"I was taught by the Knighthood. I'm well versed in my opinion."
2. Do you like/dislike learning?
"Of course not! What am I here for if not to learn?"
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?
"From my Father. He was the best in my mind."
4. How do you learn best?
"From trying it myself. If you explain to me while I'm trying the idea, it helps a lot."
5. What are your educational goals for the future?
"I just want to know more about Mizahar. I want to know every detail, every inch of understanding. I want to know the place I live in, and experience it in new ways."

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?
"Yes I do. Why? To broaden my horizon of course. There are many a person to learn from in this world."
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?
"Generally yes. It depends on if I'm on home turf. I usually give everyone the benefit of a doubt."
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?
"I'm straight."
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.
"Well, no.. But I, well.. Oh, never mind."
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.
"Have you no sense of boundaries?"

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.
"A few times. Well, I guess it was back when I was meeting someone at a fire dancing show. I guess I was a bit exhausted and my second drink pushed me over. I made him uncomfortable to say the least."
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?
"Not really, I usually hold my alcohol really well."
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?
"Ale. Definitely Ale."
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?
"No. Never."
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.
"Personally, I have nothing against drugs. I just think that they alter a person to much, and worsen your judgement. I dislike their effects I guess. On the other hand, I don't mind Alcohol as long as a person knows their limits."

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?
"I enjoy training and finding a good spar. It always gives me a thrill."
2. Do you like to read?
"Yes I do. Anything and everything."
3. What annoys you more than anything else?
"Slacking. Ignorance. Mainly ignorance."
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?
"Reading in the Archives. It seems to lighten my day quite a bit."
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?
"Well, I get embarrassed when it comes to relationships.. N-not that I have issues it's just.. sometimes things are to much.."

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?
"I have a liking for blue. It reminds me of.. things."
2. What is your favorite time of day?
"Evening, about just before my patrol shift ends."
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
"Um.. Well, I.. Nothing."
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
"I'm not one for the fancy foods and such. Meat is fine, mash potatoes, that sort of thing."
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?
"I love sunny days, especially when training. I don't think I'm particularly scared of different weather."

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
"I'm definitely and Optimist."
2. What are your religious views?
"I'm religious, but not overtly so. While I do admire my Goddess, I don't go around shoving her name."
3. Would you be able to kill?
"If it was necessary to save a comrade."
4. What are your views on sex?
"Please respect my choice to ignore you."
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?
"Finding your place. It's a common goal, but it is a harsh one."

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?
"Worst? Letting myself fall in depression. While the best thing I've ever done is come out of it."
2. What is your greatest regret?
"Not being with my parents in their final moments."
3. What is your best/worst memory?
"My worst memory is when that soldier returned with my Father's sword. It is only passed down after the previous owners death."
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?
"Letting my Parents die. I feel regret as it is for not being there, more so for not saving them."
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?
"My squire-hood. And soon when I become a Knight."

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
"While I'm not the most open person, I do share with my close friends."
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
"No, not that I'm aware of."
3. What makes you happy?
"Being with friends and family."
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
"My comrades and friends. I never again want to suffer the pain of loss. For that reason I will train and become stronger."
5. What makes you angry?
"Being called weak. By no means am I the best, but at least I seek improvement."

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
"I give the attitude I receive, for the most part."
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
"... Next please."
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
"I respect my Father. He has done so many things to keep everyone safe. I wish to take his place soon."
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
"Well I.. I do, but.. Then again I don't.."
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why
"I believe so. I admire him, as well as I acknowledge his skill. He is a bit.. cold in personality however."

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
"I prefer to avoid it, unless absolutely necessary."
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
"Unfortunately no, I don't."
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
"While it may be fun, I don't. I'm.. a bit socially challenged. I have a hard time starting conversation, but I can usually speak if someone else initiates it."
4. Do you care what others think of you?
"No. I do not."
5. What do you think of others, in general?
"Everyone is good in my book until they prove otherwise."

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
"My level headed attitude. For the most part I remain calm and collected."
2. What is your greatest weakness?
"My inability to start conversation."
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
"My clumsiness when drunk."
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
"I'm more introverted, but I open up to certain people."
5. Are you generally organized or messy?
"Organized? I'm not messy, but I'm not neat either."

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
"Eyris is my guide. Her grasp of knowledge is most appealing."
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
"Well, I'm not acquainted with many of them."
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
"No."
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
"I would give a my life for her."
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?
"Killing. I will not, and cannot kill just for the sake of another."

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
"My family, friends, and comrades."
2. What is the best part of life?
"Learning to understand."
3. What is the best part of death?
"Passing on the knowledge and legacy to another."
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
"Of old age. I want to live as long as possible."
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
"My seek of knowledge and my wisdom."
Vanessa Lawson
The Knowledge Seeker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes