[University- Wright Library] Light-fingered reading(Kamalia)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Khalzaan on November 7th, 2010, 3:10 pm

12th Fall, 510 AV

Shuffling...

The quiet sound of sandalled feet moving across a well worn floor permeated the library. Although few would ever notice it the library was alive, in a sense, shuffling was it's heartbeat, furniture creaked like joints and a million thoughts flew through it's mind in the hushed whispers of students and staff.

A truly observant person would notice this, would feel the life of the place running through it... Khalzaan did not. His booted feet clipped across the worn floors, sending a staccato rhythm through them that jarred against the shuffling unkindly. This was a man who did not belong, whose every gesture and step was too loud. The library did not like him there, unfortunately for the library, he did not care.

He gave his most charming smile to one of the more attractive female students as she came close, frowning then as the girl simply lowered her head and hurried on. Inwardly he sighed, these studious types weren't nearly as fun as he would have liked, and the town didn't even have a brothel! It was a sad state of affairs indeed for the young Vanthan man and he glanced up at one of the windows, peering at the vibrant orange sky as the sun began it's daily disappearing routine as his boots carried him further into the book stacks.

Fingertips dragged lightly over the spines of several worn tomes as Khal skimmed over the titles briefly, pausing suddenly at one of them and pulling it from the shelf. "The Nature of Wind." The title read and the suddenly interested novice Reimancer flipped open the worn tome to scan the contents. He had been hoping at some point to attempt mastering another element, and wind had always been one that spoke most strongly to him. It was the most subtle, invisible but everywhere, effecting everything...

Glancing around furtively Khal crouched, resting the book on his knee as he leaned forward, raising one hand to trail his fingers lightly over the books on the bottom shelf as if trying to decide on which to pick. His other hand however was busy trying to stuff the one he really wanted up under his leather curiass as his body leaned into the shelf to mask his movements as much as possible.

Finally the book slipped up inside and Khal readjusted his outfit to hold it in place against his stomach. Standing, he stretched and glanced around briefly before wandering a little deeper into the library. Adopting a serious and scholarly expression he continued to wander through the library attempting to look as if he were simply browsing.

Just have to keep wandering for a few more minutes, he thought, and then I'll make for the exit.

Khalzaan
Player

Words: 28594
Joined roleplay: October 26th, 2010, 4:55 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kamalia Timandre on November 9th, 2010, 4:52 pm

Thread is dead. Saving intro for somebody else. :|

Last edited by Kamalia Timandre on February 11th, 2011, 7:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kamalia Timandre
I send a hail of burning ice!

Words: 254985
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2009, 8:37 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Thread (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (4) Advocate (1)

Postby Khalzaan on November 9th, 2010, 6:18 pm

Why did libraries always seem so dusty? It wasn't like they didn't have cleaners... Khal thought idly as he wandered as if browsing. Alright probably safe to make for the exit now then I can find a tavern, get myself a nice drink and a nice barm- His thoughts cut off suddenly as an iridescent vision made it's way into his eye-line.

Smiling the man's feet turned on the spot, carrying him over towards the Konti quickly, his eyes shifting towards gold as he drank in her appearance. That's a lot of white... He thought briefly before he was moving closer to her, his Djed extending the aura of his charisma as he smiled at her, golden eyes simmering.
You like me, he suggested to her subconscious before following it up with a sudden thought. He's attractive.

"What are you doing here?" He demanded of her in a serious tone even as his lips curled in a faint smile.

"You shouldn't be in a library..." The Vanthan continued, "Because if the gods granted you intelligence to match your beauty that would be entirely unfair to everyone else." He finished with a smile, his eyes twinkling.

"Would you like a slave? Someone to carry your books, engage in philosophical debate with? Gaze at you in admiration?" The man asked, "I feel certain I was brought to this library for just that purpose." He lied with a smile.

"I'm sure in honesty you're a little tired of people being drawn to you because of your looks," The Vanthan guessed, "So while your beauty obligated me to comment upon it, now I'm free to become more interested in the person behind it, if you'd do me the great honour of telling me a little about yourself, I'd be more appreciative." He told her, inclining his head slightly as he lightly touched her emotions. Amused. Flattered.
Khalzaan
Player

Words: 28594
Joined roleplay: October 26th, 2010, 4:55 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kamalia Timandre on December 12th, 2010, 2:42 pm

It was not too difficult for the Vantha male to persuade the Konti through hypnotism that he was indeed attractive. While Kamalia had never given much thought about male beauty, there was something about this man that enticed her. He had olive skin tone and dark hair, but most arresting were his eyes that captured the sungold crown of Syna. Kamalia had spoken with the occasional Vantha back in Syliras. The children of the north and their ever-changing eyes had never failed to enchant her. The man’s glimmering golden eyes were beauteous to behold, and there was no denying that he was handsome, but Kamalia knew enough how to conceal her fascination.

Kamalia turned to face him, but she did not return the smile. Vantha or no, the konti sorceress distrusted humans. This man could even be a slaver from Ravok, for all she knew. The konti faced him squarely, her expression taking on an icy mien as the man approached her and demanded what she was doing in the library. This man was no Zeltivan scholar, but she had had enough of dealing with males who showered her with asinine flatteries. “Whoever told you that the world was fair, my good ser? Such sinister flatteries do you a disservice. Tell me, do these pointless flatteries work on human females?”

Slowly, the konti seer’s lips curved into a sly smile. She was amused and flattered, that was true, and even as she was in no mood for pointless adulation, the konti was not averse to being entertained. The konti’s eyes glimmered with mirth when her seer sensitivities caught the man’s lie as he spoke about his “purpose”. “I see. So your purpose apparently is to bother me. However, I believe I have little time to squander for socialization. Trust me when I say I’m very busy and horrendously unsociable. Mayhap you can have amorous affairs with that brunette sophomore student over by the fireplace instead? I heard she bore a wanton predilection for foreign men.”

Kamalia smiled slyly and her bemused eyes swept over the Vantha with a measured, calculating gaze.

Kamalia Timandre
I send a hail of burning ice!

Words: 254985
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2009, 8:37 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Thread (1) Peer Reviewer (1)