[Flashback]Oh Celebration! [Triniel & Kulde]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Talhar on November 7th, 2010, 5:47 pm

508 AV, 45th day of Winter

Decorations and joyous smiles were abundant today in the Frostfawn Hold and for good reason too. A sacred union between two people of the Frostfawn Hold was being celebrated starting today. The 19 year old bride was nowhere to be seen since the sun illuminated the landscape, without a doubth she's in a secret location putting on her bridal gown. The groom stood in the center of the Hold, politely talking to all the gratulating, happy guests and locals alike. There wasn't a single soul in the Frostfawn Hold that didn't like weddings. Most of the women of the Hold were zealously making their finishing touches on the decorations while most of the men were sitting and talking to eachother, no doubth trying to overdo the other with the most entrancing and surreal tales.

The Hold was decorated with many decorations but the most prominent were several large carved out statues and totems and to top it all off there was a gorgeous lifesize icesculpture of Morwen, so that the couple has the feeling that Morwen herself gave her blessing for this marriage.

Many dyed and decorated blankets and rugs were spread across the Hold, so that everyone had a place to sit. Near a group of girls that were around the age of 16 there sat a man busy putting the last adjustments and details on the mask him and his mother made to give the 'husband and wife - to be'.

The mask they had made was bleached and looked like it was made of some sort of bone now, the hair they added was also snowwhite and created a beautiful harmony between the mask and the hair. Talhar had to admit that his mother helped most in making the mask but he did his fair share too. Cutting out the needed wood and bending it carefully. His mother did the details and openings onto the mask, those were tasks too delicately for Talhar's novice hands to work on.

The girls chattered away behind Talhar's bent back, he paid them little to no attention and tried not to lose focus of the mask. But suddenly the conversation changed to a rather interesting topic and Talhar was all ears eventhough he acted like he was still working on the mask.

" Did you hear? The groom gave a rather not-sizeable treasure for the hand of his bride-to-be. I heard the bride plead and plead 'till her father finally gave up and allowed them to get married. "

' Tsk, I would never want to a marry a man that has no value. '

Talhar grew angrier and angrier as the conversation continued, what did these brats knew about love? He turned around with a smile and barged in the conversation saying:

" What a coincidence, ' I ' would never want to a marry a woman that has no heart. "

The girls were taken aback by the sudden interruption and gave him icecold looks but they bounced off his broad back as he had already turned around and continued his work, slightly less angry.
Talhar
Player

Words: 50746
Joined roleplay: April 11th, 2010, 1:29 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Triniel on November 10th, 2010, 3:58 am

What a marvelous night it was! Todnay was a day of merriment and joy throughout the Frostfawn Hold. Kayin Frostfawn was in a state of merriment, for his younger sister Reikanni was going to be wed today. There was the essence of joy in the air, as everyone in the Frostfawn Hold was busy doing something for the wedding. Kayin made his way to Frostfawn Hold, where the ceremony was going to take place, making sure that everything was in place and running smooth. Kayin had made sure the Hold was dressed in white; only the best for a Frostfawn, especially when it was his sister. "Thank Morwen for a wonderous day!" Kayin exclaimed to the Hold members who were putting the finishing touches around the Hold.

Kayin was grinning from ear to ear, as he finished checking over the decorating. Glancing around one last time, Kayin gave his nod of approoval. Satisfied that the place was in order, Kaying went to check on Te'ran, and the arrival of Lee'ena.

Finally, the day had come! Today was the day Reikanni had been waiting for, the day she was to wed Te'ran. The past week had been nothing but preparation, although today was by far the busiest! Since waking this morning, Reikanni had been busy in preparation. The only thing left to be done now was to get into her bridal gown. It took a good deal of effort, but Jedara, and the rest of the women gathered to help, were a big help in getting her into the gown. Oh how she couldn't wait! She kept jabbering away, talking about how wonderful this way going to be, finally having a partner and such. She was a little upset that Daluna wasn't here, but it was alright because she would be at the ceremony.

Once the gown was on, the shoes were in place, the make up spread across her face, Reikanni took a breather. The only thing now was to wait for their signal, letting them know when it was time for her grand entrance. As Reikanni looked up at the moon, she made a wish in Morwen's name that everything would run smoothly.
Last edited by Triniel on November 11th, 2010, 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Credit Is Due To Jen For The Lovely Set
Triniel
Avanthal's Princess

Words: 15508
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2010, 1:20 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 2
Power Fork (2)

Postby Cheshire on November 10th, 2010, 10:14 pm

It was the day Te'ran had been waiting for. He had been close friends with Kayin for as long as he could remember. It was through him that he met Reikanni, his soon to be bride. "Te'ran, I cannot believe you are going to be someone's husband. No more late night 'hunts' if you know what I mean right?" A friend jabbed the nervous man in the ribs with his elbow as he chided. Te'ran smiled although he was far too on edge to deal with his friend's jokes. This was huge. Te'ran was going to marry the younger sister of the leader of the hold. Although the man was a known jokester he was serious today. His friend's continued to romp around and act like children but he was stoic and although he did not show it, scared to death. He knew he loved Reikanni. How could someone not? It was just a very big step in his life. A step he was willing to take though.

After Te'ran's group of friends had calmed down they proceeded to get dressed for the wedding. Putting on the suit was easy. It was just like getting dressed everyday. The tie was a bit more difficult though. He fumbled as he tried to put the tie on. It was like his hands would not work. He sighed and sat down on the chair behind him. How would he get through his wedding if he was so nervous?

After a few chimes of sitting in despair one of Te'ran's friends came to his side. He was the only one other than Te'ran who seemed to be taking the situation seriously. "Do you want help with your tie?" Te'ran looked up at his friend and have him a relieved smile. "Yeah Ranou. For the love of Morwen, I have never been so nervous in my entire life." Ranou began to tie Te'ran's tie and gave a small smirk. "You would think a man who has hunted a dire snow leopard would have no fear in the eyes of a woman." Te'ran laughed at his friend's jab at his ego. It held a hint of truth though. When Ranou was done tying Te'ran's tie he looked at him. "You would think but man, woman are sure scary."
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Kulde on November 18th, 2010, 7:07 pm

Celebrations. Weddings. Family gatherings. It wasn't Kulde's cup of tea. There was only two parties or festivals that Kulde enjoyed, both had everything to do with Morwen. At the moment he rather longed for the wilderness. Instead of being in the same area as all these people. He liked being with his closest family. Not all these semi-strangers, where he consciously had to think about his behavior and such. Trying to appear within the norm. It would tire him if this wedding carried on for too long. But as said, it was a wedding, it would probably last for the whole day. If not more. It was the younger sister of the leader of the Frostfawn, so of course it would be celebrated. It was the same fact that kept Kulde from even considering to slip away after the ceremony. They would probably not miss him, but still, would be rude thing to do ... Plus Kayin could take it the wrong way if he just snuck out later.

Kulde was wandering around aimlessly, not lingering anywhere long enough for people to notice him and talk to him. That was when he came by a conversation that disheartened him, of all the Vantha in Frostfawn, he was perhaps the poorest and would never be able to give a good gift. He heard the snappy response from another boy. Despite his shyness around strangers, he couldn't help snickering at the comment which got him on the receiving end of another cold glare. Kulde was quick to move on and follow the boy. Liking him already for his attitude.

"Nice comment." Kulde said when he caught up to the boy. Seeing the thing in his hands. "Oooo, you made that?"
Kulde
The Cold

Words: 20884
Joined roleplay: October 14th, 2010, 1:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Talhar on November 19th, 2010, 10:17 am

Slightly annoyed by those girls Talhar moved from his spot with his tools in one hand and his mask in the other. He was searching for a quiet spot to further toy around with his mask. 'Cause truth be told, it was already finished but he just couldn't help himself, he loves to carve.

As he walked he heard a voice coming from behind him, commenting positively on his snarly, but justified, remark at the insensitive girls. He turned around and nearly collided mid-turn with the unknown and muscular man that looked like he was about the same age as Talhar.

" Woah, sorry...Yeah, I made that together with my family as a gift to the soon-to-be newlyweds. "

He said with a small grin, he was proud of the white mask, eventhough many would consider it an ugly mask. They just don't realize the difficulty and work that goes into making such a mask. The man didn't seem to think it was ugly though, instantly making Talhar happy with his presence and forgetting all about searching for a quiet spot.

" Hi man, I'm Talhar...Oh it's you Kulde! How's it going? " He asked cheerfully.

Kulde was another member of the Frostfawn, much more experienced hunter than Talhar and a good guy overall.

Question For KuldeIt made sense to me that Talhar & Kulde knew eachother beforehand considering they're both from the Frostfawn hold, but if you want to make it so that they don't, that's fine too. Let me know please. :)
Talhar
Player

Words: 50746
Joined roleplay: April 11th, 2010, 1:29 am
Character sheet

Postby Triniel on November 23rd, 2010, 1:02 am

Kayin made his way to where Te'ran was getting dressed. With a smile as bright as the decorations, Kayin greeted Te'ran with a firm handshake and a slap on the back. "Te'ran, how are you feeling today? Everything still on track is it?" he asked his soon to be brother in law. The ceremony was scheduled to begin soon, and he wanted to make sure that Te'ran was still going to marry his sister. Seeing that the groom didn't seem to be doing so good, he turned to the friends that were assisting Te'ran. "Could we have a moment please?" he asked, as he waited for the friends to give them space. Satisfied that they were out of earshot, Kayin turned to Te'ran. "Listen, I know you may be nervous. As long as you're sure you are doing the right thing, then everything is going to fall right into place. There is no need to be afraid, for you are about to partake in one of the most special ceremonies there is," Kayin soothed, as he smiled at Te'ran.

As he made sure he was dressed, he looked around the room. Everything seemed to be coming along quite well. Looking back at Te'ran, he smiled again. "What can I help you with that still needs to be done?" he asked, as he offered a hand to help the groom up.

Reikanni was bursting with excitement, waiting for the ceremony to start. She couldn't wait to finally be married to Te'ran; she had been waiting for so long already! "Rei, will you sit still?" Daluna huffed, as she tried to finish doing Reikanni's dress up. When she was finished, she moved on to her make up. Daluna made sure Reikanni's eyes popped, so that Te'ran would not be able to take his eyes off of her. "Sorry Daluna, I'm just so excited. Now the day is finally here, and by tonight, I'll be married! Me, married!" Reikanni exclaimed, as she grinned from ear to ear.

I took a couple of chimes, but Daluna was able to finish Reikanni's make up without getting it on the dress. Being a Vantha, Reikanni's hair and eyes popped against her white dress. Looking in the mirror, Reikanni squealed with delight, as she hugged her friend. "Is it time yet?" she half whined, as they waited for the signal to begin the ceremony.

Credit Is Due To Jen For The Lovely Set
Triniel
Avanthal's Princess

Words: 15508
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2010, 1:20 pm
Office
Medals: 2
Power Fork (2)

Postby Cheshire on November 24th, 2010, 11:56 pm

The presence of Kayin calmed Te'ran greatly. The man had been a role model to him for the better part of his life. Just his presence calmed the nervous groom-to-be. "I will be fine Kayin. I am just nervous that is all." The nerves were still bothering Te'ran but he pushed them away. Reikanni was worth it. There was no reason to be so scared. A molten orange drifted through Te'ran's irises. It was impossible for a Vantha to hide their emotions due to their color changing eyes. He looked at Kayin seriously and smiled. "I promise to be everything your sister wants and more." The two men's meet was cut short by the only woman that was allowed in room. Lee'ena Snowsong was standing in the doorway, her eyes glowing a bright green. "Are you guys ready? We need to get this wedding started before the aurora starts to shine." It was customary to start the ceremony before the aurora shined. It was said if the lights appeared when the couple finally kissed it was good luck. Of course it was very rare. The couple would have had to have been very much in Lhex's favor to have everything time togather prefectly.

The shades of the men assembled all shifted as they made their final adjustments to their clothing. It was time, it was really time. The guests would be gathering for the ceremony now. "I'm ready Lee'ena. I've never been more ready for anything in my life." Lee'ena smiled and walked forward. Te'ran walked quickly behind her. He did not want to waste any more time. When the men reached the altar they all took their places, Kayin standing closest to Te'ran. He had been chosen as his best man. It had been an honor that Kayin had accepted.

The men stood stoic with Te'ran as Lee'ena walked off. She was going to let Daluna know the men were ready. She walked briskly, holding her green cloak close around her. When she reached the bride's room she knocked on the door. After a few moments Daluna appeared. "Tell the bride when she is ready we are too."
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Kulde on December 2nd, 2010, 1:36 am

Kulde gave the boy a closer look, he looked like some he knew. Or should know. He couldn't really just ask, he might get annoyed or angry that Kulde had forgotten about his name. It was something from his hold. Roughly the same age as him. Why couldn't he remember his name. He would just have to pretend that he knew him and not use his real name. Ever. But of course, Talhar, remedied that by introducing himself to Kulde. Talhar, Kulde could remember him, a little. Never been out hunting with him, from what Kulde recalled, he was more of a carver. Something Kulde hadn't delved much into.

"Hey Talhar. Everything goes alright." Kulde said with a small smile on his lips. He had actually found someone he could hang out with until the festivities started. That could stave off his boredom and desire to leave the party early. That way he could also get to know Talhar better, perhaps not forget his name 'til next time the two would meet.

"What about you, having fun?"

Kulde
The Cold

Words: 20884
Joined roleplay: October 14th, 2010, 1:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets