Creating a Mixed Blood

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Creating a Mixed Blood

Postby Matthew on February 14th, 2015, 4:23 am

1. It is certainly possible, but I would expect that it would have to be an extremely special case. There is a note about it at the very bottom of the Illusionism article.

2. The Vexation article specifically states that, at the first level of the Gnosis, the user has to directly injure someone via touch. If you had the power to cause such vivid illusions that pain was actually felt, I would think this still wouldn't count as a direct injury. The second level is a bit more flexible, but the wording still seems to specify that it amplifies the pain of existing injuries. However, when it comes to killing, I do not believe it specifies that the kill has to be a specific sort of death. To be honest, it would take quite a lot of time to get both Gnosis up to the level where you could consider this sort of thing. I'd question the two deities even marking the same person.

3. I think it would be very hard for a character to instinctively stumble upon a magic. I think the process of advancing and using Hypnotism is very instinctual, but the idea of getting lucky and just 'figuring it out' seems far-fetched to me. However, I am no expert and some of the more magically-inclined players would be better off answering this.

No need to apologize. Asking questions in the correct forum is certainly a much better option than just taking a guess.

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Creating a Mixed Blood

Postby Xii on February 14th, 2015, 4:35 am

1.) I figured, but I thought I might as well ask. I think I'm coming up with (maybe?) a way to earn starting gnosis, so here's to that.

2.) That makes sense. The idea of Vexation is interesting to me (especially considering being part Zith), but it seems difficult to pull off. That would definitely have to be a secondary gnosis, if I ever decided upon it.

3.) That's okay. Because of the stuff I've been learning, I've been changing my character's backstory around quite a bit. I think I have it now where her mother can teach her Hypnotism as she's growing up. Sorta as a survival technique sort of thing.

Once again, thank you very much! Your help is much appreciated. I feel like I'm bothering people by continuing to ask stuff. But, like you said... guess it's better than getting it wrong.
Xii is using hypnotism
Xii is "speaking Common"
Xii is "speaking Pavi" and also signing Pavi Note
Signed Pavi can also be represented by a person's total body language; it doesn't have to be an actual hand sign.

Xii is demonstrating her internal emotions. Anything in plain, uncolored italics should be considered completely internal; for example, if it says that Xii is sneering she is only doing so in her mind, and the sneer would likely not show as a physical expression unless otherwise stated. This is a way for me, as her writer, to differentiate between her true feelings and what she outwardly shows the world. Note
If the italics thing feels too confusing to me after I've tried using it in some posts, I'll remove it.
Xii
Drykas-Zith

Words: 143088
Joined roleplay: February 13th, 2015, 7:47 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Previous