A Sky Full Of A Thousand Stars (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Tao on December 5th, 2010, 3:27 am

OOCMy apologies for this late reply again. No excuses, really. >_<

The moment Vendaril's head hit the ground, Tao was ashamed to feel all the fear clutching at his chest release, unlocking a catch on his lungs and reminding him to breathe. He sucked in a breath as he watched the Symenestra's body for any movement. There was none; he was entirely unconscious.

Still pressed up against the wall, his mind was racing. What happened now? No matter what Vendaril had done or would have done, he couldn't be left there. Something was not quite right, and he didn't have the expertise to deduce what.

They needed to find a guard, or some other official. Someone who could handle this kind of thing better than an apprentice cook. When he looked to the others, he realised; 'they' was not going to be an option. Haeli had a look of disgust on her face as she looked at Vendaril. He couldn't see Brig's expression past where she stood, but he figured that it would have to be similar.

His fears were confirmed a moment later as Haeli turned back to her possibly Kelvic partner, completely uninterested in anything that was going to happen.

Let whatever wants him have him? Echoed in his mind. It was almost a tempting thought no matter how wrong it was; to turn away from the creature that had threatened to kill him and let nature take its course. But surely that would make him no better than an animal.

He looked at Vendaril, then back at Haeli. She was watching him, not threatening, even inviting, like she was willing to accept his company. She didn't seem to be the malicious sort, dismissing a life not yet lost without reason. Perhaps she saw something that he didn't in Vendaril's fall, or perhaps she didn't understand. He couldn't, didn't know.

“... We should call a guard. He can be treated and saved.” He decided to say, not sure whether that would make her turn her back on him like she did to the Symenestra moments before. “If you don't want to, I will. This is my fault, anyway.”

Tao
Indesicive Stargazer

Words: 114213
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2010, 4:15 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Brig on December 5th, 2010, 5:12 pm

Brig was surer of it now than he’d been before. The long limbed one must have the madness. Like his raccoon cousins, foxes and other wild creatures, humans could surely get it too. Even though this one wasn’t human, he reasoned, it was the only thing the Kelvic could find to the creature’s strange behaviors. The circling and doubling back, the unpredictable tempers, the crazed look in his eyes. And now collapsed in a heap on the ground.

Maybe they’d have been better to let him go off to isolate himself, it was what wild things did when they sensed their time was coming. And others knew to keep their distance, or they’d have it too.

He was constantly aware of Haeli close behind him, her position, her scent, her wants and moods like braided threads insured to be ever constant by their shared connection. The Kelvic dragged his eyes from the sight on the ground and lifted his gaze to hers, and held himself captive in it for a moment. As much as he could feel her sentiments, she could also sense his. The Kelvic was struggling to come to terms with what he was feeling.

Every bit of him knew that if it was Haeli lying there on the ground, madness or no he’d scoop her up without a thought and do what he could. And if it was beyond fixing, he’d curl up with her anyway in hopes that his will alone was enough to keep her with him. And if it wasn’t, then he’d hope to go with her and not be left behind. He’d be compelled by something much more powerful than thinking, logic, or even animal instinct.

Was it only because he was Kelvic? Surely it was in part. But even with Brig’s limited understanding of humanoids and their ways, he wasn’t sure. Wild animals didn’t nurse their own when they fell. They accepted nature's way of things. But hadn’t he watched his mother nurse Laire back from a fever that would have taken her, and never once leave her side? Even without a bond like the one newly forged between him and Haeli, without a connection remotely as compelling or powerful, hadn't he stubbornly laid curled outside the locked door at night, until it was done?

He had no qualms about this though, not the long limbed one curled on the ground. He might be diseased, he might still have it in him to strike out unexpected, to scratch or bite. Brig wouldn’t touch him. And he wouldn’t let Haeli touch him, or stray far from her either. ”I’ll come up,” he said and turned to take her hand, but used the most of his own force to haul himself up on the wall. Then he looked down at Tao and fixed him with a solemn warning in his gaze. ”He might have the madness. If he does, he’ll die. If you get the guards and they might take him away, but you shouldn’t touch him. It's better to keep your distance. If you don’t, you could get it too,” he insisted.
Brig
Natural Born Rascal

Words: 89991
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2010, 2:02 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Ophelia on January 12th, 2011, 11:39 am

Thread Award. <3

EXPERIENCE.

Haeli
‎+2 Observation
‎+1 Intelligence‎

Tao
‎+1 Astrology‎
‎+2 Observation
‎+1 Compassion

Vendaril
‎+2 Observation‎
‎+2 Acrobatics
‎+1 Stealth‎
‎+1 Rhetoric‎

Brig
‎+1 Tracking‎
‎+2 Observation

LORES.

Haeli
‎The Sense of Danger
Brig as an Ally
Forcing the Silence

Tao
Not Being Lost
Trying to Diffuse the Tension
Looking After Sick, Suspicious Symnestra

Vendaril
The Qualities of a Prospective Surrogate
Symenestra are NOT like Humans
Trying to Look Cool Whilst Passing Out

Brig
‎Following Haeli’s Lead
Belonging with Haeli
The Smart Choice in Conflict

ADDITIONAL NOTES.
This thread was such a fun thread to read through, especially for the first one for me to grade! I was upset when it cut off, but good job everyone. If you feel you need anything reviewed, pm me. I want to learn from any mistakes I may have made!

Oh, and sorry the award template is so huge! :D

Don't hesitate to pm me with questions, queries, or anything else!

Love,
Ophelia <3
Ophelia
Just A Fool's Hope

Words: 97802
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2011, 12:40 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous