Introducing Michael from Seattle

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Stye on February 28th, 2015, 11:45 pm

Hello Mizahar. I’m Michael. I live in the Seattle area. I was active on Mizahar a few years ago, but dropped out as life events overtook me. I have over the years played a number of MMORPGs, but always got burned out by all the hack-and-slash, and lack of opportunities to do anything resembling real role playing. And that’s what I’m really looking for: real role playing. Like the old tabletop games, which are still around, but for which I don’t have the time.

The essence of role play is to get inside the head of the character and let him/her gradually reveal who he is, what drives him, and why he does the things he does. It’s like writing a novel (I am a writer). You nearly always start with a character in a situation, and then see where he goes with it. I love it when a character surprises me by absolutely refusing to do what I think he ought to do.

What I like most about Mizahar is that it provides a nice balance between a richly-defined world with rules to provide a consistent experience, and the freedom to do pretty much anything you want to do with your character. Stories are made up of character, plot, setting and voice. All four of these come into play in the world of Mizahar.

I’m starting out this time with a Kelvic. He has some issues. And a purpose. I imagine moving over time from a somewhat naive and generally “good” person, to something much darker. Like a thief. Or a professional assassin. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds. Of course, he might decide he’s just not going that way, in which case I’ll have to imagine him becoming something else. After all, he’s the character, not me.

I’m starting in Riverfall in the Spring of 515. Feel free to look me up.
Stye
We are not so different, you and I.

Words: 21201
Joined roleplay: February 23rd, 2015, 3:25 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Devi on March 2nd, 2015, 11:18 pm

People without issues are no fun. Welcome back Michael :)

(I've said it before, they always come back...)
Devi
Workaholic Syliran Doctor

Words: 223466
Joined roleplay: November 15th, 2014, 7:19 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes