Flashbacks, Mischief and Mayhem in Syliras

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, characters should feel free to post their want-ads looking for new family members, friends, apprentices or teachers. There are stickies that will help you get started and formulate your posts so your needs are clearly stated.

Postby Devi on September 1st, 2015, 6:53 am

Hi everyone,

I have a few flashback ideas that I’d like to post up for Devi. I thought it would be interesting to mix some PCs in there, build up more of a history with the other long-term residents of Syliras.

For obvious reasons it would make sense that any characters in the flashbacks would not have met Devi in the more recent seasons yet. If anyone’s interested in picking up some of these ideas or has any of their own then let me know!

Character Sheet

Character Plotnotes

• Devi’s father’s death - Summer, Day 62, 505AV when Devi was 7 years old. She came home to find her father bled to death in an appropriately morbid drunken stupor.

• Apprenticing to Versin when Devi was young and all through her teenage years. Versin was a middle-aged male house-call doctor that Devi learnt her trade from. Plenty of potential flashbacks here.

• I’ve mentioned in a few threads that Devi went to school but she doesn’t have any specific memories to draw on. It would be handy to have an old schoolfriend to get up to mischief with. Or an old nemesis for pointless and ridiculous reasons.

• During her teen years it would be awesome to have a PC as her first boyfriend and to share her first kiss. It may or may not involve her older brother Ronan getting over-protective.

• Versin’s death. I’ve hinted at it a few times and toyed with some ideas but haven’t set anything in solid stone yet. All I have decided is that Devi feels guilty at the memory of it, that she didn’t or wasn’t able to act to stop it and that the whole thing has given her a little resentment towards the Knighthood for their cold enforcement of the rules. This would have happened sometime between 510 and 513AV.

• This last one’s utterly random but I really want Devi to have at some point made it to the roof of the stronghold in time to watch the sun rise. I would assume this is completely against the Knighthood rules so would involve some creative thinking and no small amount of mischief.
Devi
Workaholic Syliran Doctor

Words: 223466
Joined roleplay: November 15th, 2014, 7:19 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Asher Claveson on September 1st, 2015, 10:28 pm

Heya!

I wouldn't mind helping out with the "seeing the sunset" flashback. Though Asher didn't become a knight, he was a page at one point, and very briefly a squire (like, so brief). Could be helpful to the distraction and scouting needed to make it up there without getting caught.
Speaking in Common|Speaking in Nari|Speaking in Vani
Currently working on 2/3 threads. PM me if you wanna collab.
Asher Claveson
Player

Words: 45153
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2015, 9:42 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Dove Brown on September 1st, 2015, 11:40 pm

Hi.

About Versin's death - Dove went through some events in Stormhold in 512 that's left her wary and uneasy around knights. This could easily be one of them. Maybe work something that combines the two if you're interested?

Dove's younger than Devi, though she looks older than her years, and she's lived all her life in Syliras. Mostly in Mithryn, rather than the Castle.
Very busy at work. May not be around much for a while.
Threads: 3/3

Dove Brown
Keeping my head, my backbone, and my heart

Words: 181194
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2015, 9:36 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Calado Ceann on September 11th, 2015, 3:29 am

Hello!

I'm also very interested in flashbacks with other characters who have only lived in Syliras. Cal lived out in Mithryn, but I don't think it would be unreasonable for Versin to respond to a house call if it was serious enough, or for Cal's parents to send him up to the city for some better schooling so that the two could meet. Also, I'm a sucker for romance plots, so if you still need to find a PC boyfriend for teenage Devi, I'd be happy to fill the roll.

Let me know what you think :)
Calado Ceann
Your Resident Everyman

Words: 11347
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2015, 10:59 am
Character sheet

Postby Orin Fenix on September 11th, 2015, 2:21 pm

Unfortunately, unless I'm your forgotten childhood friend, I don't foresee us being able to thread together in flashbacks. Which is a shame because I love some of these ideas and I also am always interested in exploring Orin's childhood more.

That being said, if you think there's a way to make anything work, I'm more than happy to discuss it with you.
Orin Fenix
Almost Iron But Actually Master Chef

Words: 1186489
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 12:06 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)