Stalked (Crook)

you crook! stop following me!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Citadel of the Dead Queen, Black Rock is the island off of the eastern coast of Falyndar. Mythic and mysterious, few know what truly inhabits it. [Lore]

Stalked (Crook)

Postby Kiana on April 16th, 2015, 10:57 pm

Burning anger was taking her slowly- no, quickly like fire taking a forest. In this case, she was the fire- Crook the forest that was hoping to not burn up. Crook was looking at her like some kind of animal. His grip was tightening on the knife, feet shifting in a way that was making him able to bolt quickly from the scene. If possible, her sneer turned bigger. She felt a shred of power, something which felt good, something like her old self. At the same time, it felt different- wrong, getting power from fear. She knew she wasn't sane, and it was showing now. Power hungry she was, wanting everything to be hers.

A shrill laugh came out once she'd heard Crook's words, eyes lighting up. Crook's voice was scared, and she was wondering why he was still staying. She could respect him slightly for that, standing up in the face of fear. She was a bit surprised by it, too. It was rare that someone had a backbone here- afterall, they lived in Black Rock, one of the safest places on Mizahar. "The one I loved? Dira took him in the end. It was a joke, really. Another plaything for Lhex."

"At least me. I'm on your side. I'm here for you." The words were dripping with honey- too much of it. And there was a bit of innocence in there, too- he was trying to act like he was earlier, thinking the motherly act was real. He was pretending to act like a child, now, with the eyes. He looked ridiculous- perhaps with another face it would've worked, but his face's features just didn't mix in with a child's. He was obviously kissing up, but she decided to humor him anyway, amused with his acting and savouring the fear.

Her eyebrow shot up. "Why? A second ago you were scared the piss out of me, and now you think that this oh so flimsy act will make me in the power of love?" The words were mocking and said in a way that made it sound as if she didn't want an answer, but there was a silence waiting for his. If he decided to dash away, she wouldn't go after him. He would likely tell someone and more rumours would circulate around her, which was good for her in the end.
Kiana
Player

Words: 6070
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2015, 11:30 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Stalked (Crook)

Postby Crook on April 18th, 2015, 4:00 pm

He didn't want to run.

Crook had stayed there long enough to learn bits and pieces, but he still felt a strange itch to know more about the Ethaefal before him. She hissed the names of the Gods- of Dira and Lhex. And yet it seemed that once there had been something she loved, something the Gods had cruelly taken. Her story eluded him, though he so desperately wanted to know it. He could not help but wonder if they were not so different, despite their contrasting appearances and attitudes.

Crook narrowed his eyes at Kiana, squinting to better observe her. Her eyes, alight with the flame of ire, were focused, not on him necessarily, but on her past. He knew she must only be angry at him for bringing it to the forefront of her mind. And yet, she was still too dangerous to stay around.

Stumbling away, Crook felt his legs begin to burn with the anticipation of running.
"I'm not leaving you," The young man called to her as he turned his back, even though he clearly was abandoning her. "I'll be back with help."

And with that, the half-Zith shot off as fast as his legs could carry him. His muscles burned with the effort and his torso began cramping quickly from the strain of heavy breathing. He didn't stop though. It's hard to say if he would have stopped at all, had he not tripped over the small trap he had laid before. The metal clanged beneath his feet as he tumbled to the ground face first, landing in the soft mud of the marsh.

The boy propped himself up and stared, mouth gaping open in shock and anger at the disruption and eyes wide at the sight of an empty trap laying next to his knife, both of which had been nestled into the mud and would likely take some time to retrieve. Stumbling to his feet and brushing himself off, Crook knelt to free his things and return them to his pouch of tracking gear. Staring at his now dirt-caked knife, Crook uttered his second swear of the day.

"Well, petch."
ImageImageImage
Crook
Player

Words: 7851
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2015, 9:30 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Stalked (Crook)

Postby Kiana on April 19th, 2015, 2:15 pm

“I’m not leaving you.” Bullshit! Even as he looked back now, she knew that he wouldn’t. That he had nothing to say, like she said. “I’ll be back with help.” She laughed, the laugh high and sounding as if she was insane. And that she was. The boy shot off like an arrow, relief or satisfaction setting in- she didn’t know which. Realizing how tightly she was gripping the trident, she loosened her grip, though she had the urge to keep holding tightly to it. She turned back to the water, seeing the fish move peacefully by, as if nothing happened at all.

These were one of the reasons why she loved fishing- she could stab the fish, and the fish would do nothing about it. She thought this as she went back fishing, stabbing the fish with an anger that couldn’t be matched. People steered clear off of her radar, noticing the way Ki was stabbing the fish. They didn’t want to be on the other end of the trident, afterall..

The day went on, with the sun soon coming out shortly after Crook’s disruption, as if Syna was watching and approved of the boy. Kiana doubted Syna was even watching her, however.

OOC: You can submit this for grading, if you want! Sorry to whoever is grading this if my posts are incredibly boring, etc.
Kiana
Player

Words: 6070
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2015, 11:30 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Stalked (Crook)

Postby Traverse on May 8th, 2015, 11:37 am

Crook

Experience:

• Hunting 1
  • Interrogation 2
  • Observation 3
  • Running 1
  • Socialization 4
  • Tracking 1

Lores:

• The Black Marsh: Containing Many Dangers
  • Kiana: The Ethaefal
  • Kiana: At First Motherly, then Fierce, and Cold
  • Tridents: Can Be Used For Fishing

Kiana

Experience:

• Acting 1
  • Fishing 2
  • Intimidation 1
  • Observation 3
  • Rhetoric 1
  • Socialization 4
  • Trident 1

Lores:

• Fishing Technique: Remembering Water is Deceptive, Aim Lower
  • Crook: A Strangely Pale Boy
  • Crook: Disgustingly Innocent

Additional Notes :
I rather enjoyed this thread. A lot of socialization threads are pretty amiable so I liked the conflict between these guys here. Crook I know we've had PMs before about jobs, but Kiana if you're looking to be a fisherwoman let me know and I can get you an SS thread with that, get you all squared away. Crook same goes for you if you need any job help, I cannot quite recall where our PMs left off, but the only thing I wouldn't be able to aid with is business plans, which if i'm remembering correctly, you mentioned. Anyway liked the thread guys, I'll be interested in seeing if these two meet up again!

Safe Travels!

-Traverse

Questions, concerns, or complaints about this grade? Drop me a PM and we will get to the bottom of it :)
c
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous