Closed A Shared Loss {Kaik}

Lisana goes to the animation studio-- only to find that it's gone.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

A Shared Loss {Kaik}

Postby Lisana on April 10th, 2015, 2:31 am

When they began to threaten Kaik, Lisana almost intervened, but at the same time, she had no idea what she'd be dealing with. She continued to stay hidden, watching the events unfold.

One of them snatched Oliver, and threatened to slit the doll's throat. Heh, petcher, you can't kill the doll. Although, you might damage him a bit. This led to another thought of intervening, mostly to preserve the beautiful craftsmanship. But the girl managed to resist, instead continuing to watch.

The moment Kaik told Oliver to stab the goo, Lisana let out a slight yelp. She wanted to look away, but couldn't, instead looking on in horror. The awkward man who'd stuttered and shied away from her moments before was suddenly far more vicious.

Blood poured down the man's leg, and Lisana watched, terrifyingly mesmerized as Kaik began to threaten him with a knife. The fellow animator threatened something, which seemed like he was saying he'd kill the man, although it was hard to tell from so far away what he was saying.

Liz hoped he wasn't serious, and was relieved, yet still concerned, when Kaik simply beat him up, resulting in unconsciousness, rather than death. The other two men had long since ran away, although the man the three goons had attacked remained on the ground.

Kaik returned to his friend's side, suddenly no longer vicious, and rather far quieter. Liz figured it would be a reasonable time for her to step out of hiding, although she hesitated, a bit scared at what the man she'd just met had done. Although the girl had just met him, Lisana had made a bit of a concept as to his personality, and this opposed almost all of it. He'd come across as an awkward, quiet, stuttering, person. But what she'd just witnessed opposed all of that. He;d suddenly turned vicious, mean, and so sure of himself.

Lisana stepped out of hiding, approaching the man from behind. "Um... K-Kaik?"
I make mediocre boxcodes for people here.
Otaia|Anthere|Lisana
3/5 Threads
Lisana
Player

Words: 66239
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2014, 11:45 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A Shared Loss {Kaik}

Postby Kaik Leyr on April 11th, 2015, 8:39 pm

Despite being shaken Perrin did not wake from his unconscious state.

I’m sorry Perrin. I couldn’t stop this.

Kaik threw down the knife he had picked up before in frustration. Standing beside Perrin, Kaik looked at his right arm etched with markings.

Ellen...is this what I am? A murderer? Somebody who can’t protect the people he cares for?

A familiar voice called out from behind him. He whirled around with his dagger still in hand. For a chime Kaik did not say a word. In a hushed voice he said, “Why are yo-...did you follow me? What did you see?”

Kaik looked toward the body of the leader with hate.

Will he bleed to death? Should I even help him? No...no he can go rot in this place.

He looked back up at his fellow Animator. “Could...could you forget what you saw? It won’t do you anyone good if you remember this,” Kaik looked away from the girl, “it’d be...better...if we both just avoid each other from now on.” He sheathed his dagger. “Why did you have to follow?...why?”

I had hoped to become friends, but-...even though we-

“I-...I guess even though we may be both be Animators we’re...far too different. I...was glad to have met you, Lisana.” He said almost in a whisper as he turned his back to her.

The doll maker picked up Perrin and placed him on his back with moderate difficulty.

Shame I couldn’t get the dolls to help. He might be too heavy for them. This is gonna be a long walk.

Arya followed closely behind Kaik while Oliver walked to the side of him. Before he reached the exit he turned his head back toward Lisana, “You can take care of that man...if you want. I’d...rather you just leave him. Sorry...to have let you seen all that. Goodbye.”

Boxcode by Yra
Kaik Leyr
The Doll Animator

Words: 180721
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2014, 12:01 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

A Shared Loss {Kaik}

Postby Lisana on April 13th, 2015, 2:06 pm

Kaik began to ramble on, suddenly awkward and stuttering. Lisana subdued her terror, figuring that she'd don't nothing to provoke her newfound acquaintance. She made an effort to calm him down, but couldn't find a way to say anything in the midst of Kaik's wave of horrified rambling.

"I-- I followed you because," Lisana hesitated, desperately fishing for a reason. "B-because something violent seemed to be going on, and... well, just in case someone... just in case someone needed help," the girl blurted, stuttering. In all reality, she'd just been driven by sheer curiosity.

He seems to have done it to protect someone he cared about. Lisana thought, still unsure. There's-- nothing shameful in that. I think. I mean he had been a bit violent, but for what he'd thought was good reason.

Liz was silent, unsure of herself, and terrified, but held a certain level of sympathy for her newfound friend. "W- Kaik, wait!"

The girl ran, catching up with him. She grabbed his sleeve, trying to find a way to comfort him. "You... you did it be-because-- because someone you cared about was getting hurt," the girl gestured to the man on Kaik's back. "There's nothing wrong with that."

Kaik seemed to be terrified of what he'd done, although not terrified enough to help the man he'd hurt.

Lisana had wanted to be his friend too, and knew there were far worse people than someone who protects a friend. A bit violently, but it was for good reason.
Otaia|Anthere|Lisana
3/5 Threads
Lisana
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A Shared Loss {Kaik}

Postby Kaik Leyr on April 14th, 2015, 12:00 am

Heh...’needed help’...what could you have done? What would you have done? It was probably better you didn’t do anything anyways.

There was much Kaik wanted to say but he simply said, “Yeah...you could’ve gotten yourself killed, but...well...that’s a nice motivation to have...to help others.”

Having said his farewell Kaik pushed forward toward the exit with a heaven burden on his back.

Don’t worry Perrin. I’m getting you home...safely. How odd...from saving my teacher to helping a student.

Before he could take another step Lisana had called out to him and in accordance stopped. Kaik kept his head forward scared to hear what her words would entail. As if to keep him from moving forward the girl grabbed his sleeve. He turned his head and listened to her words of comfort. The words did not change his perspective on the matter, but it did make him feel better to know Lisana did not think of him as a monster.

“Thanks. Maybe you’re right...still...what I did...didn’t you see all of that? I wanted to kill them...that was no bluff. I wanted to protect him...but I couldn’t even manage that, just look at him. That man on the ground...he could die and I wouldn’t care,” he gave a deep sigh, “maybe somethings wrong with me?”

Throughout the time Lisana had confronted in the alleyway the not so subtle stuttering of her voice was clear to Kaik.

Is she scared? Of course she is...she may say otherwise but...after all that? Who’d want to put their trust in me?

“You’re scared...aren’t you? Of me? Isn’t that why you’ve been stuttering? Anyway...I guess you have a choice right now...you could just ignore that man on the ground and leave him to bleed or help him...you could help me carry Perrin home...you could also just leave and pretend nothing happened today...you have a lot of choices…” Before Lisana could answer Kaik had already started to walk forcing her to let go of his sleeve.

Boxcode by Yra
Kaik Leyr
The Doll Animator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

A Shared Loss {Kaik}

Postby Lisana on April 17th, 2015, 1:44 pm

"They wouldn't have a reason to kill me," Lisana replied, "but I guess I should've been a bit more careful."

"Sure, you wanted to kill him, but you wanted to kill him to protect your friend," Lisana explained. "And because you-- couldn't... couldn't protect your friend, you're still mad at them." Lisana wasn't sure what she was saying, but was trying to find a way to calm down her fellow animator, although rephrasing what she'd already said, repeating herself. "I mean-- you were mad at that man for injuring your friend. I mean, of course you wanted to hurt him, he hurt someone you cared about. I don't think there's anything wrong with you." The girl wasn't sure if she was being honest or not, as she was unsure how she felt. Sure, Kaik had been a bit too violent, but Liz tried to conceal the thought.

"I'm not scared of you," Lisana said, "You'd have no reason to hurt me." Kaik had been provoked by the goons, and Liz hadn't done anything wrong to anger him. "But if you need me to, I'll help you out with Perrin." The girl was under the assumption that someone else would help the man on the ground, and Lisana didn't want to get on Kaik's bad side. After all, the girl thought to herself, he tried to kill someone else. It's only fair. The girl convinced herself of this, and continued to walk alongside the man. "You're not a monster," she added, although it was redundant.
Otaia|Anthere|Lisana
3/5 Threads
Lisana
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A Shared Loss {Kaik}

Postby Kaik Leyr on April 18th, 2015, 3:16 pm

You need a reason to kill people? People just act on their emotions without a thought. Acting on emotion doesn’t seem like a reason.

The girl’s words told Kaik that his actions were justified, however no matter how much she said Kaik felt he had been in the wrong. He did not regret the actions he took, but he still questioned the morality of his choice.

“Killing-...it-...it’s still the same no matter if it’s to protect. Murder is still murder. It’s not like me or that man is in the right or wrong. I don’t know why he was angry at Perrin. Maybe he did something deserving such hate.” As the conversation continued Kaik rubbed the silver ring on his left hand excessively.

You aren’t scared? Wouldn’t a person normally be scared? And again with ‘no reason’ to hurt. I wonder...what would happen if I actually killed him? There’d certainly be plenty of reasons for me to hurt her or worse.

“Hmm...yeah, thanks...I’d appreciate the help with Perrin.”

So I guess we’re just gonna leave him? Placing the problem in another person’s hand?

They soon arrived at the exit of the alleyway with the sun still high in the sky. Lisana's last comment echoed in his mind.

“I guess you’re right...I’m not a monster...just a human.”

The streets of Lhavit were moderately empty with the local stores and stalls still prepping for later in the day.

“We have a while till we’ll reach his house. Um...hope you don’t mind carrying him when we get halfway there. I don’t think I’ll manage it on my own.”

Boxcode by Yra
Kaik Leyr
The Doll Animator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

A Shared Loss {Kaik}

Postby Lisana on April 20th, 2015, 3:38 am

Lisana sighed. "Well, I'm not going to convince you, but that's how I feel." Kaik was fidgeting, but Liz made an effort to ignore it, as it was understandable for him to do so. The girl hadn't noticed the ring on his finger, or the tattoo on his hand, but didn't bother to ask of their origin. Although, the tattoo was quite pretty.

"No problem," Lisana replied. She didn't mind helping, and had nothing better to do. She gave a slight nod, although didn't say anything, to Kaik's "just human" statement.

"Yeah, I can carry him if you need me to." Or, at least, try to carry him, she thought to herself. She wasn't very strong, but she could make an effort.

Liz figured they came across as a strange group, a girl and a man, one of which was carrying an unconscious man. Luckily, they stuck to less busy streets, and the few people they passed gave them little more than strange looks. The girl was thankful for this, as attention wasn't something she wanted.

They walked in silence, awkward and tense. The lack of conversation was giving Lisana far too much time to think. Her mind began to wander to unrealistic thoughts pertaining to how threatening Kaik could be. What if he was some crazy killer?

Petch, Liz, he's not gonna kill you, Lisana interrupted her own stream of thought. The lack of conversation left a gaping hole that finally grew unbearable, and the girl abruptly began a conversation, unsure what else to do. "So... how did you meet... um... was it Perrin?" Liz blushed with embarrassment at not being able to recall a name she'd been told just a few chimes ago. Personally, she didn't really care how the two had met, but it would be a relief for her thoughts to be directed somewhere else.
Otaia|Anthere|Lisana
3/5 Threads
Lisana
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A Shared Loss {Kaik}

Postby Kaik Leyr on April 21st, 2015, 11:55 pm

That’s good. She’ll help. It’d be better if Perrin woke up though.

The silence between the himself and Lisana was welcomed as it allowed him to think about what had happened.

This is gonna come haunt me won’t it? Just like what happened in the cemetery. Will things just keep getting worse?

In the middle of a thought Kaik felt an odd sense of being watched. He looked around him noticing people’s gazes turn another way when he caught their vision.

Do we really look that odd? A couple of kids, a man and women, along with an unconscious man. It can’t be that weird.

Not paying any concern with what others though Kaik continued walking looking for any familiar landmarks.

Perrin lives in the Tenten peak, I think. The bridge should be somewhere over there.

Kaik looked into the distance to where he was sure the skyglass bridge was. Suddenly Lisana spoke up with blushed cheeks. “Um...Yes, that’s his name. Did I not tell you? Er...I guess I taught him a few things in the studio a while ago. He’s- well I at least think he’s got a lot of potential.”

As their conversation continued they arrived at the walkway connecting the two peaks. The various colors flashed before Kaik’s eyes as he focused on the carvings made on them. Even though he was born in Lhavit he still admired the carvings as if he had just seen them. Forcing himself to keep moving he offered Lisana an apology, “Sorry for just stopping like that.”

After holding Perrin for a considerable time Kaik’s arms began to fail him. With what strength he had left he moved to the side of the street to put his student down.

Perrin opened his eyes and just stared at Kaik in confusion, “Kaik? Why was I-...oh.” Another chime passed while he simply stared at the ground in shame.
“Perrin, it’s-...fine. Let’s just get you home,” Kaik said in a friendly voice.
“No. You can’t...after all that are you okay?”
“I’m okay. Um...are you sure we can’t-”
“I said no, Kaik. I owe you too much. Really, I’ll be fine just going home. Just some bruises, nothing more.” Perrin glanced around and noticed both Lisana and the “children”. “Who are they?”
“Those two,” Kaik pointed to his dolls, “are my golems. And she’s-” He waited for Lisana to respond.

Boxcode by Yra
Kaik Leyr
The Doll Animator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

A Shared Loss {Kaik}

Postby Lisana on April 23rd, 2015, 1:02 pm

Lisana made an effort to correct Kaik. "Oh, no, you told me his name," she replied, "I'm just bad with names." The girl listened to what the man had to say, but there was no real source of conversation. She nodded, before once again growing quiet.

Kaik paused for a moment, seeming to admire the bridge they were about to cross. Or maybe he was just growing tired. Either way, he apologized, before hurrying on. "It's quite alright," Lisana said, not seeing anything wrong with pausing to enjoy a view.

They continued on in silence once more. It was evident Kaik was growing tired, and Lisana was about to speak up, before the man set Perrin down. As if by coincidence, Perrin woke up, a few moments of confusion before conversation ensued between the two men.

It took Liz a second before she realized she was supposed to speak up. "Oh, um, I'm-- I'm Lisana." unsure if she should continue, or explain her presence, the girl simply gave Perrin a gentle question, more as a formality than anything. "Are you sure you don't need someone to help you get home?"
Otaia|Anthere|Lisana
3/5 Threads
Lisana
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A Shared Loss {Kaik}

Postby Kaik Leyr on April 25th, 2015, 3:38 am

OOCWell, Kaik is being quite negative. At least this has not become some boring social thread (I think). A little bit of action and now some drama.

Using the nearby wall Perrin pushed himself up from the ground. “I see.” He took a tentative step forward, “Yes, like I said before I’ll be fine.”
“Okay...then I guess this is goodbye?” Kaik said.
“Yeah. Things certainly have gone to shyke haven’t they?” Perrin said now standing in front of Kaik. Kaik simply hummed in agreement. “The studio burning down, those petching people, and now Maeki is gone.”
“What? What do you mean she’s gone?” Kaik said moving closer to Perrin.
“You haven’t heard?”
“No. Tell me.”
“Maeki went missing, nobody knows if she was taken or if she disappeared willingly. All she left behind was a note that said: ‘I am gone, but I am here.’”

A torrent of mixed emotions hit him in a single moment. He stared at the ground unsure of what to make of the feelings he had. “I-I...I uh...need to leave. Take care, Perrin, Lisana.” Quickly he left the two alone while Arya and Oliver followed closely behind him.
“Hey? Kaik!” Without any reason to give chase Perrin began to walk home.

Lost in thought there was no destination the young Animator had in mind.

Why did she do that? Why? What happened? I don’t understand. Is she safe? And what the petch was with that message?

His steps began to hasten as he took a sharp right into another alleyway. The light of day seemed to be cut off from him as he entered. “Petch...petch petch...petch!” What began as a whisper turned into a yell stopping when he punched the wall with his right fist. Pain took over his hand, but he continued to drive his hand into the wall till it was bloody.

His right arm began to tremble as the blood trickled down his fists. The dollmaker began to mumble to himself.

“What am I supposed to feel? Why do I feel like this? I thought...to have a home. But...again it all just gets destroyed. I hate this. I hate it all.”

Gripping his right hand he walked slowly toward the exit of the alleway.

Boxcode by Yra
Kaik Leyr
The Doll Animator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

PreviousNext