Seeking plots and future family members!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, characters should feel free to post their want-ads looking for new family members, friends, apprentices or teachers. There are stickies that will help you get started and formulate your posts so your needs are clearly stated.

Postby Rionach Stormhand on April 6th, 2015, 5:40 am

Hello, all! My character Rionach Stormhand of the Amethyst Clan needs plots and possibly family members!

Her detailed history is in her character sheet, but here’s a rundown: Three months ago, she came home from a hunting trip to find her adult male family members dead (father, husband, and two half-brothers) and her female family members missing (her mother, stepmother, and two sisters-in-law). Her seven nieces and nephews are also missing, and she’s assumed that they all got taken by slavers.

Buuuuuut I’m leaving it open as to how many people survived, where they are, and whether they got sold into slavery as she thinks or if something soap-opera crazy happened. Her mother and stepmother are in their fifties to sixties, her sisters-in-law are in their mid/late-thirties, and among her nieces and nephews, the oldest boy is fifteen while the youngest child is probably around five or six. None of them are named, so if you want to be a family member, just match up their character sheets with Rionach’s and you’re good!

She wears two significant pieces of jewelry: Her glassbeak-scale necklace (with a matching piece of jewelry on her Strider’s yvas) and her husband’s turquoise bracelet. Someone among the Drykas might recognize either piece, especially those in the Sapphire or Amethyst clans.

Here's three main plots for her, but they definitely aren't the only ones.

Birth Family: She's from the Amethyst Clan, and her family are the Stormhands. The adult males (father, two half-brothers) are dead. The adult females (mother, stepmother, two sisters-in-law) and 7 nieces/nephews are missing.

Husband's family: Married into the Sapphire Clan; no particular surnames. Her husband Lorcan is dead, and her in-laws would likely think Rionach is dead or captured as well. But maybe her Ankal or another Webber would realize that she's actually alive due to her place in their family's web. I don't think they'd intentionally leave a family member to wander around in a grief-filled stupor, so I'd actually love if her in-laws somehow found Rionach.

Unrelated: As the roleplayer, I'm up for basically anything, but those who want to plan romance in particular will have to keep in mind that Rionach’s lost her family including her husband, and is grieving as such. Currently she’s not eating properly, so her clothes aren’t fitting anymore, and she’s given up on everything but basic hygiene. Anyone who knew her in the backstory needs to acknowledge that she’s not the sexy huntress with curves at the moment, in appearance or personality.

Also, she's not talking unless it's absolutely necessary, except to her Strider stallion Wind. In her character sheet, I state that people tend to think she’s crazy or at least unsociable due to her lack of talking, so I'm pretty sure most people just let her blend into the background most of the time. Unless they're good at reading body-language or have the experience that a woman who's barely eating or talking has probably undergone major emotional trauma, they probably wouldn't walk up and instantly go "Oh no, you've suffered a horrible loss! What happened?"

Alternately, they'd be HORRIBLE at reading body-language and constantly follow her around or pester her with questions! That's always fun and it may actually get her back into her once-prideful nature, if only to snap at them to leave her alone. :D

Definitely open for lots of ways that someone could help her process her grief.
Rionach Stormhand
Player

Words: 6547
Joined roleplay: April 5th, 2015, 9:13 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Alexander Ross on April 7th, 2015, 4:52 pm

I'm not exactly sure if I can get Alexander involved in this. If you'd like, you can check my CS to see if it's okay. If it doesn't work out, I could always make another character. :)
"I've never failed anyone, because there isn't anyone in my life who I can make proud."
Alexander Ross
Tell me, how does the end of my blade taste?

Words: 109201
Joined roleplay: November 5th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rionach Stormhand on April 8th, 2015, 2:57 am

I'm up for anything, man! It would be interesting to see how we manage to get two people who don't talk for vastly different reasons to interact with each other.

Rionach totally wouldn't stand for his anger issues, since he's a teenager and she's most likely his height or taller. "YELL AT ME AGAIN, BOY. I HAD SEVEN NIECES AND NEPHEWS."
Rionach Stormhand
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Alexander Ross on April 8th, 2015, 1:49 pm

Lol. Alexander doesn't exactly have anger issues like he used to. He basically ended up bottling it all up, so now he has trouble understanding and showing his own emotions. I'm also going to need to talk to someone about changing his race. Just don't expect him to have a love for peircings, tatoos and long hair. XD
"I've never failed anyone, because there isn't anyone in my life who I can make proud."
Alexander Ross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alexander Ross on April 8th, 2015, 2:01 pm

Or instead of changing his race, maybe just an adoption or something?
Alexander Ross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rionach Stormhand on April 8th, 2015, 4:20 pm

He doesn't need to be related. He can meet up with her in Syliras somehow and become an acquaintance or friend. I have an "unrelated" section in the post.
Rionach Stormhand
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Alexander Ross on April 8th, 2015, 8:07 pm

Sounds like a plan! ^_^
Alexander Ross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tanna on April 11th, 2015, 11:43 am

Hey!

I mentioned this in your intro thread but I have Tanna here who is also of the Amethyst clan! I have yet to finish up her sheet, though, so I will fill you in on Tanna's history here and hopefully we can work out some form of relationship with them :)

Unlike Rionach, Tanna's family, the Sweetwaters, were poor and had fallen on very hard times due to what is believed to be a curse and were dwindling in number. With the fairly recent passing of who is believed to be the cursed member (~complicated), they managed to broker an agreement with another more prominent family, resulting in the two combining and the remaining Sweetwaters taking their new family's name. Now, this is when I said Tanna requested permission to leave so she might venture out to both sate her own adventurous spirit and track down her father - a non-Drykas born man from Sylira (I have yet to pin him down anywhere but Syliras is a 'stop-over' of sorts).

So! As of now I've dubbed this other family the Braidedmanes (since it's the name of one of the listed npcs from the Amethyst clan) but I'm very open to saying it was the Stormhands if they might be benevolent enough to do such a thing. I'm still toying with Tanna's timeline so I'm very open to when this actually happened. In fact, I'm thinking it could have been during this past Winter season or even the Fall, which would mean whomever Tanna left behind is now dead/kidnapped and she is none-the-wiser (insert sad face).

Even if we don't go this route, I'm figuring Rio and Tanna (then Dwyn) would be familiar since they are, at the very least, of the same clan. Given Rio's personality and the fact that they are only a year apart, Id love for them to get along. Perhaps a chance meeting in Syliras proper before Rio continued North towards the Evantide Outpost? I'm up for anything!!

Sorry this is wordy and long and if it makes little sense. I am very rusty but very excited to get back into writing and plotting.
Tanna
words & whims

Words: 114416
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2015, 12:25 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Rionach Stormhand on April 11th, 2015, 11:41 pm

That sounds like an awesome family history! I'm not sure whether Rionach's family would be involved with hers (but I'm definitely up for it!). However, she DOES have in-laws with no set surnames and it's very likely that she'd have at least one uncle/aunt or in-law who would have helped out the Sweetwaters, since they're in the same clan. Perhaps they weren't directly hurt by the family's decimation, but finding your relative's home ransacked and empty of people would still be pretty traumatic.

If nothing else, Tanna and Rionach would definitely know each other as fellow clan members of similar age! Maybe Tanna remembers Rionach as one of the most sought-after young women in the Amethyst Clan and barely recognizes her now that she's a traumatized wreck in Syliras? TEH DRAMA.
Rionach Stormhand
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Tanna on April 12th, 2015, 10:35 pm

I totally understand if it isn't something they would do - just thought I'd offer it up as a suggestion. I'm happy with there being some loose familial ties and them being acquainted well enough through the Amethyst clan c:

Mind if I shoot you a pm?
Tanna
words & whims

Words: 114416
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2015, 12:25 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next