[Naiya's Scrapbook] Room to Grow

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Naiya on April 9th, 2015, 4:10 pm

Quickly I am finding I have need of more and more room to keep things. I imagine I feel like a goldfish that has been given a forty gallon tank all to itself. So with that in mind I'm making this thread to help me keep track of all the things I've got going on.
Naiya
Player

Words: 766506
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2013, 5:11 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Naiya on April 9th, 2015, 4:14 pm

Quick Links for Easy Access
Zibri Information
Last edited by Naiya on April 9th, 2015, 6:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Naiya
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Naiya on April 9th, 2015, 6:14 pm

Reference information for Zibri

Highland Cattle:
Breed
Breeding, calving, milk
Calving
and
Bison

My Personal Collection of Information towards Breeding:

A fine Zibri Bull
Appearance:
A large, busy forelock is desirable, keeping their eyes safe from things that might otherwise cause infection.
Bull horns should square from the head and flat, not tilting up or down, instead extending out in front of their head.
Cow Horse should curve, growing up over the head rather than in front of it.
There are a few common colors:
Red, Dun (grayish or mouse colored), Brindle (mixed red and black, or dun and white), Silver (white hair with black skin beneath), White (white hair with pinkish skin beneath), Black, Yellow. The most common of these are red and yellow.
At the shoulder they range between 3-3.5 feet (or 9 to 11 hands) tall.

Temperment:
Generally an even-tempered animal - bulls as well as cows.
They can be halter trained as easily as any other breed [of cattle], even more so because of their superior intelligence. They definitely have a "pecking" order. Each member of the fold will recognize and respect the herd boss.
Docile and low stress

Breed and Breeding:
They live longer and produce more calves than other breeds. They are low matinence, not prone to sickness, and eat the greens that most other animals pass over. Easy to calve, they will breed up to twenty years of age. The calves are weaned from their mothers between six and eight months old, allowing the cow to get back into condition for her next calf. The gestation period is nine months and cows may be expected to have a calf each year.

Can breed at any time during the year, 9-9.5 month gestation, ideal breeding between June and August. Best to wait until 2 years to breed Females, Males can sire as early as 1 year, but are not fully mature until 4. None of the Zibri are full grown until closer to 2-3 years.
Naiya
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Naiya on April 17th, 2015, 2:15 am

Barefoot horses. The most likely way that the Drykas care for their horses, though I have to look at the information and see if it would be applicable in the grasses, or if there would be a farrier.
Naiya
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Naiya on April 19th, 2015, 3:09 pm

Foods of the Various Cities, By my approximation:

Sunberth: I would imagine all sorts of cattle would thrive in a ranch near the ocean. Perhaps goats? Peanuts, soybeans, and tobacco will grow well. Peaches. Nearby wetlands, if they exist, would produce honey, perhaps rice, sugar. Your main protein source would be fish, clam, muscles, etc.
Naiya
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Naiya on November 14th, 2015, 5:37 pm

1 goat makes 3 quarts of milk per day, 270 quarts per season, and 900 quarts per year, 225 gallons.

12 Goats would produce 9 gallons of milk a day, 810 gallons in a 90 day season, and 2,700 gallons per year.

Three Quarters is processed into milk product.

675 gallons.

1 Zibri will produce 5-6 gallons of milk per day, and 450-540 gallons in a 90 day season, and 1,500-1,800 gallons per year.

45 zibri would give between 67,500 and 81,000 gallons a year.

Half is processed into milk product.

33,750-40,500 gallons.
Naiya
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes