Wind Reach, Wind Eagles, and Morphers! Oh My!!!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Aden Bentham on May 26th, 2015, 1:33 am

So this question is pretty basic but I haven't been able to find a concrete answer so I'm hoping that someone will have some information for me. I was planning to start my character in Wind Reach as an Inarta morpher and I was going to try and have the Wind Eagle be one of their models. Ignoring the fact that, for the moment, a full body increased mass transformation would be beyond the capacities of a starting character; I was wondering if the Inarta would take a dim view of someone morphing into a wind eagle given their unique link with them. I'm leaning towards the idea that it would probably be borderline sacrilegious but wanted some confirmation on the subject for future planning and general reference.
Aden Bentham
Player

Words: 284
Joined roleplay: May 25th, 2015, 3:07 pm
Race: Human

Postby Verilian on May 26th, 2015, 10:16 am

Assuming that you actually had the skill to transform into a Wind Eagle, I think that the Inarta would not be very approving, nor would the Wind Eagles themselves. You could probably sneak by the Inarta, if nobody saw you morph, but you wouldn't have the telepathic capabilities that other Wind Eagles have, and unless the transformation was perfect, I imagine that the Wind Eagles could tell you were a fake. If that were the case, I'm pretty sure they would kill you outright, whether the Inarta know what's happening or not.

I'd think that most of the Inarta would not like it either, and might try to put you to death as well. So.. if you do this in Wind Reach, beware.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Aden Bentham on May 26th, 2015, 1:47 pm

Thank you very much! I thought as much but its nice to have confirmation!
Aden Bentham
Player

Words: 284
Joined roleplay: May 25th, 2015, 3:07 pm
Race: Human