Minding Business

Lashander goes looking for someone... at the bottom of a cup

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Minding Business

Postby Kalla Whitevine on July 9th, 2015, 9:32 pm

Kalla raised her brows at Lash's words on Rhysol. Of course she understood deities wanting their cities to be well off, after all Morwen was the queen of Avanthal, but it still surprised her to hear anyone call a god who seemed more chaotically aligned to be a 'protector'. Though, if she was fair, enough people probably had misconceptions about Morwen. So perhaps it was just a matter of, as he had said, her being an outsider and not understanding.

Just as with people, all gods had to have some good inside of them. So perhaps that was the case with Rhysol.

She nodded then with a smile, "I think I understand. He is...more layered than appearances seem?" At the suggestion she sit down, she did, looking over the side of the boat into the water. While she kept picturing herself somehow falling in, she had to admit, it was nice being close to a large lake that wasn't frozen. "You know," she started to say, mostly seeming to be thinking aloud, and sits back up and moving as far from the edge of the boat as possible, a distrustful look still in her eye along with some silver finding its way back to her iris. "Besides the fact it's liquid, it almost reminds me of Mirror Lake back home....unless...do strange fish live in the water?" She looked to Lash curiously, tilting her head at that, though was soon distracted by there seemed to be more than one Rasolava heading in the same direction. When there was no collision, she let out a puff of air, relaxing, even if there was still an argument going on. Better than sinking.

"Overzealous...," she repeated, looking to him blankly some moments before shrugging. It probably meant something being...too much, maybe. Either way, it didn't sound particularly good. "Well, if that's the case, I suppose I understand. But...it's not as if someone in your situation would have swooped in by them? So helping with small things...I still can't see why that would be so bad..."

Kallalyn frowned a bit, her brows knitting together as she once more took to study Lash's eyes. No change. Yet she still thought something was strange in his tone... The only problem being, she couldn't be certain without any eye color changing. She shifted in her seat for a moment, only to end up sighing. It was better not to ask. She could be wrong.

Though as he started to explain the reason for the two sides of the canal looking different, her gaze would go between both sides curiously, clearly comparing them. "Are you a...rich people or poor people?," she asked, focusing on Lash again. The Vantha looks him over for a moment, thinking, before focusing back on his face. "And what counts as fine wares here exactly? I haven't really wandered too much into the richer section yet."
Kalla Whitevine
Child of the Aurora and Winter

Words: 29360
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2015, 12:02 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Previous