Endrykas NPC/Pavilion's

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Endrykas NPC/Pavilion's

Postby Edwyn Garetson on June 29th, 2015, 6:57 pm

Quick question regarding Pavilion member's and their use in threads. NPC's in general require a HD ticket for use in threads being either stationary or travelling companions and come with a basic ruleset. And my question concerns the use and limitation of pavilion members in threads.

1. Are Pavilion member's considered Stationary or Traveling Companions? If neither then what would they be?

2. If they are stationary are they then limited to 50 SP?

3.What are their limitations in thread use?
ex. Teviik goes on a hunting trip with his brother in the sea of grass. Does this need ST attention or is a solo doable.
Edwyn Garetson
Player

Words: 4532
Joined roleplay: December 3rd, 2014, 8:19 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Endrykas NPC/Pavilion's

Postby Tribal on June 29th, 2015, 7:10 pm

I'm on my phone atm so I can't give you the long version of this answer, but.

Most seem to consider their pavilion members stationary, Endrykas is a little more flexible because it is a moving city so at season's change there is no problem RPing the pavilion as being on the move to the next campsite, be it spring, summer, fall, or winter (see map).

Personally I pay IC expenses for two of the members in my PCs pavilion so that they can move around with him wherever he goes. Stationary NPCs are fine also but more restricted in the way that they can't go hunting with you.

Check out the "in the web" link at the top of the Endrykas RP forum where people have created their own NPCs that anyone can use. We put teachers, fighters, pavilion leaders, and work associated NPCs here mostly that can have over 50 skill points.

Unturnatively if you need a one off interaction, say for example a blacksmith to teach your PC some black smithing, you can PM me and I will happily play the part if you do not prefer self-moderated threads. Let me know if I haven't been clear enough with my answers here.

I suggest stalking some player CSs to see how they have done it or requesting to join an existing pavilion is also an option. Not all of the them are listed.
Tribal
Lost in the Tall Grass

Words: 242363
Joined roleplay: June 28th, 2015, 11:43 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes

Endrykas NPC/Pavilion's

Postby Tribal on June 29th, 2015, 7:24 pm

If your concern is whether or not you will be able to support an NPC, you can pay the 5 GM for the first season and increase it after that once your character has a solid income (wage). You can't support an NPC for more than one season on these kind of expenses however because they would likely become sick and possibly even pass away (they are practically beggars).

Even most slaves are supported on about 45GM a season, but just while you're finding your feet I have no problem with such a low expense for one season.
Tribal
Lost in the Tall Grass

Office
Plotnotes

Endrykas NPC/Pavilion's

Postby Edwyn Garetson on June 29th, 2015, 7:33 pm

This is perfect, thanks for the quick reply. I just needed some clarification on how flexible their use is and wasn't sure if they operated on a different rule system (seeing as many of the NPCs in the Pavilion creation area are way over 50 SP total).

My biggest worry is that the Sea of Grass is quite dangerous and so far as I'm aware Drykas tend to hunt in parties as it's safer (Correct me if I'm wrong). Is it possible to one-off small hunting parties with a bunch of Drykas and split the kill?

Seasonal expenses are definitely part of it as well :)
Edwyn Garetson
Player

Character sheet

Endrykas NPC/Pavilion's

Postby Gossamer on June 29th, 2015, 7:40 pm

This is a confusing topic and a really good question, so let me clarify it for you both.

NPCs in Pavilions in Endrykas (aka Cyphrus) are considered CITY NPCs so long as you register the pavilion as a legitimate family in Cyphrus. That means they can have more skills/stats/etc than a personal NPC can have. They only become PERSONAL NPCs when you ask for one that's a wife/husband, child, or slave.

Even though you are traveling around Cyphrus, these personal npcs are considered stationary and you must pay a sustainable living expense for them.... meaning common or above. Otherwise, they grow sickly, starve, and leave you ic.

We will have all of this in the codex and make sure its absolutely clear there.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Endrykas NPC/Pavilion's

Postby Tribal on June 29th, 2015, 7:43 pm

Thanks, Goss. I need to look into City NPCs it would seem.
Tribal
Lost in the Tall Grass

Office
Plotnotes

Endrykas NPC/Pavilion's

Postby Edwyn Garetson on June 29th, 2015, 7:46 pm

That goes for me as well. Thanks Gossamer, and you as well Tribal :)
Edwyn Garetson
Player

Character sheet

Endrykas NPC/Pavilion's

Postby Tribal on June 29th, 2015, 7:55 pm

No problem. I'm excited to start reading your stories!
Tribal
Lost in the Tall Grass

Office
Plotnotes