Akalak questions

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Akalak questions

Postby Rhaesh' Tal on July 7th, 2015, 10:57 am

Hello!

I am creating an Akalak character and wanted a few clarifications about their dual personalities. So.. deep breath.

Do Akalaks argue / bicker with themselves (their other half) ?
Do they talk to / discuss with their other half ?
Do they have conflicting views about people or things in general ? How do they tend to work things out ?
Do they work together and cooperate ?
Do they seize control if needed ?
Do they have skill preferences ? Would one half prefer to fight while the other half to persuade ?
Is this going on in their heads, since their dual nature is supposed to be a secret ? Or are they exposed when not under stress ?

Thanks in advance :)
Rhaesh' Tal
Player

Words: 338
Joined roleplay: July 1st, 2015, 3:33 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Akalak questions

Postby Gossamer on July 7th, 2015, 11:08 am

I'm on my phone. So bear with me.

Yes they bicker, argue, comfort etc each other. One isn't ever truly alone. A well grounded Ak can switch effortlessly from one personality to the other sentence by sentence. Just like two people, they are going to agree on some things and disagree on other things. If healthy they discuss among themselves reasonably.

Yes to all the rest of it. Its two different men squeezed into one body. ...and while their nature is secret outside of RF... Within RF everyone knows . They are open about their dual natures.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Akalak questions

Postby Rhaesh' Tal on July 7th, 2015, 11:18 am

Lightning-fast reply :O

Thank you Gossamer!

I was sort of hoping things would be that way. So very interesting. I'll probably have more questions as I keep on reading :)
Rhaesh' Tal
Player

Words: 338
Joined roleplay: July 1st, 2015, 3:33 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Akalak questions

Postby Kavala on July 7th, 2015, 2:44 pm

No worries.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)