PM to join Clouds, wolves and flowers (Nikia)

The meeting of Nikia and Ren. Will it be memorable, or will it be a failure?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Clouds, wolves and flowers (Nikia)

Postby Ren Doyle on July 20th, 2015, 3:43 pm

-
-
40th of Summer, 515 A.V.
In the City of Syliras

Within the city guarded by great stone walls, a young man worked at a stand covered in various floral plants. The flowers covered every colour in a rainbow, and were of different size and types; some flowers were small and simple and some were large and exotic. Working with the various flowers gave Ren a sense of nostalgia of a past that he’d never forget. His occupation most consisted of task what required arranging, moving heavy containers and tending to customers. Ren often questions Atta’s ‘unique’ way of business. However, for some reason or another, she managed to keep the stand running.

Gentle tying together the stems of flower together, Ren made a small and simple bouquet of vibrant red dahlias, perfect for showing off colours of the season. With the bouquet in hand and a warm smile, Ren presented the flowers to a small girl.
“Here you go, I hope your Papa’s okay.” Ren said as he handed her the flowers.
“Mama said that he’d get better if I Papa these!” The little girl beamed.
“Of course!” Ren agreed with a light chuckle.
The little girl gasped as if she just remembered something she had forgotten. She handed Ren back the flowers, which was slightly confused him, and dipped her hand deep into her pocket. By looking at her face, Ren could tell that her search was quite intense. A few moments later, a grin appeared on her face as she presented a shiny silver miza to Ren. Ren looked at the mizas, then the girl. It was obviously not enough to pay for the flowers, but Ren didn’t want to deny the miza and hurt her feelings. Searching for an answer, he turned to Atta, who was observing Ren. She simply gestured for him to take the miza, and Ren did exactly that. Thanking the girl, Ren took the miza and handed her the bouquet. As she skipped off into the bustling crowd, Ren waved her goodbye. Soon after when the girl was out of sight, Ren let out a deep sigh.
“Is something the matter?” Atta asked, sitting by the stand.
“Not really… well… I don’t want to sound heartless, but… do you often give away flowers like that?” Ren replied
“Well…” Atta paused,
“Sometimes sympathy is far greater than mizas, dear.”
“What do you mean? Did something happen?” Ren questioned.
“Nothing out of the ordinary, when people start drinking the ale they love; they sometimes end up talking with their fist. Some conversations tend to go awry.”
Cocking his head to the side, Ren smiled and shrugged at Atta. Soon after, another patron appeared and Ren served them.

Afternoon came and clouds began looming over the city. Ren looked up into the sky, seeing Syda’s beautiful sun being smothered by the clouds. Ren’s shift at the stand was coming to an end; So Ren decided to sweep the area around the stand to tidy things up before he leaves. As he swept, a light breeze rolled in, knocking a few petals to the ground. Rearing his head back he groaned and re-swept the stand. However, he noticed something in the crowd of people. Caught in the wind, a stream of white hair danced elegantly before falling back onto its owner, a woman as pale as snow. Ren felt somewhat captivated. He watched as she slowly disappeared into the thick of the crowd. Ren quickly swept the area once again, and said his goodbyes to Atta and began searching for the woman. Making his way through the crowd, Ren headed in the general direction the he saw her walk. She should be easy to spot… As luck may have it, Ren did spot the woman in the distance. He began closing in on her. However, he started to realise that the closer he got the more he felt and looked like a stalking. With that weighting on his mind, he began planning a way to initiate a conversation with her. Simply stopping her and saying ‘Hello!’ would deem to be somewhat… creepy… He continued to follow the woman around the city; until he came up with an introduction. Briskly, he walking passed the woman and stopped a fair distance ahead of her. As the woman slowly approached near him, Ren smiled.
“Oh Hi! I haven’t seen you in a long time!” Ren chirped,
“Oh… sorry, I thought you were someone else… uh… hello…”
Ren felt a bead of sweat drop, as he smiled at the woman before him. The clouds grew more darker.

-
Other's voice - My voice - Thoughts - Ancient Tongue

-
Last edited by Ren Doyle on July 21st, 2015, 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ren Doyle
The Florist at Syliras

Words: 9796
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2015, 12:20 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nikia on July 21st, 2015, 12:35 am

The city of Syliras seemed busy today, but no more then usual. The crowded city left Nikia feel a little lost. She found a place by a fountain to sit at in the center of all the chaos. She just simply watched the people as they made there way to their destinations. Nikia was content. The longer she sat and watched, the more she saw. Flower shops, inns, bars, café shops, clothing shops, jewelry shops, etc. were within the great stone walls. Everything seemed new and exciting to the young kelvic. So much to try and experience. Nikia smiled to anyone who passed her by and often said, "hello." She's never really been in the city before, except to pass through. But, today seemed different. A fresh start. The young women took out a pocket sizes map and began to look for the closest café. Nikia kept getting confused, trying to figure out her route, and turned the map upside down and right side up with a look of uncertainty on her face. Five minutes pass by and Nikia gave up. She folded the map up and stuck it back in her brown satchel. A long sigh escaped her lips, but Nikia wouldn't accept defeat. She pulled herself together and began walking.

Every few minutes the sun would kiss they city goodbye. The air was full of moist as if preparing itself for rain. The clouds didn't look heavy enough for a storm, but did however, began to cover the city like a blanket. It was about mid day and Nikia was determined to find a café on her own. That is, if she doesn't get completely lost first. Momenta go by and what seemed likes forever, the young kelvic walked around the city with no sense of direction. "How hard is it to find such a simple place?" She asked herself, looking in every direction she could think of. Feeling a little frustrated, Nikia stopped dead in her tracks and took a deep breath. Regaining her focus and self control. In a matter if minutes, a breeze picked up. Claiming the city for itself. Nikia's sliver-white hair swayed in all directions of the wind. Her low cut, white, mid thigh dress began to ruffle with with wind, leaving exposed skin to generate goosebumps. But, it didn't bother her much. She began walking, making her way through the crowd as she held her hands on the strap of her satchel. Nikia continued to smile at the ones who passes her by, saying, "hello."

So far, the start of Nikia's day has been pretty adventurous, even though she hadn't been doing much. The sounds of peoples chatter filled her ears with enjoyment coming from each person she walked next to. Everyone seems happy. Nikia noted as she she observed her surroundings. Unfortunately, the more the young women walked, the more she felt lost. Shortly after, she gave up on her destination and walked just because. Until she almost ran into someone. The man before her spoke with excitement then turned to embarrassment within a couple minutes of each other. Nikia raised a brow and tilted her head just slightly to the right. She didn't know this man. Her icy blue eyes were curious. Listening to the man that made a mistake, Nikia let out a small chuckle and smiled. "It's alright." She stated. Then continued, "Hello. I'm Nikia." She added extending her hand, waiting patiently for him to introduce himself.
"There is no stronger bond than a pack of wolves"

"Common" Thoughts

Nikia
The Wolf One

Words: 32333
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2015, 7:28 am
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ren Doyle on July 23rd, 2015, 6:21 am

-
-
Ren couldn’t move; he realised that his words were quite forced and unnatural. However, his worries soon banished when the young woman began to chuckle and speak. The young woman, with a voice sounding more natural than Ren’s previous words, introduced herself as Nikia. The women presented Ren with her hand, a civil and well-mannered gesture. With a smile, Ren took her hand and introduced himself to her.
“Well met, Nikia. I’m Ren, Ren Doyle.” He greeted, lightly shaking her hand.
The clouds slowly grew heavier and darker. Looking up at the sky, Ren could easily tell that a light shower was soon going to fall. It seems that the other people around the two realised this as well. Some began to scurry to shelters and some started to walk briskly to whatever destination they set out for. Not wanting to be wet, Ren looked around the area for shelter. However, most placed were already taken. With no place he could see to take refuge, he turned to Nikia to see if she was heading to somewhere.
“Say, where were you heading to?” Ren asked

-

-
oocI'm sorry i took a while and that the post is so short.
Ren Doyle
The Florist at Syliras

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nikia on July 23rd, 2015, 9:44 am

After making contact and exchanging names, Nikia was pleased. She moves her hand back to its original position, on the strap of her satchel, and smiled at Ren. "It's a pleasure to me you, Ren." She told him with excitement in her voice. It wasn't very often she makes new friends. Moments later, Nikia turned and reached in her satchel to grab her pocket map. She turned back to Ren with an embarrassed look on her face. "I was actually heading to closet café. But, unfortunately, I'm a bit lost." She replied, showing him the map she held in her right hand. "I don't suppose you could show me where one is would you?" Nikia asked, hopeful.

As she waited patiently, she noticed that everyone around them was moving rather quickly to their destinations. She then looked up and saw that the clouds grew darker. The suns existence was no more. She inhaled deeply and caught the scent of rain lingering in the air. With moisture lurking within the city, it was only a matter of time. But, Nikia enjoyed the rains embrace. It was something that soothed her and calmed her thoughts. She directed her attention back to Ren and spoke softly, "I don't mean to be rude, but is there anyway we can find shelter?" She asked. Not meaning to come off like she was rushing him in anyway. Then continued, "It's going to rain fairly soon." Nikia informed him as she was placing her map back in its rightful place.

It's going to rain and I didn't think to bring a jacket. She thought. Her silver -white hair running wild as the wind began to blow a little harder within the city's walls. Her white dress moving with it like an ocean wave, leaving her skin more exposed. Nikia's icy blue eyes began to linger around her, watching the people as they scurry away finding shelter from what was to come.

"Common" Thoughts

Nikia
The Wolf One

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ren Doyle on August 2nd, 2015, 5:53 pm

-
-
Clouds continue to darken and it was quite obvious it was going to rain; the smell of water grew stronger making it clear that it the rain was going to be fairly heavy. People around the two continued their search for shelter, some even picking up their children to make a hasty retreat. Nikia asked him if they could get out of the rain, Ren agreed with her. With Nikia’s desired location in mind, the young florist beckoned for Nikia to follow. She wanted to visit a café; the only place that Ren knew that was café-like was “The Bean”. The place was nice and pretty mellow. Ren wasn’t a regular of the establishment, but he does go there from time-to-time to unwind.

“I know a place, but it’s a bit of a walk from here. I’m sure if we walk quickly enough we can beat the rain” Ren smiled.

When Nikia was ready, the two set off through the city. Making their way through the streets, Ren looked back at the silver haired woman. She didn’t look like a local; curiosity soon got the better of him and so he asked the question that was on his mind.
“You’re not from around here are you? Where’re you from, Nikia?” Ren questioned.

-

-
Ren Doyle
The Florist at Syliras

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nikia on August 3rd, 2015, 9:21 pm

Nikia followed, anxiously, behind the dark blonde haired man. As they walked, she took note of the direction where Ren was taking her as to not get lost later. She watched the people, attentively, as they walked by. Parents grabbing their children and walking at quicker pace so they wouldn't get caught in the rain. For a moment, Nikia felt sad. Seeing something so precious and not being able to have it yourself. The wolf pushed the thought aside and redirected her attention back to Ren. She had started falling behind, but soon caught up.

"That sounds great!" Nikia smiled back. "Thank you, by the way." Nikia added, appreciatively.

The kelvic thought about Ren's question and frowned. She didn't really know where she came from. A part of her lost. The funny thing was that Nikia had lived in the city since she was about eight months old or so, but only passed through to leave the city walls. She never thought about seeing the sights to get herself reacquainted after her parents died. But, it was time for a change.

The wolf answered, honestly, "I don't really know where I'm from. My parents and I never stayed in one place for to long." She sighed. Then continued, "I've lived in the city since I was eight months old, but only went out on occasion with my mother."

While the clouds hung above the city, like a blanket, the winds picked up. Nikia's hair began to sway almost uncontrollably, once again. Goosebumps formed on her arms from the winds exposure and the dress stuck to her thighs as she walked next to Ren. How can a beautiful day turn miserable? She thought as she looked above her head and frowned.

"Common" Thoughts

Nikia
The Wolf One

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes