Same Differences [Aleksi]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on December 2nd, 2010, 4:53 am

Aleksi giggled, at least she found his silly ignorance at least a slightly charming. Eldon shrugged lightly, offering a faint smile in response. His eyes, however, couldn't help but follow her hand, and necklace, to her chest. It was probably just the sexual attraction to stare at her that drew his eyes, but moments later he lifted his gaze once more, hardly aware at all that he had looked.

"Ashamed of being Drykas?" She said no offense, but Eldon wasn't able to shrug that off so easily. He would hold his tongue, though if she were a 'he', there wouldn't be a moment's hesitation to to attack with a flurry of fists. Instead, he merely had to pry, find her reasoning, and later on dash it against the very rocks of the rather distant Suvan with his very own reasoning. "I can understand the stupid remark. I could agree that... some men are a little slow when it's not their specific areas of expertise or anything. But I don't think it's right to single out one sex over the other just because of a few experiences you may have had."

Eldon caught Aleksi looking him over, top to toe. The raised eyebrow wasn't exactly a look of being impressed, maybe he disgusted her? Intrigued her? Confused her? "Well, I guess all men aren't as predictable you might think. I have a full two less than you guessed. But how old do you think I am?" Eldon grinned as he questioned Aleksi.
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Words: 240265
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2010, 2:09 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Aleksi on December 2nd, 2010, 12:42 pm

She chuckled at him trying to justify men. It was somewhat cute, to be honest, but Aleksi shook that idea out of her head straight away. Her eyebrow moved back to it's normal position before she whispered "Well, that is why I said, no offense... Some may not be as stupid, or even stupid at all. And you seem like one of them, so far"

Aleksi noticed his eyes moving over her before, but she didn't react. She was quite aware of the fact that she was staring at him just a second earlier. It wouldn't be fair if she had said anything about it, so she just got back to answering his question
"Well, because of your face, I'd say you're in your twenties... probably mid-twenties.... and to be quite honest, if so, you look good, considering all the rest I've seen around.", frowning, she shook her head.

It wasn't strange that Aleksi was blunt. It seemed like this woman had no shame talking about any of that stuff. Was there anything she would blush for or be embarrassed about?
Aleksi
Just your average (fe)male =)

Words: 187296
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 10:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on December 2nd, 2010, 5:29 pm

"No offense taken." That wasn't particularly true though. Eldon was actually a little offended for the men she was talking about. They were his brothers after all, Drykas all in one. Aleksi was certainly a strange girl to be honest. Eldon couldn't help but notice how she seemed to defy the norms of the Drykas culture. The Drykas who were very traditional, respectful, and caring for each other in their own little niches was the typical way they were. Aleksi, however, didn't even seem to be bothered by her radical opinions, no matter how differing they seemed to be. She didn't even seem to be bothered with the thought that she could very well be damaging her reputation (if she had one) or even the respect obtained from others. She did seem independent though, that wasn't a bad quality. "I'll take that as a compliment then. I still disagree on your claim about most men, but I suppose I can manage with being one in a dozen." Eldon nodded sheepishly, a faint grin emerging as he did so. He was intrigued by this very strange Drykas specimen, wondering things like 'does her family know how she believes?' and 'should I even be bothering talking to her?' and even 'what the hell is she talking about!?!'

"Yes, mid twenties is close enough, rather vague really, but close enough. And I look good?" Eldon grinned again. There could have been several connotations to that little comment. Did he look strong and capable? Was he physically attractive? Maybe he just looked smarter than the average Drykas male? He assumed she meant attractive, and he would take it as so. "They've probably been through more than I have." Eldon nodded, again trying to defend his brothers, a habit of his that he only just now realized he had. He knew that was partly false. He may not have been a great hunter like many of them, but he was a Water Reimancer, when the clans were thirsty, they all looked to the Sapphire clan to help them. And the dangers with learning reimancy were great on their own.

"You've been talking about me quite a bit, making assumptions and all. I haven't heard about you though. You mentioned people talk about you, and now, I admit, that I am curious." Eldon had a few ideas why they might talk about her. "Why's that?
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Aleksi on December 2nd, 2010, 5:37 pm

She chuckled in a rather victorious way. It was good to know she was right about his age, or well, so it seemed on her face.

Her eyes locked on his as she listened to him speak. He seemed to care about Drykas people quite a bit. It was quite touching, but then again, Aleksi wouldn't let herself show that. She, after all, did as well, but she never acted that way, until someone needed help.

Her smile became even more wide as he asked a question about her. Her lips moved slowly as she sighed and added with a rather cheeky voice "Well, I'm, as you can see, not living by the typical Drykas rules. I haven't gotten married, I don't have a family, which is, believe it or not, not my fault. They were killed. And", she sighed again softly, before adding again "I'm not all that... well, I think cute is the right word for females in general"
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on December 2nd, 2010, 6:37 pm

Eldon chuckled heartily as she once again stated her status with marriage. Perhaps there was a reason there to talk about her, but she made it sound worse than it was. Perhaps she wasn't talked about as badly as she mentioned, that or there was something else she was holding out on him. Regardless, he had to resist the urge to tease her about it. "Cute? Cute is a word you use for little creature like this." Eldon pointed at Luc with his bare toe, Eldon was shoe-less. "Or a pair of children chasing each other in an innocent game. You don't use cute to describe a healthy grown woman you're looking to wed!" Eldon laughed again, the way she made it sound, it was as if nobody seemed interested in her, excluding those that were killed.

"Maybe the men you say are typically unattractive are too nervous to come up and talk to you? I'd have to assume that over you not being beautiful. Beautiful, by the way, is the word I think you meant. You are beautiful, not cute." There it was, the compliment in the form of lecturing a child. How adorable this game was becoming. "Anyway, nature has a way of finding the right person for you, you just need to be patient so you don't find the wrong soul too soon, but keep your eyes open so the right one doesn't go unnoticed. My father always said that my mother was the only one of his wives that complimented him, she was strong where he was not, and vice versa." Eldon lifted his hand to chin and gave a mocking thoughtful pose. "But perhaps I think too much. I could be wrong. Maybe you are just cute after all. Children are cute, and marrying a child would be frowned upon." Eldon returned to teasing once again.
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Aleksi on December 2nd, 2010, 6:59 pm

Alekis laughed loudly. He actually was teasing her. It was nice to hear something like that from people. She missed having fun, quite a bit. It seemed like she was gonna say something, but she then shook her head.

"Well, my father hasn't taught me much about being anything but a hunter, so.."

Her eyes moved up and down herself before she added in a teasing manner "Well, I'm not sure beautiful is the word... hot maybe?", winking at him, she started laughing again. As usual, she was quite crazy and she loved it.

OOC: Sorry for being short today, my inspiration sucks <.<
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on December 2nd, 2010, 7:55 pm

OOCNo worries. Post as much as you want. It works.

Eldon shook his head slowly, though the smile on his face betrayed the mock disappointment he tried to act out. Either she was actually conceited, or more likely she was just carrying the joke on further, perhaps even turning it on him. "Hot? Hardly, I'm thinking humble, or is conceited the word I'm looking for? Regardless, I doubt temperature describes you at all. I take that back, maybe cold hearted works?" Eldon grinned again, he hadn't teased anybody this hard since he was a youngster. Oh how great it was to be a kid again, peaceful, no worries.
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Aleksi on December 2nd, 2010, 8:01 pm

She raised her eyebrows and made a shocked face. It seemed like she was actually going crazy over that "I'm not hot?". She turned around, obviously showing her ass off "hmmm.....well, maybe sexy would work better, since cold hearted is something I can agree with", winking at him while looking over her shoulder and trying to keep her hands on her hips.

"Well hey, being humble never got anyone any good, so why even bother", grinning she tried really hard not to laugh at all of this. It felt really good to have fun around someone as much as she was now.
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on December 3rd, 2010, 10:26 am

By the Gods! Eldon was starting to draw some serious assumptions about this girl the longer this joke went on. As she turned around, teasing Eldon even further with her body, he could only grin sheepishly. He was running out of even semi-clever phrases to toss at her. "Alright, I suppose that can work. Put your weapons away, I give." Eldon lifted his hands in the air in a mock defeat, as if she were wielding swords rather than sexual tension.

"I suppose I can see some logic in that. Makes sense in a way, if you aren't concerned about how people look at you." Eldon had already established long ago that Aleksi wasn't exactly the type to care what people thought of her. She was what Eldon would call a 'Wild Child'.

Time to change the subject.

Eldon, without so much as a clever or smooth transition, quickly jumped from Aleksi herself, to other questions about her. "So, I see you have a little devil at your feet, but do you have a Strider yet?" Eldon assumed she did, she was a hunter after all, even if she hadn't had much training yet. Hunting in the Sea of Grass on foot was just unheard of.
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Aleksi on December 3rd, 2010, 2:20 pm

Aleksi laughed at him giving in. It was something she loved, but at the same time, she had hoped for a bit more of a struggle. She lightly turned around, hiding her "weapons" as he called them.

"Well", she added as an answer to his next question, which seemed a bit out of nowhere, so changing the subject was something Aleksi thought was happening there "I'm afraid I'm not that lucky to have a Strider yet, but I am planning on working on that quite soon

Her eyes were locked on him again. She knew it was strange for a Drykas to not have a horse, but then again, what wasn't strange about Aleksi? She, when you put it all down on a piece of paper, was a unique nutcase obsessed with blades and hunting.
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

PreviousNext