Same Differences [Aleksi]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on December 4th, 2010, 6:07 pm

Eldon offered a mock sigh of relief as Aleksi stopped her little sexual assault at him. Such a bizarre girl, Eldon was having difficulty deciding if this encounter was more fun than curiosity-driven, or even uncomfortable yet unable to break away. "It's not uncommon. My father always told me that some Drykas never find the Strider that was meant for them. I was lucky enough to meet Vanah. I don't think you can work for it though, it's just one of those moments where it just happens. Like love perhaps?" Eldon looked over to Vanah, she was gazing at him as if she was flattered by what he was saying. He grinned faintly before looking back to Aleksi, being bold enough to place his hand on her shoulder. "Be patient and have faith in the Gods. They'll bring you the perfect match. Mother Caiyha knows we cannot survive without them, and she'll not send us to an unnecessary early death."

Eldon removed his hand from her shoulder and winked lightly. "Until that day, you could always take a ride with me. Vanah is plenty strong enough to support the two of us and still outrun any glassbeak on the plains." The offer was real, though he had a feeling Aleksi would refuse without hesitation. But then again, she'd already caught him off guard more times than he could count.
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Words: 240265
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2010, 2:09 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Aleksi on December 4th, 2010, 9:17 pm

Aleksi almost laughed at Eldon's sigh, but her laughter turned into a soft smile when he started talking about horses. It was something that this girl never felt, but wanted to quite bad. The way Eldon looked at Vanah was just extremely beautiful.
"That is beautiful..." , she managed to whisper before Eldon put his hand on her shoulder and she lifted an eyebrow questioningly. That wasn't something she would tolerate from many people, but hell, she was the one teasing him a few minutes before.

His words to her were kind and almost made her get all soft. She never had a huge thing for Gods, but then again, she did prey to Caiyha every time she'd go hunting. Maybe this man was right, maybe she should spend more time thinking about such things. Maybe, just maybe she will get something in her life, like he had Vanah.

Aleksi started laughing as soon as she heard the offer. It was quite a generous one or an extension of the joke they had earlier, but either way, she didn't have anything against it. For some reason, she wanted to get to know Eldon better. She winked at him and added in a cheeky manner "Only if I get to sit in front of you", keeping the silly, almost teasing grin on her face.

She actually accepted the offer for a ride. How strange and stupid this was. Well, she was almost eighteen, for once in her life, she could have a bit of fun.
Aleksi
Just your average (fe)male =)

Words: 187296
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 10:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on December 4th, 2010, 11:17 pm

Eldon smiled, he was, as previously mentioned, taken aback by her choice. She actually would go for a ride. "Sorry, I'm not sure Vanah would be pleased with me if I let you in front. I'll tell you what though, you can hold onto me as tight as you want." Eldon looked at Vanah, who walked on over in between Eldon and Aleksi. He climbed up onto her back, bare back that is, and situated himself before holding his hand out for Aleksi. "Hope you don't mind going saddle-less. The yvas is needing a few repairs and I haven't bothered to get it fixed yet. You still want to go?"

Eldon was smiling the whole time, he wouldn't wander too far from Endrykas, he would not be pleased to run into any dangers while he is unarmed and joy riding with an attractive girl. Talk about a kill joy. This would be a good little practice though. Not only would Eldon get a bit of experience riding with a passenger, being saddle-less, but Vanah would be getting a good feel for it herself. "I'm ready when you are."
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Aleksi on December 4th, 2010, 11:25 pm

Aleksi giggled and nodded. She understood what he meant, so she didn't react to the change. Her eyes followed Eldon as he climbed up on Vanah's back and offered Aleksi a hand.
"Well.... I guess that can work as well...", winking at him she took his hand and climbed up, wrapping her arms around him and whispering quietly
"Yea... this'll do..."

A soft giggle escaped her as she kept herself close to Eldon. Vanah was so beautiful... and so big. It was so strange to be on a horse again. She used to do that with her father when she was a kid.

Her eyes wandered over Eldon's shoulder as she leaned over lightly, looking at the horse's head. It was so beautiful and warm
"Wow... I've missed this feeling, really bad...", the moment she said that she figured how bad that sounded with her arms around Eldon and her chin on his shoulder
"Riding was always such a thrill.."... Urgh Aleksi, can you go any more than that, she thought to herself and then decided to just shut up
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on December 5th, 2010, 5:35 am

Eldon actually felt himself jump lightly as she wrapped her arms around his torso. It was an unfamiliar feeling, though he found himself warming up to it pretty quickly. "There's not much like it." Eldon mentioned as he stroked Vanah gently. There was a smile on his face, not that clever little grin he had been wearing off and on up until now, but a smile that that said 'I am as happy as I possibly could be.' He was riding on the most beautiful strider he had ever seen, why would he be happy.

Eldon leaned over, lowering his head next to Vanah's ear and whispered. "We've got a lady with us today. Let's be easy on her." Vanah offered a quick snort as she began to move, it was no more than a solid walk. Once they were out of the pavilions, away from the people (who were giving them some pretty strong stares), they would pick up the pace a little.

"So tell me Aleksi, what is it you do? I mean, not for a living. What is it you like to do when you aren't hunting, fighting, or training?" Eldon doubted she was a reader, not only were books rare in Endrykas, but she seemed more physical than the occasional scholar he met. There was only one boy he grew up with that had an interest for books.
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Aleksi on December 5th, 2010, 11:14 am

Aleksi giggled at him moving his body as she wrapped her arms around him. That was cute, she thought to herself. Her eyes followed his moves with Vanah and she could just admire them. They are something like Luc and I, rang inside of her head as she nuzzled closer.

Was what they did appropriate? Probably not, since the stares towards them were mostly judging and in a way questioning. As soon as Vanah picked up a bit of pace, Aleksi smiled wide, thinking of how Luc would enjoy running next to them, but she knew that wasn't possible, since he'd probably scare the horse.

Aelksi hummed for a second at Eldon's question before replying with a cheerful tone "Well, other then my passion for hunting I really love tattoos, as you can see.... Doing those usually happens after every hunt because of the scars... every tattoo covers a scar., her smile got even bigger while she was talking about that. She loved it, she truly did. But not long from then, she continued "And I like learning about other races, if there is a chance.... from pretty much anything.. a live example, a book, a painting..."
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on December 5th, 2010, 7:38 pm

It wasn't so much that was they did was inappropriate, a Drykas riding a horse was about as common as breathing or walking really, but just that the two of them were riding a single strider together, and the way Aleksi was holding onto Eldon made it look more like something was going on between the two than what really was. Eldon smiled regardless though, he didn't have too long before he couldn't ride Vanah much, which the approaching Winter the day were limited. Might as well ride her and take another for a ride who wasn't fortunate enough to have one just yet.

Once they were clear of the pavilions, Vanah picked up speed without so much as a word from Eldon. She knew it was coming once they slipped past the nomadic city, if it could be called a city. The horse went from a brisk walk to that of a steady gallop towards the Sea of Grass. In the distance Eldon could see a group of Drykas riding around as well. It seemed they held a similar idea as Eldon and Aleksi had. Ride while you still can. "Those tattoos are really interesting. I'm surprised to see so many to be honest. I've only got my right arm marked." Eldon motioned with his head towards his arm, indicating what was covered mostly by his sleeve. "I spent a very brief time with those blue giants in Riverfall. My father and I visit there when we were caught in a very sudden rainstorm. Very odd for this place, but we were closer to there than home. I didn't find them particularly kind or welcoming, but they didn't kill us for no reason."
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Aleksi on December 5th, 2010, 9:38 pm

Aleksi kept grinning as Vanah picked even more pace. It was beautiful and not too windy outside. Noticing a few more Drykas people made Aleksi giggle lightly and whisper "Well, it seems I'm ruining your reputation... riding with me behind you and all"

When Eldon started talking about tattoos, she blushed lightly, leaning just a bit to the back so he wouldn't notice, but not being sure if her cheeks were warm enough for it to happen anyway. Her fingers reached down to pull his sleeve up just a bit and see the tattoo. Yes, Aleksi was that bold. Her fingers moved over the lines of the tattoo and whispered "This is beautiful.... I don't know... I love to mark my body... helps me ease my mind, to be quite honest... and this one suits you well"

Her eyes moved back down to the horse and she smiled wide, listening to Eldon talk about Riverfall. She had been there once, with her father as well, and it didn't seem friendly to her either....
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on December 6th, 2010, 4:34 am

"Ruining my reputation? Hah! I hardly have one. The best I'm known for is being my father's only surviving son, apprentice water maker, and average hunter. The only changing to my reputation you're causing is making it look like I'm finally getting something right. It makes it look like I finally found some girl that can stand me." Eldon turned his head to the side and grinned lightly, he was joking of course. How old was she? Aleksi was young, a good deal younger than himself.

Eldon turned his head to glance back at Aleksi as she began to paw at his sleeve. She lifted it so that she could see more than what was already exposed, yet to see the whole thing, he'd have to take off his shirt. It stretched to and past his shoulder. "I'd hope it is. It's the only one I've got for now, but it means as much to me as a hunter's entire markings. My father did it himself, a sign of my commitment to my clan, devotion to reimancy, and willingness to suffer for the survival of my Drykas brothers and sisters. Thank you."

Eldon smiled as he leaned over again to whisper in Vanah's ear. "Faster Vanah, faster." There was a faint snort of excitement from the strider as she picked up speed, she was at a quick steady gallop now. Thankfully they were connected so well, rider and strider. Vanah knew what Eldon could handle, and she was smart enough to know that without the yvas, Eldon couldn't hold on to much but her mane. "How you doing back there?"
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Aleksi on December 6th, 2010, 9:18 am

Alekis chuckled and shook her head at what Eldon was saying. It was quite interesting the way they actually communicate. Her cheeks were still blushing lightly, but she didn't care much anymore. Keeping herself close to him, she added playfully "Hmmm... a girl that can stand you... I don't see why that would be so hard"

She noticed Eldon glancing at her and it just made her grin pretty wide. She nuzzled her head into his shoulder and let go of his sleeve, just so she could hold onto him tight "It actually somehow looks like it means quite a bit to you... without knowing all these things..". Eldon seemed like a really righteous and caring man, someone Aleksi would like to get to know better.

As soon as Eldon leaned closer to Vanah, Aleksi knew what was going to happen. She nuzzled in closer and grinned while almost in a trans. Her face was still nuzzled in Eldon's shoulder as she whispered "I'm doing fine, thank you.... enjoying myself quite a bit actually". Aleksi didn't lie, she really liked it, a lot more then she thought she would. After all though, she was a Drykas, a thing she kept forgetting every now and then, for an unknown reason. And every Drykas, as they say, needed his strider and riding time so the bond gets stronger. Well, Aleksi seemed to have accepted that right about now.
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

PreviousNext