Completed Unexpected Views Part 2

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Citadel of the Dead Queen, Black Rock is the island off of the eastern coast of Falyndar. Mythic and mysterious, few know what truly inhabits it. [Lore]

Unexpected Views Part 2

Postby Savacea Jovellana on August 2nd, 2015, 7:06 am

She saw Loda struggle half way there. He was strong indeed, an unusual strength resided in him and it frightened her a little, but probably not as much as it should have. She climbed to where he was, he seemed a bit confused as to where to go from there. Though he would not admit, it seemed his arms were beginning to tire. Savacea climbed a little below him, to help him spot the holds he needed to ascend the rest of the way, "Use your legs, your arms will tired easily. Use your leg strength to propel you up. Be careful though, balancing your body is necessary, the slightest shift in weight the wrong way will make you slip as you have thus far." Savacea offered the advice, hoping the man did not feel disrespected at her doing so, she climbed up beside him and looked up noticing a indention for his hand and pointed at it. "There see that, perfect for your hand, use your legs to propel yourself to that." She climbed up a bit farther this time, looking for more indention's in the rock.

The wind was a bit more powerful up here then below, whipping at them bringing the salt laden air from the ocean below to their nostrils. Savacea inhaled the scent, it was a nice smell that she had instantly grown fond of. She glanced at Loda and tsked him, "Keep a hip towards the wall, don't keep your body so straight, press a hip to the wall. Be flexible, your feet and legs are useful too." Savacea called out as she pointed to a path of crevices in the wall, it was not a straight path, it slanted and turned, but it was not a difficult path. Once he made it to her the climb should get easier for him to handle, and they could make their way to a cliff that overlooked the ocean. Savacea pointed to the crevices on the dark stone, "Go there, it is a easier path!" She called out to Loda raising her voice above the wind.

Savacea watched the man as his muscles flexed, it was a nice sight. Nothing wrong with admiring strength in a man, right? No, it wasn't.. It wasn't a bad thing at all. He looked so determined to succeed she would not let him fail, at least he could learn something knew to help him in what ever path he walked upon. Savacea stayed close to Loda though, at least nearby, in case he needed any assistance from her. They were higher up now, the danger was becoming more and more the further they climbed up the rock mountain. The ebb and flow of the ocean, crashing against the rocks, was becoming more faint as the rush of wind surrounded her ears. She wondered if Myrians could have friends outside of their race, or if they only used people for knowledge and considered no one their friends. She also wondered how he had more strength then a normal or typical human, he said he was not human he was Myrian so maybe that was why. Savacea made a mental note to ask these questions when they made it to the cliff above the ocean. As they made their way around the rock, going in the direction of the ocean now instead of the city, the views were starting to change.
Savacea Jovellana
Poisonous Dancer

Words: 239118
Joined roleplay: July 13th, 2015, 11:11 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Unexpected Views Part 2

Postby Loda on August 2nd, 2015, 7:56 am

LODA
Denizen of Black Rock
-----------------------------------

The Myrian had not gotten this far in life on instinct. He was trained, and trained well. All Myrians learned tactics and various combat situations growing up. This was something he knew but had forgotten from his youth. There was not much need to climb in the jungles if you knew where to go to avoid things. He therefore listened to her words, slightly pissed at how easy she made things look. It was almost as if she was non-verbally mocking him, but her tone was at least helpful. They both knew who was superior in climbing here. When she was done teaching him about his legs he tried to balance himself and put more pressure on his legs than arms. It helped a little bit, but more so was her direction at pointing out handholds for him to grab.

He could as well feel the wind pick up and it made him nervous. Taking her advice he held a hip close to the wall and angled his body. It was strange because when he was flying up the rock with strength he understood these concepts, but upon being stuck it was like it fled his brain. Placing a hand in the new handhold let him climb up further. She continued to show him where to grab, so other than some slips, he managed fine. The strength in his Myrian hands would not easily let him fall, but it didn’t mean that he wasn’t going to be bruised and scraped to all hell when he was done.

When she would leave him he would struggle until she pointed out more hand holds. He just couldn’t see them. Sweat beaded down his body greatly at the pure exertion and pain the man was enduring. The night made it even harder for him to see. She may not have realized it, but if she wasn’t there he would have fallen to his death. Her continual support in the darkness let him make it to the top. As he grasped his arm around the last rock to climb over, he with a last ounce of strength, yanked himself up flat on the rock, scraping his stomach a little. He was finally there, battered and beaten, but finished. His black hair covered his face and with pain in his shoulder he pushed himself off the rock and up onto the path she stood on. He rose to his feet and with that, as if signifying he was done, he flipped his hair back behind him.

The pain in his old wound now was real and he struggled not to hold it. With a forceful brush, he knocked the sand that had embedded itself into his stomach, arms, and legs. Bloody scrapes were seen here and there but he didn’t seem bothered by it. In truth it stung him fiercely, but he righted himself and pointed forward. The wind gusted past him, flinging his hair and hers off to the side of them and he followed her until he was at her side. “I think you won that one.” A silently but playful smile reached over his lips as his hair flipped and twisted about in the wind. Fortunately the heavy leather that was at his waist in the shape of his loincloth was not so easily blown aside. Her silks however seemed to wave like spiderwebs in the wind and he could see how much her people were similar to a spider in ways.

Other's Words - My Words - My Thoughts
Loda
Player

Words: 127479
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2015, 2:01 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Unexpected Views Part 2

Postby Savacea Jovellana on August 2nd, 2015, 8:01 am

When Loda pulled himself up on the cliff over looking the ocean, she noticed the multiple scrapes on his body. It had to hurt, though she could not see it in his face. He was being strong, as blood dripped from the scratches trailing down his tawny skin. He came beside her, committing that she had won, a playful smile faintly on his lips. She gave a small smile, "You won too though." She replied softly. In a way he had, he had a willpower and strength that was astounding. The wind brushed through her slightly curly strands of hair, sending them in a dance, and she glanced over the cliff and into the night sky that seemed closer now.

The stars danced upon a dark blanket of sky, the moon almost full peered through clouds sending a bright beam down upon the cliff. The ocean below seemed not so dangerous or menacing, it flowed easily in waves, the beams of moonlight reflecting off of it's surface. It was almost romantic in a way, though she would not let her mind go there. The view was magnificent and made her feel calm. She looked over at Loda standing by her, "How are you so strong?" The question came out in respect of his strength, she was curious how he found the strength normal humans could not inside him. Though she supposed he was not like normal humans, he was Myrian.

She stood there silently for a moment, looking out at the ocean. "This view was worth it, it is beautiful." The comment came out faintly, in a wistful manner as she peered out over the ocean. Then around at the cliff beside them, she peered a strange stone it was nothing special but it was different from the stone structure that just climbed, she leaned down and picked it up, turning it over in her hand. The surface was cool and it was a stark white in color, she found it to hold a beauty of it's own. A oddity among the dark stones that laid about. She did not know what kind of stone it was, it did not seem anything special but she liked it so she stuck it in her armor so she could have a memory of this night. "Loda.." she trailed off for a moment and glanced over at the warrior, "What brought you to Black Rock?" Savacea asked this softly, in a sweeter tone then she had ever spoken to the man before. She was curious what made him come here, if it was by mistake, or if there was a grander scheme behind it. She peered up into his dark gaze, waiting for his answer to her question.
Savacea Jovellana
Poisonous Dancer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Unexpected Views Part 2

Postby Loda on August 2nd, 2015, 8:07 am

The Myrian had to admit that he liked the sound of that. He had won too, and sure enough he did. She was a very soft spoken woman when not sneering with violence. He wasn’t sure which one he liked better, the one that was up on the cliff with him now or the one who challenged him. Her hair twisted as if dancing on the wind and it make his mind play funny things inside. To himself Loda wondered if she danced, but she didn’t look like one who would dance. Such a vibrant activity would probably break the girl, however their interpretation of dance was far different than Loda’s.

His mind was not so much on the beauty of his surroundings, but rather if this cliff was jumpable. He couldn’t tell in the night time what was below them, so he dared not to foolishly jump and end his life. Her voice reached out as he looked to the waters below and he tilted his head closer to her as if to hear over the wind that gusted between them at times. He turned to look at the tower in the distance and his head arched back all the way till he could see the top of it. She wanted to know how he was so strong.

“The Myrians are a strong people. From birth we are groomed for battle and strength. We are trained in many things and do not abandon intelligence. The Goddes-Queen gives us purpose and drive, and we crave it. Each of us seeks to outdo the other, but in relative harmony. The result is great strength. For those who reach their sixteenth summer, they are put through their clan trial. For those who succeed their trial, they are deemed true Myrians and are allowed to partake of The Blooding. I have done this...served in the Taloban Army for five years, survived many trials and I am Blooded Fang. What I triumph over, I partake of their flesh and that strength is carried with me.”

The man seemed proud of who he was at the least. He stood there in silence with her, observing their surroundings and when she spoke again to how it was beautiful, he looked with fresher eyes, with a new lens and nodded slowly. “Very nice. Especially with the fog about.” She seemed sweet and kind to him, and while he was attentive to it, part of him still did not want to trust her. She moved forward, leaving him standing there and bent down to gather a stone. He did not avoid observing her body and its thinned shape. She glanced back to him and stared into his eyes. Even the Symenstra had a beauty about her in doing this, and her soft voice calmed the wildness in his heart. It was hard for him to think a moment and after a few moments he pursed his lips and said. “Many reasons. Mostly military related.”

The answer was short, but not rudely said. He didn’t figure she wanted to know the details of why he was here, just in general. But if she pressed him he would tell her. It wasn’t like he would give her tactical positions of their troops or something. Whatever information he had to give was not a threat to them.

Other's Words ~~ My Words ~~ My Thoughts
Loda
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Unexpected Views Part 2

Postby Savacea Jovellana on August 2nd, 2015, 8:07 am

His answer was sufficient and made Savacea realize that the Myrians were trained at an earlier stage to be strong. The flesh consuming strengthen them made her curious, she wondered if she ate flesh of a victim if she too could be as strong as Loda. Though it was a childish thought and she knew it, she could never match his strength, she had her own strengths and he had his, physically he was her superior. She wondered though how old Loda was exactly if he started at sixteen and spent five year in the military, was he in his twenty's then, "Your people sound very strong and capable, Loda. Something to really be proud of." Savacea commented then tilted her head slightly to the side, "How old are you?" It was a simple question, not prying, she looked him over and he did not seem very old.

The answer he supplied to her question was short, he did not divulge in to anything with great detail and she nodded. She understand the reasoning behind it, for she would of done the some thing herself. Loda seemed to not trust her, though she did not trust him fully either, it was a mutual thing that they shared. She stretched her lithe body and peered out at the ocean, wondering if she jumped if her delicate bones would crush into a million pieces, she did not chance it though it was tempting. "At first I did not think I would like you, but you proved me wrong. I still do not trust you, but you are not what I expected to be. For once I am glad I was wrong." Savacea actually laughed, it was not a big laugh, nor was it loud. It was a soft laugh that crept from her throat, in a soft whimsical tune, in a feminine way. She was a bit shocked at herself, but she enjoyed it. Enjoyed Loda for bringing it back, after all these years. "I have not smiled or laughed in many years, it is nice. We are so different, you and I, though alike at the same time..." She trailed off for a moment in thought, discarding what she was about to say and glancing away from Loda. She spoke her mind, she was blunt and to the point, but she was not one to make situations even more awkward then what they already were. She stepped away from the warrior and peered down at the ocean below, her back to him. The waves were hypnotizing as they swirled and danced on the glass like surface. It was rather mesmerizing to watch, she leaned back on her heels, sighing faintly into the wind. Sometimes she despised being frail and not being able to do what other's could easily do.

Sure she could climb walls, even those as smooth as glass, she had her perks that other's could not do as well, though it did not make her feel special. She did not hold it over anyone's head or brag about it, because she wanted to be able to take a blow like Loda probably could, with out the worry of every bone in her body shattering. It disturbed her of how strong she felt inside her soul and heart, but how weak she could really be. Savacea did not like feeling weak, she had before and she did not ever want to again. That is why she decided to learn poison, to make a poison that could kill another with out the proximity of battle. Revenge was what she sought after, though at time she could not help but wonder if it was even worth it anymore. Lost in her thoughts, gazing over the waters, she stood there silently.
Savacea Jovellana
Poisonous Dancer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Unexpected Views Part 2

Postby Loda on August 2nd, 2015, 8:10 am

Her words lifted his heart a little bit, but it was numbed due to the fact he had heard the same words all his life. He knew he was to be proud of himself. It didn’t mean he didn’t appreciate her comment though. She tilted her head out of curiosity and he watched her hair blow now in a different way than it was before with the breeze. It was as if her own hair was made of silken strands like her clothes. He would not be surprised if it was. Yes he was still evaluating her, but she didn’t seem to mind as much as before. He knew how old he was exactly, as he was approaching his thirtieth spring, a mark of a good fighter.

“I am twenty nine spring seasons old.” without shame he asked the same of her. “How old are you?”

Above them flew the ghosts that lingered around Dira’s tower, some were decending to see who they were, and some lingered above. Some cried out in wails and some eerily watched. He was not concerned about them, only about the woman in front of him. He didn’t know what he could do to a ghost anyways.

They were still a ways off when she neared the edge. She looked as if the wind would blow her off the edge, but it was like when it came to the rock, she was not moved. She spoke as she looked out over the ocean and he tried to pick out the details of her frame in the darkness, though it was hard to amongst the white fog and dark sea. She looked like she belonged in this light. Even her voice was whimsical like the ghosts who cried out in the night. She surely belonged here more than he did. In careful consideration he listened to her words and smiled slightly to her laugh. It seemed to even shock her. What kind of life had she led that made it to where she could not have smiled for many years?

“I like it.” he simply said in response and bent down to pick up a small sized rock, one that had weight to it, but not so much it would not fly far and not so light it would be blown by the breeze. His statement really encompassed everything she had said and it was with few words he preferred to answer if he could. Sometimes being slower to speak and having wisdom in what you said meant more.

Now with his spear arm, he chucked the rock out into the ocean as far as he could. He stretched his hurting arm and it felt good to use it to throw something again; even if it wasn’t a spear. He then spoke up after a chime and said, “We should get my spear before the tide takes it away. The path is probably best for the way down though.” he snickered and waved to beckon her to follow him. “I would not mind the company, but if you’d rather stay here I wouldn’t blame you. Just keep in mind.” He pointed to the approaching ghosts and shrugged.

Loda
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Unexpected Views Part 2

Postby Savacea Jovellana on August 2nd, 2015, 8:13 am

She was a little shocked at his age, he did not look it, though she supposed keeping himself in health with the exercise of being a warrior made that so, "I turn twenty this Winter." She replied simply. Many did not believe her, as she did not act like many her age. She did not swoon after men, nor cared for the activities of the young, instead she kept to herself holding on to a wisdom of how life really was, cold, ugly, and cruel. At time she would give anything to be the happy and carefree person she was when she was a child. Looking at life with wide eyes of hope and intrigue, instead of seeing it as a place full of pain.

The simply reply to her statement was enough to satisfy her, he did not need to speak a lot of words to her. She was becoming to understand him better, even with out words, his statement of viewing her to see "who she was" ringing around in her head. Now she could understand why he did so, more could be seen from a person then heard, it was strange to be having this much in common with a stranger, and one who perhaps should be her enemy though she was not sure of this.

She watched the poor stone fly out and into the ocean, there was strength and force behind it and she could imagine how much damage could be done with that spear of his, at the mention of spear in her head he spoke about needing to go and retrieve it. She looked down at her bare feet and nodded, she needed to get her sandals as well, then looked at the nosy ghosts who stared at them and she shook her head at the ghosts, "Never any privacy around here.." Savacea thought with a grin, following Loda's lead this time as they descended the black stoned mountain.
Savacea Jovellana
Poisonous Dancer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Unexpected Views Part 2

Postby Loda on August 2nd, 2015, 8:15 am

Loda didn’t look a day over twenty-five and would likely live past his one hundredth year if battle or beast didn’t claim his life; not that he wanted to grow old. He wanted to rise in rank and perhaps have children, a family, and hunt the rest of his days until his life was claimed. He felt as if he had fought in thousands of battles in his life, but it was not so. Perhaps it was previous lives returned to him, but he wasn’t sure. He just felt older than he was and he had the cunning of man normal human men. She mentioned that she was only twenty and he raised his eyebrows.

“Twenty, so young. You do not look so young…” he paused and realized in common how he sounded and corrected himself, “You look young. I meant as a Myrian. We age slower than humans. If a woman looked like you, she could be well into her twenties, perhaps almost thirty. That is what I meant.” he pursed his lips and looked forward, thinking he may have dug himself into a deep enough hole with her and that comment. If she played with him he would be attentive and laugh along, but if not he would likely drop the matter.

As they walked down the pathway he nodded to her statement. If she were desiring privacy, that could be interrupted in her own room. “I was down at my room in the dormitories and one flew right through my room. I almost threw my spear into the wall at it. It just floated through and with that, was gone.” he shook his head and then turned down the side path that seemed to lead to the beach to where they had originally started. Loda was getting sleepy as he had been up since morning and he yawned. His large arms stretched up high in the air as they went, much akin to what she had done earlier whilst stretching. It really felt good to pull at those muscles and he knew that tomorrow he would pay for the aggravation he had caused his shoulder. In such a short time this Symenstra had almost come to trust him. She said she didn’t, but her actions said she did; maybe she even found him likeable to her.

He had to admit, she had grown on him from when he first saw her upon the rock and looked into her red eyes. At first they seemed so much larger to him, almost like a bugs eye, but having now studied her features she was very similar to that of a human or Myrian. The noticeable differences would be that she had such white skin, a veiny look to her, and never before had he seen a woman look so weak; amongst other things. All that didn’t mean he couldn’t be attracted to her physically when she seemed to act like a woman or say things that women say. Myrians did have attraction toward each other, but it was more like long glares and then you knew you were going to go at it. There were games and play, but all of those were extras. It was very simple for them. No marriage ceremony was needed. It made him wonder about Savacea’s people.

“You have come here to be apart from your people, but how do you life black rock? Would you say it was worth the trip?”

Loda
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Unexpected Views Part 2

Postby Savacea Jovellana on August 2nd, 2015, 8:18 am

She could not help the laugh that came from her mouth at Loda's stumbling over his words. She was not exactly sure what he meant, if she looked old or young, or what he thought of her really, though it was funny to watch him struggle. It seemed he was not used to complimenting anyone, except maybe himself which made it that more humorous to Savacea. After her laughter died off she gave him a big smile, displaying her fangs once more, "Well it is good to know what you really think of me Loda." She teased the man before her, winking at him.

He mentioned living in the dormitories and about the ghosts and she shuddered, I stay there myself. At least there was not a woman in your room at the time of their intrusion." Mirth played in her eyes at what she meant by that, she was becoming tired and her will to hold back such comments had just left her completely. Too tired to be as guarded as she once was she let it slipped and blushed slightly, hoping he would get her joke and not be offended by the innuendo. She could not help her eyes as they admired the man when he yawned, stretching his large arms in the air, her eyes glanced at the muscles and tawny skin, she could not help but find it attractive, what woman wouldn't? She glanced away quickly hoping he did not notice her admiring looks. She had to stop herself from staring at the man so much, she blamed it on being tired, that was why she was relaxing this much around him, not that she trusted him..or did she?

Her eyes roamed back to him at his question, she had not left her people and came to Black Rock her adventure was more vast then that, she thought for a moment as to what to give the man, he liked to give short answers, "I did not leave my people and came here. I left my people when I was younger, for reasons that were so naive and stupid." She sighed and decided it was okay to trust him with this piece of information, it wouldn't hurt..or at least she hoped it wouldn't "I left Kalinor when I was 16, because I was in love with a man, my father did not love me, and my step mother abused me. We went to the city of Alvadas, it was there that this man showed me the true nature of people and life. The cruel, painful reality shattered my dreams of hope and love, so he left..me. He left me for a human whore." Savacea gritted out, rage making her delicate body shake slightly and she had to stop walking or she would fall. "At one point he made me feel alive, like we could do anything as long as we were together. Love could conqueror all, or so I thought...Until I found in making love to that human whore." She could not help it, her fangs extended then at being riled with so much rage, "I realized that love did not exist and people only hurt you, life is cruel and full of pain. I wait for the day to sink my fangs into him, to fill him with my poison, and suck his liquefied innards from his body." Her tone was vicious and full of pain and anger. She inhaled a deep breath, trying to calm her shaking body, and forcing the tears back to not fall, though her eyes were full of a mist. "I left Alvadas and came her to Black Rock, to work on my craft of poisons, to become stronger so I can never be hurt again." She said this in a whisper, it was laced with a coldness as her guard came back up and she started walking again, this time ahead of Loda so he could not see the tears that now fell from her red eyes.

He could see the tears if he were to walk beside her, though she tried to hide it. She wiped at her face with her hands, sniffling her nose. She hated feeling weak, if it would not break every bone in her hand she would punch a wall. That was not a luxury afforded to her though, instead she let the anger go slowly, as the tears streamed down her face at the wounds still fresh from the betrayal of all those who said they loved her but did not, those who were supposed to love her but did not. She made a small whimper and cursed herself, she had to suck it up, to be stronger and not let this man of strength see her at such a weak and pathetic state, she could only fathom what he thought of her now, acting like a weak child. She gritted her teeth, trying to force the tears back in, but they continued to fall.
Savacea Jovellana
Poisonous Dancer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Unexpected Views Part 2

Postby Loda on August 2nd, 2015, 8:20 am

The way the woman carried herself before was much more reserved and hidden, whereas now she revealed her fangs to him openly in a smile. In her own battle against herself, in a way, she had lost. Was he so charming and comforting to loosen a ball of spider silk like her? It was not something you could grab at with grubby fingers and untie, it took caressing it and gently pulling it apart. Too hard and it would sever and fly away from you. Whatever it was he liked it better than before now, he had decided. He loved the challenge, the fight, the battle, but he also desired peace inside at the same time. The last thing he wanted to worry about was having a person like her as an enemy; someone who could sneak silently into your room, up the wall and suck the life out of you.

The man chuckled a bit at her wink. Even their people winked. He wondered if their culture derived from Myrians or from Humans? It was something he couldn’t answer to himself but it was something he would keep close and perhaps ask an elder when he returned to Taloba. His interest was peaked when she said she stayed there herself. It actually didn’t surprise him as much as it should. It was the place to be for people like them, visitors to Black Rock.

“I would've rather had the woman to be honest”, he said blatantly. Myrians were not so hush hush about things like that. The man squinted his eyes as he stretched, not seeing the admiring eyes of the woman next to him. Upon stopping he tightened his right hand side of his chest, causing his muscle to swell and he brought an arm to hold his shoulder in doing so. It was as if he fought against the injury as well.

It didn’t take long for them to get down to the beach walking along the path, but they slowed as she answered him and even came to a stop as she explained further about her youth. Rage built up inside of her and it was good to see in Loda’s eyes. It was the first sign of strength he had seen in her. He turned to face her on the path downward. The divergent pathway that was leading them swiftly down to the beach had a cliff wall on one side, close to where Savacea was walking, that continued to rise above them as they descended further. He moved in front of her briefly on the path as if she show he was okay with stopping and to stop her should she fall down further. She seemed to be nearly shaking in anger.

As the woman’s fangs grew and grew his eyes went wide and he began to see just in fact how the woman would do as she said to her old love. She was vicious and full of anger. He had found her strength and now he almost feared she would take her rage out on him and suck him dry. Calming herself, the woman took in a deep breath and Loda raised an arm to rest on the rock to his left, Savacea’s right, and he leaned on it while watching her; cataloging all he saw once more.

He evaluated the position of her body, her hands with claws, her eyes, her fangs, and her chest down to her feet. He wasn't checking her out, just evaluating her body language, which was very important, and while evaluating her whole person, the look this time was brief. As she spoke of Alvadas and pushed forward he returned to her side, getting out of her way. She moved swifter now and left him behind, nearly charging down the path ahead of him. It was clear the woman had been hurt.

Eventually Loda made it down to the bottom a bit slower than her. Quietly he gave her a moment to herself and then came up behind her. Part of him wanted to know what she felt like physically; if her thin body was warm like a woman’s, or if it would crumple to dust at his mere touch. Her back was to him and he could tell she was crying. Off to the left down the beach he could see where his spear still sat in the sand, and although the water had come closer to it, it was fine for now.

Overcoming whatever fear the touch might bring, he reached out and touched her back. It wasn’t him sliding his hand over her or giving her back a pat, it was simply a finger reaching out to touch her shoulder, to gain her attention. With a calming voice he said, “Hah...You sound plenty strong to me.” Strength was supplied by force, battle by courage, and war by determination. In her rage she had all the qualities Myrian men and women liked, and even though she displayed them like a curse, he saw it as a blessing. He stood there a moment, stern and rugged, not bowing into her emotional state and then he would go and grab his spear from the sand. It would take a little struggle, but he produced it fine and then cleaned the wet sand off of it. With a stern shake the beam bent forcefully and snapped back to its rightful place, removing any sand that lingered. His arm felt whole again now that it was in his grasp.
Loda
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next