PM to join Nervous Chatter, Drunken Musings

Moxie meets Revali at the Rearing Stallion.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Nervous Chatter, Drunken Musings

Postby Moxie on August 12th, 2015, 4:34 pm

20th, Summer 515 Av

The Rearing Stallion was crowded as normal, with people making drunken merriment and eating what ever the cook had decided to make for dinner that day. Moxie peered over her mug of ale at the patrons, as they opened their mouths wide with laughter, causing a small smile to creep upon her lips at their behavior and looks. She swallowed the rest of the contents of ale inside her mug, delighted in the tingling feel it was causing to spread across her pale skin. Brushing her stark white hair from her face, she looked around for a person to offer a fortune to.

Everyone seemed to be boisterous this evening, preoccupied with friends, or prostitutes. She observed a smaller man, sitting in the corner away from the others as best he could be, looking around himself with wide eyes and his mouth slightly open in wonder. Moxie decided this would be the perfect person to sell her reading to, so she lifted herself up from the uncomfortable wooden chair. Depositing her payment on the table for the mug of ale she had just drank. Walking in a slight sashay towards the young looking man, she stood before him, her amethyst gaze upon his face. "Can I tell you..fortune this eve..sir?" Moxie asked a bit tentatively in her broken common. Observing the appearance of the man sitting down at the table.

He had a long nose that sat on his face, it was a bit abnormally longer then typical. The man's black hair stood on end as if he had recently been struck by lightening, and freckles spotted his soft face in a myriad pattern. He did not appear to be knight or a fighter, as his body was small and lean compared to the men who would partake in such activities. The man had light-brown eyes that where wide in wonder, as they looked upon her. She gave him a soft grin and gestured for a barmaid, the woman walked over carrying two mugs of ale. Moxie paid her for the mugs and sat down at the table before the man, "The ale..is on me.." Moxie stated, still smiling at him.

She could not gauge his age, as she herself had a youthful countenance, as typical of the Konti women. Although she was twenty-two summers, she appeared to be a young-teen in looks. Moxie was a bit naive, as she was still considered a child among her people, Konti not reaching adult hood until they were in their thirties. She rose the mug to her plush lips, taking a sip of the liquid gold trapped inside, as she peered over at the man awaiting his answer on whether or not he would let her give him his fortune.
Boxcode by Verena
Will Be Inactive for 60 Days.
Moxie
Player

Words: 101526
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2015, 11:34 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Revali on August 12th, 2015, 9:02 pm

Revali's eyes darted about the tavern, taking in the sights. There were men laughing and jostling each other about, though Revali could not tell whether they were friends or mere drunken strangers. Musicians, storytellers, and performers alike lined the walls of the busy tavern, trying their best to coax a Miza or two from one the numerous patrons. There were women flirting, gossiping, whispering their secrets to each other and giggling. This made Revali uncomfortable. What if they're talking about me? What are they saying? There was simply no way of knowing, and the thought put his nerves on edge.

Sometimes, he wasn't sure why he went to these places at all, if all they did was frighten him. But then a woman approached him directly with a gentle smile, and he remembered why. He was looking for companionship.

The woman looked younger than him, but of course, Revali was only 2, so he had no real concept of how old she might be. Her hair was soft and lush, framing her small face in a cascade of white, reaching to her petite waist and curling there as though it were embracing her. Her eyes were an inviting, otherwordly violet that enchanted the boy. Even her voice was quiet and soothing, as though she were afraid it might harm someone if she spoke too harshly.

It was this appearance, and the gentle tone that made Revali accept her offer. Though he did not drink, Revali took the mug of ale from the woman with an appreciative smile. He was not about to turn down the polite gift, especially while she was watching. Gesturing for her to sit at the table with him, Revali nodded in response to her question. Could she be nervous? The idea seemed absurd to the kelvic- for such a beautiful, ethereal woman to be nervous- but he knew no other reason for her to be speaking in such fragments.

"Of c-course. I would l-love to, to have my fortune t-t-told. I'm R-revali, or Val, if you have t-trouble saying it l-like me It's nice to, to meet you."

He smiled at her weakly and ran his fingers through his hair, tugging on the ends habitually. He hoped that his stutter didn't bother her too much. He knew some people hated it, him among them. He wished he could turn it off, so that his voice might be smooth as his fortune teller's, but he knew that such a thing would never happen.

"May I ask how you're g-going to, to do it, Ma'am? I d-don't suppose you r-read ale, do, do you?" Asked Val. The boy swished his ale around in the mug before him to emphasize his point, with a short bark of added laughter at his own joke.
Last edited by Revali on August 13th, 2015, 2:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
6/8 Active Threads
Have some time? Come leave a peer review
Revali
'Fraidy 'Kat

Words: 45187
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2015, 3:34 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Moxie on August 13th, 2015, 2:12 am

She was happy to see the young man before her accept the ale. It was an offer of kindness, to spark a conversation, to ease her nerves as well as his if he was nervous. He nodded that she could indeed tell him his fortune, making her eyes twinkle with excitement. Moxie was happy to be able to have something to do, besides watching the drunkards make merriment, sloshing their ale as they jostled and joked with one another. She kept her purple gaze on his dark one, watching him as he spoke. The stutter was endearing, making her face brighten, it was rather adorable to her. "Yay! I am excited..to read your fortune. I am Moxie.. Nice to meet you.. Val." Moxie's voice came out like spun silk, although broken as her common was not fluent yet. She watched as the man gave a weak smile, his fingers running through his black hair, tugging on the ends.

Moxie wondered if she was making him nervous, it almost made her pout at the thought. She did not want him to be uncomfortable around her, but rather relaxed. She decided then that she would do what she could to relax the young man. Perhaps the stuttering was due to him being nervous, it was really adorable either way. He spoke once more asking how she would give him his fortune, making a joke about reading it in the ale. Her laughter bubbled out in a soft singsong at his joke, shaking her head, "No.. your palm." Moxie reached across the table with her left hand, turning his hand palm up and holding it, softly she traced a line on his palm with the index finger of her right hand then looked up into his eyes, "Like this.. the lines are riddles.. telling fortune for those who.. pay attention." She explained with a bright smile, holding his gaze for a moment, then looked back down at his up-turned palm.

To begin her fortune telling, Moxie decided to use the mark of her patron Goddess Avalis. Val would never know nor feel anything to indicate that she had done so. She traced the lines on his palms, closing her eyes and opening them as she delved into the Chavena. It was beautiful, as many Chavi were set in a motion that made them weave to and fro, like a basket weave, some spiraling others just drifting in the space. They were beautiful to behold in this dark space between the mortal world and the divine. The Chavi was in constant motion, twirling and intertwining, she tried her best to find Val's among the other's as they weaved in and out in the divine. They were all colorful, like an opal, refracting a luminescence that was breathtaking. Moxie went deeper inside a Chavi strand that she hoped was Val, she only had the first mark and could only vaguely view his past if it was the correct strand. The tangle of shapes and lights drifted, like the tentacles of jellyfish she had seen while swimming in the ocean, pulsating with a colorful light. As Moxie drifted in the divine world, leaving the material world she sought out the knowledge she was looking for. Tapping in to the Chavi, she saw brief glimpses of a past. Nothing that was very tangible, but vague. She was not sure how to interpret what she was seeing, as the images flashed by quickly before her eyes. Then the images began to slow, she saw a woman, who appeared to be an artist of some kind, a little boy learning how to draw, the woman was alone there was no father, then she saw that the woman passed away, the boy was full of sadness. Moxie pulled out of the Chavena, returning to her physical shell. What felt like many minutes, was actually only a few breaths as she softly traced the lines on his palm.

"There was a woman in your life... Skilled artist... Taught you how to draw... She is passed now... Is this your mother?" Moxie asked, still holding his hand in hers, not tracing the lines anymore but cupping his hand in a gentle hold as if a friend would another's to give them strength to speak on a tender subject. Moxie gazed into his eyes, a sad look on her features as she waited for his answer to her question, squeezing his hand in a tender way, to show that she cared and she did not mean to ask something that would upset him. "You do not.. have to answer.. if you wish not to.." Moxie said in a faint voice, almost a whisper that passed through her plush lips. Not wanting to cause the man any harm, even emotional harm, she gave him a way out if he wanted it.
Boxcode by Verena
Will Be Inactive for 60 Days.
Moxie
Player

Words: 101526
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2015, 11:34 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Revali on September 16th, 2015, 12:17 am

Moxie... He thought, as he watched her carefully examine his palm. What a pretty name.

Her rouged lips moved ever so slightly as she breathed silently in the noisy tavern. She closed her eyes briefly. Her fingers danced over the lines on his hands, her eyes focused on something far away when they reopened. He watched her large violet eyes drift as she read his palms, idly wondering what she saw there. He wondered if she could tell that he was intimidated by her beauty and by her personal skill, or if she knew that he was stuttering worse than normal because of it.

He wondered if he could hide certain things from her. Perhaps he could mask his loneliness? Or his inability or maintain friendships due to his anxiety? Hai, he thought, I wonder...If I could let her see the good things I've done. Wouldn't that be nice? And then she could tell me what good things I will do!

But he did not have to think nor wonder very long. Soon enough, she held her head up and looked him straight in the eye to ask him questions about his past. Again, he wondered if she could see something in his eyes, but he said nothing of it, for fear of sounding foolish.

"Yes. My...My m-mother. She t-taught me to, to draw. As best she c-could, at least. She passed on awhile ago. Uh, last year. It was...she was...We were close."
6/8 Active Threads
Have some time? Come leave a peer review
Revali
'Fraidy 'Kat

Words: 45187
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2015, 3:34 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes