[Note by Crosspatch] Morgan

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Morgan

Postby Morgan the 7th on August 21st, 2015, 8:03 am

Morgan

Appearance

Race: Human
Caste: Yesi (Youth)
Age: 17, although Morgan wouldn't know that expressly, since she has had no use to counting her years.
Birthday: 15, Summer, 498.
Birthplace: Wind Reach

Appearance:
Morgan wears her dark, nearly black hair short, and almost always in a very utilitarian, tight bun, quite high on her head. Her facial features are mixed, with a light, yellowish skin tone, but a strong nose, and perhaps, she thinks, eyebrows a grade too bushy. Her eyes, amongst her most striking features, are impossibly deep blue.

Her cloths are rather bland and uninteresting, a thick cotton shirt, browned with age and filth, heavy bearing pants, perhaps a bit too short, given her anomalous height, and leave her in the water if she fully extends her legs. Her jacket and boots are the most well-kept aspect of her attire, that she habitually cleans and oils, many times a day, if left to her own devices. They are indeed, the last she has of her family.

Her jacket is a handmedown. It had belonged to Morgan the 6th, and apparently, before him, Morgan the 5th, before her, Morgan the 4th. It smells comforting, of the ages, of musk, sweat, toil and blood; of nature, grass, the howling mountain winds, and fresh snow; of the world, travelling companions, violent struggle, and hard work; and mostly, of Morgan, the package of embalming materials, the sweets he kept in his pockets, that melted, the oil he used to keep his sword.

Whilst very slight, and definitely very skinny, you would be wrong to call her emaciated, even though life on her own for some years has left her a bit lighter than what would be ideal. Despite this, she's very tall for her gender, and very tall indeed for her age, at a practically colossal 5'9", which is perhaps the most consistently notable thing about her. In the end, the most telling thing about her, for all her guarded-ness, is that she walks with a wide, determined gait, if perhaps foolhardy, for one who lives off the wilds. Or perhaps, that's telling of how incredibly foolhardy she truly is, that she would even try.

Character Concept

My plan with this character is to explore, for my own personal interest, the caste system of Wind Reach. I'd be most interested to see just how fluid the system is, and how well it fits to each person. The most interesting thing to me about her, though, is what I think the public might think of someone who, in such a hard area, sticks to a job that may seem to most at the least, unnecessary and unprofitable, and at the worst, utterly useless and incredibly fatal.

For now, the idea is that she works as a sort of freelance maledictor, working on deceased family members to make heirlooms, perhaps making hunting trinkets for the eagles and other hunters out of their hunted animals' bones, things along like that. Indeed, my eventual goal is to make her into a sort of monster hunter, as perhaps crazy as that sounds. The best malediction is done with powerful bones, so powerful bones she hunts. Or, I suppose, intends to hunt.

Character History

Morgan, since her earliest memories, had only every had Morgan. That is, Morgan the 6th. Morgan the 6th wasn't her father, she knew. He didn't even claim to be. He just... was. They just were. Every time, whenever they traveled and perhaps stayed at an inn, or were buying victuals, she'd start to explain that they weren't related, but Morgan would always shush her, and the person would say they knew.

Morgan the 7th never understood why the knew, and any time she might ask Morgan the 6th, he'd say they knew Morgan the 5th, and that she'd have the same problem with Morgan the 8th. Assuming, he would continue, you're not so incompetent as to get yourself killed by some burly creature. Or a Monster, he'd finish. Or both, he'd finally finish. Heh, he'd smile, his eyes crinkling like a paper folded several times too many, Or all three at once, he'd finish once again. Then Morgan got a sweet.

Morgan didn't understand, she'd think, why they traveled so much, or why they really could travel so much. Morgan the 6th seemed to be unworried about danger, monsters and slavers and bandits. Every time they left a city, and every time she woke up, or thought about it on the path, she'd get nervous, terrified even, and look around her, trying to see the evils all around her, but then Morgan the 6th would pull her close, and the smell of him, the embalming fluids, the musk of a centuries old jacket, the sound of breath flowing through his chest, it calmed her, and she continued on, pacified until the next time it happened. What scared her the most, however, is that whatever Morgan the 6th had done, he'd never passed on to Morgan the 7th, and now, as was all to clear, she was stuck, unable to fend for herself enough to leave Wind Reach, before misfortune and evils turned her back.

Due to having been living in the lands around Wind Reach, she's come to be more familiar with the ways of living off what little viable lands and victuals are available to her than she'd ever done before. In all her life, she'd had Morgan, her Morgan, to look out for her, to make sure she was fed, warm, and happy. and now that he's gone... Well, she might think, Tough times have made themselves felt.

Morgan the 6th had always stressed the importance of their work, being heirloom malediction. That people were sympathetic, miserable, pitiful old creatures, and that the illusions of a happier, older time kept them going, kept them grinding endlessly on. He was always saying that, day in, day out. Every time they ate, every time they entered a town, every time the finished a clients order, every time, every time. And perhaps... He was right, Morgan would think, staring at her glinting boots, and as the sour scent of her jacket wafts to her nose.

Language

Fluent Language: Common
Basic Language: Nari

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Malediction 15rb 15sp 30 Competent
Wilderness Survival (Mountains) 10sp 10 Novice
Mountaineering 10sp 10 Novice
Emalming 10sp 10 Novice
Weapn: Spear 5sp 5 Novice

Lores

Helpful Lores: (Pick 2)
Lore of Kalean Cultures
Lore of Importance of Castes

Possessions

1 Set of Clothing
-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Very Old Jacket
-Tall Leather Boots
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Bone)
-Brush (Bone)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week's worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
100 Pinions
3 Half spears
Embalming Equipment
A parcel of Malediction Equipment
-Carving knife
-Detail Brush
-2 Jars, and ink to go in.

Heirloom: The Very Old Jacket. Centuries old, covered in patches where it had broken, and wearing thin anywhere it hadn't, it had belonged to Morgan the 6th (and the 5th, and the 4th), a friend and guardian. It smells in equal measure, terrifying and comforting, but always powerfully.

Housing

House: Lives out of a tent, saddlebags, and her fat, cream colored mountain horse, Morgan the 8th.

Ledger

Purchase Cost Remaining
Embalming Materials 10 Pinions 90 Pinions
3 Halfspears 3 Pinions 87 pinions
2 Jars 10 gm 77 pinions
20 ink sticks 6 gm 71 pinions
detail brush 5 sm 70 pinions, 5 Silver Miza
Carving Knife 5 gm 65 pinions, 5 Silver Miza

Thread List

Link your current & past threads here!
Last edited by Morgan the 7th on August 26th, 2015, 1:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
Morgan the 7th
Nightclaw

Words: 11096
Joined roleplay: August 19th, 2015, 10:49 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Morgan the 7th

Postby Crosspatch on August 24th, 2015, 7:53 am

Hello there!

I'm Crosspatch, one of the friendly CS Liaisons on Mizahar! I've been looking over your Character Sheet, and I have noticed some minor issues that need to be resolved and fixed. Sadly these need to be done before you can continue roleplaying, so let's take a look at them shall we?

• The Character name must contain your Character’s name and nothing else - i.e. no titles, no "the 7th". You can make this change through the user control panel.
  • Yasi is a term used in Wind Reach for people aged eight to fifteen. Because your character is currently 17 she would not be considered a Yasi and instead belong to one of the other classes. Also as she is an outsider to Wind Reach (and is essentially classed as a visitor) she must also make arrangements with the Valinator for temporary housing and employment. Please fix this.
  • Due to being Novice in Wilderness Survival can you please clearly state somewhere the one environment type your PC is familiar with? (Example types include: Desert, Forest, Hills, Marsh, Mountains, Plains, Sea or Underground).
  • Please label your weapon skill as “Weapon: Weapon name.” For example to use a Spear it would be labelled as “Weapon: Spear“.
  • So you are aware, the majority of Wind Reach is actually within a mountain so there would not be any real space for putting up a tent.

Once these problems have been dealt with, drop me a PM and I'll remove this intervention and approve your CS for you. Also if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask and I'll do my best to answer!

Crosspatch
Crosspatch
The multicoloured bear

Words: 180521
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2013, 9:14 pm
Race: Staff account
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)