PM to join [The Bronze Woods] Hunter, Meet Horse [Crystal]

Crystal happens upon Beodan in the woods.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[The Bronze Woods] Hunter, Meet Horse [Crystal]

Postby Beodan Clathony on August 30th, 2015, 3:33 am

Crystal’s hand was rough and warm, much like his own. Though her calluses were from gripping a bow and likely skinning the animals she had killed, while his were from tending and processing plants. His work was lighter and more diverse, so his hands still retained some of their softness. He easily threaded his fingers through hers, the new position more comfortable as one of their hands did not have to be held at an odd angle. With his free arm he pushed aside low hanging branches and vines that crossed their path, touching them almost tenderly, like a seamstress would a length of silk.

"So what is it like living in the Bronze Woods? I'd imagine you can eat just about anything plantwise, and for a herbalist this place is perfect.. but what about winter? Forgive me, I'm just a bit curious. I'd like to know as much as you can tell me about Kelvics as well," his companion asked, breaking the comfortable silence that had settled over them. The wind was blowing strongly up in the treetops, the ebb and flow of rustling leaves serving to relax him. It eased the flow of his thoughts. After letting the serene moment stretch on, he answered, “I love it, I would hate living in the depths of that castle all day. It’s just so peaceful out here, you know? No bustling people all over the place. And the city is close enough that I can just walk there if I need anything.”

Dan scratched the back of his head and laughed, “You got me, I can eat well in my horse form just by wandering in the woods to graze.” He led her around a giant fallen tree, moss and fungi growing on the underside of the trunk, already decaying. “The winter is not much different, just a little colder. It almost never snows, only one year in my entire life! So the grass doesn’t die and most herbs survive the winter. I definitely use the fire pit a lot more though!” he finished with a smile returning hers. They were only a few chimes away from his abode now, the forest was starting to look increasingly homelike. “Oh, and I don’t mind, I used to get scolded for asking too many questions. By my teacher no less!” he continued, clearing his throat to buy himself the time to think about what she might want to know about Kelvics.

“Well, first of all, we don’t live as long as most humans. I am only six years old, and I appear to be older than you. Unfortunately, some people are really bigoted and don't like us very much.” His voice fell, and he gestured over his shoulder to the crisscrossing of whip scars on his back. The skin of his upper back was more scar tissue than unblemished flesh. He did not speak until they had reached the clearing that held his tent. Gesturing broadly with an arm, he presented, “Anyway, here we are! Home sweet home.” Potted plants were arranged in rows on either side of the pavilion’s entrance, a fire pit lay halfway between them and the tent. Right next to them was a garden filled with free plants. He pointed at a shrub with deep purple flowers and black, round berries, “There is the nightshade. Belladonna, or the Beautiful Woman. Apt,” he said with a smile. Pulling open the tent flap, he ushered her inside, “Please, come in.”
Beodan Clathony
The Horse Herbalist

Words: 228292
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2015, 9:49 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Crystal Nightshade on August 30th, 2015, 3:43 pm

The man intertwined their fingers together, and Crystal began to panic. Had he noticed hoping th rough her hands were? Did he care? Maybe she could get them back into a more soft texture.. Unlike Beodan, Crystal recognized that her hands were rough and her calluses weren't very ladylike. Then again, it wasn't like she cared. She had always had rough hands, she had just never had anyone touch them except her family. Ah, I'm self conscious, she realized it quickly. Following him wirelessly she listened to him explain.

She chuckled a bit in response. "I guess that's true, it is quite busy in Syliras. Though I can't say I would want to live into the wilderness. I think I'd be lonely." She could also say she wouldn't want to live anywhere else, but that was because she'd never been anywhere else. Would she if she did know? "I'm biased because this is my home, I've never known anything, anywhere, else." With that said, he explained the winter to her. Right, there is overhang here. It probably blocks the snow, she assumed. How convenient. And a fire bit kept him warm? What about the icy winds? Wouldn't they put out his flames? "Well, my father was always telling me to ask questions, but most though it rude." She said with a laugh.

Though her smile then turned into a frown as he explained the scars on his body. "Sure I was afraid of you at first, but that was because I didn't know anything about you. Or what you were. What happened to you was unacceptable." She said, narrowing her eyes. It truly upset her that someone would do this to another. Of course, she'd never thought of it before, but she was doing it to animals. I do it to survive, not for some kind of sick training or pleasure. Snapping from her thoughts, Crystal was shocked to find a pavilion right before her. Plants and herbs adorned around it. "Beautiful," She said as she accepted his invitation to enter.
Crystal Nightshade
Intellectual Seeker

Words: 79860
Joined roleplay: August 28th, 2015, 9:10 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Beodan Clathony on August 30th, 2015, 4:32 pm

OOCTake a look at my CS and scroll to the housing section. There is a crude ms paint drawing of Dan’s abode, which might be helpful :)

“Beautiful.” Beodan smiled at her compliment, happy that she found his home to her liking. He stepped inside after her, letting the heavy fabric of the entrance fall back into place. “Take as seat on the couch, if you’d like. I’ll come and join you in a chime,” he said, lighting lamps that cast the room in a charismatically flickering, warm light. He picked up a kettle from the floor, water sloshing around as it moved, and set it on top of the desk lamp. This one seemed to be alter to be able to boil water, with a makeshift stand to hold up pots and the like. “Would you like some tea? I make the best!” he offered, grabbing two glazed clay cups from the shelveset to the right of the desk. The insides were polished from many pourings of his favorite liquid, leaving an amber shine to it.

As the water slowly heated, the Herbalist was a blur of activity, collecting ingredients for their tea. A few leaves of peppermint, some Vyfox for health, a tiny bit of Connal to calm the mind, a few leaves of thyme, a little of this, a little of that. He took these out of jars and hanging plants, even going outside quickly to retrieve some peppermint. By the thyme he had finished, the water had boiled. He poured the steaming water over the dry and fresh leaves, watching happily as they absorbed it and turned darker shades of green. To give something back, they made the water become the most heavenly drink; tea! He brought the two cups with him as he sat down on the couch next to her, holding one out for her to take. His own glass he just held, watching the water vapor twist and curl as it passed the rim and into the light.

Finally, he replied to her earlier comment. With a melancholy look on his face, Beodan reflected, “It does get lonely, sometimes. More so lately than before.. before she left me. I like the solitude, for a while, then I feel the need to be with someone. Like a terrible ache in my chest.” He placed a hand with clawed fingers over his heart, slowly clenching them together into a fist. He looked up from his mesmerizing cup, and gazed into her sapphire eyes. “Thank you for coming. It...It means a lot. To me,” he murmured, sheepishly scratching his arm. OH! He stood up suddenly, and apologized, “I’m sorry! I’m probably still making you uncomfortable. Hold on.” He brushed passed a line of hanging plants over to his bed, and donned his undergarments without shame, coming back to sit next to her.
Beodan Clathony
The Horse Herbalist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Crystal Nightshade on August 30th, 2015, 6:10 pm

When Crystal said beautiful, she meant absolutely gorgeous. Over head there was a lofty overhang of different plants, and the pavilion was large enough for a simple bed a makeshift kitchen and couch, and a desk and bookshelf. She was mesmerized, it was so beautiful. She look around until he invited her to sit, and when he turned his back to her she immediately looked away as he set to work. "I would love some."

She gave him a sympathetic smile as he explained being left behind. She knew the feeling, but she had overcome that trial. Now it was Beodan's turn to survive it. No matter what she said, it was up to him wether or not he recovered. She waited until he finished to speak. "If your lonely, you could, well," She squirmed in her seat a bit before taking charge and blurting out a sentence. "You could always come visit me.. I mean, I understand what it's like to lose something important. I lost both my parents at a young age, eventually had to sell our old home to pay off our debt. Oh, but.. you don't know where I live. Um, I guess I could visit you from time to time?" She flushed as she realized she was rambling. She mentally smacked herself before shifting again in her seat.

Taking a sip of tea, she nodded thankfully as he left to put on some clothing. Thankful he was no longer naked, she continued to speak when he returned. She turned to him and smiled. "You know, I haven't had any outing with friends for a long time. It feels nice to just kick back and relax for once." She said cheerfully. She took another sip and relished the taste. "This is wonderful tea by the way."
0/2 Threads
Have time to visit the Gardening skill?
Crystal Nightshade
Intellectual Seeker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Beodan Clathony on August 30th, 2015, 8:20 pm

A small smiled flashed on Beodan’s face for just a moment, his mood lifted briefly by her look of sympathy. Crystal cared, even if it was just the smallest amount. She must know what it is like to lose someone so close to you. "If you're lonely, you could, well.” She paused, her nails folding into the pads of her hands. Seeming to steel herself, she blurted in a single breath, “You could always come visit me.. I mean, I understand what it's like to lose something important. I lost both my parents at a young age, eventually had to sell our old home to pay off our debt. Oh, but.. you don't know where I live. Um, I guess I could visit you from time to time?” His eyes lit up once she had started, only twinkling more and more as she reached the conclusion of her speech. Not just company now, but potential visits in the future? He happily invited, “I’d love to have you anytime! And if you get sick, or wounded, come see me. I’ll fix you right up!”

Growing more somber, the Kelvic continued, “I’m sorry about your parents. I never knew mine either. My bondmate didn’t die, at least I don’t think so. I can still feel her, alive somewhere. But the bond is decaying as moons pass.” He wrapped his arms around his chest, hugging himself, “It hurts.” He fell silent, not knowing what else to say. The words could not describe all that he felt, but carried a heavy weight as the left his mouth. Thankfully, Crystal turned to a more positive topic of conversation. "You know, I haven't had any outing with friends for a long time. It feels nice to just kick back and relax for once." His chocolate eyes practically glowed, melting into the sweet candy substance children enjoyed. He was.. her friend? He mouthed the oh so beautiful word to himself, ‘friend’. He had maybe a handful of friends on this earth, and had only met those recently. The social anxiety of his youth must have been lifting slightly!

Realizing he had not answered her, he replied, “Yeah, it’s nice! I wish people like you would visit more often. Going to the Rearing Stallion for company is a gamble sometimes.” Tangentially, he asked, “Do you like ale? I used to hate it, but it grew on me. An acquired taste perhaps? I’m glad you enjoy the tea, it should help you fight off any sicknesses as the weather grows colder.” He gave her a sly smile, “But, you will have to keep coming back for more, okay?” He mirrored her and brought his own cup to his lips, closing his eyes to better enjoy the flavorful liquid. He could pick out all the ingredients, the Connal was the hardest to find as he had put so little. Mostly peppermint and thyme for the throat. He sighed contentedly, looking at her warmly, “So, are you living with anyone?”

OOCOn Syliran weather, in the winter, the temperature does not dip below 40 degrees F, only very rarely. So snow isn’t a problem. Think more of just a time where it is always “gray and boggy”, with frequent rains. It is one of the mildest winters in Mizahar. Sorry I meant to put this in the last post, but forgot by the time I finished. Better late than never, right?
Beodan Clathony
The Horse Herbalist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Crystal Nightshade on August 30th, 2015, 10:55 pm

"That had better be a promise Dan. Otherwise I might have to enter uninvited." She said, smiling warmly. She was pleased to have found someone to speak to, more so because it had been so long since she'd laughed, or had a genuine smile. And Beodan had given her both. She had been working so hard on making her parents our of her skills, but not to make them happy by being happy. This man, er, Kelvic had reminded her of that. She felt better than she had in ages, more alive even.

Her mood dropped a bit at the mention of him not knowing his parents, and even if she didn't know what a bondmate was, she could tell it was important to him. Crystal put her hand on his shoulder and gave him a gentle, comforting squeeze. "Whenever you need to talk, I'm happy to listen." She said reassuringly. She hoped he at least found a bit of comfort in her words because she meant them. He was a friend, one she would learn from. So she felt it her responsibility to protect and comfort him.

Rearing Stallion? She'd never been there, though she could faintly remember hearing the name before. Ah, right. It was a tavern. A loud, sweaty, drunken gathering place. Her father had never consumed alcohol, at least not in front of her. Her mother was the same. "I've never tried it. I usually stick to coffee. I've, uh, never been in a tavern before, only heard about them." She admitted sheepishly.

A more comfortable, and if possible warmer, smile worked it's way onto her lips. "Of course, tea this great is hard to come by." She said happily. Taking another long sip, she smiled sadly and spoke quietly. "I don't. I usually keep to myself nowadays. Though, now I have another reason to visit the woods more often." She said with glee before sipping her tea once more. She hummed in content.
0/2 Threads
Crystal Nightshade
Intellectual Seeker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Beodan Clathony on August 31st, 2015, 2:18 am

"Whenever you need to talk, I'm happy to listen.” Beodan nodded once, giving her a short grateful smile. Crystal’s hand was hot on his shoulder, likely warmed by the cup she held. The spot emanated tingles, as his body realized it craved human touch. He unconsciously pressed himself into her palm, increasing the pressure ever so slightly. He stayed silent, not wanting to shatter the thin, happy moment with an ill placed word. Kelvic’s tended to be open with their affections, not having the same social barriers that normal humans did. The could be taught to behave in society, but never could lose their animal half’s nature. It just was who they were.

His guest replied lightly, "I've never tried it. I usually stick to coffee. I've, uh, never been in a tavern before, only heard about them." Dan raised an eyebrow in disbelief. He could understand not liking a tavern, and avoiding them after your first visit. But to never go in even to just get some dinner or an interesting person to talk to. “I recommend it! The owners are nice, and even though it looks a little seedy, it is actually pretty tame. They always have a warm hearth and hot food. I go there a lot more often when the colder weather sets in. The fire pit I have just doesn’t feel the same as theirs. They also...” He trailed off as heat suffused his cheeks, spreading to his ears. His past embarrassment was three years old, and yet still cringe worthy. It illustrated his naivety and innocence, which he had improved upon since then.

“Uh, well, a pretty lady came up to me, and started flirting. Only I didn’t know what that was at the time, so I thought she wanted to be friends. She sat close to me at the booth, and after a few chimes, invited me to follow her outside. I, er.. found out the offer… companionship,” the Kelvic finished, shaking his head at the memory. “Most inns in the city do, as I now know.” He hoped the small personal anecdote would help her form a better picture of the tavern scene. “Coffee huh? I am pretty sure it might be that, not the sun, that has dyed your skin!” he joked with a crooked grin, then saying more seriously, “I’ve had a cup or two, but never liked it. Too bitter, and honey made it taste odd. Have you been to (ahem) the bean? Very interesting man works there.”

Crystal gave him a sad smiled and murmured, "I don't. I usually keep to myself nowadays. Though, now I have another reason to visit the woods more often." He pressed his shoulder against hers, scooting closer on the couch, offering his physical support. He let her take a sip of tea, smiling at her when she hummed at the taste. Still curious, he asked, “Where do you live? Up in the city? Or are you staying at an inn or apartment, or something? And how often do you go hunting?”
Beodan Clathony
The Horse Herbalist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Crystal Nightshade on September 2nd, 2015, 12:06 am

Crystal didn't lean away or back off as he leaned against her hand. She felt his hurt as her own, and knowing part of what he was going through didn't ease it. She let the silence stay before replying. The Kelvic's body language suggested he didn't really believe her, but he eventually responded with encouragement and details.

"Well.. maybe. I'm nervous about what I'd be like as a drunk. I probably can't hold my alcohol well." She said with a laugh, only half joking. She was generous about her drunken state of mind. Would she be playful, or violent? She didn't know, and most likely wouldn't take a chance to find out. A lot of people often left there drunk, stayed there drunk, or went to taverns to get drunk. She didn't know whether or not to join them or stay on the sidelines. "Then there are a few drunks that make others feel uncomfortable." She nodded stiffly as he explained his experience, shifting uncomfortably in her seat. She wouldn't comment on it, as it looked to be uncomfortable for them both.

She laughed at his comment before her smile turned a grin. She couldn't believe he didn't like coffee. If made right with just the perfect richness and mixture of sweet... it was heavenly. She could talk for hours about it, but instead she would simply shorten it to a few sentences. "I suppose it's an acquired taste. It would've been ideal to invite you to coffee, but I'll settle for your tea anytime." She emphasized by taking a few more sips of her tea. She then nodded. "I go to the bean early in the morning before work. Though I never talk to anyone.."

She was grateful for his contact, offering her a rock to cling to. She let a storm of emotions out in one breath before answering his questions. "Haha, slow down friend. I live up in the city, a small home in Stormhold Citadel. There a bit small, but I don't know what I'd do if I had more space." She chuckled before continuing. "I usually hunt every two days."
0/2 Threads
Crystal Nightshade
Intellectual Seeker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Beodan Clathony on September 3rd, 2015, 3:32 am

"I suppose it's an acquired taste. It would've been ideal to invite you to coffee, but I'll settle for your tea anytime," Crystal praised. Beodan watched happily as she brought the steaming cup to her lips for a few mouthful. Flattering words had nothing on flattering actions. She continued, "I go to the bean early in the morning before work. Though I never talk to anyone.." His eyes bobbed out. From what he could remember, the types of coffee go pretty expensive as you increased the quality of the beans. That expense could add up if you made it routine. To a person that rarely kept costly habits and lived simply, she awed him. “So it’s not very busy then? Or do you just keep to yourself?” he asked, curious to how it compared with Stormhold Salves, his usual place.

She laughed at his thunder of questions, then answered, “I live up in the city, a small home in Stormhold Citadel. There a bit small, but I don't know what I'd do if I had more space. I usually hunt every two days." Dan nodded, thinking of the one room lots that the Citadel contained. “I’ve been in one before. I lived there with my bondm-.. someone for a while,” he said, changing the direction of his sentence at a wince of pain. He gave her a small smile then agreed, “I feel you, if I had anything bigger than this pavilion, I wouldn't know what to do with all that extra room. Probably more plants!”

“It really is a wonder you happened upon me then, isn’t it?” the Kelvic mused. It must have been fate twisting them together. For his own trip to coincide with hers, and to have them be in the same neck of the woods. Well, that was just ridiculous! And for the scary hunter to have been pleasant company was nearly impossible. He hoped to be able to call her a friend, when the day was done.
Beodan Clathony
The Horse Herbalist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Crystal Nightshade on September 6th, 2015, 7:59 am

"I just keep to myself. I usually only have time to get the coffee and go." She answered. An expensive hunger yes, but one she would continue to feed. While she could that is. Coffee was something her father treated her to. She loved it, so did he. They would often spend time together at the bean. Though she was young then. He spoke of something, but changed his words. Something she caught on to, but decided not to pry. Besides, whatever it was caused him pain, pain she didn't want to bring back full force.

She chuckled at his thought for use of space. More plants wasn't bad, it was just.. he had tons of plants around him, what others could he possibly need? "I think more plants is the last thing you need." She replied, gesturing around the room. She could've stepped out and gestured to the post of flowers and herbs in front of his tent, but she refrained. "If you needed more there is tons outside." She added evenly. Perhaps she'd fill her space with training equipment? She smiled softly and nodded. "Fate indeed played a role in this." Agreement clear in her tone.

Taking out the rest of her tea, she sat the cup gently on the table and thanked Beodan. It was nice of him to offer, even more to a stranger. Speaking of.. "Now that I think of it, do you always invite strangers who try to hunt you home?" She said with a light chuckle. She thought it odd how one moment changed the course of action taken. Had he not have transformed, clung to life... would he be dead? Possibly. She shuddered to think it. She turned toward Beodan, giving him her gull attention. What in Eyris' name had passed the Kelvic to invite a possibly dangerous hunter into his home?

OOCSorry for the lateness. I'll be trying to keep up now, since I have a few days to myself~
0/2 Threads
Crystal Nightshade
Intellectual Seeker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext