Kids... (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Kids... (Open)

Postby Silwyn on December 1st, 2010, 3:39 am

OOC- going to try this again

44 of Fall, Year 510 AV

Silwyn was rather excited, she had finally finished her latest piece of work, and was just getting ready to go drop it off to an acquaintance of hers who worked as a seamstress.

Silwyn patted the cotton cloth she had just dyed, just to be certain that it had dried off completely, and the color wouldn't run on the way over, or drip out across the floor, and dye things not intended to be dyed. It was.

Silwyn smiled at her latest masterpiece- a mixture of all her favorite fall colors, blended together, yet, not so much so where it seemed like a tie-dyed mess, or one big splotch of brown, which happened sometimes when you were trying to make colored lines, but weren't careful enough, or perhaps, skilled enough.

No, the cloth had bands of all of her favorite fall colors- interspersed together, and woven into a web that would remind anyone that looked at it of the colorful autumn leaves that they so rarely got to enjoy up in Mt. Skyinarta, well, certainly if they weren't eagle riders.

The cloth had various shades of red- from crimson to ruby, and oranges, and yellows, as well as browns to even things out. To Silwyn, she couldn't have done a better job.

More than happy to have finished, and be able to deliver her work, Silwyn carefully folded the cloth in her arms, walked out the door to her apartment, and walked down a few narrow passageways in the direction of her acquaintance's work place.

While she was walking, she hummed a tune that reminded her of the way Anhasha used to when she was working. The thought sent a short pain through her heart, but it was gone as soon as it had come.

As she continued walking, she heard something approaching her from behind. It sounded like footsteps. They were coming quickly, it was as though someone was in a hurry.

Silwyn glanced over her left shoulder, and saw a young boy of maybe 9 years of age approaching her. His red hair was short, but flying around his head with the momentum built up in his run. His yellow eyes were open, intent on something, but she wasn't sure what.

As he caught up to her, he reached out his little hands and yanked the cloth out of her hands, and then continued running ahead of her. "Hey!" Silwyn called after him, as she started to run after him. "Give that back!"

But the boy was surprisingly quick, and was easily lost in a crowd of other inarta who were coming down the passageway in the opposite direction in which she was running.

Great, I lost him, she thought to herself. Not willing to break down and cry and make a fool of herself, she simply stood, wondering what to do, she needed that cloth so that she could deliver it to her friend, TODAY, the other woman was expecting it. Now what? she thought to herself.
Silwyn

Kids... (Open)

Postby Beau on December 4th, 2010, 12:51 am

The morning had been fantastic as always; he'd been with Jacen's birds. Though he'd earned a nip on his brow from his master's irate condor even most of the late morning was going smoothly as well. He weighed his options for the day and found that going to find his mother and dipping into the wine, and attempting to play the fiddle, sounded like the best idea; at the moment. He'd left the birds he adored so much and begun his trek through the mountain. Blue eyes stared longingly out of each window he passed. Just to be out there for two more minutes. His daydreams of flying in the sky were so deep that he didn't even pay attention to the crowd of people in front of him, or the small figure darting between them.

Beau collided with a woman at the back of the crowd and stepped to the side apologizing kindly when he felt a thump on his left hip, causing his leg to give out. Instinctively he snatched at the area whatever it was had collided into him, fumbling fingers closing around the waist band of a small set of bryda.

Kids. What was it that made anyone want to have one? And why did it keep happening? When the cold season was over there would be any number of new ones and they would all have to be molded into proper Inarta; a task everyone had a hand in. Beau didn't mind having the whole of his race as some kind of strange family, but he didn't want to have to deal with the little ones. They were so...."Whyyyyyy?", as if the question could correctly describe his feelings for the little people.

Once he'd picked himself up off the floor Beau scrutinized his catch not unharshly. As much as the buggers annoyed him there was a soft spot in his heart for the hard cases and miscreants among them. He still remembered how he acted as a kid, how he still acted from time to time. Most of the time. "Did you find the girl? Or were you chasing after her? No one runs about as idiotically as that unless one of their breed is involved, am I right?" He wanted to wink or smile, something to ease the look of rebelliousness from the boys face but an explanation came first.
Beau
Player

Words: 14431
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2010, 2:14 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Kids... (Open)

Postby Silwyn on December 4th, 2010, 4:13 pm

Silwyn stood around awkwardly, wondering what she should do. She watched as several inarta, and the occasional other race, mainly what she assumed to be kelvics, walked past her, paying absolutely no notice to her.

Well, that's nice, she thought to herself, chivalry really is dead. She thought as she nibbled on her bottom lip. Now what to do about that cloth?

Silwyn started walking through the crowd, a part of her praying that she would just happen upon the kid who had stolen her work, and from there, she'd be able to take it back from him, and safely deliver it to the seamstress, this time. Gosh she felt pathetic.

As she pushed through the crowds, she realized that she could hardly make people out. Everything was just a blurry mess of ginger-colored hair. Frustrated, she chose to stop again. Why me?
Silwyn

Kids... (Open)

Postby Aidara on December 6th, 2010, 4:27 pm

oocI hope you don't mind if I join..

"Are we playing tag? Brilliant. I'm in. Who is it?"

Aidara had watched the entire thing go down, as Silwyn lost her precious fabric to the probably jelly-stained fingers of the little runt. She was leaning against a pole, her ankles crossed as she munched on an apple. Shoving away from the structure, she kept her eye contact with the man and child alike, her statement having been directed at both of them However, when she had moved close enough Addy focused her gaze entirely on the thief in question. It didn't seem to bother her one bit that a nine year old boy could look her directly in the eye.

"I reckon it's you, Squirt. Gotcha. Well...actually no, he gotcha, but I thought that sounded rather smooth and professional, eh?" With a smile, the small woman reached out and plucked the fabric from the little boys hands. "Try again next time when no one is looking, kay?" A swat to the head with the bit of cloth before Addy turned to the man who held the thief by his britches. "Quick fingers, I must say. Impressive. Were you planning on taking him to The Valintar? I'll gladly join you, after I return his pretty fabric to our dyer here, if you'd like?" Addy raised a brow as her gaze raked over the man, not unappreciatively, as her left hand held out the material to Silwyn.

"Here you go sweetheart, I think he got a bit of his breakfast on that one side, but you should be able to deal with that, right?" Addy gave her a kind smile, before turning back to the man and the little boy. She was interested, now that the stolen goods had been returned, in the child's answer to the question of his motives. Addy had interfered before the boy could answer but she placed a hand on his shoulder now, her eyes moving from between him and the rather attractive man. "Well then, please answer him? Tell us why."
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Words: 946840
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 5:20 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 10
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Kids... (Open)

Postby Silwyn on December 6th, 2010, 7:47 pm

OOCYes Addy, I'm angry at you for joining my OPEN thread. Just leave. JK, welcome to the thread.

Silwyn looked up from where she was standing. Some man had cornered a kid who was holding what appeared to be her cloth. What a strange, and lucky turn of events, she thought to herself, as she walked over to him. Somehow, Addy was there too. She had seemed to come out of nowhere. At least, Silwyn hadn't noticed her on the way in. Sheesh, this girl is EVERYWHERE she thought to herself, as Addy took her cloth from the kid and held it out to her.

"Here you go sweetheart, I think he got a bit of his breakfast on that one side, but you should be able to deal with that, right?" Addy said. Sweetheart? Silwyn thought. Really Addy? Really? Silwyn started to get annoyed, and then looked down at her cloth, and got even more annoyed at the thieving little runt instead. HE GOT JAM ON THIS? she thought. HOW DARE HE.

Silwyn picked the little strawberry bits of the jam off her cloth and flicked them on the floor away from where they were standing. Great, she thought, now I have to get this out. Without ruining everything. Of course, Anhasha had never really been over cleaning out cloth with her before, so she didn't exactly know how to do that herself. Maybe she could get a dek to do it? She thought to herself. Surely one of them would know how, considering how they have a nasty tendency to get stuck spending most of their days cleaning.

Silwyn held the cloth tightly in her fingers. Taking out her frustrations to the best of her ability, without actually killing anyone. Because, to be honest, she'd love to tear the kid to shreds right about now. "Well then, please answer him? Tell us why," Addy said. Silwyn looked up. Yeah, please answer that, why?
Silwyn

Kids... (Open)

Postby Beau on December 7th, 2010, 5:58 am

The boy was neither forthcoming, or relenting in his gaze. He might make a fine falconer or archer at the very least. He tried to adopt a more serious face but it failed miserably and he looked down before the laughter in his eyes could be seen. It was then, as his blue eyes fell to the floor, that the multicolored fabric came into question. Though he hardly got out a perplexed "Where did you get this?", before shapes were swooping down on them. The gravity of the situation soared out of the scope of his attention when a fine looking Inarta interjected herself into the calamity with talk of tag. He couldn't stop himself. "If I run...will one of you two come tackle me?" Beau's gaze flicked from one woman to the other and back while he tried to add up the events and the talk.

Maybe it was a bond between men, or maybe he truly felt pity for the boy, but Beau glanced down at the child still in his grasp and murmured, "Think you've gotten yourself into some trouble mate." Valintar? The kid just lost his mind for a moment, taking him to the Valintar seemed extreme. He'd been before the Valintar once or twice, it wasn't fun, but it didn't make him regret what he'd done either. However the looks that were being sent in the child, and his, general direction were enough to make anyone regret what they'd done. Beau was feeling like he'd gotten in trouble as well somehow and he was almost sure he'd not goofed off so far.

"Aahaha," the boy was subtly pushed behind him just the slightest and away from full scrutiny, "Kids. Right? They don't have the forethought to keep themselves out of trouble. Come," the self professed best smile in all of the mountain was turned on, "Neither of you can say there weren't a few devious decisions as a yasi. I'm sure he wasn't thinking at all." Beau looked down at his captive, defending him was quickly becoming tiresome. "Or he might have thought that high quality material to be something his mother would like. Either way I'm sure a swift thrashing will set him straight."

He whipped the boy out from behind the semi obscurity of his legs fast enough to make him lose his balance. Beau hauled him by an arm off the floor to reset the boy's feet back on the ground, finally letting go, the theif standing alone amidst the three of them. "Mayhap a swift slap to his head to remind him of his place and a shove in the right direction." The words had hardly left his mouth before a mischievous twinkle lit up his eyes and a smirk, impossible to contain, stole across his lips. "Or I could get pushed around for a little while. The rest of my day is free."

OOCI swear I have no control over what he says.
Beau
Player

Character sheet

Kids... (Open)

Postby Aidara on December 11th, 2010, 6:34 pm

oocIt's finals, I apologize.

Aidara had been in the middle of reaching out a hand to grasp the little boy by the shoulder when he was swiftly removed from her reach, sheltered by Beau. Green eyes widened and then blinked a bit, her hands moving to prop up on her hips instead with a little huff. "Well, fine. Whatever you want. Well, actually what ever Silwyn wants, as it was her that suffered the offence." The slightly offended look that had twisted the womans features had turned into a smile while she spoke. Never one to shoulder anger or annoyance for long, Addy was back to her cheerful self when she leaned around Beau to speak to the boy who hid in his shadow.

"Move along then. You got off easy. If I see you doing that again though..." Addy left the thread hanging with a smile, and gave a ruffle to the boys hair. Green eyes followed the little thief as she disappeared into the crowd and turned back to Silwyn and Beau. "I'm Aidara. Call me Addy. And yours?" Dimples sprang to her cheeks as she extended her hand to the man, her gaze flickering to Silwyn. The women had already met, and had even gone on excursions together. "What was your fabric for? Are we going to have to replace it, because that would be a shame. It's beautiful. What kind of plant did you have to use to get such a vibrant color?" Genuine interest sparked in the womans eyes as she casually tossed out the questions. Addy had relaxed back against the wall she originally had been leaning against. Arms were crossed over her chest and her boot kicked back to rest against the stones.

"And you. I haven't seen you around. What do you do?" Her gaze raked with a particular interest along Beau's form before darting back to his face. The healer could appreciate a pretty face, among other things, and she didn't try to hide such appreciations. In fact, he was lucky she was giving him personal space, as Aidara usually wound herself around her latest interest as quickly as she could. However, the apple was naught but a core in her hand now and she looked at it with some dissappointment. "Would either of you like to accompany me in an attempt to procure some food?" A habit picked up from her sister, Aidara loved her some food. With a hopeful look on her face the healer let her gaze flick between their two faces, barely able to contain her excitement.
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Kids... (Open)

Postby Silwyn on December 11th, 2010, 8:11 pm

"Well, fine. Whatever you want. Well, actually what ever Silwyn wants, as it was her that suffered the offense," Addy said. Silwyn didn't bother looking up, she was busy biting her bottom lip, and fussing over her now messy cloth, which she had worked on for several days. She had no idea how to clean it, just that she probably shouldn't rub it, because that would more than likely spread the stain. She'd made that mistake several times before.

Someone must have let the little thief go, because Silwyn heard Addy say, "move along then. You got off easy. If I see you doing that again though..." Silwyn thought she heard one of them playfully hit him before he left, but she wasn't sure, all she knew was that, when she looked up, he wasn't there anymore.

All she heard was Addy's increasingly familiar voice, asking "what was your fabric for? Are we going to have to replace it, because that would be a shame. It's beautiful. What kind of plant did you have to use to get such a vibrant color?"

Silwyn looked over at Addy, absentmindedly stated, "a seamstress, she placed an order a while ago, and unfortunately, we wouldn't have time to replace it, we're going to have to clean this one." Silwyn let out a loud sigh. "And lichen twigs, onion skins, lichen, acorns, oak bark, madder, beets, spinach, white ash bark, and burdock... just to name a few," she said as she looked back down at the cloth, and scrunched up her face. Before looking up again, "unfortunately, I never really learned how to clean this sort of thing, so we may need to ask someone else to help us out."

Silwyn ignored everything else the others may have said, she was too embarrassed, at not knowing a seemingly simple task, to pay attention. Silwyn blushed a bit, and shifted her weight from her right to left foot. What a day, she thought to herself.

OOCIt's ok... figure if no one knows how to clean, we can use another NPC. Cheers =)
Silwyn

Kids... (Open)

Postby Beau on December 16th, 2010, 11:41 pm

Adopting the best dashingly handsome smirk he could muster Beau swept up Aidrara's hand, bringing it to his lips. So soft was his kiss upon her fingers that it tickled his lips nearly making him repeat the gesture just to remove the tingles. "Pleasured to know you Addy, I'm Beau." The man eventually found the willpower to tare his eyes off of Addy's face and form before it turned into a look lasting far too long. His attention had to go somewhere else which turned out to be the colorful material.

"Just a few?" Beau looked at Silwyn incredulously. "It sounds like you put all of the colors from the world into that flippery. It's no wonder you don't know how to clean it. How can anyone remember how to clean all of those dyes?" Stunned, he shifted his weight from one leg to the other, propping a hand up on his hip while scratching the back of his head with the other. His appreciation for the multicolored bed spread, or whatever it was to be, steadily increased.

There was no way he'd have the patience to work a craft like that. It was so...mundane, especially after thinking of how fun getting the birds to hunt had been. His craft required a different kind of patience as he was learning they all did. Still, he would keep Silwyn's name for reference if he should ever need new clothes dyed. "I'm a falconer." His answer was distracted at first, still accumulating appreciation for the material the more he looked at it. A sontav clad forearm was held up to verify his claim. "And yes." the answer was dragged out in the slightest as a brilliant idea occurred to him. "The kitchens sound like a marvelous idea. We might even be able to hoodwink one of the deks into cleaning your curtains."
Beau
Player

Character sheet

Kids... (Open)

Postby Aidara on December 22nd, 2010, 6:33 pm

"A falconer! Really? I've never seen you around the gatehouse. Do you have your own birds? Can I see them?!"

The excitement that coursed through the small woman at Beau's words lit her face like a lamp. Green eyes sparkled as a bright grin broke across her lips. Small hands reached out and grappled for the mans arm as Addy instinctively pulled herself up to his side in her exuberance. She really just had no concept of personal space, and this became obvious as she had to tilt her head back to look up at the man.

"I'm one as well. I don't have my own raptor yet but I keep Val's for him. Oh that reminds me..." Not letting go of Beau's arm, Addy spun to find Silwyn. Ah, there she was. With a smile and a nod towards the fabric she had clutched in her arms, Addy began speaking again, still excited. "Val knows everything. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he knew someone to wash that for you, or maybe even how to do it himself. Hopefully he won't be busy. If so, we can just go look at the birds." Eager to show off her skill, the woman tugged at the mans arm, taking the initiative to place it around her waist when she got them all walking towards the gatehouse. "Breakfast will have to wait. Especially if you have your own! How long have you been a falconer for? Silwyn will you be okay around the birds? They won't hurt but..I figure that I would check to make sure you felt comfortable going into their room. Some people, you know, are afraid of them and stuff." Addy shrugged, unable to comprehend how anyone could be afraid of such beautiful animals.

Leading the small group, Addy brought them past the Valintar's office, into the caves that lead up from the Gatehouse. However, instead of going towards the gate to the right, they all went left. Before them was a massive lift, complete with restraining bars and a Dek off to the side to lift them all up. Moving forward, Addy flipped the catch on the bar, lifted it high above her head and ushered them both under. Replacing it behind her, she then turned and tugged at the bell pull three times.

"That was unnecessary I'm looking right at you." The Dek grumbled as he took the rope up in his hand and bent his back into the work. The cage shuddered, but didn't move. Finally, slowly, it began to rise. "Thanks! Addy cried cheerfully, waving down at the poor man as he heaved them upwards.

"Ahh. Alright, step up here. I'll get the bar. Val should have heard the bell. If he's not busy he'll come over in a minute. Let me send this thing back down...make yourselves comfortable. Just be careful where you sit.." With a bright grin, Addy turned and replaced the cage's bar' gave another tug to the bell and watched until it began to descend. Turning and snatching up a thick leather glove on the table next to the lift, Addy quickly slipped it onto her left hand. She gave a piercing whistle, her eyes lifted towards the ceiling.

There was a rustling and a great flapping of wings as a brown bullet descended towards the small redheaded woman. Unperturbed, Addy simply held out her arm, locking her shoulder to absorb the shock as the raptor collided with her glove. His wings snapped out, flaring as his legs trust forward, talons splayed. Making contact with the thick leather, the hawk managed to hang on tight, transferring the energy of his dive into Aidara's arm. This made her step back just a little bit, but she smiled. "You're getting better, Baby!" Unconcerned by the fact the other two were watching her, Addy cooed and stroked the raptors head before turning back to the humans. "This is Artemis. Isn't he beautiful?" Almost as if he knew he was being talked about, Artemis swiveled his head from side to side, half extending his wings and flapping them slightly as he shifted from foot to foot. Clearly showing off. Addy couldn't help but laugh as she held him out for the others to inspect.
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Next