HI

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

HI

Postby Blue Orchid on September 26th, 2015, 8:36 pm

HI I'm brand new would love some tips and instructions so I don't have to ficure everything out on my own. Thanks
Blue Orchid
Great Friend of Nature

Words: 3746
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2015, 7:37 pm
Race: Kelvic

HI

Postby Blue Orchid on September 26th, 2015, 10:41 pm

I hope it's ok to put my wip character sheet here:
Equiniene

Race: Kelvic- Gypsy Vanner draft horse
Birthday: 4, Spring, 519?
Birthplace: I'm not sure my earliest memories are of a mare (not my mother) caring for me as a foal. She belonged to a Drykas man.

Appearance: She has long brown hair with naturally blonde streaks in it. She has one light green eye, and one dark blue eye. She is tall, lean, and muscular. She has very pale skin and long limbs.

Character Concept

I am kind, open minded, intelligent, caring, and generous, I try to help all those in need, and care for the commoners when I can. I love horses (obviously), nature, and music. I have taught myself to play several instruments and sing. I try not to discriminate and care for all races equally, though I do dislike rudeness, ignorance, and cruelty.

Character History

I do not remember my mother, I was born as a human but I believe after I first shifted into a horse I was adopted by a mare who could not have her own foal so she took me in, since my earliest memories are of everyone thinking I am a simple horse and being cared for by my foster mother. (The mare) After hearing some Drykas men speaking of Kelvics I decided that must be what I truly was, I was about 2 and 1/2 (in horse years and 10 as a human) at this point, and I was being prepared to be tamed. I spoke to my mother and we both agreed that I must leave at once. I fled to the forest and concentrated very hard on a human female body. After several tries and many hours I found myself as a naked 10-year-old human girl in the forest. I felt quite strange at first but soon became accustomed to my new form. I occasionally practiced changing from horse to human and found a way to fit in to a nearby town. I found that I could still speak to Equine even in my human form. I took advantage of this and became an extremely talented, young, and efficient horse taming at the age of 15. (human years) I camped outside the village for several years, going into the village at day to work, and staying in my tent at night. Now I have become a nomad traveling about towns offering my services with horses whenever the change arises, earning a bit of money here and there. I travel as a horse and have begun to embrace my two forms equally. Also know that long ago my family was cursed so that all of the descendants of one of my great grandmothers would only have one child and it would be a daughter, and she would only have one child and it would be a daughter and so on. When I was 12 I found my heirloom.

Language

Fluent Language: Modern Common/Horse
Basic Language: Pavi/Zebra/Mule/Donkey
Poor Language: Jamorian?/Other animals

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Horsemanship 70 SP # Expert
Floristry 30 SP # Competent
Medicine 15 SP # Novice
Music Composition 40 SP # Competent
(I'm not trying to powerplay I just think this makes sence because of her given background, please let me know if it is not ok. I'm very new at this)

Lores

Helpful Lores:
Lore of Drykas Culture
Lore of the Importance of the Strider

Possessions

1 Set of Clothing (Colorful)
-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Cloak or Coat
-Simple Boots
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Bone)
-Brush (Bone)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week’s Worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
100 Gold Mizas

Heirloom: A delicate silver wire headpiece encrusted with sapphires and emeralds, has been handed down from mother to daughter for over 120 years. The headpiece was enchanted long ago to magically appear before it's rightful owner.

Housing: Tent

Location: I live near the majority of the Drykas since i share their fondness of horses.

House: 1 large tent (4 person)
1 large tarp
100 ft of rope
1 lantern
2 torches
1 bedroll
1 blanket
1 set of fishing tackle & hooks
1 bonded Strider
1 Yvas
1 large set of Yvas bags

Note on Yvas:
The Drykas use what is called a Yvas on their horses rather than bridles and saddles. A yvas is what equates to a girth with an attached breast collar combination hung with hooks and topped with a small flat hand grip that lays along a horse's shoulders. The Yvas is often placed over a colorful pad that acts to protect the horse from the rider. The grip fits over a strider's withers which holds the yvas in place. It almost looks like the type of thing vaulters used on their draft horses, though it is more functional than a vaulter's pad. The horses can free themselves from them if they got separated from their riders, and do not have tack to entrap or tangle them when they are running loose. The yvas has ring tethers on it for handling a set of wither bags and a waterskin, and is often decorated in knot-work beading that identified the horse and rider as part of a specific pavilion.

Drykas ride without any headgear or bridles on their horses at all. They do not use any halters either.

Ledger
Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM

Thread List
none yet
Link your current & past threads here!
Blue Orchid
Great Friend of Nature

Words: 3746
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2015, 7:37 pm
Race: Kelvic

HI

Postby Ball on September 27th, 2015, 12:12 am

Please Read the Starting Guide as that tells you the basics of what you need to know. It can be found here:Link to the Starting Guide
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes