Paying For It

[Pearl] Ixzo comes to Pearl for some medical help

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Paying For It

Postby Ixzo on November 1st, 2015, 8:21 pm

Word Count: 677
84th of Autumn, 515AV
6th Bell, 30th Chime, Morning
River Flower

By the time Ixzo reached the River Flower, she was ready to scream in agony. Walking on it and waiting so long, paired with the bitter cold was biting into her wound. She had never been to the tent, even the few days prior when she could do nothing but empty her stomach, of which there was nothing to retch. Fatigue, sickness and general mal-nourishment were a few reasons she could have visited earlier, but blood would the only reason that the Myrian-raised Kelvic would request help.

Caring not for modesty or hesitation, Ixzo stepped into the entrance of the tent. It was early in the morning. The orange sky had just given way to the pale blue and she had been up all night, but Ixzo still took her time to watch she surroundings before speaking. There were sick and wounded, as well as many to take care of them. The strong scent of blood did not maker her mouth water, but rather her stomach churn. Maternity blood, rotting flesh and wounds that were heavily mixed with strong herbs did not appeal to the predator.

Finally deciding she would be fine her, Ixzo turned to the nearest Drykas. She tried to be polite, signing a greeting to the woman, however the simple gesture was hard to do while she tried to keep her right arm as still as possible. Request? She tried to sign as well, waiting until the worried look on the woman's face turned into a compliant not. She watched the pale green eyes flit down to her bare chest with her shirts tucked under her arm. Gooseskin lit up her tattoos and pronounced her decorative scars, but the woman only looked mildly surprised. Ixzo was sure she had seen worse than a topless woman.

"Help?" She asked, slowly turning her right shoulder towards the woman. She didn't really need to point at the swollen and bloody gash that took up her shoulder, but she felt the need to, carefully extending a leathery digit towards the wound.

A chatter of Pavi started up and she felt the cold hands of the woman on her forearm. "Come sit, sit. I'm just a nurse, let me get you a doctor." Silky blonde braids whipped back and forth as they tried to usher her towards a thin bedroll that served as a cot. Ixzo shook her head.

"No, no. Just bandage." No concern. She signed, trying to keep from being forced onto one of the cots. She needed it cleaned and bandaged. Perhaps the healers would grind some root she didn’t know about or sprinkle it with an herb to fight off an infection, but the Kelvic really didn't need to pretend she needed to sit down because of the wound. "No, no." She tried again, looking down at the human nurse. Soft green eyes hardened as the looked at her.

Sit. She gave the simple sign and the lioness blinked. With the smallest hesitation, she stepped forward, sinking into a crossed-leg position on the floor. "I will get you a doctor now." Ixzo nodded, silvery orbs still wide with the sudden sternness as they followed the Nurse towards the other end of the tent.

Ixzo looked to the left of her to see a small boy grinning at her. His foot was propped up, bandaged and secure, likely because of a break. "She's hard." He tried to emphasize, before little brown eyes floated down to her chest. The child giggled, not really used to the bareness, and Ixzo clutched her fur-lined vest to her chest. Was something wrong? She had forgotten about the human's need for modesty, so she didn't realize that the boy was giggle from discomfort, not because she looked wrong. Frowning she turned away from the child.

The movement of her head brushed her dreads against the wound and Ixzo cringed, clamping down on her cheek once more. She would not cry for this Drykas healer. She would not cry for anything, most especially not a shallow wound.

Myrian | Pavi "Speech" Sign | Common | PC/NPC "Speech" Sign
Ixzo
Lion of the Night

Words: 524570
Joined roleplay: September 1st, 2015, 5:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Paying For It

Postby Pearl on November 26th, 2015, 6:59 pm

The nurse popped her head into Pearl’s office and told her of the woman that had recently arrived with a gash in her upper arm. “She keeps saying she only wants a bandage, but I don’t know, it looks worse to me. Maybe stitches?” she suggested.
“Maybe,” responded Pearl, “Bring her here so I can have a look. At the very least we can clean it and bandage it if that is all she will allow. I’ll get some water and medicines while you get the patient.”
“Yes, Doctor.”

Pearl set out then to gather the necessary items, a bowl of boiled salt water, a packet of turmeric powder, a small container of calendula ointment, and suture material along with needles; all of these she arranged upon the table nearest to the grass mattress that was in her office. She set a second bowl of steaming water on the table as well, then added some dried lavender and dried chamomile to it. The steam carried the calming scents of the herbs into the room, and she smiled as she waited for the nurse to return with the newest patient.

The nurse went back to Ixzo, “The doctor will see you now,” she explained. “She wants to see you in her office instead of out here. She’s a nice young woman, Pearl Blackwater. You’ll like her,” she continued as she waited for Ixzo to ready herself to go with her. She hovered close to the injured woman while they walked to Pearl’s office, then held the door open for her. “Just in here,” she said.

Pearl turned when she heard them at the door and smiled, “Do come in, please,” she said. “We’ll have a look at that wound and see what we can do about getting you back on your way as quickly as possible.” Pearl gestured to the grass mattress, “Please sit? Tell me what happened?” she asked, and waited for the unfamiliar woman to settle herself so that she could take a look at the wound.

Pearl
Doctor at The River Flower

Words: 219351
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2015, 5:29 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Paying For It

Postby Ixzo on December 15th, 2015, 3:11 am

"Please sit? Tell me what happened?" Ixzo laughed, even though there was no reason to. She thought about trying to explain her reasoning to a human and decided it wouldn't translate well, even if she could speak properly. She didn't sit, only stepped forward, as if she was ready to leave, as if this was a quick check up. But it was hard to miss that she had nearly gnawed her lip off or that the redness in her eyes was not from tears spent but from those waiting to be released.

"Fought bison." She chuckled, balling her shirt in her fist and then turning to show the woman her wound. She counted silently for a moment, having never been one interested in maths. "Six, I think." She carefully pulling her locks aside, revealing the gash. Although there was no joke or mockery in her voice when she announced the number. She was truly surprised just the gash and a few bruises were her reward for such dangerous prey.

The most important wound, that she now showed Pearl, was large and wide but shallow. Dirt and just about everything the wind and her hair could pick up would have gathered with the drying blood, although Ixzo couldn't see it. The wound was ringed by a scattering of ink and intentional scars, patterning the Kanduktu basin across her back. "Just bandage." She took a deep breath before repeating what she had told the nurse to the doctor, not risking one of her broken signs this time.

But Ixzo finally sat, exhausted, and let her wide silver eyes wander the room, following the doctor through her work, however long it took. Ixzo had never understood healers, or taken interest in them. But she supposed there was a natural divide between killers and healers. "Ixzo." She announced her name, a little belated. She patted her chest in the Myrian fashion, forgetting to offer her hand as the humans did. Then she nodded to the doctor, waiting for a name of her own, having yet to learn the crucial question of one's name.

Myrian | Pavi "Speech" Sign | Common | PC/NPC "Speech" Sign
Ixzo
Lion of the Night

Words: 524570
Joined roleplay: September 1st, 2015, 5:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Paying For It

Postby Pearl on December 25th, 2015, 4:03 pm

Fought bison, the words brought little more than a gentle lift of her brow. If she thought anything other than this was a normal admission, nothing else of her features showed such. She continued to smile as she took a closer look at the gash upon Ixzo’s arm, a hand coming up to help support Ixzo’s arm while she did such. “The bison took the worst end of the hunt, I assume,” she offered the words quietly and in common, hoping to ease the communication between herself and her patient.

Pearl was glad when the woman finally took a seat after she had offered again, this time using only a gesture of her hand. “We’ll get you cleaned and bandaged up and on your way in no time. Give me just a tick to get the necessary items ready and,” as if on cue, Star came in with a bowl of warm salt water, clean cloths and some bandages on a tray.
“Thought you could use these,” she said as she sat them down on the table near to Pearl.
“Right on time, as always,” Pearl smiled and watched Star leave once again.

The gesture Ixzo offered as she introduced herself wasn’t lost upon the young doctor. She spoke as she soaked the clean cloth into the salt water mixture, leaving it fairly well wetted. As she went to place it over Ixzo’s wound, she was careful to be as gentle as she could, explaining what she was doing in a calm tone. “We’ll let this soak over your wound for a tick, to help clean it thoroughly.” A moment’s pause occurred before she continued, “I’m Pearl Blackwater,” the belated introduction finally came. “Once we have the wound cleaned properly, I’ll put some herbal powder on it to help it heal, and a bandage as you requested. Shouldn’t take more than a day or two to start feeling better after that.” Pearl was a doctor above all else and it was her patient’s that mattered. She cared not if they weren’t Drykas, or even human, for that matter, as she was just as diligent with the animals she treated as she was with the humans, or otherwise.

After a few chimes had passed, she soaked another cloth in the salt water mixture, then removed the previous one and began to clean away most of the dirt and grime that had settled over and around the wound. When she was satisfied that the wound was clean, she turned and reached for a packet of the turmeric powder. “Turmeric,” she explained, “will help the wound heal faster and also take away some of the pain.” Pearl covered the wound with the yellow powder, and set the packet aside for the time being, taking up a clean bandage and winding it around Ixzo’s arm and then carefully tying it into place, tucking in the ends of the bandage so they were secured.

“You can take the bandage off and clean your arm any time you like tomorrow. Just be sure and put a little more of this turmeric on it before you cover it with the bandage again. Do that once a day for five days and then you should be well enough to leave the bandage off, if you like.” As she spoke, she offered the packet of turmeric powder and some fresh bandages to Ixzo so she could take them with her. “If you need help with the bandages, you can always come back here and we’ll do it for you. Entirely up to you. Also, I’d like you to take some warm milk each morning, with a pinch of the turmeric powder mixed into the warm milk. Drink that once a day; twice if you like. It will also help you heal faster and feel better.”

Pearl
Doctor at The River Flower

Words: 219351
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2015, 5:29 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Paying For It

Postby Jasmine Stormblood on March 16th, 2016, 4:44 pm

Let me know if I am missing anything ladies.

Ixzo
XP
  • Socialization: 2 XP
  • Endurance: 1 XP
Lores
  • Pavi: hard to sign when shoulder is injured
  • Humans are more modest creatures

Pearl
Let me know when you have returned Pearl, and I will get your grades postedXP
  • XP
  • XP
  • XP