PM to join Thyme for a Meeting [Thyme]

Thyme stumbles upon Beodan's abode.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Thyme for a Meeting [Thyme]

Postby Beodan Clathony on November 6th, 2015, 1:44 am

The 35th of Fall, 515 AV

A cool Autumn breeze drifted lazily through the canopy, gently plucking off leaves of red, yellow, orange, and brown. The sun was dipping low on the horizon, and was completely obscured by rows and rows of tall trunks and branches from Beodan’s vantage point in the middle of his clearing. His head was tilted back, brown eyes reflecting the warm glow of the fire as he stared at the clear sky. It was a pale yellowish blue color, with a little crimson filtering through the trees from the west. He stretched his arms into the air with a breathy groan, rolling and popping his shoulders and elbows. He massaged his neck with a hand slowly. He ached from all the attention he had been giving his plants. Seeds needed to be collected as they appeared, so it was a nearly constant task. His only reprieve was at night.

A cold tendril of wind tickled his back, sending a shiver running down his back. The fire had died down to a pile of red embers, with wispy flames appearing and vanishing at a whim. Dan grabbed a chopped log by the end and sent the splintery to meet its doom. It caught almost immediately, more vibrant orange flames picking up as the new fuel was consumed. It popped and hissed as its sappy ichor was turned into vapor. He smiled at the familiar and frankly quite charming sound. Those random snaps could give him quite a fright if he got lost in thought and was not expecting them. He had covered the log he sat on with a blanket so the cold, polished bark would not suck the heat right out of him. His bare chest and the fronts of his legs were pleasantly toasted by the fire, making his back feel absolutely freezing by comparison. He was tempted to turn around, but then he would just have the same problem with the front. And he absolutely hated having a cold nose.

The Kelvic jumped up suddenly and dashed into the tent with a panic written on his face. He had forgotten the tea! Sure enough, the kettle was far past a rolling boil. He hastily poured it into a waiting cup with dry herbs resting at the bottom. A rich aroma flooded his senses as steam curled up from the glass. Lemongrass, peppermint, and raspberry leaves being the primary scents. Rosehip added a bit of an extra kick to it, along with a few more tasteless herbs for his health. He sighed in contentment. Soon after he was sitting in front of the fire once more, now with a cup of fragrant tea clasped between his hands. Gazing into the coals, he lost himself in nostalgic thought.
Beodan Clathony
The Horse Herbalist

Words: 228292
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2015, 9:49 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Thyme on November 6th, 2015, 4:06 am

Thyme hadn't set up camp, and was currently looking for a clearing in the woods. One that would provide adequate cover, in the form of foliage, although thick brush was not "required" it would be liked. Normal Thyme would have loved the chill that fall often brought with the coming of the season but. She shivered and brought her hands up to her face, exhaling deeply in an attempt to warm her hands. With disappointing results she stuck her hands under her armpits in a attempt to keep them warm. She was rather thin, so naturally she got cold faster than the average person.

With no real luck, of finding a suitable place to hunker down for the night Thyme sighed. Just as she was to set up camp where she stood, a flickering light caught her eye, it was that of a fire. "Strange, if there was a fire there the entire time, wouldn't I have noticed it earlier? She thought about this for some time, until she finally came apon the conclusion that someone. Would have had to be tending the fire, they must have just added a log in, and that is why she hadn't notice it earlier. Thyme decided to investigate, if there were bandits in the area. She might be able to get a reward for informing the knights, and even if she didn't. She would know not to set up camp here, or anywhere nearby. Apon nearing the source of the fire, she heard the crackling of the burning wood, cautiously. The kelvic woman looked over the area, all she could see was a tent, a fire, and a large man? -Perhaps he could help me?- Thyme thought, and slowly walked over to the stranger. She cleared her throat, and quietly asked H-hello? I...I was in the area and saw your fire, i was wondering if you could help me... If the man were to turn around he would find that the quiet voice, belonged to a meek woman. With golden owl like eyes, and golden brown hair

Other than the bow, she had slung around her shoulder, and the quiver she carried on her back. There wasn't anything intimidating about this woman. Some would think her a witch, or mage on account of her bird like eyes yet she held no "witch" or "mage" like properties. Other than that, she was very ordinary
If the male, was startled or stood up Thyme would raise her hands in a gesture of surrender, whether he was armed or not.
"~Virtus junxit mors non separabit ~"
Threads 3/6
Thyme
Seer of Truth

Words: 21816
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2015, 6:49 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Beodan Clathony on November 6th, 2015, 5:37 am

“H-hello?” Poor Beodan jumped of his skin, his tea spilling as he jostled the cup. He managed to maintain his grip, though he quickly set it on the ground so as not to further burn himself as the hot liquid dripped off of his hand. The action did not stop him from choking on his last sip, and he nearly fell of the log in a coughing fit. He barely heard the rest of the feminine voice’s speech, ”I...I was in the area and saw your fire, I was wondering if you could help me.” The word ‘help’ drained the primal fear from his body, and he got to his feet to face the fragile voice.

It was a girl, a young woman that looked to be around 18, though it was hard to tell in the dim light. She had wide, glistening eyes made of amber, and brown hair that was lighter than his own. A quiver and bow were strung over her shoulders, a black coat offering a little protection against the cool night air. His chocolate gaze washed over her, softening as it drunk her in. She was young, her eyes held innocents still. She had not been forced to grow up faster than a child should in this harsh world as he had. The scars on his back pulsed with phantom pain, whip strikes echoing through his head. A thick, roping scar on his chest was from a weapon more purpose built to cut flesh, but he made a point to keep all thoughts of his father in the dirt where the man belonged.

The bow worried him a little, but she had her hands out in front of her, and the bow looked to be securely attached to her person. He hoped to all that was divine that she would not be some bandit, not that he had much to steal. There was nothing for it, he could not turn her away even if she was some thief. She need help. Giving her a small, concerned smile, Dan asked, “Are you alright, Night Child?” There was not an item of clothing on his body, let alone weapons with which to be threatening with. In fact, the only tool around that could be used as a semi-effective weapon was the woodsman’s axe stuck in a stump a little ways away. So, slowly and deliberately, he approached her, doing his best to broadcast feelings of calm and peace.

With a gentle hand, the Herbalist took her by the elbow and led her to his seat by the fire, murmuring to her, “You must be freezing half to death!” He placed the crook his left index finger under her chin, and pressed the back of his right hand against her forehead and cheeks. The icy skin had a tinge of pink from the cold and he frowned to himself. How long had she been wandering the woods? Was she lost, some city woman that thought a nice hike in the woods would be a good idea when it was nearly sundown? There were good parts of the woods, and there were horrible parts of the woods, and almost no way to distinguish the two except through experience. “Here, let me take your things inside. They’ll be safe as houses, don’t worry. Wrap that blanket around you okay? Keep the front of it open though, so the fire can soak into your skin,” he said softly, sensing that the quiet girl could do without a Stallion’s trumpeting. He folder her coat and archery gear and set it on the couch in a neat stack, the bow laying on top.

“What did you need help with, Child?” Dan asked again, coming to join her by the fire with a spare cup of peppermint tea in hand. He held out the cup for her and continued, “Are you hurt?...” He paused, then asked, “What were you doing in the woods at dusk, it isn’t safe, you know? Though I reckon you can handle yourself, Huntress.”
Beodan Clathony
The Horse Herbalist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Thyme on November 6th, 2015, 9:28 pm

Thyme hadn't expected the man's kindness, and was throw off as a result, so much so. She allowed the man, not only to lay his hands apon her.But Thyme had also allowed him so strip her of her gear "Child?" She questioned out loud. The stranger was, too kind. Thyme sighed and decided to go against her better judgment and hesitantly followed.The stranger, soon after she was seated by his fire, a blanket wrapped around her aswell, after. He joined her by the fire, Thyme sneezed "S-sir...I-I.." she was stopped by the offering of tea.Witch she took in both hands, it was warm, pleasantly so Thyme lifted the warm, steaming cup up to her mouth and. took a small sip and after, set the teacup on the ground next to her feet. That was when she caught a clear look at the man's entire body. And the first thing that she had noticed was the lack of clothing, Thyme was currently pale from the cold. So it would be very easy for the man to notice the blush apon Thymes cheeks. With a little hesitation thyme cleared her throat. "W-well, sir I wanted to ask if you knew of any clearing in the area that I could set up camp in. But it would seem that you have taken me into your abode, instead." Occasionally her eyes would shift to the large man, and back to the fire, the heat from the fire radiated onto Thyme in waves. The tips of her fingers, and nose stung as heat had returned to them. She shivered and brought her knees up to her chest in a attempt to prevent further loss if body heat "....So, umm...Thank you?" Thyme would stare into the fire. Until the man would do, or say something, When he would, Thymes attention would turn from the fire, to him.
But for now, she simply brought the teacup back up to her mouth and began to finish the rest of the tea.
Threads 3/6
Thyme
Seer of Truth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Beodan Clathony on November 7th, 2015, 12:11 am

"W-well, sir I wanted to ask if you knew of any clearing in the area that I could set up camp in. But it would seem that you have taken me into your abode, instead. So, umm… Thank you,” the girl said, her arms pulled around her knees. Beodan blushed and scratched the back of his head sheepishly. He laughed self deprecatingly, and said, “I got a little ahead of myself, huh? Searching for a clearing at night would be nearly impossible, especially without a lamp or something. You should wait until morning, so you don’t freeze out there.” He smiled at her benignly, happy to note that she was getting some color back in her face; her cheeks were a rosy pink.

“What’s your name? Sorry, I forgot to ask!” he apologized, a small frown on his face at forgetting the usual pleasantry, “I’m Beodan, but everyone calls me Dan. And none of that sir stuff! I’m still young by human standards.” She looked to be enjoying her tea, and for that he was thankful. Tea wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but it was the only drink he had any practice making. He did not buy wine or ale in the city and take it home. He prefered to have it one mug at a time. He let his eyes rest on hers, which absentmindedly stared into the low flames just as he had been doing a few chimes ago. They were strange eyes, but he could not figure out why they were odd. Some part of his subconscious had determined that they were abnormal, yet they looked perfectly fine. Her irises were almost completely covered by her pupils. The orbs of black looked so very large, like twin obsidian disks.

“Excuse me, but, what are you? Some type of humanoid? I mean, that’s not to say you look different. It’s just.. your eyes are..” Dan waved his hand in the air, searching for a word, “..Enchanting… Are you a goddess?” Now that he thought about it, he could see her being a divine. Hair of silk, the aristocratic body, the bewitching eyes. A goddess of what though? It did explain why she had just shown up out of nowhere. Nobody would wander these woods without purpose. His eyes widened slightly. If this goddess was on a mission, what did she want of him? Would she demand he serve her, or maybe being more sinister, have him commit some sort of crime? There were lighter gods, but he knew of gods that hated mortals and strove to cause misfortune through plague and death.
Beodan Clathony
The Horse Herbalist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Thyme on November 7th, 2015, 3:47 am

Thyme was still and silent for some time. It were as if the gears were visibly turning in her head, she took in a deep breath and sighed. "Well Dan, my name is Thyme, its very nice to meet you." She sneezed once more and shook her head, “Excuse me, but, what are you? Some type of humanoid?" Dan's words echoed in her head and she looked confused at first, not quite sure how to respond to Dan's question. Thyme tilted her head and asked "Excuse me?, goddess?" She began to laugh and was on the verge of tears due to the laughter. But when she came to she looked quite serious, and slightly embarrassed. Her cheeks became further flushed, and she would attempt to keep very little eye contact between them. "I'm, kelvic Dan...There really isn't anything special about me." she looked down apon finishing the sentence. Thyme stood up and pulled the blanket off of herself, and walked over to. Dan, she kneeled over next to him and placed the blanket on his lap. So that, she could keep eye contact without her mind wandering. And only after she had, did she sit down. "Dan.." She looked into Dan's eyes, her own eyes were piercing, yet they held some soft qualities "Dan, I would hate to ask. But....Do you think that I could possible stay the night? I-I won't be a bother I promise. At the very least id ask that I could sleep outside your tent" her eyes were slightly glossy when she had finished. "Please.." Thyme would cross her legs, while she waited for a response from Dan, and gave a rather weak smile. While she waited she placed the teacup in front of both of them. "Thank you for the tea."
Threads 3/6
Thyme
Seer of Truth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Beodan Clathony on November 8th, 2015, 5:59 am

Beodan’s eyes widened, another Kelvic! That explained the rather exotic eyes. He had met feline Kelvics with slitted pupils. So Thyme was not a cat, or at least not a normal cat. He tried to match her mannerisms with a specific animal, but he had no clue. Not a dog or a horse, he knew that much. Dogs were a bit more.. friendly.. if that was the right word. Confident and prideful, similar to a horse. He grinned ruefully, recognising that he could be quite the egotistical stallion at times. “I’m a Kelvic too! A horse. And that’s exactly what makes us special,” he affirmed happily, his body language becoming even more open than it already was. Curious, he asked, “What other form do you take, goddess?”

His fellow Kelvic stood up, blanket in hand, and approached him where he sat at the other end of the log. Dan cocked his head to the side, wondering at her actions. Was she not comfortable? Or was the fire not big enough to offer plentiful heat? It certainly felt adequately toasty to him, but maybe that was because he had been in front of it for a lot longer than she had. To his surprise, she knelt next to him and placed the planked on his lap. “Dan..” she murmured, and he found himself enthralled once more by her gaze. Held captive by intense pools of amber. "Dan, I would hate to ask. But....Do you think that I could possible stay the night? I-I won't be a bother I promise. At the very least I’d ask that I could sleep outside your tent."

Dan had begun to nod halfway through her speech, already willing to share his humble home. Then she just had to melt his heart with those blasted watery eyes! It was as if she had wanted to crush any cell of resistance in his body, any small part of him that wanted her gone. He might have been more resistant to her wiles, but it did get terribly lonely living in isolation. He thought only for a moment, and then said with a smile, “Of course, Thyme. I wouldn’t make you sleep outside either. That’s not much better than throwing you to the wolves! Though the bigger animals know this is my territory, so that might be a bit of an exaggeration. Anyway, of course you may share my bed. But if you are a more solitary creature, you can claim the couch, I understand.” He laughed, and joked, “And you will be sleeping in either case not three steps from your namesake!”

“You are very welcome. Would you like more?”
Beodan Clathony
The Horse Herbalist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Thyme on November 8th, 2015, 8:13 am

“I’m a Kelvic too! A horse. And that’s exactly what makes us special,” Thyme almost went wide eyed as she looked up at him with a student jerk of her neck. "Really!?! I never would have guessed that you were, t-this is amazing! I haven't met another of my kind in quite some time! She took one of Dan's hands in her own as if she couldn't believe that he was real. Thymes own hands were quite cold still, and she had a strong grip, unusual for someone of her size. “What other form do you take, goddess?” She gave only a moment's lapse in her excitement to answer Dan "W-well I'm an owl, Great horned to be exact." Thyme had a wide grin on her face and was almost giddy, "Dan, you don't have to call me a goddess. As I am far from it". After a moment of thought she quickly drew her hands back to herself and looked down. "S-sorry, I-I didn't mean to.." Thyme had only really heard that she could stay, and something about sharing his bed. "O-okay, I wouldn't mind at all, after all. You were so kind as to take me into your humble abode..." She looked up at Dan with sparkling eyes and a small smile began to form apon her lips once more. "Oh, Dan I'd love some more tea, it was delicious!" Thyme slowly settled down once more, slowly crossing her legs once more. She would cross her finger and would attempt await Dan patiently, If Dan ever looked back at her. Thyme would tilt her head slightly, as if asking. "Something wrong?" Weather Dan had prepared her another cup for her, or not. Thyme stood up and stretched, she limbs were stiff and cold. After she had finished stretching. She ran her hands through her hair and begun to pull it into a tail "Dan...I really hate to burden you, but...might you have a length of string or...something that I could use to keep my hair in a tail?" She had looked quite troubled with her inability to keep her hair up.
Threads 3/6
Thyme
Seer of Truth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Beodan Clathony on November 9th, 2015, 3:06 am

A great horned owl? That was like one of the cute bush owls, just bigger, right? Beodan thought about it, and he had never seen one. At her assurance that she was not divine, he argued with a grin to match hers, “Well, it sure looks that way from where I am.” He gave her hands an affirmative squeeze. She seemed to become aware that she was still holding his with a tight grip, and let go with a shyly delivered apology. He gave her another smile. Maybe when she warmed up, she would warm up to him as well, and that shy little shell of hers would melt right off. He prefered solitude too, but he always had that Stallion confidence to get him through social situations with ease.

“More tea, coming up!” he said with a clap of his hands, playing the good host, and disappeared inside the pavilion. He shook the kettle and was happy to see that there was just enough water for another cup. What would it be this time? Dan took the empty glass and put in peppermint once again, added a little rosemary for taste, the smallest leaf of Connal to ease the stresses of her day. His fingers danced around the labelled jars, looking for anything that caught his eye. He smirked as he brushed over a clear violet jar filled with thyme. He unsealed the lid and placed a few dried leaves into the bottom of her cup. He wondered if she would recognise the spice, even under the strong mask of peppermint.

A drizzle of honey and a pour of water later and boom, a cup of tea was born. He was just about to exit the cozy tent, when he remembered her request. He looked to the spool of twine that sat on his shelf with a frown. He had to have something more pleasing than that. He knelt down to look at the very bottom shelf, where a bunch of cloth clippings sat. He dug through them, settling on a slender ribbon of blue. It would match her shirt nicely, he hoped. Tea and tie in hand he joined his guest by the fire once again. He handed the ribbon to her first, “Is this okay? I’m afraid I don’t know anything about city fashion…”
Beodan Clathony
The Horse Herbalist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Beodan Clathony on November 9th, 2015, 3:06 am

A great horned owl? That was like one of the cute bush owls, just bigger, right? Beodan thought about it, and he had never seen one. At her assurance that she was not divine, he argued with a grin to match hers, “Well, it sure looks that way from where I am.” He gave her hands an affirmative squeeze. She seemed to become aware that she was still holding his with a tight grip, and let go with a shyly delivered apology. He gave her another smile. Maybe when she warmed up, she would warm up to him as well, and that shy little shell of hers would melt right off. He prefered solitude too, but he always had that Stallion confidence to get him through social situations with ease.

“More tea, coming up!” he said with a clap of his hands, playing the good host, and disappeared inside the pavilion. He shook the kettle and was happy to see that there was just enough water for another cup. What would it be this time? Dan took the empty glass and put in peppermint once again, added a little rosemary for taste, the smallest leaf of Connal to ease the stresses of her day. His fingers danced around the labelled jars, looking for anything that caught his eye. He smirked as he brushed over a clear violet jar filled with thyme. He unsealed the lid and placed a few dried leaves into the bottom of her cup. He wondered if she would recognise the spice, even under the strong mask of peppermint.

A drizzle of honey and a pour of water later and boom, a cup of tea was born. He was just about to exit the cozy tent, when he remembered her request. He looked to the spool of twine that sat on his shelf with a frown. He had to have something more pleasing than that. He knelt down to look at the very bottom shelf, where a bunch of cloth clippings sat. He dug through them, settling on a slender ribbon of blue. It would match her shirt nicely, he hoped. Tea and tie in hand he joined his guest by the fire once again. He handed the ribbon to her first, “Is this okay? I’m afraid I don’t know anything about city fashion…”
Beodan Clathony
The Horse Herbalist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next