PM to join No Place like Not Home

[Graham] Amunet sets up camp as survival becomes a reality. maybe just maybe a the god's show mercy.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

No Place like Not Home

Postby Amunet on December 6th, 2015, 10:19 am

The red headed healer was glad he dropped it. She nodded to the man in as much as the fulfillment of work can have its satisfactions. In her case, it was a great deal of satisfaction seeing the people be in their best state of well-being. Her brow furrowed as he put the offer out there for her to camp close to if not within the Whipmane Pavilion.

The young woman bit her lower lip as she considered the safer option that Graham offered. “I'm no trouble. I’m away from my tents a lot and I am self-sufficient or try to be.” Her hunting was not very good though she tries very hard to hunt. The equal effort to provide her abilities in medicine to the Pavilion directly would be offered up in return for the safety net. The next question was bold and interesting.

Her mark was blatant and obvious along the C of her face. Amunet thought it amusing that it would be so large. She had heard tell by some healers that the Goddess preferred the face more often than not. That was by design she figured by the Goddess Rak’keli. That was well and fine. The young lady nodded at his question if she was a healer of sorts. “I am with the River Flower and have been performing midwife duties lately. “

He mentioned that it would be beneficial to know one in the future? “Is the people of your Pavilion well? She gladly provides her abilities and services to the people of Drykas. The Goddess remanded those that have her mark to do that. It was more than that for Amunet. To see a thriving people gave her satisfaction that all was well. “My abilities are for the people. All you had to do was ask.” The last was said with a gentle smile. “What is coming up that would require those abilities?” The Drykas woman asked a bit more softly as a warm hand rested gently on his forearm in sincerity and in compassion.
Amunet
**The Healer** There has to be a better way!

Words: 565239
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2015, 3:30 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

No Place like Not Home

Postby Graham Whipmane on December 13th, 2015, 9:11 am

Graham raised a brow as the woman revealed that she had been working as a midwife, surprised by this turn of luck. "My Pavilion is as healthy as one could pray for." He clarified, taking another spoonful from the bowl. The food was good, and after a long day of hunting, Graham much appreciated the well cooked meal. After all, it was leagues above what he was capable of.

He smiled, pleased to hear that Amunet was happy to share her skills. "I'm to be married this Winter." He said, his pleased smile growing large and fond. "If all goes well we'll be expecting a child before long." The thought of a little one filled him with warmth and happiness, though he still worried for the welfare of his beloved.

"Tell me," He began, his good mood dimming slightly. "In your experience, do you see mothers die in childbirth often? I know it is a dangerous process, but I want to know how likely it would be, and what I can do to keep her safe."

*Replies will be slower until Jobthread's have been completed*
Graham Whipmane
Player

Words: 59773
Joined roleplay: November 5th, 2015, 9:47 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

No Place like Not Home

Postby Amunet on December 23rd, 2015, 12:34 am

The little midwife smiled at the burgeoning beginnings of marriage and family. The smile was in as much happy for them as it was hiding her own feelings. The recent events still fresh in her mind of the near disaster of a joining she escaped from. It cost her the place she grew up in and knew so well. It cost her the little brother she helped raise after her mother died. The smile froze there as she looked at him nodding at his words. His sheepish smile at the thoughts Graham had of his bride to be. Amunet didn't want to ruin it for him, but part of her relished changing the subject.

Her professional capacity kept her there as did her sense of duty to the help he provided. Her heart felt like a lead weight in her chest. That lead weight dropped to a heavier feel with a painful thump after the next question. If she wasn’t reminded of her current predicament, the reminder of her mother dieing in childbirth caused her lips to go shut. The lovely smile she had provided him melted as she turned her head to look out into the expanse open grass.

After what may seem like a stretch of introspection, the red head turned her sad eyes up into his face and spoke very softly. “The Drykas are generally a healthy hearty people. We are a fertile people as well as there are several children per pavilion. Can women die in childbirth? Yes. Can things go wrong with a pregnancy? Yes. “ Her voice took on as neutral quality as she could manage. She lifted her chin as if daring the sadness to go any further. “I have not lost a patient, by the grace of Rak’keli. With care and the doctors and healers of the River Flower, your wife to be will have a strong baby. “

She then turned from him and put down her half finished bowl. Amunet had to look out at the expanse of grass for a moment or two or longer to get her emotions under control. Her head bowed down as she closed her eyes. A couple of tears escaped to spite the clenched teeth and clenched fist that fought to control emotions that would not be tamed. The irony of it all as the free spirited woman tried to tame the free spirit inside. “I promise you wont have any trouble. If it is within my ability and grace to see to a safe pregnancy and birth, it will be available to you. I can also deal with a variety of medical issues as well. “ She said between sniffles over her shoulder.

She then turned to ignore her teary face and went to pick up the meat to see if it was cooked on both sides well enough. There was some char but she liked a bit of smoke and char. Spreading the sticks in two to separate the meat . She gave Graham the larger portion between the two ‘halves’.
Amunet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

No Place like Not Home

Postby Graham Whipmane on January 5th, 2016, 3:43 am

Graham scratched at the back of his neck, somewhat guilty that he had made the woman so upset. He couldn't pin point exactly what had caused the woman's tears, so he thought best to steer clear of the conversation all together. Her words had worked to soothe his nerves, however, and he finished his food with a lighter heart, scrapping his spoon down to side to gather the last of his porridge.

The smell of cooking meat was beginning to permeate the air more strongly now, and Graham reached over to prod the cooking rabbit with a stick, though he made no move to assist in the cooking. He was notoriously unskilled at cooking, and his mother would regularly joke that he would quickly starve to death without the care of a woman. Graham had to agree, though he tried to learn, it seemed the most he could do when it came to cooking was boil tea, and even then it was an even risk of the tea being either too weak or too strong.

He watched as Amunet checked the food easily, and accepted his portion of the meat with a murmured "Thank you.". Leaning back comfortably, he began to pick the meat from the bone, holding small pieces at a time to his mouth to blow on and cool them. The meat smelt delicious, and his nose proved him right as he finally ate the first cooled piece. He chewed thoughtfully, eyes darting to Amunet. "I'm sorry that what I said upset you." He said after he swallowed, eye's glued to the rabbit. "I'm not the most in touch with emotions, and I wont pretend to know what it was that upset you, but I'm still sorry for it."

Graham Whipmane
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

No Place like Not Home

Postby Amunet on January 7th, 2016, 1:31 am

She closed her eyes at his apology. She was the one that was sorry. Inflicting her own sadness and shame on a stranger. He had no business apologizing. She looked into his concerned eyes. He at least cared some and it was nice to see. “My mother died in childbirth with my little brother. I was twelve at the time. Spent my time either learning herbs or medicines and became the midwife for the River Flower by eighteen. I have a good success rate with birthings. “

She didn’t bother with her silent oath to herself to ensure that while she was in attendance that maternal death and infant death doesn’t happen. It was perhaps an unrealistic pledge, but it what she pushed herself to do. “By the grace of Rak’keli that is within me, I serve Endrykas and out people.”

“Do not apologize. I must apologize to you for making you worry or upset in anyway. Times are hard enough without wallowing in my own self-pity.” She forced a laugh all the same even though she didn’t feel much better, he didn’t deserve that. “Let your wife to be known to let me know when she suspects she is pregnant. We can start pre-birthing care. “ The young Healer fidgeted with the meat on her stick as she nibbled at it. Her stomach was not responding to being hungry but she had to eat something. She was thin as is and the infrequent eating due to work or poor hunting was telling.
Amunet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

No Place like Not Home

Postby Graham Whipmane on February 1st, 2016, 5:17 am

"Ah." Graham nodded, still feeling slightly awkward. "I'm sorry for your loss." He found it inspiring however, that the young woman was able to take such tragedy and turn it into a positive force to direct her life and help those around her. "We'd be honoured to have someone such as yourself with the Whipmane Pavilion." He said sincerely, pulling another hunk of meat from the rabbit and putting it in his mouth.

He nodded seriously at her mention of Ife. "You'll be the first we go to." He promised. Graham craned his head back to seek out the position of the sun, chewing his last bite of meat slowly. It was getting to the time for him to return home, and with a tired sigh he pushed himself to his feet and dusted himself off. Turning to Amunet he sighed his thanks. "I meant what I said about setting your camp closer to my Pavilion." He said patting his side to get Fader's attention. "I expect to see you around more often." He grinned. "And thank you for the meal! You've far out done what my dinner was meant to be tonight." He finished, thinking of the dry crackers and scraps of jerky he had set aside that morning.

Turning, Graham made his way over to Cato, mounting her in one easy movement. "If you need any help, please let me know!" he called with a wave.

Graham Whipmane
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

No Place like Not Home

Postby Jasmine Stormblood on February 28th, 2016, 4:05 am