Ready for Adventure (Blythe)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Postby Keyta on February 24th, 2011, 5:30 pm

Keyta watched her reactions and felt it odd that she would think that the second picture was of herself. But interesting still, it wasn't really that important but it was one of her questions that she couldn't seem to understand. If only Keyta could figure out why she can't speak like everyone else, maybe she could learn to talk...

Keyta smothered the tiny fire with her hands since it wasn't even that large. She looked back up at Blythe and tried to figure out what the next move was going to be. But trying to figure out someone that you barely knew was a lot harder than she thought it would be. She figured that whatever happened though, she would just follow Blythe's lead for now cause she didn't really know what else to do...
Keyta
Silent and Observant

Words: 122829
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2010, 11:33 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Blythe on February 24th, 2011, 9:52 pm

A thin trickle of smoke slowly floated up towards the night sky. The smoke was so light, and so thin, that it was nearly invisible, and hardly smelled, so as far as Blythe was concerned, it might as well have not been there. She was surprised though, when Keyta had put it out. Had she read the pictures wrong? Blythe wondered, or was there simply nothing left to show her? Had the girl grown tired, or sick of trying to make her understand?

Keyta hadn't gotten up. At least, Blythe could still make out the outline of the girl's body even in the darkness. She hadn't heard her move either. So perhaps, she just got sick of the light or something, Blythe thought, as she called to her. "Hello?" she said, as she extended her left hand towards her, hoping that Keyta could still see it. She hoped Keyta would take it. It would be far easier for the two of them to remain together if she did. "Are you getting tired honey? Did you want to come back to my family's cottage to sleep tonight? Or do you have a place? We could always walk home together, and perhaps I'd see you around sometime," Blythe commented as her eyes started to grow heavier and heavier, slowly but steadily.

OOCWe should probably wrap this up soon-ish. Like the next few posts. We can always start another this season.
Not taking on threads until further notice.
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Words: 487329
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Keyta on February 25th, 2011, 4:46 am

OOCI agree, i was thinking you could use me to get you back to the streets and then you can show me your home and then I would just run off to go on my next "grand adventure" :P

The little girl noticed that Blythe had put her hand out toward Keyta, and began to wonder, is it truly this hard for these women to see in this light? Keyta stood up and grabbed her hand anyways, helped her up, and placed Blythe's hand on her shoulder and began to walk back toward the city. Keyta wondered where she could learn a few tricks to help her communicate in the future, obviously, something new is needed. Keyta also knew a new trick would be needed for other people to see what she is doing in the moon light, or maybe, the kelvic bat began to wonder, is it possible for herself to learn to be awake during the day like these women do?
Keyta
Silent and Observant

Character sheet
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Blythe on February 25th, 2011, 5:06 am

Keyta took Blythe's hand and they began walking out of the thick line of trees, and back towards where they had once again stumbled into each other. The moon was still high in the sky, and the silver stars were sparkling. Blythe's eyes were slowly but steadily adjusting to the night lights, although she still had trouble seeing at a distance. The air was cold for Mura, and rather thick. "You can come home with me for the night," Blythe commented as they walked along. Breaking the long and drawn out silence that had stretched between them. "It's getting rather dark out, and don't think it'd be the best idea if you went wandering home alone." Blythe thought about her words for a moment, before adding, "I'd walk you home too, but I'm getting so tired I simply don't have the energy for it. But you can wake up early and go wherever you need to. Surely one night won't worry anyone."

They walked for a few more minutes in silence before reaching the door to Blythe's cottage. It seemed so dark now. Strangely ominous and uninviting. "Well here it is," Blythe said with a smile, gesturing towards the cottage with her free hand. The walls were white, the roof seemed to be thatched, made of what looked like hay, among other things. "Home sweet home," she exclaimed as she took another few steps toward the door. When she got there, she extended her free hand and turned the knob counter-clockwise, as far back as she could. The door clicked, and she pulled it out towards her and Keyta.

"Come on in," Blythe said, "you are more than welcome here."
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Keyta on February 25th, 2011, 5:15 am

Keyta looked inside for a moment and then closed her eyes as she shook her head trying to say no thanks. She also put her hands in front of her and smiled for her in the dark. Something about Blythe just reminded her of something... she couldn't quite figure out what it was yet. But Quickly as ever, the little kelvic reached her hand in her bag to pull out one of the many fruits and held it to Blythe, and then back to the forest. Keyta was trying to say she needed to look for more, even though that was a lie at the moment, and only the gods know how Blythe actually interpreted it. But even so, Keyta put the fruit back away and gave Blythe another squeeze before running off into the forest. Keyta really did hate being alone all the time, but no one else seemed to ever be awake when she was. It did seem like to her that she might need to find a way to become a sun riser like the other people are.

OOCYou are more than welcome to post one last thing if you wish, after you do, you can put an End Thread comment at the end, or you can do that without an extra post, I'll leave it up to you to end it and send it in Blythe <3
Keyta
Silent and Observant

Character sheet
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Blythe on February 25th, 2011, 3:46 pm

Thinking that Keyta had been offering the fruit to her as some sort of gift or thank you, Blythe extended her right hand towards it, intending to pluck it out from between Keyta's tiny fingers. The fruit seemed to glow a ghastly white in the moonlight, but even so, Blythe was certain that it was an orange. It sure looked like an orange anyway, whatever it was. But as soon as the tip of Blythe's fingertips had brushed over the top of the fruit, Keyta pulled the fruit away. The girl gave Blythe a small squeeze about the waist, something Blythe interpreted as the girl's version of a hug, before running off towards the forest. Startled, Blythe's hands still lingered in midair. What a strange girl she thought, as she watched her go, not even realizing that she was waving good-bye with her right hand. She had returned her left to her side. "What a strange, strange, girl indeed," Blythe whispered into the wind as the dark outline of Keyta's body disappeared from view. Blythe wondered if she'd ever see the girl again, or if she'd be alright on her own. Blythe sighed, she probably shouldn't worry so much, she thought, surely the girl could take care of herself.

With one final sigh, Blythe's stomach rose and fell. She turned abruptly on her heels, and walked into her family's cottage. She closed the door as silently as she could behind her, and tip-toed to her room. She didn't want to wake anybody up. When she got there, she delicately pulled off her shoes, and changed into a nightgown before hopping into bed and pulling the covers over her. Hopefully, she would still have time to get a decent night's sleep before she had to wake up in the morning.

OOCAnd the cluelessness of my pc strikes again!
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alice on March 6th, 2011, 3:47 pm

Keyta

Experience: 1 Tracking, 2 Drawing, 4 Observation
Lores: Bumping into a Stranger at Night, Communication Problems, Drawing Pine Needle Pictures

Blythe

Experience: 2 Hospitality, 5 Interrogation
Lores: Bumping into a Stranger at Night, Talking to a Mute, Communication Problems, Interpreting Pine Needle Pictures

Comments

I really enjoyed this thread – good work, you two! Since it’s mainly a social thread, I tried to award as much as I could, but still couldn’t come up with much. The most interesting part, however, was the communication problem and how Keyta tried to solve it. For the future, I’d like to say that the more you describe your PCs’ actions (what they see, hear, smell, feel etc.) the more xp you will get.
Mura ... Starting Guide ... Konti

"Shard by shard she rearranges the world.
It looks the same, she says, but it is not. It looks as they expect, but it is not."

Gregory Maguire, "Wicked"
Alice
Shade of Grey

Words: 221259
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2009, 4:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1)

Previous