Closed First Day Alone Part 2 [Jasmine]

Part 2

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

First Day Alone Part 2 [Jasmine]

Postby Kaitanu on January 4th, 2016, 9:14 am

Whatever Kaitanu might have said was interrupted and immediately forgotten. Shouting of any sort always had an affect on the pale kelvic, though it would not be obvious to the casual observer. Mostly, he seemed to become more intent on his work than ever. Any sign of conflict sent the kelvic into a place of refuge in his mind; not a complete withdrawal, as he had to keep his wits about him. Loud noises, more specifically irate shouting, meant danger. It also meant disturbed horses that needed to be reassured and soothed.

Both gelding and mare looked up toward the main tent and began to paw at the dirt and tug nervously at their restraints. Kaitanu spoke quietly to them to keep them from panicking, but otherwise stayed where he was. He could not help hearing what went on, or note that Kelna was on alert from the other side of the enclosure. A deep frown set itself into her usually benign countenance, and she started toward the main tent. Whether Kelna intended to tell the man or Jasmine off was unclear. Kaitanu would have stayed out of it either way. Unlike Jasmine, the pale man had no fighting spirit. He was not yet at the point where he wished he did. In his experience it was always better to just stay out of trouble, even when dealing with troublesome people.

Thankfully for them all, but especially for the new colt, the man seemed in too much of a hurry to argue the point. He and Kelna might find Jasmine later for an extended tongue-lashing of very different flavors, but he had other things to do at the moment. At his departure and Jasmine’s re-entrance into the corral, Kelna strode over to where they were, not looking pleased at all. Kaitanu kept his head down and kept working.

“Jasmine Moonstone.” Kelna addressed the girl in Pavi. “That could have been handled better. You’re lucky he didn’t decide to continue the argument.”

While fairly easy-going as an employer, she had her limits, and there was a warning note in her tone. Hearing it made Kaitanu shudder slightly; he hated confrontations. At least Kelna wasn’t one for shouting or making a scene. Both gelding and mare were anxious enough, in spite of their interest in the new arrival. The colt looked genuinely terrified and cowed, something Kaitanu could certainly understand.

OOCHopefully this is ok. I think we're allowed to play Kelna in such threads without asking permission from mods every time, but I could be wrong. Anyway, Kelna is just as angry at the man for his treatment of the colt, but she's also got years of experience, and I think a lover of horses and a businesswoman would be more interested in avoiding conflict. If you think it doesn't work I can rewrite the post.

Common- Fluent
Pavi "spoken" and signed- Basic
Equine Language- Fluent
Kaitanu
A Shattered Vessel Holds Nothing

Words: 218710
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2014, 6:28 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Jasmine Stormblood on January 4th, 2016, 1:49 pm

Jasmine heard her employer and flinched some bowing her head and petting the young colt gently, "I am sorry miss, but I couldn't just stand by and watch him hurt the little one." Jasmine said with her head still bowed to show she was not trying to get in another fight with any one. "Take the colt out to the other foals and colts. Do not let me see you handle such an incident the same way or you will be the one in trouble," Kelna said in Pavi once more to the girl turning her head to Kaitanu, "watch over Jasmine for me. She is often times very reckless ignoring the danger of any situation." Jasmine did not argue with Kelna knowing she was in enough trouble as it was already. Once she had walked away Jasmine took the colt to the others before returning as her blood still sung as it coursed through her veins. "Sorry about running off on you Kaitanu. I hate people that act like pigs to their horses or other people." Jasmine said and made a face looking back where the man had been. Jasmine shook her head and sighed before helping calm the horses down, soon the horses had calmed and was at peace around the two handlers once more. Jasmine kept her head down for what little time remained of the work day to keep from getting in any more trouble. Jasmine stretched when Kelna called for the end of the day. "See ya later Kaitanu," Jasmine said and waved as she and Chaser left for the day.

The Clan is Strength.
The Clan is Life.
Last edited by Jasmine Stormblood on January 12th, 2016, 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jasmine Stormblood
The Clan is Strength, The Clan is Life

Words: 263067
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2013, 2:51 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Kaitanu on January 6th, 2016, 12:16 pm

Bowing his head to Kelna’s request, Kaitanu felt relief loosen his muscles. Mostly. What he could do to stop Jasmine from overreacting in future was unclear. He wasn’t exactly known for standing his ground, and Jasmine had a streak of obstinacy a mile long. At least the confrontation was over, though. Small blessings.

As his employer walked away the kelvic let out a few breaths to calm himself and, consequently, the horses. Both gelding and mare were still on alert. Kaitanu both saw and felt them tense up when Jasmine approached, though he knew it wasn’t because they were necessarily afraid of her. She had been part of the angry noises, so until they knew she was calm both horses eyed her carefully. The pale man was glad when Jasmine showed them that she had cooled off. The mare even sniffed at her as if asking if she was alright.

“There is no need to apologize to me.” Kaitanu felt once more that confusion at her treatment of himself. Mostly, though, he was distracted by thoughts of what he’d just witnessed. What was it about the Drykas girl that made her react the way she did? The man with the colt had been much taller than her, and obviously stronger, yet she had stood before him without the slightest trace of fear. Kaitanu empathized with the little colt’s terror, but never in a million seasons would he have protested out loud. Oddly enough, his passive manner of dealing with others would have served Kelna’s purposes better, but at their hearts the two women were far more alike. The pale, quiet kelvic didn’t have their fire. He could not have stepped in even if the man was killing the colt right before his eyes. At present his mind told him that was not his place, that it was not for him to even think of objecting. Perhaps in the future he would question this certainty.

For the remainder of the day, Kaitanu said little else, though he watched Jasmine without seeming to. Her silence gave more room for his musings. Yet, as he headed home that night, the kelvic’s mind was still a confused jumble. There was always a tiny part of himself, long-buried, that wished he could step between abuser and abused. But that dying spark of bravery would never flare into action as he was. It needed freedom to grow and expand in his walled-up heart. Right now, he could only stand by and watch others try, in their little ways, to right the wrongs of this world.

Common- Fluent
Pavi "spoken" and signed- Basic
Equine Language- Fluent
Kaitanu
A Shattered Vessel Holds Nothing

Words: 218710
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2014, 6:28 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Prophet on January 23rd, 2016, 4:08 pm

ImageImage

Well done, guys. I'm curious to see these two nurture their relationship. It seems like it could be something special.

Kaitanu
XP
  • Animal Husbandry: +5
  • Socialization: +5
  • Observation: +5
Lores
  • Jasmine: Strange ideas, golden hair
  • She doesn’t speak horse but I do
  • Kaitanu: Strong
  • Jasmine: Always happy
  • Music to soothe the wounds of the soul
  • Kelna: The Boss Lady handles her business
  • Silence is golden
Miscellaneous
  • Fun to read, as always, Kaitanu. You've got a wonderful handle on your PC's concept.

Jasmine
XP
  • Socialization: +5
  • Animal Husbandry: +2
  • Observation: +4
Lores
  • Jasmine: Perma-grin
  • Kaitanu: A real worker
  • Humming to pass the time
  • Are all kelvics so strange?
  • Jasmine: Not a fan of abuse
Miscellaneous
    Your writing is improving as you go, Jasmine. I want to point out a few things to you.
  • Endrykas has no floors as every business is some shape/size of tent
  • Yvas don't have reins
  • Suggestion: when you sit down to write, it might be a good idea to open up the lore article(s) associated with your topic. This way you can reference them as you go. It will make your writing more cohesive and also help you learn more about the culture.
  • You're doing great! Keep working hard.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Previous