Where the adventures begin (Conrad, Tebridiar)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

Postby Tebridiar on December 7th, 2010, 11:08 pm

What the heck was on her head? The frantically clawed at the creature and it clumsily flapped away, squawking all the time as it escaped in a flurry of grey feathers.

Tebridiar was still gathering rogue items of clothing and putting them on as she went. Her red waistcoat was at least matching her bright pink cheeks today. She could hear everything that was being said.

“Tamed!” She cried. “I think not!” She huffily tied her cloak while coming to meet the pair. “Not tamed, only… subdued.” She looked around, Aleksi straining not to burst out laughing and this human looking thoroughly bewildered. And he had the bird…

“Well, hello, I’m Tebridiar…” She said, holding out a hand as a welcome. “And you are… oh yeah, that man with the crazy bird.” She sighed, pretending to be irritated. She actually was quite happy a parrot had chosen to perch on her head, and he did have a lovable cheeky look about him… it made her want a bird even more.

Searching for that special one.
Tebridiar
She who Returned

Words: 108919
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2010, 10:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Conrad on December 7th, 2010, 11:48 pm

Conrad gave a small nod as the woman in front of him asked if it was his bird sitting on the top of the girl's head. "Well it is mine, raised it since it was a little chick." A warm smile spread on his face, as the parrot was chased away by the little girl and sat back on his shoulder. squawking a bit.
“Tamed!” The little girl yelled! "I think not!" the little girl walked towards him and the woman."Not tamed, only… subdued.” Conrad sighed.
"dear god, please tell me she can keep that overgrown cat under control. I only have begun traveling the world, I don't wanna end up in the stomach of some cat with a growth disorder!" He calmed down a bit as the little girl held out her hand.
“Well, hello, I’m Tebridiar…” he made motion to shake her hand with his claw again forgetting that it was still transformed. Realizing his mistake just before he could accidentally hurt the girl. "oh sorry, I always forget about those things." He gave a little smile as he redirected his djed to make the claw shift back to a normal hand. "Well that should do it," Conrad said as he looked at his normal hand again and took the little girls hand and shook it. "Besides I am not that man with the crazy bird. my name is Conrad, mage and doctor at your service." He looked towards the woman. "You still didn't intorduce yourself. Mind doing it?" He arched an eyebrow as he petted the parrot on his shoulder.
"And I know someone who is not going to get some nuts for this week." He said giving the parrot a dark look. "And its the only bird in the group now."
Conrad
Player

Words: 93619
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2010, 7:20 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Aleksi on December 8th, 2010, 12:07 am

Aleksi giggled as Tebridiar yelled. She was such a cutie, especially with other people around. It was such a thrill to be around that creature. Her eyes went toward the guy in front of her since he looked worried. She scratched Luc's head again and he made something that sounded like a purr... well.. sort of... maybe more like a cuddly growl?
Aleksi couldn't describe it, but she knew what it meant. She leaned down and placed a soft kiss on the cat's head before whispering "No boy, you're not allowed to eat the bird... and yes, you can go run around if you want to, just stay close in case something big comes around"

As soon as she was done saying that, Luc rubbed his head against her leg and gently tugged on her hand, having it in his large jaw. Many would think Aleksi was insane for letting him do that, but she actually liked it. Luc ran off and Aleksi then focused back on the two talking. When the man tried shaking hands with Tebridiar she stepped an inch closer, not being sure if he'll realize that his hand was not... quite safe. When he said he was sorry, she sighed and smiled again happily, wrapping her arm around Tebridiar's waist
"Well, I've already told you, I'm Aleksi of the Diamond clan... a Drykas woman... and that's a cute lil bird you have there, by the way... .
Her eyes roamed over the man before she leaned in and kissed Tebridiar's cheek "You're such a clumsy little thing, aren't you?", winking at her she sighed and turned her head towards the man again.
"You do know that you need a guide to get to Endrykas, don't you?"
Aleksi
Just your average (fe)male =)

Words: 187296
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 10:14 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tebridiar on December 8th, 2010, 12:22 am

Tebridiar loved being hugged, it made her feel like she was being built up again, to be a better person, being shared with another person. It made her feel special.

“Clumsy as anything, Aleksi. I’m surprised I haven’t broken a leg today.”

She looked at Conrad’s hand… it was now normal looking, flesh and bone. But a few seconds before… she could have sworn it was a sort of hooky claw thing, she could have ripped her hand on it. But his hand now felt warm and welcoming, and thankfully, safe.

“Don’t worry about Luc, he may look scary, but really… well, Aleksi says he’s just a big housecat, to be honest.” Tebridiar looked over to where Luc had gone, he appeared to be chasing a sort of moth-like creature. It made her smile. He looked large and threatening, but when it came down to it, like most things in the world, he was misunderstood.

Tebridiar continued to eye the parrot suspiciously. It gave a cheeky sort of look, tilting his head and eyeing her with a dark little bead. He however seemed innocent enough. But she was prepared to be proven wrong.

Tebridiar
She who Returned

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Conrad on December 8th, 2010, 12:43 am

Conrad just shushed the bird as the woman, aleksi she said that her name was right? said that he couldn't eat the bird. "Be glad she said the cat Couldn't eat you, I don't know if I could keep you safe from that big overgrown cat you know." Conrad poked the bird in its ribs, "So just keep your mouth shut will you? Or she might change her mind." His attention went back to the woman an the girl.
""Well, I've already told you, I'm Aleksi of the Diamond clan... a Drykas woman... and that's a cute lil bird you have there, by the way... ." Conrad just shifted a bit as he practically felt the womans gaze going over him. Though a his eyebrow raised as the woman wrapped her arm around the younger girl.
His counterpart joining the other ass she kissed the girl on her cheek. Though he did relax a lot when she just smiled and practically glowed from the attention.
“Clumsy as anything, Aleksi. I’m surprised I haven’t broken a leg today.”
Conrad just smiled at the little girl, "Well if anything hurts or something just let me have a look at it, I got the bandages and stuff with me so It really isn't a bother, Its kinda my fault anyway that you got hurt a bit." Conrad rubbed the scar on his face. Smiling a bit about the little girls comment.
"Well since the house cats are the only animals that kill for their amusement I don't rally know if I got to be comforted by it or threatened by it." he shrugged.
"But anyway, I know I need a guide to get to endryakas. So I just thought I would wander around in these fields until I ran into some drykas, and just admire the sights of outdoors. Though you two came just in time, my food was about to run out and my trap isn't working that well." He pointed to the wooden cage hanging on his backpack by a few straps. "I tried putting it up but I always got the lid on my fingers...Literally." he shrugged, the parrot on his shoulder making some complaints as his cushy spot was ruined and just flew to the little girl again resting on her head. "Besides I got a lot of questions about how the drykas can find their way to the city when it is constantly on the move. Is it that magic web or somehting like that? Or do you just follow a predetermined route?" He stepped a bit closer to the two girls a giddy smile on his face at the prostpect of getting his answers. "So what do you two say? You want to guide me to there and answer a few questions?"
Conrad
Player

Character sheet

Postby Aleksi on December 8th, 2010, 12:31 pm

Aleksi giggled at the comment about Luc, turning around and whistling loudly on which the cat came by instantly. "Bad boy! You shouldn't be chasing little animals... you were made to chase deers and Elks..", Luc made a whiny noise when he heard that and just cuddle against Aleksi's leg
"Now be a good boy and go say sorry to Conrad and his bird", she grinned at that command and watched the large cat walk to Conrad, gently licking his fingers and nuzzling against his hand "Good boy", she added and smiled at Conrad

"As long as his owner is safe, the cat is pretty much harmless... He can do a lot of damage in general though..", shrugging she just rolled her shoulders to the back. The way he looked at her kissing Tebridiar made Aleksi laugh. What was he thinking of at the moment? Oh well, she'd find out, eventually.
The healing offer got Aleksi's attention and she just started thinking about Tebridiar's scars, but didn't say a word about it, in fact, she just skipped it and added in a somewhat caring tone
"Well, I don't think it's smart to walk around here alone... especially with no horse... I mean, I can see you can defend yourself, but if something like Luc came by, you'd be at least heavily injured... ", sighing she shook her head at the bird flying over to Tebridiar's head and giggled a second later. That thing was adorable.
"Well, we've already taken a mouthy, brainless pirate to the city yesterday, so why not... if you can keep up, that is... and as for the magic web, I don't know, I'm one of those Drykas who don't believe in magic, but I do feel where my Clan is... it's not that I know.. I just feel it.."
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tebridiar on December 8th, 2010, 1:47 pm

Magic Web?

Okay…

Tebridiar hadn’t known that. She assumed the Drykas just new the cities location, and memorised where they went and how to get back. Heck, that’s what she usually did. She usually tracked her way back, following the scent she had left and any trampled down bits of grass or footprints, however faint.

The Drykas were… magical?

“Aleksi, your not seriously trying to tell me Drykas “feel” their way to Endrykas?” She was half expecting a giggle, and half expecting a serious answer. Somehow, Tebridiar could imagine a Drykas sensing their way to the nomadic city. It was where their heart belonged, after all.

And Aleksi was a very strong person, in body and in mind.

“Yes…” She murmured to herself. “It makes sense…”

The Drykas were a bit like animals themselves. The could sense a little more of their environment than a normal human could. They were magical, in their own way.

"Well, anyway, Conrad. We should get you to Endrykas. You should probably get a horse too. It'll help here, trust me."

Tebridiar
She who Returned

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Conrad on December 8th, 2010, 3:26 pm

Conrad nearly jumped out of his skin as the big cat licked his fingers and turned around looking right in its eyes. Gulping as he heard aleksi begin to talk.
"As long as his owner is safe, the cat is pretty much harmless... He can do a lot of damage in general though.."
I can believe that! Conrad thought to himself as he looked the thing over.
"Well, I don't think it's smart to walk around here alone... especially with no horse... I mean, I can see you can defend yourself, but if something like Luc came by, you'd be at least heavily injured... " Conrad just chuckled, Well actually I was just bluffing with that thing." He held up his normal hand. "I only know how to reshape my own body into other things, not how to fight good with it." He scratched his scar in embarrassment. "My master only leaned me that and a little bit of other magic, and I cant use that in offense." He shrugged. "So I am pretty much defenseless if something stumbled over me."He gave a smile to tebridair as she began asking questions about the 'magic' of the drykas.
he walked towards tebridiar and patted the parrot. The parrot squawked and flapped onto his hand walking from here to his shoulder.
"Well im not sure about how it works exactly I am not someone who know the magic, but I know that the magic form is almost exclusive to drykas because they don't want to give up its secrets, which is kinda stupid anyway if you think about it." Conrad shrugged.
"Well, anyway, Conrad. We should get you to Endrykas. You should probably get a horse too. It'll help here, trust me." Conrad shook his head as tebridiar began to talk about buying a horse. "I already have one animal to look after, I doubt I could handle another," Conrad pointed at his parrot. "Also think about what would happen if that little guy on my shoulder became jealous? I doubt it would be pretty." He gave a childish smile again. "Besides I like walking through the plane, no buildings, no mountains and best of all no irritating akalak!"
Conrad
Player

Character sheet

Postby Aleksi on December 8th, 2010, 3:45 pm

Aleksi laughed and shook her head. The way he talked about defending himself made Aleksi shake her head "Well, you should stick close to us for now". Her eyes moved over the parrot before gently brushing along Tebridiar's face. She was so amazing... so beautiful.. she...
Aleksi shook her head to get that though out of her head and just whispered
"Yes love, I'm saying I just feel where the Tent City is..."

Her fingers snapped lightly and Luc came back to her feet, she chuckled, looking down at him and shaking him a Grassland Sign on which he sat and just stayed still. Her hand reached towards the parrot and fingers just lightly moved over it's chest "He is such a cutie!. Aleksi just sighed and walked back to Nott, patting the horse's head before whispering "Well, I think we should move before the night comes by... it'll be pretty damn dangerous for all of us then..."

Her hand wrapped around Tebridiar and she added quietly "And maybe your curious, lil ass is going to get a chance to learn about magic and all that other cool stuff, a?"
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tebridiar on December 8th, 2010, 7:19 pm

Tebridiar snuggled into her future bondmate, giving her a happy squeeze. It was lovely to feel her hands touching her face, she was always in constant admiration of the gentle side of her. She was always so kind, even though she could be quick to snap at strangers that irritated her, which could turn interesting.

She longed to kiss her but she decided against it, this Conrad might not approve. Its different when your trying to wind up a pirate made of stone.

She was glad to hear they were going to be moving before nightfall, she preferred being safe in the city by then, with the warm lights emanating from the large white tents, bathing the city in a hearty glow. It was important in this bitter time of year to provide a sense of unity and warmth.

Tebridiar smiled when Aleksi told her she might get to learn about magic.

“I’d love to…” She fluttered her eyelashes, but she got irritated at the little hints of orange that invaded her vision. Blooming ginger eyelashes, she hated having red hair. “And “My curious little ass” will be welcome to finding out about magic Aleksi, very much so.” She flashed a cheeky grin.

Tebridiar
She who Returned

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

PreviousNext