Where the adventures begin (Conrad, Tebridiar)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

Postby Conrad on December 8th, 2010, 10:40 pm

"Well, you should stick close to us for now" The drykas woman said.
Conrad just nodded. "Sure! you women have more combat experience then me." Conrad said not feeling the least ashamed in being protected by women." he looked the other way though when the two women began to get mushy again with each other, not really wanting to be a bother when they did that.
Though he did look at the woman a bit strangely when she rubbed his parrot on the chest. Gushing a bit about how cute he was, he gave a stern glare to the bird."Don't let it go to your head little buddy." He wispered to him as soon as he tought the woman was out of earshot, "I doubt she is interested in you that way."
"Lot off booty straight ahead!" the parrot squawked out as the woman turned around, Conrad being just fast enough to shut it's beak so that the women didn't hear that comment.
"And maybe your curious, lil ass is going to get a chance to learn about magic and all that other cool stuff, a?" Conrad smiled at the two women as he heard that.His smile turning to an even bigger grin as he heard the response of the little girl. "Really?" He blurted out. "You guy's want to learn something about magic? I know I can only teach you a little bit and not the thing I used to shift my hand, though I might learn you two a bit about malediction if you really want to!" He now stood right in front of the two women nearly close enough to touch them with his nose. He looked like a kid that just got a birtday present from his father at the prospect of teaching what he knew.
Conrad
Player

Words: 93619
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2010, 7:20 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Aleksi on December 8th, 2010, 11:38 pm

Aleksi laughed loudly as the guy started making his offers. Once he began describing what he was doing with his hand, she sighed and whispered "Oi, chill it... As long as it's safe, I can handle it... but if she gets in any kind of danger, whatsoever, I'm jumping in and that won't be pretty..."

She hated making threats, but knowing Tebridiar and how curious she was, Aleksi was sure she needed to take things in her own hands. Looking up at the bird still, she kept Tebridiar close to her "And besides, I'm not sure how much time we'll have Tebridiar... We have trainings to do with Jarhal, and maybe we are a bother to Conrad... he might be leaving the Tent City soon.."

She then whistled and looked back, Nott making his way to Aleksi and brushing her hair with his nose. "Come boy, time to go..", she added, noticing Luc standing up and moving right next to Nott. She moved her gaze onto Tebridiar and smiled "Would you like to ride on Nott love, or should we walk?". Aleksi didn't mind either, so waiting for the answer didn't make her feel strange at all.
Aleksi
Just your average (fe)male =)

Words: 187296
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 10:14 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tebridiar on December 9th, 2010, 12:22 am

Tebridiar wasn’t disheartened to know that they wouldn’t have much time. She knew how it was. She looked into Nott’s doleful brown eyes, but she knew what she wanted. She was tired of constantly being on a horse, she wanted to be down to earth again.

“I think I’ll walk.” She said proudly. “I haven’t really walked properly in quite some time, I’m afraid.” She sighed, pointing the tip of her toe and swirling it around in the dust, breaking some of the brittle blades of grass. Walking seemed appropriate.

She felt like she was letting down Nott, and she went close to him and looked into his eyes, apologising silently, brushing his nose with the tips of her fingers.

“Sorry boy, but I think you deserve a bit of time without me sitting on your back.”
She sighed eventually, letting go of him. She gave him a little smile as she walked away, letting him know she was still there.

"So, Aleksi, how far do we have to go?"
Tebridiar asked, scanning the horizon. They had travelled pretty far in a short time.

Searching for that special one.
Tebridiar
She who Returned

Words: 108919
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2010, 10:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Conrad on December 9th, 2010, 10:56 am

"Oi, chill it... As long as it's safe, I can handle it... but if she gets in any kind of danger, whatsoever, I'm jumping in and that won't be pretty..."
Conrad's happy face faded like snow in the dessert,
"Well since all magic is dangerous I better not teach her any then." Conrad gave a nervous chuckle,"The malediction, which is the safest magic I know, can be pretty unpredictable with knowing what the thing does when you turn what you made on." He scratched the scar that marked his face.
"Though morphing is a lot more dangerous, really you don't wanna know what happens if it goes terribly wrong. Would let me lose my lunch to if I started thinking about it." Conrad shrugged, a little bit of relief that she said the comment about her castrating ,or doing something even worse, if he learned the little girl something dangerous, he was a bit attached to those bits, thank you very much! He just looked away from the flirting women again, still wondering if he should report something about that, a grown woman with a child, Something just felt ... wrong about that. But conrad kept his mouth shut, if he began questioning the thing they where doing, they might just leave him here and dying of hunger only a few days away from the place he left from! That was not how he thought to end his life, he still had so many places to see, so many cities to visit so much more to learn about magic he just couldn't die here already! He was shaken out of his thougths as the women stopped whispering to each other.
"Would you like to ride on Nott love, or should we walk?" The woman said still looking towards the younger girl.
“I think I’ll walk.” She said, a look of pride on her face. “I haven’t really walked properly in quite some time, I’m afraid.” Conrad just laughed as she said that.
"Well it looks like I won't be the only one who walks today!" He walked towards tebridiar and gave her a rough pat on the back.
"So how long would it be towards endrykas? No matter how much I like the plains here it can get a bit off a drag though." Conrad looked at aleksi patiently waiting for his answer.
Conrad
Player

Character sheet

Postby Aleksi on December 9th, 2010, 11:20 am

Aleksi smiled as Tebridiar said she will walk. She seemed rather close to Nott, apologising like that. For every Drykas, and especially this one, it was beautiful and relaxing to watch Nott and Tebridiar get to know each other better. It seemed like they could understand each other very well, and Aleksi knew they could, because Tebridiar was one of them. One of those beautiful creatures every Drykas was depending on.

When the man patted Tebridiar's back, she smiled and gently moved her hands closer to Nott, showing him a few Grassland signs which made him and Luc turn around and start walking. The animals knew the path as well as any Drykas did, so it wasn't strange that these two are going first. Luc was there to protect Nott, and Nott just liked walking on his own, and besides, the three, or well, four if you count the sqwaking parrot in, won't be long behind them.

She sighed and turned around towards Tebridiar, adding softly "Well, if we're walking it might take us a full day, if not more...", shrugging she turned around and started walking after the horse and Luc, not wanting to let them walk too much ahead of them "We should hurry though.... the more we go over before the night, the better... I don't really like being out in the open, even with knowing this much about the wilderness... it's just not... safe.."
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tebridiar on December 9th, 2010, 11:52 am

Tebridiar wondered what to do…

A day? It seemed a long time. And they could be out in the night… It was unsafe. Then she got an idea.

“Well, if it takes too long walking, how about I use my other form and one of you can ride on me? The other one can use Nott, and we can get to Endrykas in less than half the time!” She suggested, looking at the two people. It seemed to make more sense.

She wasn’t keen on the idea of being out late, with prowling cats and strong-billed terror birds stalking in the grass alongside them. She had nothing to defend herself… if only she had a bow. And then that little fanciful thought of a bird struck her again, it made her smile.

Ah, if only. She thought to herself, imagining some sort of arrow wielding wilderness girl, armed with her trusty hawk and merciless bow. She imagined pulling the strings quickly, releasing a torrent of sharp-tipped little sticks and piercing through flesh and bone. Ugh, well the killing part didn’t seem that appealing… but in self defence, it didn’t seem that bad of an idea.

Hmmn. Well a girl can dream, can’t she?

Tebridiar
She who Returned

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Conrad on December 9th, 2010, 6:14 pm

Conrad smiled at the prospect of arriving at endrykas in only a day.
"That's great! I still have enough food to make that trip! I don't even have to eat my little buddy's nuts!" the parrot gave a angry sound as he said that. Conrad patted the disgruntled parrot on his head.
“Well, if it takes too long walking, how about I use my other form and one of you can ride on me? The other one can use Nott, and we can get to Endrykas in less than half the time!”
Conrad blinked at what the little lady said. "Your a kelvic!" He blurted out leaning a bit closer to tebridar as she said that and pocked her a bit in the stomach.
"Well I really gotta see how you transform! I always wanted to watch that." A grin formed on his face, completely forgetting that she would have to be naked to not rip her clothes to pieces.
"So I vote for that idea ladies." He looked to aleksi. "Though if your.... bondmate?" Conrad said a little bit concerned, It would make a lot more sense if they where bonded and did that stuff with each other. "You are bondmates right? Or is she just your friend and did she bond to someone else?"
Conrad
Player

Character sheet

Postby Aleksi on December 9th, 2010, 6:42 pm

Aleksi giggled as the bird made that funny noise, but then her attention went back to Tebridiar. Her suggestion wasn't too bad, but she wasn't sure how would Nott handle that. She'd have to try and she sure as hell doesn't want some random guy riding the most precious thing in her life.

Her fingers lightly moved over Tebridira's shoulder as she whispere "Well, let's see how will Nott handle that... I'll do my best..", she whistled, seeing Luc turn around and Nott following him. They came back to them and she just leaned in, whispering "Thank you boy", against Luc's fur before moving up to the horse. He seemed happy and she just rubbed his head, feeling his nose playing around with her hair "See this man here Nott?... He's a friend.. and he will climb on top of you now, and will ride you..", she gently stepped towards Conrad, making the horse touch his shoulder, the one that didn't have a bird on it. Nott didn't seep to happy about the decision, but since he was a rather friendly animal, and it seemed like he approved Conrad, Aleksi decided to whisper "Try climbing on him while I'm here... and...", at the man's comment about Tebridiar transforming in front of him, she giggled, trying to be as calm as possible "Well, I doubt she would feel comfortable naked in front of you, but that's up to her.. and well.. she's my bondmate-to-be", Aleksi added proudly, while looking in Tebridira's eyes.
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tebridiar on December 11th, 2010, 12:47 am

Tebridiar felt pleased.

Bondmate to be, Bondmate to be, Bondmate to be…

It danced around her mind happily, giving her a contented smile. She was happy to help, and her Kelvic form was quite possibly one of the most useful you could get. And as long as she trusted the person, they could know she was a Kelvic.

And she seemed to trust Conrad. Or maybe that’s because Aleksi did, but she didn’t feel guided by her. She was quite independent and she showed it in funny ways.

"I would love to show you how I transform, but I... I'll only let Aleksi see me in my own skin." She tried to explain. "She knows why, I told her... something happened to me, Conrad. I don't trust them anymore, not like I used to." She hung her head.

“Well, I won’t get naked in front of him… I can't. I don't like it.” She started to quiver, talking mainly to Aleksi. She still had restrictions about that. He was nice, kind, and simply curious. Though deep down she was reminded of those men, and their horrible abuse. Maybe its why she felt attracted to a woman, she didn’t know, After all that had happened… did she find it harder to warm to a male? “I'm sorry. Ill take my clothes of in the grass. Ill need someone to pick them up, of course!” She grinned slyly, looking towards Aleksi.

She disappeared into the longer areas of grass, quickly stripping herself, then she transformed. She unsteadily emerged from the grass, her head hurting a bit, though that would clear up. She went straight over to Aleksi, nuzzling her hair.

She gave an apologetic look at Conrad, trying to show her she was sorry for not showing him. Hopefully he'd find out one day why, or maybe he'd guess. Or maybe he'd "magically" find out. She didn't care, as long as she didn't have to repeat any of it, ever again.

Tebridiar
She who Returned

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Conrad on December 12th, 2010, 3:37 pm

Conrad got a nervous look on his face when aleksi guided her horse towards him,the horse slowly touching his shoulder.
"Ack! hands of me stuff mate!" the parrot squawked at the horse and flew towards the horse landing on his head and bend over one of the sides, looking the horse right into his eye.Conrad just sighed at the behavior of his parrot.
"You guy's see why I didn't want to buy a horse? I would have to put up with behavior like that all the time. Conrad nervously patted the horse on his neck though, hoping that he didn't irk his little buddy further while he did so.

Conrads nodded as aleksi said he should try to climb on the horse, though his face fell as tebridiar didn't want to transform in front of him.
"Well I can't force you to if you don't want to." Conrad sighed a bit disappointed at not being able to see a kelvic transform first hand and tried to climb up the horse and failing miserably at that, falling back on the ground landing hard on his but.
"I'm sorry. Ill take my clothes of in the grass. Ill need someone to pick them up, of course!” Conrad just looked at tebridiar as she ran into the grass a few moments later a horse unsteadily emerged from the grass and went over to aleksi nuzzling her hair a bit while it gave hem an apologetic look.
Conrad just smiled at her giving her a short wave as he did."Nah its allright if you didn't want to let me see, though can somebody help me get on this horse? I haven't sat on one before." He said while embarrassingly scratching his scar, hoping that he didn't sound to pathetic to the horse kelvic and the drykas.
Conrad
Player

Character sheet

PreviousNext