PM to join [Kinell Hot Springs] Misty Moonlit Bathtime

Saej takes a bath at the hot springs.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

[Kinell Hot Springs] Misty Moonlit Bathtime

Postby Saej on December 5th, 2015, 8:43 pm

¤

Winter 52 515AV

Smoke rings floated lazily above a head covered in thick dreadlocks with frizzy, springy curls standing out from the crown of her head in wild abandon. She was seated at her usual spot at the table in front of the hearth in the Obsidian Club, drinking her mug of ale* while puffing pensively on her pipe filled with the tobacco blue vision, or bluvi as she lovingly called it. Only moments ago she had ordered bread and a hunk of pork, but to be frank she was getting sick of eating the same old same old day in and day out. How she yearned to be of common stature so her diet could have fruits and vegetables in it rather than only the staples, protein and fiber with the occasional vegetable soup thrown in the mix. It was a hard knock life being of the poorer crop, but hopefully after winter let up and spring pushed up through the snow she would be able to have a higher condition of living, it was all she cared about was to get through this season without taking ill. She had hardly any kina’s to her name and wouldn’t be able to afford the medical bill.

Perhaps when she got her fat check next season she would look into hunting her own food.
‘Though, that would require a weapon.’ She thought sullenly, ‘I could look into a long bow, like Hip has, but I’m not sure that’s really me. Maybe I could get into trapping, there’s gots-ta to be a book in the library on that. Aye, it’d be nice to have me own meat to cook. I could even keep squirrel tails for toys for Thak!’ Her spirits picked up at the thought of the spoils from the hunting and she sat smoking her pipe enjoying thoughts of fresh deer meat and rabbit stew made by vegetables from her very own garden and rabbit caught by herself. ‘I’ll have to grow lots of potatoes… Ohh! And carrots. And onions…’ her stomach growled despite having eaten her lunch already. ‘I can’t stand the damn thought of it. I wonder how difficult garlic is to grow as well. Me thinks I’m going to have fun next year, if I could just have the money to do all of this.’ It felt like the spring was never going to come. Especially with all of that snow outside. She was roused from her thoughts of merry meals by a man and his companion, someone who looked to be his own brother, chatting loudly at the table next to her.

“AH hahahaharr!” The laugh was bellowed from the bottom of his stomach, the first man, who wore a tweed hat, was doubled over with laughter. “Yer a lucky man, Samuel!”, cried the second man wiping tears from his dirty face, the tears left clean streaks where the dirt was rubbed away, his skin was a dark, tan brown underneath the dirt. Samuel slapped his knee and continued on laughing. Saej almost had turned her attention away but he finally spoke. “In anycase I was out at my usual stream, a-fishin’ and a-reelin’ away when Lottie came up to me…”
‘Fishing!!! By Zintila that would be perfect.’ The idea struck her as too good to be true, she loved fish. It was a staple back in Wind Reach. The man began detailing the, gross, things he and Lottie had gotten up to by the stream and Saej was happy to ignore what he was saying. She had half an ear on him when she heard him mention the word “springs” rather loudly and she pulled her attention back to eavesdropping on the graciously open man’s conversation.
“Ye-up. It was right over by them Hot Springs of Kinell.”, Samuel detailed. “Great place to get ‘er on at. Keeps yer buttocks warm, ar har har har!” His brother snorted. Unfortunately Samuel wasn’t much to look at, nor was his brother, and Saej found herself repulsed by the thought of him or his brother petching anyone.
She stoked the last of her pipeweed with her finger, pressing the cherry farther into the burnt up bowl. Her lips puckered and relaxed twice on the stem of the pipe and the smoke retreated into her lungs. Just a few more puff’s and the bowl would be kicked. As she considered the notion that there were hot spring’s in Lhavit, and how it was ridiculous she never had ventured to them before, she realized that they would be the perfect place to take a bath. Her bathing routine consisted of heating up snow in a pot on her hearth and using the corner of her blanket to wipe down her body at home. ‘I’m going to leave right now and get this shyke going. It’s already the fifth bell into the day.’ Saej left Samuel and his brother to their mildly disgusting boasting, trying not to think about Samuel doing the deed at the place where she was about to bathe, and went up the the counter to order her dinner, bread and a wedge of cheese. It had been decided she would picnic at the hot springs as well as bathe, might as well make a go of it. Once the food was procured she left to go find her home, which wasn’t lost but was rather a skip and a jump away, and visit with Thak before leaving to the Kinell Hot Springs.

Despite their lack of good looks the brothers had a couple great ideas. It was a solid thing in Saej’s mind that she was going to buy a box of tackle and a fishing pole next year and teach herself to fish. ‘How hard could it be? Shyke all you did was wait until a fish bit and the little bobber went into the water and then yanked it back up, fish on the little string thingy...’ This was what she remembered from childhood, fishing on the Twin Lakes with her family.
Last edited by Saej on January 7th, 2016, 10:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage
°*·Speaking in Common|¤|Speaking in Nari|¤|Thoughts·*°
Saej
Spiral Out

Words: 103413
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2014, 2:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Saej on December 5th, 2015, 8:48 pm

¤

Saej had backtracked to Zintila peak and bought a lantern*, ready to use, at the market before heading home, finally. Thak was outside waiting for her and pranced around mewling his hello’s while likely scolding her for making him wait for so long. When she opened the door he dashed inside, tail high in the air, and walked in circles around the plate she would leave him food. She broke off a piece of the cheese she had got earlier and left it on his plate. He began eating it carnivorously, she thought ‘Must’ve been a hard day.’ And asked him, “Didn’t you catch any mice?” He ignored her and kept on eating. Lucky, although in this instance unlucky, for him he was an outside cat which gave him freedom to eat at his will, though during this season he spent more time inside and eating her food than hunting. This is the way it always was, winter brought them closer together.

A year ago, when she still lived at the Shooting Star’s Inn, Thak had presented himself to her one day in the middle of winter while she was coming home from work. His small, furry little body was no match for the winter cold and it seemed he had been abandoned by whatever caretaker had him. Even then she was scraping for cash and hardly had enough to feed herself but out of generosity she took the mewing bag of fuzz home with her, where she raised him in secret out of the eye of the Inn’s servants as she didn’t want him to get kicked back out into the snow. Unbeknownst to her she could have simply asked, but she enjoyed the thrill of a hideaway cat and it never struck her mind to ask permission to keep the cat with her. While she was out at work, she worked as a waitress then, she would keep him out in the alley beside the Inn all day until she returned home and stuck him in her backpack to be snuck into the Shooting Star for the night as she refused to leave him out in the cold. She hated being cold and wouldn’t dare leave him out in the cold if it was something she couldn’t stand herself. When the day came and she finally had her own house it was easy to move him, he simply stayed in the backpack until she let him free at the Okomo Estates earlier this winter. He sticks to the Estates and seems to enjoy living here more, without shame, rather than living in the Inn.

She was seated on her bed when he finished eating, Saej had been watching him like a mother watching a child, and when he was done he walked over to her and leaped on to the bed to be with her. His paws were cold from being out in the snow, despite his protests she grabbed one in her hand and rubbed it between her fingers trying to warm them up, snorting while she did so. This wasn’t something he enjoyed and there was no way she was going to get away with it. His flat face contorted with furry anger and he growled, a high pitched, throaty noise, but when that didn’t stop her he opened his mouth to bite her, little fangs peeking out of the open maw. Luckily for Saej he wouldn’t actually bite her, just bit the air around her fingers, and she laughed out loud while releasing his paws from her grasp. “I love you Thak,” she laughed while giving the spot between his ears a hearty scratch. Her gazed at her haughtily through one slit eye but accepted the pets and eventually purred.

Last edited by Saej on December 11th, 2015, 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Saej
Spiral Out

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Saej on December 6th, 2015, 11:21 pm

¤

It was half past the sixth bell and the sun had completely disappeared from the world, leaving Zintila’s stars in her wake. Leth’s moon shone down not as big at two nights before but still round and brilliant, illuminating the street below in a semblance of the daylight. The inarta had just left her house, leaving Thak to warm himself by the newly blazing hearth. Saej had went out with her the lantern, lit up in order to shine the way, and her rucksack she had on thrown over her shoulders; filled with her soap, her dinner wrapped neatly in some old rag, a blanket to dry with, her pipe and tobacco, and the flint and steel.The first thing she needed to do was track down a Shinya in order to get directions to the Hot Spring. It wasn’t long before she found someone clad in skyglass armor over top the familiar blue and white uniform, the devout guards were all over the city diligently working twenty four bells a day. She thought their numbers a bit overkill, with how peaceful the city was, but also assumed that was why the city was so peaceful in the first place. As it goes, better to have and not to want.

She mustered up her personableness and tapped the Shinya on the shoulder, she had found one near the gate of Okomo Estates.
“Hello!” The smallish girl greeted the Shinya woman warmly.
“Why hello!”, said the woman smartly, caught off guard by the inarta. “Is there something I can help you with?”
It was like she could read minds, “Actually yes, ye wouldn’t happen to know how to get to the, oh what’s-the-ma-called… Ah!” She put her right pointer finger up then slapped a fist down into her left hand, “Kinell, I remembered, Hot Springs? Do you know where that’s at?” Squinting at the woman, she didn’t have to wait long for the reply.
“Zintila peak, it’s down a winding path. Out there in the wilder part of the outskirts of the city,” the guard eyed her subjectively, giving her a scolding look, and flicked her chin up to Saej, “What are you doing down there so late anyway, can’t you tell it’s dark?” The question was rhetorical but hit its mark, Saej stiffened at the question despite knowing she was doing nothing wrong.
“Just a late dinner and a swim is all, heard is was a pleasant place to be.”
“Hmph”, Said the woman. “Carry on then, it’s past the front gates just a ways. There’s a sign, with that lantern you can’t miss it. Hope you’re up for a hike.”
Saej thanked her and scurried away, happy to be away from the piercing gaze of the woman as she flitted away quickly and didn’t even register the comment about hiking. She was so relieved, in fact, she sighed out loud when she was finally twenty paces away from the Shinya. Not that she had anything against the law but she found their questions were always looking to cause trouble in your life. Too nosy for Saej’s liking even if she was never up to anything illegal. Not to mention word on the street was many of them were corrupt, to Saej that meant the lot of them were to be stayed away from. She wasn't about to get nabbed up for having her shoes tied the wrong way on a holiday.

Luckily for her Zintila’s peak was hardly far away, she merely had to pass through Shinyama peak to get there. It was well into the night and the entire temperament of the city had changed. It wasn’t often she got out in the nighttime hours, but the city was still alive and well. Ethaefal roamed the streets, their horns brilliant in the pure moonlight, and she watched one pass into the tea house on her way to the front gates. The way the Ethaefal moved was almost as if they were floating, so graceful always. The nighttime bustle reminded her of a masquerade, everyone dressed up in blues and silvers, the city really shifted when day turned into night. Even the hue of the city changed as the glass from the sky, as you know many of the houses and businesses were made from, turned to suit Leth, casting its cold luminous glow on their world. One of the many reasons Saej loved living in the starry city; skyglass made her perk up nearly every time she saw it. As a glassblower she yearned to get her hands on it knowing that it would be the pinnacle of her glassblowing career to even make a single windowpane from the stuff.

Finally she made it past the Sundial Circle and on to the path which lead down into the hot springs. The guard was right, the lantern illuminated what the combination of the irradiated flora and the moon couldn’t light up, as Saej saw through the warm glow of her new, trusty lantern a wild path made of dirt winding down the side of a mountain. ‘A couple miss-steps here and I’m done for.’ She thought as her foot kicked a rock off the cliffside during her decent downward. Her arms flopped lazily at her sides as the slope was steep as she tried her hardest to keep the lantern steady.

ImageImage
Saej
Spiral Out

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Saej on January 7th, 2016, 6:50 pm

¤

As she made her way down the dirt path she checked out the trees that, although were bare, she felt like she could tell some of them apart. She remembered, from her studies at the library, the low hanging trees with droopy branches HAD to be nokkochi, if they weren’t then they were certainly some short weeping willow’s. Their small stature told her they HAD to be nokkochi and as she passed under some of the lowest branches tickled her head. She wished it were springtime so she could see their blossoms, for a moment she was swept away in whimsy by the thought of the orange petals lining the walking path to the hot springs. It was beginning to get dark out but the combination of the luminous flora and her lantern gave everything a glow. She wasn't sure if she wanted to continue on but assured herself it wasn't far and she would only have to brave the walk back in the dark. The Zintila touched flora let out a blue to purple hue, beautiful and sullen, and as she passed through the glow her lantern gave way to its orange glow as it cast aside the glow let out by the irradiated plants. Saej was walking with a slow pace, carefully watching her footing as she made her way down the sloping dirt path as the moon rose in the sky.

‘It would have been better to come earlier,’ she mused and kicked herself in the arse, ‘aye perhaps then I wouldn’t be afraid of taking a plunge down this mountainside.’ Truly she wasn’t afraid, she’d fallen off of high perches or missed a jump bruising herself many a time before back home, but she didn’t enjoy the thought of licking her wounds so far away from home, if she did fall she’d have to walk her happy arse back to her cottage unbathed and probably dirtier than she had begun. And so she made her way down paying attention to her footing while the bare nokkochi branches tickled her head.

The route was gorgeous, even in winter. It was chilly, mildly, with a cool wind but Saej’s thick dreads were enough to keep her ears warm while her cloak protected her against the harsher winds, everything but her nose and her right hand which carried the lantern were bolstered against the cold. She would be happy to make it to the hot spring. Above her bare branches reached out to the sky looking as if they wished to touch the stars twinkling above them. There was little greenery and even less snow. After only walking about 10 chimes down the path it began to get even more wild. As she walked she kept an eye on the forest to her left side, being careful to watch for any strange noises, she wasn’t interested in encountering a wolf or worse. Whatever was worse than a wolf. A rapist or something. She didn’t know but her paranoia told her there was SOMETHING out there just waiting to mug her or tear her flesh apart. It’s funny, she would never be afraid of falling off a cliff or delving into an unknown territory, but put her in the dark and she is capable of coming up with the most far fetched ideas about what’s in said darkness even if she only needed to pass through a few paces, such as an alleyway or the like. ‘It’ll all be worth it.’ She told herself, breath quickening as her eyes darted from her feet to the dark and back again. She was looking forward to a warm bath very much. ‘All ye need to do is just walk this short distance down the path and ye will be to the hot spring.’ Then it dawned on her and she groaned. ‘What am I going to do about light while I’m bathing…? I think the lantern will be enough but I don’t really know. Oh by the gods I should have just came during the day. What the petch is wrong with me--’ Just then, as if by fate, ahead of her a twig snapped.

Saej leaped into the air, startled by the noise. She gripped the lantern partially out of fear and partially to steady it, as it sloshed and creaked from the jerky movement. If it were brighter out her face could be seen as going pale. “Who’s there?” she cried out into the darkness, holding her lantern up to get a better view of the path before her.

Seeing no one she rapidly moved it to the forest beside her, trying to peer into the darkness. Voices began to rise cutting through the silence and she swung her lantern back to the path in front of her.

The bend a couple yards before her began to be illuminated a warm yellow and she could hear someone laughing. She was rooted in place, where these people going to mug her. ‘This is all your fault, you’re going to be mugged. Hopefully when they see I don’t have anything but food and soap on me they’ll let me go-- but not without raping me first. You should have just went during the day, what’s wrong with you.’ In truth they sounded like someone just like her, like as not returning from the hot springs, but she was already creeped out by her short walk here and wasn’t mentally prepared to meet anyone. The lantern began to crawl nearer and nearer to her while Saej fought the urge to bolt, rationally she knew it was just people but this did little to quell the fear. Finally, after a few chimes the muggers showed themselves.

Last edited by Saej on January 7th, 2016, 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Saej
Spiral Out

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Saej on January 7th, 2016, 8:33 pm

¤

ImageThey were a couple, not much older than Saej and seemed to not have heard her cry. The woman was clutching the man’s arm and in the throes of a laughing fit. Saej began to feel better, her gut was right; there was nothing to fear. That didn’t keep her from feeling, still, a little weary of the pair. She stayed where she was and waited for them to approach her. The man spotted Saej and tapped the woman’s arm which held on to him as he pointed. Saej waved meagerly as the woman, still grinning, waved to her in earnest.
“Hey!”
Came her cry as they came right up to Saej, stopping a few paces before her. All of their shadows were tossed around everywhere from the different vantage points of their lanterns and the plants, the shadows casting an appearance at their feet similar to the branches above them.
“Is there something wrong?” The man asked probably because Saej was rooted in her spot like a deer in lamplight.
She came to enough to reply, “No ye just startled me is all.” As she spoke her breath came out in an icy wisp, it was getting colder.
“Say, mayhap ye would know how much farther I have until I get to the hot springs?”
Both of their hair was matted in frozen clumps, indicating they had both been wet not long before, but instead of drying the cold air froze the hair together, giving them a dread locked appearance, almost. She still had prickles, but even they were leaving as this happy couple brought smiles and light with then.
“Oh you still have a longgg way to go,” came the woman’s reply. “Got a late start I see?”
‘I should have heeded the guard,’ Saej internally grumbled.”How long, exactly? Have a guess?” she prodded.
“Oh a couple more miles, likely. But I couldn’t be sure. No more than two miles though.” The man replied to her.
Saej simply stared at them, unbelieving. She hadn’t heard when the guard told her it was going to be a hike and wasn’t prepared to walk that far down the mountain at all. It was getting cold out and she was ready to flee at a moment's notice. There was no way she was going to continue her hike. Image
“Great,” she grumbled but then spoke up to say, “Thanks, I’m Saej. I’m glad to have met you here. I thought you were a wolf or something evil, couldn’t say what.”
The man and woman smiled at her, chuckling to themselves. “Ha! You’d be more likely to run across a wild cat than a wolf up here, Saej. Evil though, huh? Not usually.”
The man stuck out his hand, “I’m David. This is Leira.” He motioned to his brunette counterpart by squeezing her to him.
“I said it’s a bit chilly to be walking down creepy,” he wiggled his free hands fingers at Saej during the word ‘creepy’, “paths in the dark, even with a lantern. We left a little bit before it got dark but even we couldn’t beat the setting sun. Syna had it out for us I guess.” David chuckled again.
“Cats! Ha! I have one of those, he’s pretty wild himself. Never seen a real wild cat though.” She glanced out to the forest, “Not that I’d really want to.”
“No kidding!” Said David. “We have a cat too, three in fact. Hairy buggers, likes to get on the tables. Blimey things.”
Saej laughed, “Aye, I could say the same for Thak.” She liked these people.
Leira looked up at him, then back to Saej. “You know we aren’t doing anything tonight. What are you going down there for? We could join you on your walk, then you won’t be here fending off wild cats and evil-doers on your own.” She grinned.
Saej shuffled, uncomfortable and embarrassed. Here she was, acting like a chick so bad these strangers were offering to “protect” her. If her brother could see her now he’d laugh. She needed a smoke. “I don’t know about that.” She said, trying not to sound rude.
Even though, in truth, she would love to have their company because she had been freaking out before they showed up she didn’t want them to think she was a weak little chick. Never mind all this. She was going to just turn around and head home after waiting for them to walk up the path, petch the hot springs.
“Oh c’mon then.” Leira let go of David and got by Saej’s side, wrapping an arm around the shorter girl’s shoulders, “It’s dark out, plus we forgot our blanket down there.” She released Saej, “We were just going to leave it there for the next person to scarf up but now we have a reason to travel back down. Seems we would be going the same way.”
Saej wasn’t sure how to feel about the hug from a stranger but let it go, these people were very friendly.
“Well, all right.” She conceded. “I would be grateful.” It would make the walk much better to have company, though she would need to keep her knickers on if she was going to take a bath. With that the trio set off together down the path, their twin lights shining the way.
ImageImage
Saej
Spiral Out

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Saej on January 7th, 2016, 9:55 pm

¤

It was dark by the time they made their way to the mile mark, they had been chatting about their cats the whole way down. Saej really liked these two people and they complimented her hair a lot saying they always wanted to try out dreads but didn’t have the guts. With the sun gone it had dropped much in temperature and their breath was noticeable as they spoke. They way had been made very enjoyable with their company.
“So, you going to make it to the Azure festival?” asked David.
“Azure festival?” Saej asked. She’d heard of it but wasn’t sure what it was all about.
“Yeah! It’s the winter fest. Loads of people will be on the streets, you should join us!”
“Sure.” Saej replied, though it was half a lie. She probably wouldn’t go, but she didn’t want to with the man as he was likely to prod her into saying yes.
He grinned as he walked hand in hand with his lover, his free hand holding out the lantern.
“Aren’t you cold?” she inquired, she was freezing underneath her cloak even with her pants on.
“Me? Nooo I love the winter.”
“I’M freezing,” said Leira with a shudder, “I hate the cold.”
“Aye!! Me too. I can’t stand the winter season.” Saej agreed with her throwing a wary eye to David. “I wouldn’t trust him too much Leira, he seems a bit touched.”
They both laughed and Saej’s own laugh joined in with them, the night was filled with their merriment. They walked together in silence for a few chimes before David asked Saej,
“I can tell by your, well, your hair and your accent you’re not from here. You’re an Inarta aren’t you?”
“Aye, so it is. I miss my home.”
“How long have you been in the city?”
“Only about a year now. What about ye two?”
“I’m from Sunberth, originally,” Leira said with a slight smile, “And I’m glad to be gone. My family moved here when I was ten years old.”
Saej didn’t know much about Sunberth but thought it best not to prod, seeings how it seemed to hold few good memories for the woman.
“I’ve lived here all my life.” David said, “Tell us about Wind Reach! I always love seeing the eagle riders pass through here.”
“Ah, my brother is one of them. A well off merchant. I mean there isn’t much to tell, I was as typical as they come. Spent my younger years as a fool inside that mountain…” she trailed off, she didn’t speak of her teenage life often.
“But didn’t we all.” David said in a happy tone. “I can’t say I look back on my own youth too fondly. And my style was just awful, gods. I’m glad to have grown up.”
Saje chuckled. “Me too, I feel much wiser than before. Have you ever tried funkus? I haven’t heard of it around here. It’s quite the teacher. I wish I would have done it sooner.”
“Funkus,” came Leira, “isn’t the the mushroom that makes you see things? I hear it makes you jump from roofs, thinking you can fly.” David laughed.
“No, not that I’ve heard of anyway. It’s very common around Wind Reach. I did it out in the wilderness surrounding though, with the aid of my teacher. When it’s used properly it can… show you things. About yourself. About life. I learned from it the meaning of light and dark within humans souls… You just have to do good because you need to do good, there’s too many bad people out there, we have to be the ones to make the light shine.” And they seemed to do a very good job of it. It felt good to speak about her past, it had been too long since she had a decent conversation.
They only had about ten more chimes to go. A bird fluttered from the trees, uttering a cry that sounded like a delightful song. Saej paused from her soliloquy to listen and watch it fly away.
“What was that bird?” She asked them, in slight awe at the beauty of its song.
“Oh, that? That’s a kinell kingfisher, there’s a whole flock of them at the hotsprings, it may be a bit dark but you picked a great time to come to the springs, they come out after dark to sing. Sound prettier than a lark.” David said, they too had paused to watch the bird flutter off.
“We aren’t much longer now. But please, I’m interested. Tell us more about the funkus. Is it fun or just mystical like you make it out to be?”
“Oh it’s fun. Will give you a right fit of the giggles if you don’t watch out. Plus the visuals you get are phenomenal. There’s nothing like it. I would try it if you get the chance. Ask my brother, Hip, for some. He’s a Inarta trader. Or any of the Inarta traders, I bet they’d be more than happy to bring you back some, for a price of course.”
“We know, we’re regular buyers of Temper from this guy named Gris.” He grinned and Saej grinned back, a knowing passing between them. He turned sheepish. “Sorry, we smoked our last bowl just before we met you else I’d offer you some.”
“That’s fine…” Saej said, a little disappointed, “I have some blue vision in my backpack as it were.”
“Do you really? I love the shyke.” Leira said.
No wonder they were so friendly. Petching stoneders.

As they drew closer the sound of birdsong graced their ears. Saej was moved, she’d never heard anything like it. She thought to herself she’d like to capture one and have it live in her house to sing for her.
“Ahhh, I see we’re naught but a couple chimes away.” It was true, the air seemed a trifle warmer here. They rounded a bend and the trees were carved out. Before them sat a beautiful hot spring. The birds song was in harmony with the cascading waters from the mountainside, the waterfall letting into a deep pool illuminated by greens. The entire oasis had a green hue and combined with the mist trailing off from the emerald waters it was a sight to behold, Saej thought she would never forget it. Beside one of the rocks was a light blue blanket, they sat their lanterns on a rock, though with the moon and the luminous green pool they hardly needed it, and David went to retrieve it.
“By the gods,” he said, “I had almost forgotten how lovely it was out here at night. I think we can spare a few more chimes of our evening and hang out here with you Saej, if that’s okay?”
Saej was seated on a rock and had dug out a her meal from her rucksack, eating on the rock, which was warmed by the waters, happily.
“I don’t care.” She said with her mouth full, a bit of bread pooping out of her mouth as she spoke. She mopped the corner of her gob with her hand. David and Leira sat with Saej as she ate, all of them resting together listening to the cry of the kinell kingfishers seated in the surrounding faelong trees.
ImageImage
Saej
Spiral Out

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Saej on January 9th, 2016, 12:06 am

¤

Saej felt kind of rude to be eating in front of her new friends, but they said nothing about her food. They sat for awhile more, legs swung into the pool talking about the lizards that lived around here. David told her they make great pets, he even had on as a child. It must have been nearing the eighth bell in the day and finally, after the return hike, they asked if they could leave Saej to herself now.
“See, it’s not so bad,” said Leira, “Enough people walk the path that no one would dare hurt you there, even now, lots of people come to see the springs at night. Not to mention so many people coming and going scare off the wild animals around here, too. You don’t have to worry about anything.” They had their blanket and were ready to go, already headed up the path outwards. They all waved their goodbyes, Leira even blowing Saej a kiss.

Saej was sad to see them gone. She wasn’t sure if she’d ever see them again, probably not. Their soothing words left her feeling better and she was sure she’d be able to traverse the path back upwards without being a fraidy-cat. She still had half of her meal left, half of the bread and a quarter of the cheese left, thinking she’d like a bite more when she was done bathing.

With them gone she got right to it, not wanting to waste any time in case someone wandered down while she was bathing. She disrobed and left her things on the rock, to stay warm, beside where she kept her backpack and the lantern. The emerald glow of the pool was almost eerie as she lowered herself into its depths, sinking down in its steaming warmness to her neck, swimming out to where she could barely touch; then lowered herself the whole way thereby dunking her head underneath the water. Warmness surrounded her entire being and she wouldn’t have came back up but for lack of air, she did and kicked her legs once sending her back to the surface. The song of the kingfishers had died down, the trio’s initial disturbance is what sent them all crowing, but a few still sang on calling and answering each other. She tread water, up to her neck, and kept an eye on the lizards that were nearby. They reminded her of the stars above her with the little flecks all over their bodies and she loved them, thinking she would like to take one home if she had anywhere to put it.

Swimming back she grabbed the tea-tree bar soap from her backpack, leaning against the rock as she rummaged around in it, and lathered it in her hands, rubbing her arms and armpits first with the soap. It smelled great, and tea tree kept bugs away which was good. If she caught lice or fleas in her dreads they would NEVER come out save for the most drastic measure. Another good thing about tea-tree, and why she loved to use it, was it has anti-bacterial properties so she was getting extra clean. Some people thought the smell pungent, but Saej loved it thinking it was a great, earthy aroma.

The waterfall would be a great place to wash off, if she could get over there and it wasn’t too hot pouring out of the spout. Naked as the day she was born, she swam across the pool to the waterfall, cutting across the water smoothly and leaving an elegant ripple in the waters behind her. In some parts the green hue turned to black, showing her it was very deep in those areas and she reminded herself to steer clear; thinking something might reach out and grab her. After a couple of chimes she was across and pulling herself up to the area where the falls were. To the left of the water coming down was a large, flat rock which was well big enough to stand on as it was nearly a yard across by about a four feet long. It was half covered in water as some of the water from the falls splashed on to it.

Lifting herself on to the rock she began to lather down the rest of her body, starting with her hair, redoing her arms and her torso, washing off each leg. While she bathed she sang a tune she made up herself off of the top of her head one night while drinking with her mates back in Wind Reach. They would sing together while camping, it held many fond memories in her heart. Her voice was light and kept the tune well, though she didn’t sound that great to the ear the ditty had a nice ring.

We sing this shanty
for all to hear
to raise their spirits
and have a beer!

Cheers!
We sing to the day!
Cheers!
We sing our troubles away

Raise your flagons
to another day done
a pint of mead is next to none!

Cheers!
We sing to the day!
Cheers!

We work hard each day
for our bread
and come back here
‘fore we rest our heads!

Cheers!
We sing to the day!
Cheers!

Brothers and sisters
arm in arm
we sing this song
with our drunken charm!

Cheers!
We sing to the day!
Cheers!

ImageImage
Saej
Spiral Out

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Sebastian Whitlock on January 12th, 2016, 3:04 am

Whistling softly, boots hit the ground as Sebastian made his way along the darkened path. He’d not been out to the springs since he was little and his father decided to get him bathed after a long hard day. Being a single father wasn’t the easiest thing, he was sure of that, watching his father struggle day to day. That didn’t stop Seb from becoming frustrated with his father’s constant nagging and pushing. Turning his eyes up to the amass of stars beginning to pop out along the darkening sky he wondered how his father was getting along and if he felt relief from the burden of living on this planet.

His whistling became softer until it stopped as he realized that was the first decent thought he’d had about the old man since he’d passed. It clenched his heart as he remembered the day it happened. Shaking his head he tried to clear the darkening thoughts and bring them back to the soothing bath he was about to have.

Footsteps, quiet talking and chuckling could be heard further along the path as he continued his slow descent. A pair rounded a bend, snuggled close to one another. It didn’t bother him that others could do that with each other but it had never really been his thing. Sure he liked a beautiful woman now and then but he’d never been one to take it any further than one, maybe two nights. There were a few women he could think of off the top of his head that he would run into every now and again, trying to flirt with him and gauge if they could be the one to settle him down. He’d never really felt the draw to that kind of lifestyle though, he enjoyed the carefree one he’d had when his father had been around. Now it was a slightly changed story, he didn’t have as much free time as he would like but that made it even better that he wasn’t tied down so he could spend those few hours he did have however he wanted.

Nodding to the couple as they passed, he continued his way. Unsure of how much further he had he began to pass his time with thoughts of the current project he was working on at the shop, a small set of kitchen knives for a chef. He’d requested three different sizes but it was of utmost importance that they held and they had a good grip on the handle. He wondered if one of the others could help him with the woodworking for the handles as that wasn’t a strong suit for him. It wasn’t everyday that he worked with wood, unlike the constant of metals.

Rounding the corner the view of the Spring came into view. It was quiet, no one appeared to be bathing, which he was grateful for because he just wanted a little time to himself with nothing to think of and clear his mind. However the relief was short lived as vibrant red locks peeked above the surface of the water and bobbed. Pausing as he began setting his things on the ground he watched trying to determine if the person was male or female. As they turned he could see the high cheekbones and the long neck. Definitely a woman.

Although he would have preferred the evening alone he was grateful that it was a woman that would be sharing the Spring with him and not some hulking fat sweaty men. He watched as she lifted herself out of the water, apparently not noticing him standing there staring at her, onto a rock and then slowly lathering her skin with soap. Yeah, he was very glad it wasn’t another man. This was a much better view.

She'd started to sing and he began looking around at his things, himself, the ground, her and the water trying to think of the best way to let her know of his presence so he wouldn’t startle her or cause a scene. It brought a thought to his mind as he wondered if she would be peeved that he was going to bathe. Shrugging, he threw that out as he didn’t care what she thought about it; He had just worked all day, was covered in at least a weeks worth of grime from hammering, shaping and molding metal for hours on end. On top of that he’d just made the long arse trek up to the Springs to get a bath. So that was what he was going to do.

Nodding to himself and trying to ignore the naked redhead that was bathing across the way he began to strip. Determined that he wasn't going to let awkwardness or formalities keep him from getting into the steaming water that was calling his name to soak in.

Stripping his shirt and trousers, throwing them over his bag next to the water's edge, a breath sucked in sharp as he slipped into the water. Muscles tightened and then relaxed as his body became comfortable with the temperature. Wadding in so that he was waist deep he snuck another glance at the woman as she cleansed herself. Might as well enjoy the view that’s provided, better than staring at the stars and being forlorn. Turning to the side he spoke, “Hey there, just wanted to let you know that I’m going to be bathing. I’ll be over here so I don’t bother you.” He lifted an arm, water dribbled back to the surface as he pointed in the opposite direction of where she sat.

If she hadn’t noticed him already then he didn’t know what would alert the woman to his presence. The last thing he wanted was a fiery woman screaming after him for trying to bathe.
Sebastian Whitlock
Got a Drink?

Words: 22645
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2015, 2:34 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Saej on January 16th, 2016, 11:53 pm

¤

It had been… how long had it been since she last had a proper bath? She didn’t want to think of it. It’s not like she stunk, she did the melting snow and wipe down thing at home, but her pores just felt good; they felt invigorated. SHE felt invigorated. Not noticing the newcomer she continued to lather and rinse off her body with the soap, singing to herself. Its pungent smell filled her nose and when she washed her face she held her breath, last time she got some of the lather in her mouth and up her nose it burned and tasted like ass. As she washed herself the soap she washed off of her body went back, being carried by the fountain, into the hot spring where it didn’t sit but dissipated. It was a happy moment for her, bathing here, and she was glad to have came. She worked fast wanting to beat any other people who would come here to relax or bathe as well. Unfortunately for her it didn’t work out that way.

She had finished her song and her thoughts drifted from her teen years to her earlier idea on learning how to fish. It would save her money, and give her an excellent pastime, if she could get any good at it. Speaking of fish, one just jumped in the spring. How peaceful this place was, she loved it here and would almost certainly come back soon to bathe again.

Then, a voice spoke, male. She had just begun her second rub through of the soap, thinking she might as well double scrub while she’s here, but jumped at the sound, surprised that someone else was there so soon. The Inarta swung around, dreadlocks soaking wet and plastered to the sides of her head. Through the steam she spied, what she could see, what was a naked man, good looking at least, and wasn’t sure if he had any trousers on or if he was only partially naked. She didn’t strain to find out.

Letting out a startled “eep” she simultaneously realised that HADN’T been a fish she heard and she had no idea how long he’d been there, all the while jumping from her spot into the spring; soap spreading out around her from where the spring rinsed her off. When she resurfaced she tread water, it was deep here, and Saej used her scrawny arms to hide her bosom, crossing them in front of her breasts as her feet kicked under the water to keep her afloat. ‘I wonder how long he was here watching me before I noticed!’, she thought to herself, getting creeped out. It wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world, the man was rather handsome, but she didn’t know if he was some kind of rapist or lunatic. He had said he wouldn’t bother her.
“I’m-- I’m sorry.” She stuttered, unsure of what she was apologizing for but knowing she should say something. She felt awkward. This was her first time in a public bath.

‘Clothes. Right.’
“I’m just gonna put my knickers on, ah… I’ll be swimming over here.” She said dumbly, as she spoke the words it dawned on her she didn’t have to tell him shyke, in fact to ease the awkwardness it might be best just not to talk to him; but all the same she spoke to him as she, arms still folded, kicked her way across the spring until she finally got to the other side. From there she swam a little bit to the left of the man and was coming in his sight now, she hoped her would do the dignified thing and turn away from her but she didn’t stop to look if he would, keeping her eyes safely trained away from any… extraneous bits the man may or may not have floating around. Finally to where her lantern was, and all of her stuff, she rose from the spring and climbed out of it. It was chilly, here on the outside, and she shivered as she rummaged through her bag until she pulled out her blanket, which she wrapped up in and used the edges to ring her hair out. Then finally, after some more digging, careful not to bend her arsehole straight at the man, she found her bra and underwear. Even though they were dirty she threw them back on again, figuring they would get clean, well sort of, in the hot spring’s warm waters. Her pipe and tobacco was in there as well, she got it out and packed a bowl of blue vision, or bluvi as she called it. She sat down on the rock and brought her legs up to her chest, like a sitting fetal position. Holding the pipe stem between her teeth, while steadying it by pinching it between her knees, she used her hands to strike the flint and steel in an attempt to light the pipe and lightly sucked in through the stem to create airflow to stoke the flames. She’d done this before and now it only took a few tries to get the pipe lit. Stoking it with her mouth by puffing on it, sending smoke rings curling from the top of the bowl and a puff of smoke out of her mouth, she restored her flint and steel back in her bag and laid the blanket on the rock the lantern was on to keep it warm.

While this was happening she only once threw her eyes over to the man, and it would seem he had his eyes trained away from her, ‘Good so he isn’t peeking, at least this man has some respect. Or at least he isn’t peeking right now…. OH! Petch it, it’s not like no one’s seen a boob before.’ Now with her jiggly-bits all covered up she felt better about getting back in the spring. She wasn’t going to leave, no way. It took almost a whole bell to get here, she wanted to stay at least until a couple chimes before Midnight Rest. Saej planned on going to bed around then anyway and the walk back would be just what she needed to send her snoring. She returned to the spring, holding the pipe in her left hand high above the water, she didn’t want to get it wet, and kept the tobacco open beside her on the rock in case she wanted to put more in the bowl to smoke. The water was so warm she had to smile, this was great. Just what she needed to relieve some stress. Taking a long drag on the pipe she blew it out in smoke rings and for a moment, as she watched the stars twinkle through the mist that was rising, she forgot that guy was even there.

ImageImage
Saej
Spiral Out

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Sebastian Whitlock on January 27th, 2016, 10:47 pm

Splashing and a soft screech reached Sebastian’s ears from the direction of the woman. He wasn’t sure what she was doing and was a little hesitant to look. Grabbing the soap from the edge he rubbed the piece between his large hands, suds frothing and dripping into the water. Steam rose from his skin as the chill winter wind whipped and a light swirl of visible breath escaped his lips. Gooseflesh crawled across his skin where he was exposed above the surface of the water.

His focus remained on scrubbing the stubborn grease and grime from his skin, taking his time and letting the hot water seep into his body and relax his muscles. The day had been long and he was grateful for the spring. That thought brought his mind back around to the woman as he lathered the soap again in his hand, applying it to his short hair.

It had become quiet behind him and he wondered if the redhead had left or if she was still bathing. Turning slightly, his fingers working the soap into his scalp he glanced from under his arm in her direction. Sitting on the edge, draped in a blanket, she sat cross legged smoking a pipe. His interest piqued as he watched the smoke curl and snake from her lips. His mind shifted from wondering if she was covered under the blanket to what was in the bowl.

Leaning forward he let the waters pull the soap from his hair, the suds lazily swirling around creating intricate patterns on the surface. Using the excess to scrub on his face, cupping his hands and splashing the hot water to rinse. Straightening he used a hand to rub the excess water from his eyes and shake his hair out. He turned as he shook and glanced back in her direction to see if she was still smoking. A cloud puffed from between her lips confirming. He called out his craving and curiosity getting the better of him, “Hey,” he moved forward slowly but still kept his distance, “mind if I ask what you’re smokin’?” He pointed toward the pipe, glancing toward it and then back toward her face.
Sebastian Whitlock
Got a Drink?

Words: 22645
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2015, 2:34 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next