Open An Ambitious Endeavor (Open)

In which Rey attempts to organize people, to mixed results

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

An Ambitious Endeavor (Open)

Postby Yisanareysin on December 7th, 2015, 9:02 am

82nd of Winter, 515AV, 7th bell

Eastern Advance

Rey stared up indignantly at the monster looming over. Really? Of all the possible snakes it could have been, a rattler? Really? Ugh.

Of course, it wasn't really a rattler. For one thing, it was twice as thick as Rey was, and near three times as long. For another, it had a spider head. But still. Insulting. Rey grasped his dagger tightly, as did the men around him.
"Alright, here's what we do for that one." A spearman had taken leadership of this group of a dozen. "Dhani, you distract it. Keep it off the rest of us. Archers, aim for the head. The rest of us will attack it from the sides. Don't let that club hit you." Rey sighed. As the fastest of the group by a very significant margin, Rey had been designated the distraction. It worked, of course, and he was more effective as a distraction than he was as a fighter, but still. Rey had had a few close calls over the last bell or so, and he didn't know how long his luck would last.

It went well at first. The spidersnake was a slow, dumb brute, and Rey led it around in circles, while the others wore it down. Rey even got in a few strikes with his dagger, for all the good it did. The creature was slowing, bleeding... well, goo, when someone made a mistake.

More specifically, someone was too good of a shot: a crossbow bolt sailed through the air, and sank into one of the monster's eyes. The creature went berserk, thrashing and flailing, its clubbed tail suddenly dangerously close to them. Rey managed to jerk out of the way just in time. His fellow fighters were not so lucky. He heard screams and crunches as several fighters were hit, but ignored them. Instead, he readied his weapon, and darted towards the front end of the creature, reasoning that most of the club damage would be closer to the tail end.

As he drew closer to the monster, he lashed out, his blade biting into it. It didn't seem to have much effect, but his companions, those that still stood, at any rate, followed his lead, joining him in attacking the creature from the front. Before too long, the creature lay dead, ichor leaking from a thousand cuts.

Of the original dozen, three were standing. The spearman, Rey, and one other human, a swordswoman. Without speaking, they went over together to see what had become of their comrades. Five were dead. One had a shattered leg, two were clutching their ribs, and the last lay on the ground, blood pooling under his head. Carefully, the three of them carried those that still lived into the shade of a nearby building.

"Now what?" The swordswoman asked. The spearman shook his head.
"Nothing we can do but keep fighting." He said wearily. "None of them can walk, and between the three of us, we could maybe carry two of them back to camp. The healers will show up eventually. Better if we go out and keep fighting."

Rey considered that for a few moments. He normally didn't care about humans, but he'd been fighting beside these ones for over a bell now, had put his life in their hands, and he felt.. not indebted, but a little sentimental about them.

Also, Rey really, really wanted an excuse to get off this battlefield. "No." He hissed. "Sstay here with the hurt people. I go get healersss." The spearman frowned.
"You want us to just stay here with them, when we could, and should be out fighting?"
"Protect." Rey retorted. "Find other hurt people, put all here. Here iss enough far back to be ssafe, yess?"

He didn't wait for an answer, instead racing off back to the southern camp. The path back was relatively clear, and within chimes Rey was at the Bastion. Now, he just needed warm bodies to help him out. Looking around, Rey scanned the plaza. Most of the people were busy at work on one thing or another, but... There.

Two humans, a man and a woman, fairly young from the look of them, standing around looking terrified. One of the latest batch to come through the door, perhaps. Slithering over to them, Rey spoke, ignoring how they flinched away from him. "Need help. People iss hurt. Help carry them back?"

The two glanced at each other, then nodded, both still rather nervous looking. "Good. Find otherss. Ssix, if iss possible, or more. Meet at water sspring in five, ten chimes." As the two went off, hopefully following his instructions, Rey headed off in the direction of Ionu's mercy. He was gonna need a stretcher or four.

OOC NoteAnyone who wants to jump in, feel free to do it however you want, I guess :3

Snake Tongue | Common | Arumenic

ImageImageImage
Yisanareysin
Sneaky Snake Spy Extraordinaire

Words: 314458
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 7:40 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Anthere on December 13th, 2015, 5:02 pm

It was chaotic, to say the least. This was the kind of situation that made one want to cower in fear, or flee to safety. Of course, that was't exactly an option. Sure, there was more organization than the day before, but it wasn't exactly safe. Far from it, actually.

One of the creatures tried to approach Anthere, but it was far from threatening. It was relatively smaller than most in the area, and had the general shape of what was once a dog. Even as someone who didn't know how to fight very well, the Nuit easily drove her dagger into the poor creature, justifying the action as "putting it out of its misery."

Turning another corner, an interesting sight stood before the Nuit, if not a bit terrifying. It seemed to be a snake, but its head resembled that of a spider. Whatever it was, it made Anthere's skin crawl, and she shivered. There was a group fending it off, and she considered trying to assist, but knew she wasn't capable. Finally, they managed to fell the creature, and the all-too familiar substance that was contained within the girl's own body leaked out of the creature. The result were a few dead, and some more injured.

An even stranger sight was before the girl. Something that seemed generally human, but far more reptile. Although, this thing wasn't lashing out, but rather seemed to be on their side. It took her a second to realize he was a Dhani. After this creature was killed, the snake-man went off, hopefully intending to get something that would help.

Anthere considered approaching him and asking if he needed help, but before she could, he had already disappeared up a path. She continued to wander, unsure how she should help any of those in the current situation. So she stood there, a bit disoriented and unsure how she fit in to all of this.

A chime passed of her merely absorbing the terrifying views, and the girl wished more than anything that she could go back through the door. "E-excuse me?" A tap on the shoulder dragged Anthere out of the depths of her thoughts, coaxing her to turn around. A woman stood there, also seeming a bit disoriented, but she seemed to have an idea of what she was doing. "I-uh.. I was told to find some people. We-- we need help with some injured."

It was a relief of sorts that the Nuit was given an opportunity to help. "Sure. I'll gladly help," she replied, and she followed the other woman. They approached another person, and Anthere stood back, still unsure how she'd help. Finally, they had a small group of three, and they continued on, finally stopping at a rendezvous point. "I was told to wait here," the recruiter said, "We should have a couple more people arriving in a bit."

Sure enough, another group showed up, but this one was merely a pair. The other seemed to be led by a man, and they waited by the spring. After about a chime, Anthere asked a question of the woman. "Why are we waiting?"

The recruiter replied, "We were told to meet someone here."
Last edited by Anthere on December 18th, 2015, 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anthere
Player

Words: 22788
Joined roleplay: October 18th, 2015, 11:57 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sayana on July 18th, 2016, 12:36 am

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request. If there's anything I may have missed, please PM me and I'll be happy to look into it.

Reysin
Skills
  • Observation: 1
  • Weapon: Dagger: 1
  • Acrobatics: 1
  • Leadership: 1
  • Running: 1
  • Organization: 1
Lores
  • Leadership: Leading by example
  • Leadership: Giving direction
  • Alvadas Event: Battle of Winter 82, 515

Anthere
Skills
  • XP
Lores
  • Lore:
Comments
If you become unretired, PM me and I will grade this.

Comments: Nice set up, but too bad it didn't get very far. I liked how Reysin made use of people who weren't otherwise fighting.

Your Grader,

Sayana
Boxcode design: Firenze
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)