Squwaky things are always welcome (Conrad)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Aleksi on December 29th, 2010, 9:18 pm

She smiled and nodded, standing up and starting to slowly walk towards the market, listening to Conrad making comments about his bird. It was quite cute... the way this man was connected to the little thing on his shoulder that liked to talk a bit too much.
Did this human have the same bond with his parrot, as Aleksi had with Luc? Did they understand each other as much?
There were so many questions Aleksi wanted to ask, and she will, as soon as she stops giggling at the comment.

Her eyes moved back to the man "I doubt any animal would annoy Tebridiar... and She is more and more into the whole bond thing, so I think she would like to, as well as me, learn about you two... it's interesting to see how a man can bond with a bird... Like we, Drykas do with our horses..."

Her fingers moved up to tie her hair, rather tight for some reason, looking over, to her side and whistling a strange melody, on which a growl could barely be heard, somewhere in the distance. It was Luc, obviously, responding to the melody he knew. Aleksi just smiled at that and sighed happily, walking a bit faster.
"I hope your thighs don't hurt much after the riding..."
Aleksi
Just your average (fe)male =)

Words: 187296
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 10:14 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Conrad on December 29th, 2010, 10:32 pm

"The you haven't seen my parrot then,He is able to annoy everyone I know and then some." He sighed,"I don't even know the amount of times he got me into trouble, lost count a year after I got him."
A small smile made it on conrad's face."He really is a little feathered ball of trouble."
His hand instinctively went to his shoulder to gave it a few light pats on the head, only after he patted himself on on the shoulder he realized that his parrot was still in his tent. he looked back at Aleksi, quickly upping his pace as she began to walk faster.
"I hope your thighs don't hurt much after the riding..."
Conrad just rubbed his thighs, winching a bit as she reminded him of that.
"Eh, yup they do, you aren't going to get me on another horse for the rest of my life if it isn't completely necessary."
He just shrugged tryin gto forget that,"Anyway, where are we going to?"
Last edited by Conrad on January 14th, 2011, 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Conrad
Player

Words: 93619
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2010, 7:20 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Aleksi on January 7th, 2011, 9:37 pm

Aleksi smiled at the comment about his parrot, before she began speeding up again. Her eyes moving all over the tent city, as if trying to find something before she quietly added
"Well, we are heading towards the market... You wanted to check out some bones, as far as I remember... and Luc should be done soon as well...With more then one rabbit, I hope..."

Her fingers moved along her thighs, as if she was checking if she felt any pain, shaking her head and giggling right after she did that.
"You seriously need to learn how to ride a horse ya know.... You're going to need it around here, trust me..."
Her eyes met Conrad's for a second, before she pointed slightly to the left, whispering "That's the place..."

It was a rather dark tent with quite a few males around it. It seemed like they were yelling about something.. which they probably weren't since to Aleksi, all of them seemed like giants who were screaming their butts off 24/7.
Last edited by Aleksi on January 15th, 2011, 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Conrad on January 7th, 2011, 10:38 pm

"You seriously need to learn how to ride a horse ya know.... You're going to need it around here, trust me..." Conrad let out an annoyed sigh when Aleksi urged him to learn how to ride a horse again.
"If I let you laugh your but of at my attempts to learn how to ride a horse would you leave me alone? I got on a horse once and I was barely be able to sit on it." He followed aleksi when she steered to the left and walked towards a tent, trusting her judgement he followed her inside the darker tent and he was almost overwhelmed by the noise, People where loudly talking in pavi to each other and though Conrad didn't speak a word of pavi you didn't have to to see that this was a regular market and from the smell of freshly slaughtered animals this was probably the place to buy meat.
Conrad walked a bit closer to aleksi, not wanting to lose his only guide here, not to mention that he wasn't able to buy his bones if he didn't have her to translate.
"Hey, aleksi!" conrad had to speak a bit louder then normal to be understandeble through the noise.
"Where do you think it would be the cheapest? I am not swimming in miza you know."
Conrad
Player

Character sheet

Postby Aleksi on January 8th, 2011, 1:46 pm

Aleksi shook her head and frowned, lightly pushing her hair back and adding
"Well, I ain't laughing at you for that, you know... It's not that easy to ride a horse and besides, I really don't want to explain why someone I had lead into the city has died two days later..."

Walking into these tents was always a pain in the ass. Aleksi hated it more than anything actually... all the noise, those annoying smells and skin of all these huge, crazy men touching her was... quite far from what she had hoped for in any day.
Looking back to see if Conrad was following her, she walked to the table with little, furry rodents and pointed at them
"These would be the cheapest ones... the ones that are not all that edible either... but are pretty easy to catch.."

Looking up at the man who was selling them, she just rolled her eyes. He was too busy talking to some random guy about some random things he did in his home with his wives the other night. Wow.... these men were getting more and more stupid every day
Last edited by Aleksi on January 15th, 2011, 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Conrad on January 8th, 2011, 2:33 pm

"Well, I ain't laughing at you for that, you know... It's not that easy to ride a horse and besides, I really don't want to explain why someone I had lead into the city has died two days later..."
Conrad just shook his head in confusion,
"Well why would you think I would die if I couldn't ride a horse? It isn't that an important skill I thought."
He followed her towards the table she had pointed to a few minutes ago. He picked up one of the rats by the tail and examined it.
"It isn't a rabbit but I probably could do something with this," A smile spread on his face. "Hey big guy! I'll take one of these." The drykas behind the table just looked at him and said something in pavi. Conrad just blinked stupidly.
"Say, Aleksi could you say to him that I will take one of these?" He turned towards his guide and just smiled.
Last edited by Conrad on January 14th, 2011, 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Conrad
Player

Character sheet

Postby Aleksi on January 13th, 2011, 6:18 pm

Aleksi laughed at the parrot, mumbling something he surely wouldn't understand in Pavi and just sighing sadly.
Yes, she already missed both Nott and Luc. After all, she was a Drykas and if there was anything in their life that was important was their horse and any animal they are close to, in general.

When Conrad made the comment about riding, she just started laughing and shook her head
"I'll show you why you need it", she whispered, before looking at the male Drykas. he obviously didn't understand a damn thing Conrad said, so she rolled her eyes and pointed at the rat and added in Pavi
"We wanna take one of these... I hope they aren't all that expensive since they sure as hell don't seem all that healthy"
The man laughed at whatever Aleksi said and just rolled his eyes
"Why the hell do you need a rat Aleksi? I've heard you cook pretty damn good, but maybe it's a lie... is this what you make for dinner?....... I'd bet that's why you're still not with any of the men in your clan"
She growled at him and barely held herself back from turning the whole market into a butchery.
"Nope, it's because I'm waiting for your father... Now, stop being an idiot and tell me how much is it, since my friend here needs to do some voodoo stuff"
The man mumbled something in his beard at Aleksi's comment and with obviously mad expression on his face answered in Pavi again
"It'd be 4 cm Aleksi... and you should watch your mouth"

Rolling her eyes, she just turned around and added
"He said it's 4 cm, if you want, I can negotiate the price, but he's being a jerk and I might end up slaughtering him as well, which will lead to both of us being killed in this place, along with your bird..... So I'd say the price is pretty damn good... Oh and", her finger moved onto the other table, showing a glassbeak to him.. a rather large one that looked scary even though it was dead
"That is why you need to know how to ride.."
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Conrad on January 15th, 2011, 12:14 am

Conrad just looked at aleksi like she had lost her mind when she began to laugh.
Some other people also looked at her with a look of confusion on their faces.
"I'll show you why you need it" Aleksi whispered to him before turning around and beginning to negotiante with the man. Not being able to follow the conversation Conrad just looked again at the rat that he was holding more closely, giving it a cursory glance to see if there was damage.
He was snapped out of it though when Aleksi adressed him again.
"He said it's 4 cm, if you want, I can negotiate the price, but he's being a jerk and I might end up slaughtering him as well, which will lead to both of us being killed in this place,So I'd say the price is pretty damn good... Oh and"
She pointed towards a large birdlike creature laying on a table not to far away,
The sharp talons and the almost transparent beak being treathening even when the animal was death, Conrad shivered at the possibility's that that creature could give him in malediction and a rather creepy grin spread on his face.
"So aleksi what is that animal?" Conrad asked, the curiosity evident on his face and manner of speaking
Conrad
Player

Character sheet

Postby Aleksi on January 15th, 2011, 4:26 pm

Aleksi didn't really notice everyone looking at her, probably because she didn't give a damn about it. When Conrad didn't respond to her question about the rat, she just extended her hand to him as if she was asking for the money and added to the merchant in Pavi
"We'll take it.... and try to work on your socialization skills... You're not going to sell much this way", on which he mumbled something that Aleksi just ignored, cause once again, she didn't care.

The look on Conrad's face when he saw the Glassbeak Aleksi was pointing at made her giggle. It was quite understandable though... since those things did make Aleksi shiver as well.
"That, my dear Conrad, is a Glassbeak.... one animal almost every Drykas fears, one animal you sure as hell don't want to meet in the Sea of Grass....", sighing deeply, she moved her eyes over to the animal again, whispering
"I can tell you more about it when we get out of this place.... and maybe even if you're willing to learn how to ride a horse, I can teach you some basic stuff about both that and the animals around here..."
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Conrad on January 27th, 2011, 5:11 pm

"That, my dear Conrad, is a Glassbeak.... one animal almost every Drykas fears, one animal you sure as hell don't want to meet in the Sea of Grass...." Conrad looked at aleksi as she said that, not a trace of fear or anything on his face as he heard about it, Just a rather unnerving giddy smile.
"Really?" Conrad said considering the possibilities that the beast could have had for malediction projects. Conrad perked even up more when she offered to teach him about them, getting some riding lessons wouldn't be to bad of a trade off, at least it wouldn't be a forced one this time.
His grin covered almost his entire face right now and the shine in his eyes would probably unnerve the average person.
"Well that sounds a good deal if you ask me. When would you want to give me those lessons? And which horse would you let me use?"
Conrad hoped that it wasn't one of those wild horses he saw once in the stables of riverfall, he didn't doubt that he would be thrown of before he could even get into the saddle properly.
"One that isn't to wild I hope?" Only now seeing her stretched out hand he pulled out enough money for 3 of them and pushed them in her hand.
Conrad
Player

Character sheet

PreviousNext