Closed Bathed in Warm Sunlight

Eosi and Kavala finally meet.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Bathed in Warm Sunlight

Postby Eosi on February 29th, 2016, 8:38 am

Immediately, all the weeping that'd been happening around her sprang to mind. Ever since the Winter Blaze, people seemed emotionally compromised by Eosi wherever she went. For whatever reason, such a thing didn't seem to be happening with Kavala. Or if it did, she was amplifying a good feeling maybe instead of a bad one. If so, it'd be a welcome turn of events. All season long, It only required a single look at her in close proximity before any given person began shouting or worst of all, burst openly into tears.

"Oh, I've noticed a lot of that..." She trailed, taking a long draft of wine. At the mention of the personality flip, Eosi suppressed a quiet groan. The happenings of the previous season were a series of uncomfortable albeit hazy memories. But all this prompted a good point. Riverfall had fallen victim to an increasingly strange series of events and all too specifically to be considered nothing more than happenstance, at least in her opinion.

"You've been to Sultros?" She inquired, her lips twitching back up into the previous smile. The Isur were a people she definitely admired. For what little she knew of them, they struck her as the pinnacle of perfection and industry, from the strength of their bodies to the glittering of their gemstone arms. Not that she intended to venture too far into a tangent.

"I certainly agree," she added. "For all the culture here, the cuisine can leave something to be desired." Indeed, it seemed there was little they did not agree on. Whatever she considered, it seemed Kavala had already picked the thought from her mind and improved upon it. Together they were a good team.

On the point of which musicians would be best, Eosi thoughtfully and quietly considered the new perspective as she drained her glass. She certainly had nothing against selection based upon the performer's merit. Those who put on the best show were certainly most deserving. Perhaps it would be more affordable if they did it her way.

"I am not opposed to simply taking whichever entertainment is best. After all, there will be plenty here to cater to a woman's needs. Further, male musicians are a pleasant thing to look at. In a sense, it may be yet another thing to fulfill to a woman's desires." Though truthfully, all the subtext of love and desire continued to dredge up a set of sad memories. Eosi felt the burning her cheeks and for once, permitted herself a moment of quiet sorrow as her heart ached for her love.

Kavala's offer broke her from her unwarranted recollection and mercifully so. Eosi shifted the empty glass away as if to deny it dominion over her any longer.

"I am inexperienced," she said softly and without shame. The sadness still lingered in her eyes. "I will accept whatever is reasonable. Perhaps six mizas a day would suffice?" She supposed that was alright, though it was hard to tell. While she'd been a leader in many things, a business had never been one of them.

At the mention of friends and family, Eosi impulsively allowed a moment of intimacy to pass between them.

"I would like to be family then, if you don't mind. I have none of my own. I am Denvali and lost all I had in the storm of 512," she said, her voice scarcely above a whisper. "In this world, I am alone."

All the pieces would undoubtedly fall together, depending on how much Kavala knew. Were Leo to have revealed the source of the storm's upheaval, she'd realize suddenly that Eosi's lover had indirectly killed all the people she'd ever really known.

As Kavala laid out her vision in earnest, Eosi allowed the moment to pass by. She could see the building from this new perspective. In fact, with the picture she painted, it wasn't difficult at all. In fact, a book club was the sort of thing she might even engage in, had she any interest in social niceties.

"I have known many women who have been mistreated," she offered, her voice still soft. "and if they had a place like the one you're describing, I think it would have been a blessing." Her mind immediately went to a different place, to a town where sometimes local boys got out of hand, or to the painted whores of Zeltiva who had been her friend while she'd studied at the University. No matter what a person chose to do, they were deserving of respect. But time again women were violated, not even for choosing but rather, being what men deemed the weaker sex. The drive to transcend that weakness was just one facet of what drove her on. Eosi wanted to protect other women, especially if they could not protect themselves.

It was then that Carla Henshin appeared, sans the waiter. She was a diminutive woman with cornsilk colored hair and a pair of penetrating blue eyes. As she approached the pair of them, her eyes were calculating. Eosi got the distinct impression of a woman who was unconcerned with appearances.

"Good afternoon," Carla said to both of them, uncertain who to address first. "I am Carla Henshin, proprietor of the Sapphire Star."

Eosi turned to Kavala expectantly. Ordinarily she'd have no problem taking the lead, but this wasn't entirely her venture.

"I was told you were interested in a tour," Carla continued, looking between the both of them. "Which of you is looking to buy the facility? Or are you going into business together?"

Eosi
Act first. Teach them to fear you.

Words: 244471
Joined roleplay: November 20th, 2012, 7:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous