Obtaining Gnosis Marks

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Obtaining Gnosis Marks

Postby Throm on December 27th, 2015, 5:03 pm

Hello,

I've done a fair bit of reading through the lore of Mizahar, and the interactions and politics of the gods are very fascinating to me. While I didn't create a character focused around any deity, quite the opposite really. I was looking to potentially have Throm acquire a Gnosis mark and something of a new life purpose through an interaction with a deity.

After looking over the potentials, and I'm still not sure that there aren't more, the two that make the most sense are Oriana and Leth. I've read in the beginner's guide that sending the story to the Help Desk is the way to go before applying, but I can't seem to figure out how to go about it once I've created my character.

I'm also curious how flashback threads work. I'd like to flesh out Throm's backstory a bit. Do I just create the thread and start writing or is there a procedure to follow?

Thanks in advance for any help and for all of the great guides that got me this far without any!
Throm
Player

Words: 3929
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2015, 4:36 am
Race: Kelvic

Obtaining Gnosis Marks

Postby Royal on December 27th, 2015, 5:50 pm

Hi Throm,

You would apply for the gnosis in the same way once you've made your character. As long as your post number is below 50 (I think!), you can apply at the Help Desk for a starter pack gnosis, where you tell a story how your character attracted the Gods' attention, what they did, etc. This is also the one time you as a player can write as a God, so have fun with it! There are some limitations to this (such as Xyna's gnosis), but I don't think Oriana or Leth's gnoses apply here, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Having said that, I THINK Oriana is one of Caiyha's children, much like the god of birds, Eywaat. Some, or all, of such demigods are having their gnosises taken away from them, so it might be worth investigating this before you go ahead and write a story, should you chose Oriana's gnosis.

Regarding flashbacks, as long as the thread is dated BEFORE the season and year you joined the website (so in your case, before Winter 515AV), it counts as a flashback. They can be solos, or you can flashback with other PCs. You start and write flashbacks in exactly the same way as any other thread, but you can 'tag' them as a flashback when you start the thread so other players (and STs) know they're a flashback. Here is an example of a Flashback from my own PC, and as you can see it's exactly like any other thread, save for the date at the top :)

-Royal
Royal
You can call me Queen Bee

Words: 65918
Joined roleplay: September 2nd, 2015, 9:27 am
Race: Staff account
Office