[Note by Astator] Arakil, the Wandering Swords

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Arakil, the Wandering Swords

Postby Arakil on January 2nd, 2016, 4:00 am

Appearance

Race: Benshira
Birthday: 88, Winter, 490.
Birthplace: Yahebah

Appearance:
6'0, with reddish skin, dark blue eyes, and black hair. Clean shaven. Wears a dirty black coat with worn edges, and a purple shirt with brown breeches, and black boots. Two longswords hang on his back, secured by brown leather straps over his coat.

Character Concept

Arakil, as his title suggests, is a wandering swordsman. He is reasonably proficient with dual swords, but seeks to grow stronger. He makes a living by serving as a sellsword, hunting monsters and criminals for a profit. He cares very little for the money itself; he seeks the thrill of the hunt, the rush of blade on blade. He is ambivalent towards companionship, but tends to go it alone.

tl;dr Lawful Neutral Duelist dual-wielder wandering monster hunter/mercenary.

Character History

Arakil was orphaned from his true parents, citizens of Yahebah, at the age of eight, while on a journey through the desert when they were attacked by monsters. Arakil was rescued by a human merchant, seeing a child alone in the desert without any means of provision and lacking any children of his own, took the young Arakil as his own son. The merchant brought him back to Syliras to live in his home, and raised Arakil with the help of his wife.

Arakil lived peacefully until the age of sixteen, when his parents took him to visit family in Zeltiva. The three were set upon by bandits, who slaughtered Arakil's parents. Arakil was only spared by the sudden appearance of a mysterious human swordsman, who single-handedly fought off the bandits. At a turning point in the battle, the swordsman was nearly slain by two of the raiders when Arakil took one of the swords from the ground and stabbed one of the bandits through the heart, allowing the swordsman enough time to gain his feet again and slay the last of the marauders.

The swordsman was impressed by Arakil, and took him under his wing for the next four years of Arakil's life, training the Benshiran mercilessly, and seemingly without end, as the two journeyed across Sylira. Arakil took his leave of the swordsman when he felt strong enough to venture out on his own, and has sought adventure on his own ever since.

tl;dr Benshiran parents killed, raised in Syliras by adopted parents, adopted parents murdered, wandered with swordsman teacher, now wanders by himself for adventure because why not

Language

Fluent Language: Shiber
Basic Language: N/A
Poor Language: N/A

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Skill 1 Longsword # SP # 30 Competent
Skill 2 Dual Wield # SP # 30 Competent
Skill 3 Wilderness Survival # SP # 0 N/A
Skill 4 Tracking # SP # 0 N/A

Lores

Helpful Lores: (Pick 2)
Lore of Syliran Geography
Lore of Syliran Culture

Possessions

1 Set of Clothing
-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Cloak or Coat
-Simple Boots

1 Weapon Harness

2 Longswords (Heirloom and other)

2 Scabbards

1 Waterskin

1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Wood)
-Brush (Wood)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week's worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel

72 Gold Mizas

Heirloom:

One of Arakil's blades was a gift from the swordmaster, a standard longsword, deviating from the norm only in that it bears a carving of a wolf's head, the blade protruding from it's snarling snout, as it's ears extend outward and devolve into a standard steel handguard.

Housing

Arakil has an apartment in Syliras that he recently bought for himself, but generally does not stay in very often and usually for only a couple days, at best. He stays wherever he happens to find himself.

Ledger

1 Longsword = 15

1 Weapon Harness = 5

2 scabbards = 8

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM
72 GM

Thread List
Arakil
The Wandering Swords

Words: 2824
Joined roleplay: January 2nd, 2016, 2:01 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Postby Astator on January 2nd, 2016, 10:36 pm

Hello there! I am Astator one of the local CS Liaisons, I have found a few mistakes in your character sheet that need to be corrected. Before you can continue roleplaying. Don't worry, they will take but a few minutes to fix.

• Your character sheet must only contain your character's name, the use of titles is strictly prohibited.
  • A Benshira as the following descriptive features for their appearance:
    shades of brown hair, tan skin, piercing light eyes

As of currently Arakil does not represent this at all, please fix this representation.
  • Not a requirement, but as you are starting in Syliras I recommend that you pick the Common language as basic.
  • Your skills do not add up. I see 30 and 30 which means you have 60 points used. However no RB is listed? Please list the Racial Bonus and the Starting Pack separately as required by the Lore.

Also, I highly recommend using a table for skills:

Code: Select all
    [table]Skill|EXP|Total|Proficiency
    Skill |###RB, ###SP|###|---
    [/table]
  • You cannot start with both the cloak and the coat, you must choice one.
  • You ledger is hard to read, again I recommend you use a table as mentioned for the skill:
    Code: Select all
    [table]Date|Purchase|Cost|Total
    ---|Starting|+100GM||100GM
    ---|---|---|---
    [/table]

Once you have corrected the above mentioned, please click the envelope to the left and send me a message. I will come along and reverify.

Thank you,
Astator
Which way do you want to go? Up or Down?

Attention Players, Graders, and Storytellers:

A character sheet does not require the green checkmark for the player to roleplay. This is just a notification to all that the character sheet has passed through the Liaisons thorough checklist and meets Mizahar standards.

All sheets with a large red X or a speech bubble beside their thread title do not recieve grades and cannot continue threads they are currently involved in until all issues have been fixed and verified.

She said down...

Template Credit: 'Ello!, Helping Hands and Red-X Gift codes and images are from Firenze.

Image Credit: 'Ello Worm, Helping Hands Hands, and Avatar are all from the movie Labyrinth.

I will be handling all CSL related posts on Thursdays @ 1800 my time *
Astator
Helping Hands.

Words: 101205
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2013, 3:34 pm
Race: Staff account