Closed Try to Have a Good Time

Levi feels out of place in the Obsidian Club and meets Saej. Drinking and such ensues.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Try to Have a Good Time

Postby Levi Remilian on January 8th, 2016, 3:18 pm

25th of Winter, 515 AV

30 Chimes after the 19th Bell

Tonight on Shinayama peak, Levi could see something was different as he walked through the bustling city street. Where but half a bell ago the peak had been wrapped in the silence of the dusk rest, the people of Lhavit suddenly burst into festivity with great life and vigour, the pleasant sound of songs and chatter making its way to the white-cloaked man's ears. Even the usually stoic-faced spiritist could not help but crack a cheerful smile. Even after a day of searching the peak for ghosts, the night's joy was an infectious joy. He looked up to the night sky and saw the bright and silvery light of the full moon shine in the canvas of dark and stars, the Leth-light making the already luminous skyglass buildings glow with even more jewelled light. If the mentions of Leth, god of the moon, in the songs were clue enough, this must be the cause night's celebration

Levi looked around the street at the diverse crowd in their merrymaking and song, musicians spread out along the roadside singing ballads to the happy Lhavitians listening to them. His gaze fell on a particular lutist but not because of his music but because of a particular member of the audience. He quietly stalked up to a currently intangible Naya at the back of the small motley of listeners and leaning down he whispered to the spirit, "Found you sister."

"Oh! Levi! It's a really fun night tonight, so much music and everyone's out and about!" The ghost solidifed her form and smiled at her brother. Levi laughed and smiled back.

"It does seem so. I did notice that Lhavitian's honour and love Leth greatly." The final chords of the lute signalled the end of the bard's song and the group of people around the performer clapped and cheered. Levi joined in with modest applause of his own and turned to Naya, "We must be going now I think. We had a long day searching through the city."

"Eh?! But the night's just begun! No we're not going home!" Naya seemed utterly horrified at the thought and frowned at Levi, "If everyone else is celebrating we need to celebrate too! Like go to fun places and do stuff!"

The man tilted his head and sighed as he began walking away. Frustrated, the ghost blinked up into Levi's face, her small hand planted firmly on his forehead. "We need to go to a place with drinking and dancing!"

The spiritist stood there frozen, staring at Naya incredulously even as her palm chilled his forehead, "The drinking maybe, but dancing? I'm a spiritist Naya not a dancer. I need to work not party around all night."

"Than just drink! I want you to take a break from your work tonight. I think you deserve it too!" The little ghost frowned and crossed her arms, "You know I can't do many fun things now..." Naya's eyes were downcast and she sighed, "So you gotta enjoy all those things for me! Please... do it for me."

Levi was left in a state where he could not possibly argue anymore. The young man frowned but he nodded, trying to lift his frown back up to a more positive expression, "Alright, I'll have a night off for you. I'll try to have a drink at a fun place and have a good time, Okay?" He asked the ghost, hoping his answer would brighten her up. Naya looked up and grinned ecstatically, "Great! Thanks brother!" The little spirit hugged Levi around his waist before her form vanished into curling white mist. The spiritist chuckled to himself and began walking once more. Where was he to go though? Maybe if he followed the crowd he'll stumble upon a nice place to drink.

--------

Several Chimes Later

If the steady trickle of people entering the building and the energetic music coming from inside were any indicator, the place Levi stood outside of was definitely the place to be for a good time. The spiritist looked up at the sign above the large mahogany doors, black letters spelling out "The Obsidian Club". Aside from the sign and the two columns out by the side of the entrance, the building was rather unassuming amidst the other buildings of the Springwater Square. The ghost at his side looked up at Levi and grinned at him before vanishing. His spiritist's sense honed by his training in the world magic told him Naya had blinked into the building; he sighed and hoped she did not stir any trouble.

Levi made his way into the club while following a chattery group of friends he assumed, and found himself in a surrounding a far cry different from the simple exterior. If the streets were brimming with energy, the club was overflowing. The lights of the building were dim, but enough for people to make their way through safely. In front of him was a large open floor with people dancing enthusiastically to animated dance music, men and women both weaving around and showing off their skill in hot-blooded dances. Levi watched with his mouth slightly agape at the people cheering and enjoying themselves in the club, unaccustomed to places like that he was in now. There were four musicians up on the stage further back on the floor, a woman played the violin with a fast gusto while accompanied by two men, one with a lute and the other on what looked like some kind of kettle drum. The music was driving and rapid, fitting for the club. It was hardly fitting for the serious spiritist though. Looking at the violinist, Levi could have sworn their eyes met for but a moment, hardly any time to truly register whether their gazes did meet or not. Did she notice the obvious fish out of water that had entered the club?

Dancing was not something that Levi had on mind for tonight as the man steered clear of the dance floor and went straight for left side of the room where the bar was, zeroing in on an empty stool at the end of the bar counter. After carefully weaving his way through the assorted crowd of standing drinkers, he sat down heavily on the stool and tried to not appear nonplussed by the music and activity of the club. The vibrant music still resounded in his ears, muffling out most conversation around him except for that a metre or two around himself. Compared to the other club-goers, he was not attired for partying. He was still wearing his usual white cloak and belt bandolier equipped with a dagger and belt pouch. At least his hair was tied back neatly in a ponytail tonight instead of being let loose messily.

A bartender made his way to where Levi was, a man with dark blonde hair slicked back and an inquistive light in his eyes. "Hello there, what would you like to drink this night?" Levi blinked and stared at the bartender. He cleared his throat and looked about awkwardly, his fingers tapping on the counter nervously, "Ah... drink?" He looked up at the stacked wall of assorted bottles, none of them seeming to be the ale and wine he was familiar with. There seemed to be a great variety to choose and the confused look on Levi's face told everything to the bartender. "I'm not really sure... there is a considerable variety to pick from... could you give me a chime to think?"

The bartender smirked at the obvious newcomer, "Most people don't think about that, but I'll give you exactly one chime to decide." A woman motioned to the bartender and the man moved to attend to that customer's needs, leaving Levi be. The spiritist sighed anxiously and crossed his arms, turning around to look at the dance floor. Though unseen, he could detect Naya's presence floating just above the dancers. She was probably having a better time than him though she was not alive anymore he mused. The spiritist smirked at the thought and exhaled shakily. He leaned forward, elbows on the counter and hands held together, looking at the many bottles of alcohol with a puzzlement. He had better try to relax a little tonight, somehow.
ImageImageImage
Levi Remilian
Spiritist of Dira

Words: 154985
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2013, 12:23 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Try to Have a Good Time

Postby Saej on January 8th, 2016, 8:08 pm

¤

The moon was out in full and the city rejoiced. Today was the day to sing Leth’s praises and reflect on what the past moon cycle had brought into your life. The full moon before this one had been a supermoon and although no one Saej knew could tell the size difference they celebrated all the same in grander fashion than even now, which was saying something. Performers in bandoliers filled with glitter, fireworks, confetti, tossing out candies while juggling or spinning fire poi, hula hooping, or even breathing fire stalked the streets flanked by bards putting their best foot forward to composing a ballad or song for the man of the hour, the God of the moon, Leth. It was an all out party for amidst the festivities of the night many people were drinking, smoking, snorting whatever they could get their hands on. This added to the merriment tenfold throwing into the beautiful chaos the people of Lhavit, dressed in their finery, all eager to “celebrate” Leth’s shining glory with a chaser and a wisp of smoke.

We find Saej’s face among the ner-do-wells wandering the streets of Shinayama peak having her third ale (.12 kina) in the Springwater Square settled by a vendor who was set up with kegs of beer. She had with her her backpack and inside it was her tabacco and a her trusty pipe. The area she was in was roped off, you weren’t allowed to leave with the flagons unless you wanted to pay extra, keeping the vendors patrons all in one place. Nearby a woman sang a ballad telling a story about the lovers. Saej knew the story as such, which there was little deviation from other than a few words, from growing up in Wind Reach. She sang along while she drank, her tone nasally and bird like, with trills and the occasional whistle thrown in when she felt the words in heart.

The moon met the sun. After all these years of missing each other, rising, setting, only catching glimpses once again they were able to touch and the world around them exploded. They weren't ready, they broke apart. But missed each other everyday and so, after much change and growth on both of their part they came back together. But the scars from the explosion still marked their bodies. Their minds. A constant reminder of the pain of the past. They need to decide, is it disfiguring, revolting? Are the old scars they acquired together too much to handle and enough to keep them apart. It's hard looking at those scars. But scars will fade as time heals all wounds. Do they make a new scar or heal together?

I hope they can heal, I hope the sun gets over the past and blazes brilliantly for her moon. I hope the moon can see his scars, craters on his luminescent face, that face which is illuminated because a man is the reflection of his woman, and know that they make him beautiful and unique. Truly one of a kind. A misfit and a sage.

The moon is a lonely creature. The wolves howl to him at night singing praises and he loves the wild beasts, needing their company. They make him whole. Night is the time when madness walks the earth and spirits come alive. If the sun can just shine brighter he, the moon, will reflect that and the world at night can be illuminated for him and drive out the evil.

Allow the moon and the sun to dance, sometimes for joy around a blazing fire, sometimes in a sultry tango, sometimes just for themselves in secret under sheets made of stars.

The ballad spoke of the eclipse, the meeting of the lovers, and then when they come back apart. How Leth feels to be away from Syna in the sky but still warmed from her rays, which gives him his glowing appearance. The fuzz headed inarta wasn’t that great of a singer but it was familiar to her and she did alright, hitting the notes where she should though her tone was a rather nasally. At least she could keep a beat. The bard seemed to enjoy her trills and whistles though, throwing the woman a wink when she would add her Inartan flare to the song. More than a few times was she tripped up when the lyrics were different and that was when she would simply hum along with the tune until it reached the chorus, it was those times especially when she would whistle and clap along. When the song was done everyone clapped and Saej, feeling somber, decided she needed to get back to making this party a party. There was no better place to do that than The Obsidian Club.

~~~~~~~

When she finally entered the club she felt thirsty for another drink. The alcohol had begun to take effect and she was serving the whole way to The Obsidian Club. Upon entering she was greeted by a full dance floor, everyone was stepping to the beat and having a good time. Her head was fuzzy from the ale earlier but she needed more, she licked her lips scanning for the bar and took a left hand turn making her way to the bar which was unfortunately full, shimmying and dancing the whole way through the crowd. In the club the music was raging on as she stood and waited her turn to be seated. ‘After this drink I’m going out to the dance floor,’ she thought watching the people shakin’ it out there.

The two people in front of her finally stood up from their seats. Saej impatiently looked around them, bobbing and weaving her head with one hand raised to the bar tender. She was a regular here and already knew what she was going to order, but then she realised what the patrons who just got up had in their hands. She was green with envy. It was Ryna’s Special; dangerous, delicious, a true spectacle. She yearned to try one but didn’t have the coin. At four kina a pop she would have to wait until payday to get one of those puppies. Scootching into the right hand seat she watched them bow out the flame and down the drink in one swift motion, it appeared that had done this before. With the drink in their gullet they both uttered “ahhh’s”, the tell tale sign the alcohol did it’s work. Reaching over Saej they replaced their drinks on the bar and left.

“Whaddya having?” Asked Ryna, tipping a wink to Saej.
“A lava peach, my dear ser. Strong.”
“Of course ya are... Comin’ right up!”

It wasn’t long until the mixed drink was seated in front of her and causing her to dig into her dwindling coin purse to put a kina on the table for the whiskey*. It didn’t take long after the first drink of the lava peach to send the familiar warmness through her insides, the whiskey mixing with the ale in a tremendous effect that sent her head spinning. Immediately she realised she was even more drunk and this sent a grin across her face. The seat beside her was filled by a man in a white cloak with weapons strapped to his belt, who looked to be about her age. His face was gaunt framed by serious looking, cold eyes, his form was lanky with long arms dangling soberly at his side. She thought he was handsome, but that could have just been the booze talking, despite his detached manner and wondered what he was doing here. Pointedly eavesdropping on the man sitting beside her speaking to the barman she took it upon herself to help the poor stiff get a drink.
“Happy Full Moon!” She spoke loudly, both leaning in to him and yelling, “Ya know, if you like a good whiskey the lava peach is to die for. He makes ‘em prett-ty strong.”
Just as she finished speaking the bartender arrived, “Your minute’s up. Ah I see you’ve met Saej,” he commented at the girl, drunk and still leaning in to the man. Ryna blinked slowly and asked, “She doesn’t bite much.” He grinned, “So what’ll it be?”
Before the man even had a chance to speak Saej perked up, slamming her hands on the table.
“Get us two lava peaches, make sure they’re strong. This one’s on me, for me and the stiff.” That was three kina* down the hatch already, and she just got here. Unfortunately for Saej she didn’t know her limit either, she could be broke by the end of the night. The music stopped playing and a chorus of cheers filled the bar, it was deafening. While the musicians discussed which song to play next the hum of many voices laughing and rising in the club was their music.

After a couple ticks the bartender had their drinks in front of them. Saej chugged the rest of her first lava peach, her head thrown back and the drink pouring down her open throat in a few hearty gulps. She set the pitcher back on the table and burped loudly, feeling much lighter as she did so. The man still sat awkwardly as ever and she playfully punched his arm where it met the shoulder.
“It’s the full moon! Smiiiile buddy! You’re gonna love this drink.” She burped again, a smaller burp, and smiled at him, successfully drunk, but still functioning. Just then the drummer patted on his drum three times and the music picked back up, a livelier tune than before. The club erupted in cheers and the dance floor was back in full swing. Saej cupped her hands around her mouth and gave out a hearty "woo".

Made by Liz
ImageImage
°*·Speaking in Common|¤|Speaking in Nari|¤|Thoughts·*°
Saej
Spiral Out

Words: 103413
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2014, 2:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Try to Have a Good Time

Postby Levi Remilian on January 9th, 2016, 10:54 pm

Company was something that Levi was not expecting that evening. Maybe a few drinks and that would be good enough for a celebration. Now this woman next to him has suddenly leaned in and yelled over the music at him. He leaned away a little but not enough to keep the woman out of his personal space, looking at her with a raised eyebrow and slight surprise, simply nodding at her suggestion of this 'lava peach'. Might as well take that suggestion. The first thing that came to his mind about this person as he looked at her was the hair; a fiery red mane that was curling and wild, entangled with various little crafted trinkets. A quick sniff suggested she was already drinking maybe.

Sitting there, Levi began to realize how awkward he must be coming across as. He firmed his expression to a calm composure to eradicate his earlier confusion and again cleared his throat when the bartender returned, ready to answer only to startle at the woman's slamming on the table. Again he stared at her as she ordered the drinks, head tilted slightly. He lost another chance to speak when the crowd went loud with cheers for the music, though it went down in volume enough for Levi to talk. "Thanks, Saej was it? I was not expecting... well someone buying a drink for me." He chuckled, a quick and subtle 'hehe' barely heard over the din of the club.

Soon enough the drinks arrived and Levi held his in hand, looking at it for a moment. He glanced over at Saej and his eyes widened slightly at the speed with which she drank. The playful punch moved Levi a little, and as Saej told him to smile he complied, a faint and minute lifting of the corners of his lips, and raised the glass to his lips to sip- He suddenly stopped. No, he could not sip, Saej had finished hers in a few hearty gulps. Stiff... the word echoed in his mind. He had to be rid of that title least. He tilted his head back and drank, the pleasantly strong drink going down in steady gulps. In a few ticks he set the glass back down, empty. "Hahhh... that was good. Better than I expected. Thank you for the suggestion." He chuckled airily and smiled, this time more genuinely. He opened his pouch and took out a kina, "Could I have another peach lava over here?"

In a few moments the bartender came with the ordered drink and passed it to Levi. The warmth of the first drink was getting to him, but the another one would not hurt. This time he drank slower, finishing half the glass without knocking his head back and set it down. His shoulders settled down and relaxed and he turned to Saej, "Ah sorry, would you like another drink too? Maybe there is something special here that you know about? I'll pay this time"

Levi waited for Saej's answer but did not order right away. Instead his gaze wandered to the dance floor again, the musicians having started up another vibrant tune. He looked up and around as he did not sense Naya there anymore; she was closer now, very close in fact but still not visible. She must have noticed Saej and was nearby watching. For how long the ghost would simply watch was the question. For now Levi let it off, instead finishing the rest of his second drink with a very uncharacteristic 'kaaah...'

I realized, I did not introduce myself even though the bartender told me your name. I am Levi Remilian, a newcomer to Lhavit as you could probably tell." As he said this he could feel his head begin to fuzz up already though he fought to keep his mind clear. When it came to alcohol Levi was indeed as Saej said a 'stiff'. He barely drank if ever, and the few times he had in the past resulted in revealing an unfortunately small tolerance. Was he near his limit already at two drinks? How weak. He brushed the dark bangs away from his face, swaying a little on the stool and looked at the musicians playing with a curious expression, "Lhavitians certainly love Leth..." He talked half to himself and half to Saej, the notion coming out of the blue, "They do seem to love the deities of the heavens above. So much to learn about this place..."

Levi rubbed the side of his forehead and smiled slightly when he abruptly turned around to face Saej again. "Right. I forgot I was ordering a drink for you, I need to keep my mind clear." He raised his hand and motioned to the bartender, a brief wave which he hoped was the proper motion in this situation. "I was told you have a special here. Could we have two of that please?" He took out the needed kina and handed it over once the bartender arrived. He was paying for drinks... to another person... in a club... this was certainly a first for the spiritist.

Rynas nodded and grinned at the pair, "Coming right up! These need a lil' prep so give me a tick or two!" The bartender moved swiftly to prepare while Levi waited with Saej, trying to look composed and calm. The more astute part of him was telling him getting a third drink was a bad idea, he should not get drunk... but what the Hai. He could not be serious all the time. Like Saej here, it was a night to have a good time, right?

Purchases2 Rynas' Specials= 8 kina
Last edited by Levi Remilian on March 2nd, 2016, 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage
Levi Remilian
Spiritist of Dira

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Try to Have a Good Time

Postby Saej on January 10th, 2016, 9:54 pm

¤

“Thanks, Saej was it? I was not expecting… well someone buying a drink for me.” The man chuckled, though it was inaudible to Saej.
“No problem,” came Saej’s reply, her words slightly slurred. She was used to drinking but after three beers and a good couple shots of whiskey things were picking up with momentum.
“I came here to get into some trouble,” she tipped him a wink, “Do you dance? After this I think I’m going to get on the floor and move.” It would be better than spending all of her money on booze, she didn’t know her limit. Once she had her second lava peach in hand she drank it slowly, the peach wasn’t her favorite but it mixed well enough with the whiskey and she suffered through. People were still moving in and out of the bar and she watched them come and go, keeping a slight eye on her new found drinking buddy. When he began to chug his lava peach she faced him, grinning madly.
“Yeah! Now that’s how we do it in Wind Reach!” She laughed, not realising he gulped it down taking her chugging as a challenge. “I told you they’re pretty good.” His smile was attractive and she returned it in full.

He began to remind her of a her times in Mt. Skyinarta with her buddies. As a chick she would often spend her nights with a group of eleven or so drinking and smoking. They got up to no good many times and often would have competitions to see who could gulp down their drinks the fastest. These reminiscences began to take her back to her warp days and she felt a pang of want. How could would it be to just take one hit of it… ‘No. Not right now.’ She tore herself away from the thoughts focusing back on the man in front of her who had just gotten his second drink. She watched him drink slower than last time, which was probably good so he didn’t get sick, and felt the stinging want for warp. An emptiness and an itch clawing at her brain. The man spoke, naming himself as Levi, giving her something to do other than fight herself. She took a deep drink from her cup, leaving it at a little under half full.

She replied, “Levi? Remililianian? Remel… Remilan?” Laughing she wagged her tongue out of her mouth. “Kind of a mouthful, huh?” It was too much for her in her deteriorating state. “In any ways I couldtell but I’m prettynewmyself, only been here fora year. Where did ya comefrom?” She was slurring now, she would need to slow down drinking if she wanted to stand upright for the better part of the night. Not past her limit, but steadily getting drunker.

“Right. I forgot I was buying a drink for you. I need to keep my mind clear.”
This earned him a hearty HA HA from Saej, “I didn’t even knowyou was buyin’ one in thesfirst place!” She watched him move his hand to wave the barkeep over. “The special! Oh good I’ve always loved to’ve tried one of them!”

The bartender moved with practiced speed, whipping up their drinks, mizing and pouring a concoction that was sure to hit the spot-- and land you face down in the dirt. He finished off the mixing by lighting them on fire, carefully and slowly taking the flaming drinks to his patrons with care not to spill a drop. He set them down in front of the two people, the fire a blue and orange fit jumping and licking in the air.
“You know how to do this, right?” Ryna asked. “You wanna blow it out first, if you favor your mustaches.”
Saej laughed, “I could yoos a trim though.”
“Unless you want to burn your face you better blow it out. Like a candle is all, doesn’t take much.” Then he was called away from them as another patron wanted a drink.
She took her Ryna’s Special in hand, looking at it in delight.
“Thank yoo! I’ve always wanted one of these. A toast? To Leth and a good time!” She stared at the flames, the called to warp forgotten for now as the fire reflected off of her deep brown eyes. The fire danced in her irises. She waited for him to take up his drink.

ImageImage
Saej
Spiral Out

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Try to Have a Good Time

Postby Levi Remilian on January 11th, 2016, 12:42 am

The wink was not unnoticed by Levi, nor was Saej's slurred speech even with the pleasant buzz that was beginning to cloud his mind. At the mention of dancing a twitch of discomfort slipped onto his expression despite his effort to restrain it, "I have never really... danced before. It is unsure how well I would dance." He spoke slow and concisely, taking great effort to avoid slurring his words. He could not succumb to the intoxication creeping on his mental state.

Saej from what Levi could tell was probably of the type of people who regularly enjoyed herself in places like this, a different variety from the stock that Levi came from. Perhaps it was good he found someone like her to drink with that night. It definitely made the whole situation a great deal more enjoyable. Naya would be quite pleased... thinking of Naya, why was the ghost girl not showing herself anyways?

Levi chuckled at Saej's failed attempt to pronounce his last name, "I suppose it is a little complicated." At Saej's question, Levi paused for a moment. How much should he tell her? Well it was not like most people knew of his home and its association with Dira so far north. "I am from Black Rock, an island far to the south in Falyndar." He conveniently omitted the detail of the island being the abode of Dira, goddess of death. It was an unsettling detail for most people he had found out. " I have been travelling with my sister who should be somewhere in this club... she's a little... different..." He trailed off, glancing over his right shoulder where he sensed the ghost's presence. Still no activity from her, it was odd. It did not come to his mind to say Naya was a ghost. In fact it completely slipped his attention. He turned towards Saej again, "Well I have only been here twenty days about, you know Lhavit better than I do. You said you were from... Wind Reach? I have not heard of this place... is it in Kalea?"

Rynas soon arrived with the ordered special drinks. Levi blinked at the glasses burning with blue flames and tilted his head at them in wonder, " Never would I have thought that you could set fire to drinks..." He briefly wondered for a moment how he was supposed to even drink the flaming beverage before laughing to himself on hearing the answer. "Blow out.. right." He held the drink up, watching the blue and yellow fire dance on the liquid's surface. Rynas' Special... it truly was a special rink. He briefly wondered if Naya was seeing this too, the girl would be ecstatic at the sight right now.

Carefully holding his glass, Levi smiled at Saej, and nodded. "You're welcome." He lifted the glass up and forward, "To Leth... and a good time." The glasses clinked with a charming clinker, the licks of blue flame mingling for barely a tick. With a quick and careful puff the flames of Levi's drink went out and Levi brought the drink to his lips, slowly sipping it. The warm liquid went down, the strong liquor sending an immediate shot of a mind-numbing warmth up and through. He exhaled heavily through his nose and nodded, "Haaaah... that was strong. Very strong." A tingling was felt in Levi's hand and he flexed his left hand experimentally, the bandage bound hand visible to see. "Must be the alcohol..." He talked softly to himself and proceeded to take another sip of his drink, leaving it half full.

"That was really neat!! I didn't know that was possible!" A young girl's voice suddenly echoed energetically, and the ghost literally seemed to step out from the bar counter in between Levi and Saej. Levi barely startled, used to the ghost's antics, but even with his inebriated mind he worried how Saej would react.

" There you are... you were watching the whole time?" The ghost girl nodded at Levi before turning towards Saej. Her translucent form began solidifying until a pale girl with long white hair and green eyes grinned at the woman. "Your hair is really neat too miss! You put a lot of trinkets in it!" The ghost floated up, poking curiously at the pieces in Saej's hair before she floated to Levi's side.

Levi chuckled, putting a hand on the ghost's shoulder, "Sorry if she spooked you... This is Naya... my sister. Naya this is Saej..." He rubbed his forehead, feeling the brunt of special making it's way up. " Yes she is a ghost, it is a long story..." He smiled sadly before taking another sip. He blinked hard for a moment, feeling the alcohol clouding his mind even more.

The bartender had by now noticed the ethereal presence and moved closer. "That ghost isn't going to cause any problems is it?" Rynas pointedly asked, looking at the ghost with a curious and suspicious expression.

Levi nodded slowly, "She's with me... ah.. I promise she'll behave... ah right?" The ghost nodded to Levi and the bartender who, seemingly satisfied with the answer, moved on to a customer. Naya floated up to Saej, "Hi! So you're drinking with big brother? Great!" The ghost floated closer in and whispered to the woman, "He can't drink much so I think he's already drunk." The ghost giggled and stayed by Saej's side.

Meanwhile Levi drank steadily, draining the rest of the special and sighing contentedly. He glanced at the two and smiled faintly. He spoke, slowly but now starting to stumble over his words"Now.. .this is the part we talk more... about ourselves? No... wait... I did not mean... ah... " He frowned, trying to collect his thoughts unsuccessfully, "I was trying to say... ah... information of selves... some quieter.... maybe... we have to do something..." The words tumbled out choppily despite his efforts to speak clearly. Levi valiantly worked against the alcohol's influence, hands braced against the counter. Focus, if he just focused and used every last ounce of his remaining willpower he could beat the encroaching drun... ken.... ess. He sighed heavily, swaying a little, "Dira have mercy... gods..." The ghost giggled more at the sight of her drunk brother. The battle for mental clarity had been clearly lost.
ImageImageImage
Levi Remilian
Spiritist of Dira

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Try to Have a Good Time

Postby Saej on January 13th, 2016, 12:23 am

¤

“What do ya mean yoo can’t dance?” She asked, incredulous. Why even come here if you weren’t going to get out on the dance floor? Saej began to smile evilly, this stiff picked the wrong woman to engage. Or rather, she engaged him but he responded all the same. She WOULD get him on the dance floor by the end of the night, even if it killed him. Silently she began plotting, ‘Just a few more drinks and I’m sure he’ll be loose enough… I HAVE to see this.’ He began to speak of his home and she found she’d never heard of either of the places he mentioned. ‘Black Rock?’ Falyndar seemed more familiar but she couldn’t recall where she had heard it.
“A sister! Oh I would like to meether! In the slub yoo say?” She craned her neck to around, swaying in her chair, looking for someone who fit his likeliness but found no one, as he said she would just have to meet her later.
“Yoo haven’t been herelong atall. How are yoo settlin’ in?”

The inarta drank from her Ryna’s Special, the charming clink warming her bones, draining the cup. The large sum of alcohol choked her throat, only allowing her to drink it to half gone, and she coughed for air. Setting the drink down she used her free hand to hold her chest. A few drops of the drink sloshed out in the commotion.
“By the god’s that IS some strong shyke.” She echoed his words. What was in this? It didn’t really taste that good either. She thought she’d stick to whiskey after this. It was as if the fire she had blew out had grabbed her throat and clung to it, it hurt. Then, all at once, a chill takes the air and a pale, green eyed woman materialized in beside Levi and spoke. Saej jumped, surprised, and grabbed her thighs to steady her swaying body as the Ryna’s Special began to hit her. What the petch? Her head was spinning. ‘Does he mix this with absinthe or am I just dull?’ Her vision was blurry as she peered at the girl, the edges of her person seemed to blur the most giving her a misty appearance. Saej squinted, still caught off guard. The woman excitedly told Saej she liked her hair, a compliment that usually would cause Saej’s ego to swell but then the woman touched a dread and the side of Saej’s head exploded with cold, even through her hair the ghost’s touch was icy and a shiver ran down Saej’s back.
“Gh-ghost?” Saej downed more of her drink and held her head in her hands. She was too drunk for this.

At the same time Rynas noticed and asked the same thing on Saej’s mind, to which Levi answers that she’s harmless. The people nearby were rubbing their arms trying to warm up from the slight change in heat and watching the trio curiously but were relatively undisturbed.
“Thanks.” She said to the girl dumbly, replying to what she had complimented moments ago, and turned to Levi, “She can hear me right?” It appeared she could and she leaned into Saej, whispering in her ear about Levi being a light weight. This time Saej smiled as she shivered, that was pretty funny. The ghost didn’t leave her side, keeping Saej in her chill.
"I can see that," she whispered back leaning into Naya. As Levi spoke it was apparent that he really was a light weight, he stumbled and fought for his words. Saej laughed at him, punching him in the arm again.
“I reckon wedoes talk aboutourselves now. That’s is what brings youtwo toLhavit?”
Last edited by Saej on January 13th, 2016, 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Saej
Spiral Out

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Try to Have a Good Time

Postby Levi Remilian on January 13th, 2016, 4:40 pm

OOCI noticed you described Naya as a 'woman'. Her form is that of a girl twelve years old, just letting you know:) Also her level in materialization makes her touch only slightly uncomfortable, like an ice cube I always pictured for some reason ^^;

That smile could only mean one thing, Levi knew that kind of smile well; it was the smile of a woman with a determined and mischievous plan. He glanced at the dance floor for a moment, shaking his head at Saej. If the pattern they've been following continues on, his restraint may come off and... he could not allow that to happen. He may stumble and swerve, stutter and slur by the end of this night, but he will not dance. Not a single chance.

"“Yoo haven’t been herelong atall. How are yoo settlin’ in?”
The next question thankfully steered the topic away from dancing. He chuckled softly as he watched Saej try to look for Naya. He looked at his glass and turned it about in his hand. "Considerably well.... er Lhavit is a beautiful place and... but... I may have reason to..." Levi trailed off, his train of thought veering off with Naya's appearance.

Somewhere in his mind, Levi prayed Saej would not be spooked by the ghost; again that thought fell into oblivion. The familiar chill of the ghost's presence could be off-putting to many. Thankfully it seems Saej was not too disturbed, or was she? Levi could honestly not tell. He held his head with one hand and closed his eyes hard with effort, as though that could in some way expel the intoxicating influence from his body. He repeated this several times even after Saej answered. It was the playful punch that made his eyes snap open with unusual speed before they began drooping again. He cleared his throat, a small sliver of his mind noting Saej's slurring had worsened.

"Ourselves? Ah... yes that would be... appropriate." Levi cleared his throat again and blinked slowly, "We... are not real siblings in the... ah... blood sense? Of yes... we promised to travel butNayadi-" He paused for a moment, suddenly looking sad, "Naya died... it was a terrible day... but we had our promise... so she came back... came in a state not a true life for my sake and our promise." His fist clenched around his empty glass, knuckles whitening. He sighed heavily, "And so we... left Back Rock and we've travelled... seeing wonders... helping other ghosts... two years..." He bowed his head, hiding his sad expression.

Naya looked up at Levi and gently lifted his head up with her hand focused with soulmist, "You shouldn't be sad about it! What happened happened, that's all. It's all in the past brother... so drink up! Have fun with Saej!" She pointed at the woman and gave her a thumbs up. She reached for his belt pouch and opened it, pulled out two kina and set them on the counter. She waved at Rynas, "Could we have a drink here? Is there anything grape?"

The bartender came around, still eyeing the ghost with some caution, "We have the Mystic Blast if that's what you want?" The ghost nodded and Rynas began concocting the next drink. In a few ticks the drink was ready and placed before Levi. The spiritist nodded to Naya, smiling faintly, "You're... you're right... no use moping... none at all..." He took the drink and sipped it, not noticing Naya's ever increasing grin. "Sorry... got emotional... so that is us. Now what is... your information of self?"

After taking another sip and listening to Saej Levi suddenly seemed to perk up, "Naya... you must be pushing... limits yes? Here... permissioninon- I mean... permision granted... " He pulled out of his belt pouch a small jar filled with an off white and glowing gel-like substance and stumbled for a while trying to get the lid off before he handed it to the ghost. Naya eagerly took the jar and reached into it, the strange substance absorbing into the ghost who began to flicker less and lost a little of the translucency creeping up on her edges. "Aaaaah..." Naya pleasantly sighed and cheerily piped up, "So! Are we all friends now? Yes? No?"

PurchasesMystic Blast= 2 kina
Last edited by Levi Remilian on March 2nd, 2016, 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Levi Remilian
Spiritist of Dira

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Try to Have a Good Time

Postby Saej on January 18th, 2016, 9:03 pm

¤

The ghost was… weird. She’d never met one before, though she’d heard somewhat about them. Mostly in stories and hearsay, but never thought she would meet one’s acquaintance. In her drunken state she was mostly fine with it. If a bit cold. Though this spirit merely had a slight chill and wasn’t cold to the bone she wasn’t as cold if she’d be outside in the snow. If she hadn’t been drunk it’s likely she’d be uncomfortable and quiet, probably looking for a way to leave these two, well, interesting people. For now she was okay, thank the almighty liquid courage giving her the balls to carry on a conversation with a spiritist and his ghostly sister.

He was repeating himself. ‘Man that special really gets things kicking’, Saej thought as he repeated himself for the third time. Luckily her punch made him come too, and he told more about his past, the reason why he came here. He was sad, but his sister brought things into perspective and he seemed to perk back up, sullenly. Saej returned the thumbs up, a sweeping movement that almost touched the ghost. She orded him a Mystic Blast and Saej smacked her lips, thirsty for more.
“I’ll take another whiskey ‘nd peach, Rynas.” She got out another coin for the drink, Leth knew she didn’t need anymore, she was plenty drunk already, but she wasn’t quite at the point where she could hardly speak. Unlike our fair Levi here, Saej was a drinker. Her drink was returned in the same moment that Levi’s was. He asked about her and she was unsure how to answer, should she tell him about the drugs? What the petch.
“So yoo helpother ghostshmm. That’sss pretty nea-uht,” and probably a lucrative business. She cast a glance at the little girl beside her, “Sorryaboutyourdeath. But yoo geta secondlife with this, ina sortof way, right? Anyway I came hereafter abad about with the warp, lookin’ for a cleanslate yoo know? I’m gladI did, too. I wouldkill me afterlong.” She laughed, glad to get it out, a noise that sounded like chickadees chirping. The Inarta wasn’t trying nearly as hard as her new friend to hide her drunken state, in fact she wasn’t trying at all. She was enjoying herself and her strange company, chill included. This was the first time she had told anyone about her past with the drugs, even if she did so in a passing manner.

Then Levi did something odd. From his bags he pulled out a glowing gel and told the ghost, “Persimionin granted”. Saej drank a gulp from her new drink and watched inquisitively as the ghost seemed to absorb some of the gel and gained a clearer form. Saej’s eyes were as round as the moon. ‘Is he prepping her for some kind of attack?’ Wrapping her arms around herself in some semblance of protection from whatever onslaught they were preparing, she dared ask in a scared tone as it was happening,
“What’s goin’on here?”
But nothing happened, in fact the little girl asked if they were friends. She wasn’t going to tell a ghost “no” who had just gotten powered up, and truth be told she liked the girl AND Levi, but she seemed more playful than anything, so Saej agreed.
“Yarr, I think… I think we are.”

ImageImage
Saej
Spiral Out

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Try to Have a Good Time

Postby Levi Remilian on January 20th, 2016, 2:53 am

The threshold of tipsy was already long past for Levi. The small portion of his mind that maintained an impaired clarity tried its best to give Saej his best attention as she talked. In the process he stared with an unusual intensity at her. It was taking far more willpower to stop swaying on his stool than it ever should. Letting go of all restraint was an option, it was floating there for the man, but he could never take it.

"Neat... I guess that's one way to ah... put it," Levi took another sip of his drink, savouring the sweet grape mixed with the strong liquor going down his throat, "Ahhh... I think of it as my... my duty to Dira..." The spiritist let slip the mention of the death goddess which he regretted slightly. Saej will surely miss that in her state.

The ghost girl simply nodded to Saej's comments about her current existence, strangely not saying anything in reply. Instead it was Levi who talked, tilting his head curiously at the mention of a certain word. "The warp... as in twisting and change? What... in noun?" Levi looked at Saej in confusion, brows furrowed with his mind not making the correct connections quickly enough. "Warp... thing... clean slate... kill..." He mumbled to himself while Saej laughed before he finally figured it out, "Drug... addict? Formerly I see... that's good for you Saej... it's good... instead here we are drinking though..." He smiled back at the Inarta and took another gulp of the Mystic Blast. Saej was a former addict, normally Levi would have given more thought to that. In ordinary circumstances he would have tried finding out more about this 'warp', but right now his mental faculties simply passed it over. He would have ignored it even if he was sober. Saej was a good person, he could tell that. Outgoing and fun-loving, but that is not bad. In fact it was great.

Even in his current state, Levi could see Saej's eyes widening at the sight of Naya consuming the soulmist. He raised his hands to try and reassure the surprised woman, "Itsss... ah fine... she's just eating some soulmist I made... it's the only kind of... ah what's the word... pleasure she can experien...ence. Don't worry..." Levi put his hands down, hand automatically going for the glass now to drink. Such a reaction from Saej was unexpected; all the ghost was doing was basically eat like how Saej and himself were drinking. The glass set down, the man raised his index finger, "Oh and it does strengthen her... see she can't stay visible forever... uses up her soulmist... but I can make more for her! Yes."

At Naya's question, Levi responded in turn after Saej, "I think so too... yes yes... friends even if our facilities- no..." The spiritist frowned in thought for a moment, "Faculties! Yes... even if we are... drunken... gods..." Levi rested his head against his hand even as he finished drinking his Mystic Blast. Done with it, Levi held up and stared at the glass, turning it around slowly, "Have not been drunk like this since... since Riverfall and big blue men..." Levi lowered his head and chuckled to himself before outright laughing, a deep and throaty sound, "Oh that was such an embarrassing night... absolutely destroyed in arm wrestles by those Akalaks... my gods they are muscular! Again the drunk spiritist burst out laughing again.

Meanwhile Naya watched her brother laugh and talk to himself drunkenly, an evil smile gracing her ghostly visage. She poked Saej and leaned towards her, "Levi didn't want to dance tonight but look at him...now's our chance. Wanna help?" The ghost girl grinned mischievously and after hearing Saej's answer glided over to Levi. "Hey hey! You should go dance big brother! You know you want to..."

Levi stopped his laughing and turned his head towards the ghost, "Mmm? Ah... dance? I don... don't really... well..." He blinked hard and shrugged, "I really shoulden really..."

Credit goes to the fantastic Firenze
ImageImageImage
Levi Remilian
Spiritist of Dira

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Try to Have a Good Time

Postby Saej on January 26th, 2016, 1:40 am

¤

OOCNice new boxcode btw!

Dira… Dira… Where had she heard that name before? Inwardly, she shrugged. Maybe it was his mother. This man was nothing short of rambling in the worst way and she acquainted it with nothing more than that. Saej had to take a moment to take Levi’s form in, with his sister standing idly by watching the festivities with bright, happy eyes. She seemed to be enjoying herself more than Levi was. His eyes were drooping, while he swayed and his consciousness waned. She just had to laugh.
“Maybe this shood be yer lastone.” She said, patting him on the head, his soft hair a tad bit greasy in her hand, and tipping a wink to his ghostly little sister.

“Warp it’s umm..” she moved her hands in front of her in a circle, trying to come up with an easy way to say it, ”It’s likea trip.” She took a thoughtful drink of her alcohol before adding, “Man that apple sauce too.” She chuckled, half to herself, “would’ve doneme right in, so it would’ve.”
Usually she wouldn’t divulge so much about her past, she usually gleaned over the dirtier parts, to a stranger but liquid courage was making her lips loose. Even so, this bumbling man seemed great, they were hitting it off and she thought to herself that she couldn’t have picked better company. The rest of the alcohol was catching up with her and taking its real effect. Saej was clearly swaying in her seat and her eyes were drooped, popping open at random intervals as she spoke and drooping back down again. Her voice was heavily slurred and husky from the alcohol. Another drink and she would be where Levi was. Dare she push that boundary?

She took another drink from her cup, it was almost gone, as Levi explained about what he was doing, flapping her hands while he spoke and nodding her head behind her drink. In her drunken state, she was already over it. The girl looked harmless and had hardly said a word.
“So you make thesuff toget her shyke rolling, just like ares is. Alright, alright, saynomore.”
His next reply, and his sisters, was unexpected and she threw her head back, laughing, tossing dreadlocks everywhere.
“Big blue men? I have to hearabout that one…”
But.. his sister was on to something.
“Hold on.” She held her finger out in his face as she leaned in and with her other hand covered her mouth to tell his sister “Let’s do it.” The girls cold wasn’t so chilly so much as it was nice, like going outside when your room is too hot into the cold night air. Saej was beginning to heat up, what, from being drunk and being crammed around so many people. She returned the girls mischievous grin in full as she slammed the last fourth of her drink back and stood from the counter, bracing herself on the counter around where her now empty cup sat.
“‘I really shoulden, really,’ what? Have a good time? It's what we toasted toooo!” She motioned with her head to his empty drink, “C’mon. You’re all done there and drinking will sober you right up. I wanna show you something after this anyway.” The small, inarta girl grabbed his arm in an attempt to drag him to the dance floor. Not hard, just enough to be pushy. She looked to his sister, still clinging on to his sleeve, for some help.

ImageImage
Saej
Spiral Out

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes