Closed In for the Night[Safehaven Hostel]

Imass

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

In for the Night[Safehaven Hostel]

Postby Gulle on January 12th, 2016, 4:58 pm

Winter 30th, 515 Late Evening

The sun was setting and Gulle found himself, not for the first time, still out on the streets. He had been told when he had first arrived that the streets were dangerous and to stay off of them when the sun went down, but he hadn't truly heeded that warning. Akajia liked him after all, he knew it deep down, so why would the night be a dangerous time for him? Of course though, with the rest of the population believing it the streets were soon becoming deserted, with only the odd person here and there scurrying off to there homes for the night. He had considered briefly staying out and just watching what happens at night, but after he had seen a group of mean looking monks walk down the street in his direction he decided it'd be better to not risk it tonight.

The monks had a habit of picking on him, simply cause he was small and foreign. Okay, maybe he had insulted one or two of the food ones, but it was all in good fun but since then that group of monks had made it there hobby to kick him if they saw him hanging around. And so it was with that thought that he turned down the street and made his way towards where he was staying. He did his absolute best to not draw attention to himself from the monks. One foot raised he slowly lowered it, careful to make as little sound as possible before he raised the other one. Staying in the shadows of the buildings he crept forward every now and then looking back over his shoulder to make sure the monks hadn't seen him.

Coming up to the next street, he quickly turned the corner and bumped into a crate that had been left there, causing a loud thud to echo down the now deserted street. With a muttered, "Petch" he dashed down the street, hounded by shouted yells from the monks about who was there, and to show himself. Yea right. He wasn't quiet sure which way the Hostel was, but he was sure he was close and he doubted that the monks had actually seen who bumped into the crate. With a little luck they would think it was a cat or something and not follow him.

As he turned down the last street to the Hostel, it seemed his luck had come through and the monks hadn't pursued him. With a sigh of relief he sprinted the last bit to the hostel and then stopped, peering at the door closed tight against the night. He knew it would eventually open as someone else wanted to come through it, but at the moment it was a barrier stopping him from getting inside, way to large for him to swing open. Peering at this side of the building he suddenly grinned and nodded as he saw the window next to the door, a window into the common room that he knew lay just on the other side.

Stretching his arm, he felt a twinge of discomfort as he thinned out his body until he could reach the window ledge and grabbed onto it. After that he pulled himself up, contracting his body again into his preferred shape as he reached it and peered through the glass into the common room. It was as it normally was, a few quiet people here and there, nothing like an inn elsewhere in the world. The monk woman who ran it kept a tight shift and any drunken brawls or fights would be quickly ended, so it never started. With a gentle push he tried opening the window, to find that it opened the other way instead.

With a grin he squeezed a part of his hand into the crack between the windows and pulled, causing it to swing open and taking him with it, Gulle holding on tightly to ensure he didn't go flying. It had opened easier than he had imagined it would, and now he was hanging over the air holding onto a loose open window. What an adventure! Swinging his legs back and forth he just dangled there for a bit, enjoying the feeling before he got bored and decided he was done. Moving his body back and forth he got the window swinging back and forth until he was able to swing himself up and hop into the building, the window clattering behind him as he landed on a table with a plop and a splash.

He quickly learned what that splash was, he had landed in someones drink and caused the contents to go splashing everywhere. Rubbing his head he quickly looked up out of the cup, hoping whoever he had disturbed wasn't vindictive or maybe tonight would be more of an adventure than he thought.
Last edited by Gulle on January 12th, 2016, 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avater Made by Nivel
Gulle
I swear I was just looking!

Words: 8994
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2016, 8:56 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

In for the Night

Postby Imass on January 12th, 2016, 6:21 pm

The Akalak brooded alone in the corner of the Safehaven Hostel, his head hung low and his fists clenched on a wooden table. Tense anxiety emanated from him, but only those who knew of the mental wars that plagued the Akalak race would know why. The brothers argued relentlessly with each other.

I have no remorse!, Imass thought vindictively

Garonn laughed, You should you piece of shyke, it is all your fault!

You know not of Duty!

More than you know Imass.

Now you throw slights against my Honor, I would smash you if I could.

Garonn simply laughed.

Don't ignore me.

We have been going through this for three long years, you are the one who ignores the--

Nay! Imass screamed, forcibly pushing out Garonn's thoughts, I have lived my life for Tyveth, not you, not anyone else. I follow the Truth and no one can deny that.

Okay, what now then Ser Imass? Garonn said tired of bashing his thoughts against a mental wall.

We pray, in Faith, to Yahal,

That never works!

It has before, don't you deny it!

Verily, you fool.

We must take action! Imass slammed his fists on the table.

Garonn laughed, Prayer is not action, if we are to retrieve Alija's Schematics we must get up and actually do something. We must investigate immediately, tonight even.

Imass snorted, That is not in our power, Garonn, we are men of strife and conflict. We need help. Hard work is not enough for this mission. If you want Blood, you must wait for the right opportunity. We must accept our limitations and construct the right team. We need to pray for guidance.

Garonn growled and muttered nonsensically, knowing that he would never break Imass' stubborn ways. Garonn knew that they did not have the luxury of resources and teammates to do as Imass suggested. He knew that if anything was to be done, he needed to do it himself.

Imass began to pray, Yahal, we present ourselves to you in Faith that you will guide our actions to achieve victory despite the fact all odds are against us. We will not stop until we retrieve Alija's schematics for it is Good and Just that we do so. We will never surrender, for we know that you guide our actions. Show me what to do, where do I start, where --

When Gulle jumped into his cup, it broke his concentration, "What?" Entirely focused on his prayer, the Akalak did not notice that directly behind him the window had swung open. Nor did anyone else in the melancholic room for that matter.

Looking into his cup of ale, Imass stared in disbelief as a Pycon began to climb out. Spreading his hands out on the table, the Knight's face lit up with joy, "Praise be to Yahal! Dearest Pycon, come out of there and dry yourself off! Ale is no suitable bath for such Noble creature!"

Imass seemed almost too enthusiastic to see Gulle. He handed the pycon a napkin and shut the window behind him to keep out the cold, "I am Imass, who are you?"
Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Gulle on January 12th, 2016, 7:10 pm

The man above him was tall, really tall, and blue. He seemed to have been lost in thought or something as he seemed to have been quiet startled by Gulle's appearance. Climbing out of the cup he looked down at himself and let out a loud sigh as he realized he was drenched in the drink. He was probably going to have to pay for it and it wasn't even his drink. Just as he was opening his mouth to say something, the man started giving praise to a god, Yahal. It wasn't one of the gods he was to familiar with, so it must not be one the seedier side of society worshiped but that wasn't a big deal. The big deal was that the man actually seemed happy to see him, as if his drink hadn't just gone everywhere.

Accepting the napkin and using it dry off he scrunched up his face as he became confused, Pycon a noble creature? Gulle new that, of course, but he had never heard a big person call them that. It was, strange. That's the word, very strange. After getting the lower half of himself dried off Gulle moved forward, sitting at the edge of the table with his legs hanging off as he continued to dry the rest of himself off, extending a tiny hand up to the akalak in greeting, "I don't know who Yahal is, but I'm glad I could make you happy with my entrance. Oh and people call me Gulle."

With that he deliberately looked away from the man, making him wait while he finished drying himself off before turning back to examine the table around him, and the lack of people Imass was sitting with. He must have been a loner, that could be why he was so excited to see him. After all, someone without friends would naturally want his company.

"You seem to be all alone here, are you meeting someone or are you just lonely?" After saying that he would just stare at Imass, leaving his gaze on his as he listened intently, truly wanting to know the secret behind the kind stranger in a mean city.
Avater Made by Nivel
Gulle

Character sheet

Postby Imass on January 12th, 2016, 7:35 pm

"Well-met, Gulle," Imass said as he turned his chair sideways to face the Pycon who was sitting at the edge of the table. The Akalak sat very straight and proper, resting one arm on the table, "Yahal is the God of Faith and Purity and to him I owe my life. If I had a copy of the Penita Scrolls I would enlighten you to his ways,"

Peering at the little-man with yellow eyes, the knight liked the look of him (especially the wings). The tiny creature reminded him of his squire Ball, except for Gulle could speak fluent common. Over the course of the Sahovan Campaign, the warrior had learned to respect and admire the power of Pycons.

"I was in fact sitting alone, though I am not lonely. I was deep in thought," Imass innately loved Pycons, but he did not trust Gulle yet. The Akalak assumed that Gulle climbed through the window, because he couldn't open the door, "Nykans seem to have no respect for any foreigners, least of all Pycons, they do not make accommodations for clay-men..." Imass grumbled the last part, "Nor Sylirans for that matter,"
Imass

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Gulle on January 12th, 2016, 9:39 pm

The god of Faith and purity? That made no sense at all, after all don't all the gods require faith? The purity part maybe, but to rule over all of faith is weird. Shaking his head Gulle set the thought aside for later as he returned his attention back to the large man. There were some scrolls out there containing the secret of this Yahal, perhaps he'd find them one day and figure out what it exactly meant to be the God of Faith but till then he had the mystery of the Blue Imass.

At the mans next words he just through his hands in the air in surprise, his wings flapping back and forth as well as he exclaimed, "You do know that if you're alone you're lonely? That's like, how the words work!" Maybe this man wasn't all right in the head, it wouldn't be the first person who had been in a fight with a monk and ended up with a few screws loose. Settling down he just shook his head sadly as he watched the man, he wasn't all bad after all he seemed to realize the shame that no one ever installed Pycon-sized doors.

"Nykan's don't have any respect for anyone, You know one even kicked me once and didn't apologize? The Nerve of those monks." He just shook his head as he lamented on the unfairness of it all. It only took a moment though, his naturally chipper attitude coming back as he pushed himself up and stood on the edge of the table. Moving as close to Imass as he could he would peer forward into his eyes with his unblinking ones, "So what exactly were you thinking about that you thanked Yahal for me showing up? I mean, me and Akajia get along a lot more then me and Yahal."
Avater Made by Nivel
Gulle

Character sheet

Postby Imass on January 12th, 2016, 9:57 pm

Witnessing Gulle's antics brought a smile to the Akalak's face. Vague memories of Ball floated through his mind. The Knight shifted in his seat, but otherwise sat straight, with both feet planted firmly on the floor.

"I guess I was lonely then..." Imass said shrugging. In reality he was not alone, but he was not going to divulge his dark brother's status if the Pycon did not know about the racial qualities of a blue-man.

Without budging an inch, Imass let Gulle lean in close as not to appear rude. The Knight sensed his piercing curiosity through unblinking clay eyes, "I was deep in prayer to Yahal. I currently am at a loss of how to proceed and I was praying for the Strength to remain Pure in my Faith in Yahal's plan for me... Allow me to quote the Penita Scrolls for you: When the forest is dark, the faithful will hold their ground -with Courage - that if they remember Yahal's code, the light to illuminate the darkness will come,"
Imass

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Gulle on January 14th, 2016, 3:05 am

He was lost and it showed as he simply shook his head at the philisophical words. He understood them on a fundamental level, but he wondered how anyone would believe it was necessary. Opening his mouth he decided he was going to enlighten his new companion, "I don't mean to be rude but you know that you don't have to illuminate the darkness right? Akajia says to simply accept the darkness and work within it, not remove it." He spread his hands as he talked, straightening to his full height of four inches as he nodded.

With that said he put a hand on his head and rubbed it, mimicing a motion he had seen plenty of bigger people do and it seemed right in this situation. Worried he might have offended his new friend by dismissing his religious views he shook quickly and then put on a large smile, "But enough of that stuff, Maybe I can help with whatever it is that you need illuminating? I could show you where to point your light!" That sounded like a good deal to him, and probably cheaper than buying him another drink.
Avater Made by Nivel
Gulle

Character sheet

Postby Imass on January 14th, 2016, 5:28 am

Imass slammed his hand on the table and leaned forward, resting his other hand on his knee. "Nay!" he interrupted Gulle's attempt to change the subject with cute mannerisms, "Listening to such words are an incredible folly, noble Pycon," The Akalak's golden eyes widened, "You do not understand what you speak of - I implore thee - We as living beings are not meant to live in darkness, take it from me for I have experienced the true meaning of pure darkness," Imass' eyes looked through the clay-man as he recalled the Dungeons of Sahova, a grim expression fell upon his bearded face, "My Faith in the Light is the only thing that saved my mind, Gulle, the Light saves, the Darkness consumes,"
Imass

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Gulle on January 14th, 2016, 5:53 am

The large man sudden movement caught him by surprise, the violent reaction definatly not the one he had been expecting. Jumping back quickly to ensure that the man wasn't going to attack him, he stared at Imass for a bit before he realized it wasn't an attack in the physical sense. Raising his hands up defensivly he waited as he listened to the man talk, slowly lowering them again as he realized he was safe for the moment. He felt bad that he had caused him to relieve those obviously painful memories, and so before he knew it he opened his mouth to speak once more. "I'm sorry, I didn't know that happened to you. I promise not to speak of it again Imass, but I would still like to help you."

Nodding his head he slowly crept back towards Imass and sat back down on the edge of the table leaning forward as his gaze wandered over the man, seeing him in a new light now that a part of his past had been revealed even briefly.
Avater Made by Nivel
Gulle

Character sheet

Postby Imass on January 14th, 2016, 6:53 am

Seeing the Pycon's reaction and remorse, made Imass ease up a little bit. The blue-man leaned back in his chair and assumed his straight stance again. Taking a deep breath, he gathered his thoughts and pushed Garonn's antagonistic bickering aside.

"Nay, do not be sorry," Imass said more relaxed, his face slowly returning to joviality, "I respect Akajia, for she is the mother of my people. I have just spent many years confined in a dungeon, where the blackness consumed me. I am afraid that only the gods can help my soul now," Imass paused for a moment, "Those are times that need not be recounted though, perhaps another time...Tell me about yourself Gulle,"
Imass

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)