Imass' Saddle Bags

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

Imass' Saddle Bags

Postby Imass on August 2nd, 2012, 1:48 pm

Imass' Saddle Bags

Opening up the dusty bags will reveal a bound stack of letters and papers. Searching around will reveal a pen, paper, ink, and food rations.
Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Imass' Saddle Bags

Postby Naeya on August 8th, 2012, 10:05 pm

Season of Spring, 24th Day, 510 AV

My dearest Imass,

I received your letter a few days ago, just as the trees began to bud, and I have spent each of those days ruining parchment after parchment in an attempt to write you a proper response.

At first, all that came was anger: anger at you for leaving Riverfall without saying goodbye, anger at myself for not being able to help you deal with what you call your 'darker' side, and anger at the gods for parting us without warning.

But it would be pointless to stay angry, wouldn’t it? What’s done is done. Fate has spoken, and events have played out as they were meant to. I cannot fight against it, no matter how much it pains me. I can only wish you well, and pray to Avalis to keep you safe.

I truly wish you had told me of your plans. I am still troubled by visions of the past, and I'm beginning to wonder if I ought to seek out someone who can help me better control them. Perhaps I would have joined you on your journey. I’ve been told that Mura, the land of the Konti, is not too far from Syliras. But I digress. As I wrote earlier, what’s done is done. Some day I may make that trip – and if I do, I hope that we are able to meet.

I miss you, Imass. Home is not the same now that you’ve left. You’re my oldest friend, and I don’t quite know what to do without you in my life. I’ve buried myself in my jewelcrafting apprenticeship, and I think you would be proud of how I’m progressing. I wish I could show you.

Tell me, though, what is Syliras like? Is it as beautiful as Riverfall? What will you do while you’re there? Are there other Akalak?

Most importantly, are you happy? I hope you know that happiness is all I really want for you.

Love always,
Naeya Ti’av
Naeya
And yes I said yes I will Yes.

Words: 214237
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2012, 3:25 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Lore Author (1)

Imass' Saddle Bags

Postby Naeya on August 12th, 2012, 10:36 pm

Season of Spring, 65th Day, 510 AV

Dear Imass,

I was very happy to receive another letter from you! Thank you for giving me insight into your new life. (“New life.” I don’t think I like the sound of that. It feels so… final.)

You say you’ve joined the Knights Syliran. Are they similar to the warriors of Riverfall? I would be unsurprised if they are. You’ve always been attracted to combat, Imass, and you are an honourable warrior. These Knights are very lucky to have you amongst them.

As I write this, Kobalt is standing over my shoulder and demanding that I give you his greetings and well wishes. So, greetings and well wishes from my big brother! He is doing well (training every day, as usual), though I privately believe he is lonely. He has spoken offhandedly of becoming patron to a Nakivak, but you know Kobalt. He will be most happy with a lover rather than a paid childbearer, even if he does refuse to admit it.

Behren will be taking his Rite of Trial next season, which of course means that our entire family is tense. You can almost see the anxiety woven into the air. After Lurik’s death during his own Rite of Trial… well, we are all worried. Behren has far more discipline and natural ability than Lurik ever did, of course, but I cannot imagine losing another brother. I fear that sleep will elude me until the trial is over.

But I apologize. I do not wish to worry you with my troubles.

Please write me again when you get a moment. I look forward to receiving more details of the Knights Syliran, of your training, and of you.

Take care of yourself, Imass. I miss you - more than anything.

Love always,
Naeya Ti’av
Naeya

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Imass' Saddle Bags

Postby Naeya on October 8th, 2012, 4:32 am

Season of Summer, 68th Day, 510 AV

Dear Imass,

I know you've not yet responded to my last letter, but I could not wait to send you the good news.

Behren passed! He passed his Rite of Trial!

Oh Imass, you must know how much of a relief this has been, to both myself and my family. I could not - I would not - lose another brother, so I spent many days praying to the Goddess Avalis and the Goddess Semele for his success and safe return. Thankfully, one of the Divine seems to have listened to my pleas, as light shone on Behren during his Trial and he is now home with barely a scratch. They say he and his peers faced a strong male Glassbeak - a worthy opponent. You would have been so proud.

My brother tells me that he felt Lurik's spirit in the plains, Imass. He felt the hope that Lurik always carried and, most of all, he felt love. Although it's been years since that day, I could not stop the tears from spilling. They were bittersweet, filled with love and gratitude and memory.

They overflowed with memory.

Today, I celebrate the lives of two brothers. One, a warrior through and through, and the other, a child poet who remains forever in my heart.

Love always,
Naeya Ti'av
Naeya

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Imass' Saddle Bags

Postby Naeya on October 8th, 2012, 4:37 pm

Season of Fall, 4th Day, 510 AV

Dear Imass,

Thank you for your kind words in the most recent letter you sent. You're right, I know you're right. It's just that, in my darkest hours, I sometimes find myself feeling guilty. Resentful, even. Imass, was it honour that Lurik died for? Or was it simply a city that sends its weakest boys to their deaths?

But you and I have spoken for many hours about this in the past, and I understand now that this is not all there is to it. The culture of warriors in Riverfall is what allows me to live safely. It is what allows my family to live safely. To survive. It allows us, all of us, to experience pleasures that I too often take for granted.

Besides, I am sure the life of a warrior cannot just be about the trials one faces. You've confirmed this for me. When I read your story, Imass, it filled my heart with joy. I cannot thank your gods, and Avalis, enough for your discoveries in Syliras. Although I selfishly wish you had found your life's purpose at home, you've left no doubt in my mind that you are in the right place. These Knights - they seem honourable and true, like yourself. And, to speak frankly, I can see that this the happiest you have been in a long, long while. The passion in your words shows me that.

Before I forget: Kobalt sends you his greetings and says that he, too, is pleased you have carved out a respectable path for yourself. He would also like you to know that you will always have a place here, should you ever decide to return.

Imass, I miss you like no other. I hope you are correct when you say that we will be reunited, as the days are less bright when I am not by your side. The writings you sent me - the ones from the Penita Scrolls - have played their part in encouraging my patience. They speak of belief and courage, and I know that is what I must exercise now.

I will try to be stronger, Imass. For you, my family, and Avalis. When doubt clouds my mind and fear shadows my steps, I will think of you. I will think of your faith, courage, and conviction. And I will be okay.

Love always,
Naeya Ti'av
Naeya

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Imass' Saddle Bags

Postby Anton on October 23rd, 2012, 10:31 am

Summer, 3th, 512 AV

Dear Lohn Jocke,

Thank you for your kind remarks. The pains have subsided, and my arms and feet no longer ache as much as they used to. Sometimes, I still wake up in the night with blood trickling from my mouth. I've done everything the books have told me to, but something's gone wrong and I can't tell anyone. They'll know what I did and they'll have me flogged for it. Or worse, removed from my post.

Although, I'm starting to think that wouldn't be such a bad idea. Maybe. I don't know anymore.

I've always wanted to be a knight, always wanted to roam the countryside and save maidens from monsters and fight evil and search for magic and adventure in the deepest, darkest places of the world. We don't call ourselves knights in Alvadas, of course, but I would like to think that our intent is the same, that though we worship the Trickster and your Syliran neighbours pay tribute to their own gods, we are all nonetheless devoted to the same good cause. I've been a, pardon me if the term is incorrect, a squire for as long as I remember, and a knight for the past season.

But I'm not sure I want to be a knight anymore.

The problem, I think, is me. Doubt is for the weak. And maybe that's what I am: Weak. I've always been small, after all, and I'm not sure whether I'm getting any bigger.

I'm such a downer. But good news! I met a god the other day. Not the Lord Trickster, I fear, but another God. Can you believe it? I think he likes me. I think he really, really likes me. I can't tell you who though. I think he -Did I say he? It could be a she- is very, very shy. But I'm not sure Lord Ionu would approve of this. You see, he gave me something, a tattoo of some sorts.

It's itchy. But in a good way.

But enough about me. I understand that you're started your term at the University. I'm so envious of you! You must tell me all about it in your next letter.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Arrius
Anton
I am loyal to my nightmares

Words: 71278
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2012, 3:51 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Imass' Saddle Bags

Postby Crypt on November 2nd, 2012, 3:00 pm

40th of Fall, 512 AV

Dear Ezardus Intempus,

I am Crypt Insatem, son of Insatem. My father has often mentioned you in the brief time we spent studying his books together, and has called you an old friend he would dearly love to visit again in the future before his untimely death. I am writing to you now from Syliras, where I am currently located in, in hopes that you can tell me more about my father. What little fragments of his history I have mostly forgotten, and he was always avoiding questions about his past. My mother knows all about him, but she promised him that she would not tell anything until she was on her deathbed, and so I write to you now.

I know that my father worked as a guard in Syliras long ago. That was what he told me about. But I have seen a tarnished pin shaped in the form of two swords; I have noticed such pins on the Knights I have seen so far. As such, he should most possibly be a Syliran Knight. I am looking to uphold his legacy, and to do so I may join the Knights this season or next. Please, tell me all that you know of him.

Thank you.

Crypt Insatem

Done by the one and only Assilsa Curare!

8200th member. :)

NOTE: I will be on holiday from the 9th to the 25th, so don't expect me to post anything! Apologies.
Crypt
Apophenia.

Words: 329416
Joined roleplay: September 20th, 2012, 4:58 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)