Soggy Feet, Soggy Attitudes

[Jasmine] In which a horse decides to be an indoor animal and Aoife (hopefully) learns something about him

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Aoife Oakheart on January 19th, 2016, 7:28 am

15th day of Winter, Year 515 AV

Horse and girl stood nearly nose to nose. He snorted, blowing flecks of snot into her face. This didn’t help the look of frustration that already sat there. A grey bird sat on her shoulder and was busy pulling out strands of hair from her braided bun. That didn’t help Aoife’s expression either. The horse was the problem of the hour though, she would scold the bird for her messy hair later.

She stepped forward so she was far too close in the horse’s face. He didn’t backup. She shifted to his side and applied a building pressure to his pale-golden flank until all of her body weight was behind it and her feet were slipping in the mud. He just leaned into her arms and still didn’t move. She gazed at his backend but decided against that. It wasn’t worth a kick. With an exasperated wave of her arms she turned back to the grumpy woman standing further inside the tent. “I’m really sorry,” she pleaded. “I can’t get him to move, he’s not normally like this.” Well...he was normally like that but she wasn’t about to admit it.

The woman waved a heavy wooden spoon in Aoife’s face. “Well you’d better find a way. The last thing I need in here while I’m trying to make dinner is a muddy horse.” The girl shot a glance at the four wrestling and screaming children behind the woman and couldn’t help but agreeing.

For some reason Harv had decided to intrude on a stranger’s pavilion. The woman had managed to stop him from coming further so he stood with his front end inside and his backend sticking outside in the drizzling rain.

Aoife winced as one of the children threw a doll at her head with surprising accuracy. The mother didn’t even blink. “Uh, gimme a second, I’ll try something else.” The girl ducked her head and stepped outside into the elements. She attempted to shoo the bird away as she tried to think but he wouldn’t move either and sat grumbling into her ear. Could she...move their pavilion? No, that wouldn’t work. She had already tried food to lead the horse out but he wasn’t interested and only managed to get further inside.

The girl stood in the rain with one hand on her forehead, the other propped on her hip and looking every bit perplexed. She didn’t notice the mud on his hooves or the dryness of the ground within the pavilion. Didn’t even cross her mind.
Aoife Oakheart
Player

Words: 13144
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 7:02 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Jasmine Stormblood on January 20th, 2016, 12:43 am

Jasmine rode on Chaser's back with a smile gently singing to herself. 'Welcome to the world little one,
Let me be your friend, let me be your safe place
Together once more let us be-'

Jasmine stopped mid sentence seeing a young girl trying to get a very unwilling horse to move. Thunder roared over head as the rain once more began to pour down on the two. Sighing gently the young drykas clicked her tongue and walked the stallion towards the other young girl. Smiling gently the young woman jumped off the back of her stallion walking over as her normally wavy tresses were stuck to her face and neck due to all the rain.

"Do you need help miss?" Jasmine asked with a smile getting the young woman's attention.

Blue eyes watched with slight amusement as the young girl jumped looking at her surprised by the sudden appearence of the pair that appeared to be covered from head to toe in mud.

The Clan is Strength.
The Clan is Life.
Jasmine Stormblood
The Clan is Strength, The Clan is Life

Words: 263067
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2013, 2:51 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Aoife Oakheart on January 20th, 2016, 10:54 pm

A new voice cut through the rain, directed at her which startled the girl for a moment, so deep she was in her own thoughts. "Do you need help miss?"

Aoife turned her head to find a muddy girl smiling at her. She appeared to be around the same age give or take, it was a little hard to tell in the rain with the mud everywhere. Aoife chuckled. “I do need help, though I’m not sure if anything will work.” Her hand waved toward her horse’s rear end which was the only part visible sticking outside the tent. He almost looked like he was helping hold the tent up the way the flaps draped down his sides. “Harv here has decided to intrude rather rudely.” At this Aoife grimaced slightly toward the tent where the woman could be heard still scolding the horse over the yelling of the children.

It wasn’t the first time the horse had done something like this. He was quite the natural actually in getting in other people’s ways and drawing attention to himself. Aoife wished her father were there, he’d know exactly what the horse was saying. Harv didn’t pull these stunts with her father around, he knew better. With her though, it was always a puzzle. With Khyrmn it was the opposite. Every movement he made, every sound, she knew what he trying to tell her. If only it were the same with Harv.

The girl turned her attention back to the other. “I’ve tried everything I can think of...so if you have any ideas please be my guest!” At this Khyrmn flew from Aoife’s shoulder and landed on Harv’s back as if to make sure he was included in the attention too. The horse stamped one of his back feet but was used to the bird’s antics enough that it didn’t bother him all that much. Other than that one foot stamp, he still refused to move.
Aoife Oakheart
Player

Character sheet

Postby Jasmine Stormblood on January 21st, 2016, 1:32 am

Jasmine smiles and walks over to the stallion and put her hand on his side causing him to look at the girl. The blond haired girl walked forward and opened the flap some to look inside and tickle one of the little ones.

"Tired of being in the rain huh big boy? May I enter miss? I only intend to get him out if I can," Jasmine said with a smile looking to the stallion then to the woman inside gently.

The older woman threw her hands up in the air walking away from the circus going on in her door way. Jasmine barely stepped inside just enough to stand beside the stallion with a smile. Bright blue eyes smiled up to the stallion petting his muzzle gently.

"Come with me to a dry place and I will give you all the sugar cubes and carrots you can stand," Jasmine said with a smile looking at him as the stallion watched the girl deciding what to do.

Jasmine smiles and walks outside and got a carrot out of her pouch that she keeps stocked to feed Chaser when the two are out on the plains. Walking back over to the stallion and letting him eat the carrot.

"There is more if you follow me and Chaser," Jasmine said and walked out as soon the stallion followed behind her.

The Clan is Strength.
The Clan is Life.
Jasmine Stormblood

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Aoife Oakheart on January 21st, 2016, 6:39 am

Harv’s flanks twitched under the touch of the stranger. He let out a grunt of protest as the stranger then appeared at his face. If not intent on holding his ground he would have turned away from her. Aoife was his person, he didn't need any others getting in his space. The bird hopped along his back until it too was inside the tent, watching the strange girl warily. Then she petted Harv’s nose and the horse relaxed. Maybe this person wasn't so bad after all. Khyrmn squawked and bolted from the tent back to Aoife’s shoulder, chittering obnoxiously. “Shh,” she told him as she tried to pay attention to what the other girl was doing. She couldn’t see clearly so she’d have to make sure she asked if anything did happen. She turned and gave the girl’s horse a grin “Your rider doesn’t happen to have some magic up her sleeve, does she?”

The other girl reappeared after only a few moments and then to Aoife’s surprise, so did Harv’s head. He awkwardly dislodged himself from the tent, twisting and turning as the wet flaps stuck to his fur. His ears flattened ever so slightly upon seeing the other stallion but still followed the reward. He didn't give Aoife a single glance as he passed her. The woman inside the tent shot out a look of good riddance before sharply closing it tight against the elements. “Sorry,” Aoife managed out, hoping that would be sufficient but doubting the woman heard anyway.

The girl’s mouth hung open in shock as she turned her attention back to the other. “How did you do that?” She asked, joining their little parade. “Oh, I'm Aoife by the way...but honestly, I tried food and he didn't budge! How did you do that?” The girl skipped over a puddle only to land ankle deep in deceptive mud on the other side. She wiped a wet hand across her forehead to clear the hairs sticking to her face and wondered where exactly it was they were headed.
Aoife Oakheart
Player

Character sheet

Postby Jasmine Stormblood on January 22nd, 2016, 2:29 am

Jasmine smiles looking at the young girl as the stallion forced his way out of the pavilion and followed her. She quickly dug out another carrot and began to lead them to the tent at the Guided Horse. Once Jasmine walked under the tent and shook out her hair as Chaser snorts watching her.

“Got to love sugar coated carrots,” Jasmine said with a smile and turned to look at the young girl.

“I use them when Chaser gets super stubborn like that,” the young Drykas said with a smile looking at the other young woman.

Jasmine walked over to a table the groomers often used to put their grooming tools on. Taking out her dagger and a couple of sugar cubes Jasmine began to chip at the cubes turning them into a fine powder. Once powder the blue eyed beauty took a few drops of water and put them on top of the powder slowly rolling them over and letting them get coated lightly in the sugar. After the second carrot it coated Jasmine puts them on a paper that way they can dry off. The young woman looks back to the girl hearing her speak once more after she finished.

The Clan is Strength.
The Clan is Life.
Jasmine Stormblood

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Prophet on April 15th, 2016, 12:20 am

ImageImage

Aoife, PM me if you return and I will grade your posts. I liked how things were started here. The concept of sugar-coated carrots is interesting. Maybe you could work that into more threads. Do me a favor, though. If you use them a lot, buy some carrots and sugar. ;)

Jasmine
XP
  • Singing: +1
  • Riding – Horse: +1
  • Socialization: +3
  • Observation: +2
  • Animal Husbandry: +2
  • Cooking: +1
Lores
  • Animal Husbandry: Bribery works on animals
  • Cooking: Sugar-coated Carrots
Prophet