The Personality Place

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to place any off topic chatter, thread games, etc here.

The Personality Place

Postby Karin on January 13th, 2017, 10:30 pm

Right! So I thought I would take this test twice, once as myself, and once as Karin. The results are in and they're quite interesting to myself, so I thought I'd post them up for others to see if they wish.

Self

INFP Personality (“The Mediator”) *

INFP personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, INFPs have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the INFP personality type – but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration.

Being a part of the Diplomat personality group, INFPs are guided by their principles, rather than by logic (Analysts), excitement (Explorers), or practicality (Sentinels). When deciding how to move forward, they will look to honor, beauty, morality and virtue – INFPs are led by the purity of their intent, not rewards and punishments. People who share the INFP personality type are proud of this quality, and rightly so, but not everyone understands the drive behind these feelings, and it can lead to isolation.

The basic understanding I have of this is that an INFP is pretty shy (tick!), almost naive (tick!), and likes to listen (tick!). As a person, I have always been very introverted, and more recently I suppose I've embraced that. I never remember my INFP personality label, and I'm not a big fan of labels, but there you go! Now, I find it's more interesting to compare my own result with Karin's...

Karin

INTJ Personality ("The Architect") *

I've only taken snippets from this spiel, because reading all that text is a bit crazeh. My main surprise when doing this test was how good it was as a character development tool. It made me think about situations Karin has never been in, and how she might respond or think.

People with the Architect personality type are imaginative yet decisive, ambitious yet private, amazingly curious, but they do not squander their energy.

I have literally never thought of Karin as ambitious, but now that I think about it, she is in some respects. She wants to be the best- the best Svefra, the best shipwright. And she's decisive too, having only just recently decided to move to Syka and stay there, despite it being virtually a nightmare for the poor gal. ;)

Architects are simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealists and the bitterest of cynics, a seemingly impossible conflict. But this is because Architect personalities tend to believe that with effort, intelligence and consideration, nothing is impossible, while at the same time they believe that people are too lazy, short-sighted or self-serving to actually achieve those fantastic results.

What is surprising here is that I am actually very, very similar to this on the surface. Deep down though I am pretty soft-hearted, and like to think people are good. Surface-level, I see a lot of idiots of the lazy, self-serving variety which make me initially think, "Oh dear gods no." Putting thought into it, Karin is also like this, but hasn't really developed it much because she hasn't got to a lofty position to look down on stupid people. Most people she has ever met have been other PCs, and most PCs are very driven. Given time, it might be an interesting plot to have Karin be like this.

White lies and small talk are hard enough as it is for a type that craves truth and depth, but Architects may go so far as to see many social conventions as downright stupid. Ironically, it is often best for them to remain where they are comfortable – out of the spotlight – where the natural confidence prevalent in Architects as they work with the familiar can serve as its own beacon, attracting people, romantically or otherwise, of similar temperament and interests.

I'm going to finish off saying that I don't entirely agree with some of the points that the article brings up. Karin isn't quite as logical as all that, but it has made me think about her in a different way. I'd highly suggest doing this test as a character development tool! :)

10/7/17- All my threads are marked [open] and as such are open to all. :)
Karin
Ocean gazing

Words: 384298
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2015, 10:05 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

The Personality Place

Postby Dajiana on May 4th, 2017, 5:09 pm

CAMPAIGNER (ENFP-T)

I guess that quite describes me... ^^
I love doing art.. I daydream a bit... I am childlike.. I like new things.. and the other stuff.... hah

@Elysium, thanks for the video!

@Cor, Thanks for this! It was quite fun!
Hello All! Please have patience as I am new to the game and still learning! ^^
I am also quite busy with things too...

Sorry for the inconvenience, and hope you understand!
Dajiana
Player

Words: 1872
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2017, 4:51 pm
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet

Previous