PM to join Where is the warmth? (Irathia)

What is colder? Winter or Loneliness

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Where is the warmth? (Irathia)

Postby Hwyn on February 8th, 2016, 4:31 am

Winter 59th 515

The day was not going well at all. Even on the winter clothing Hwyn had bought the cold still managed to leach through the stockings cloak and tunic Hwyn wore. Hwyn had wanted to go out from the small room at the travelers row into the city to find something to eat, Hwyn had gone without eating the entire day before trying to avoid the snow outside but a growling stomach had the final say on that particular decision.

By the time Hwyn had made it halfway out into the city the way to the bakery had been lost among the snowdrifts in the early morning and Hwyn was becoming increasingly lost in the still somewhat unfamiliar city. Getting colder by the minute hwyn searched for some place in which to find a reprieve and wandered into an unfamiliar store to perhaps gleam some warmth. Upon entering the building however Hwyn was greeted with not with a smile but with a glower from a man who sized Hwyn up immediately. Deciding that the child had no place in his store the man promptly tossed him out sighting him to the orphanage and calling Hwyyn a dirty street rat while he was at it.

It wasn't an inept discription either Hwyn was not particualrly clean or the best smelling, Hwyn had spent more time hiding from the snow and tryng to stay warm in the past couple days more so than worrying about baths or grooming. Not that Hwyn minded to much after all who needed people to like you or care about you when you were able to survive on your own. Hwyn had been self sufficient so far in Syliras why look for handouts and kindness now. If someone didn't want Hwyn around based on appearances that was fine. Hwyn would just move on to the next place

Shivering Hwyn marched on continuing a pursuit of somewhere warm welcoming and with some food.
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Words: 275288
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2015, 1:26 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Donor (1)

Postby Irathia on February 8th, 2016, 10:51 pm

Irathia walked through the streets, her cloak wrapped around her... She enjoyed the loneliness of her walks, it allows her to think, though the cold bit at her face, and she used it as a excuse to tell people to go back into buildings until it gets warmer in the coming days... Hopefully... As she saw in Mythrin, things were getting bad.

Irathia saw some one walking in the street, they were quite small from what she has seen... She walked quicker, trying to catch the small person, probably a child now that she thought about it... That just made her more worried. She shoved her legs through the snow and just stared at the figure. Irathia eventually caught up to the small person and placed a hand on the child's shoulder.

"Excuse me, what are you doing out here." Irathia said, placing a firm grasp on the child's shoulder. "Where are your parents." Irathia's voice was a bit dull, her emotionless mask on and firm.
Irathia
Player

Words: 99507
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2016, 4:34 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hwyn on February 11th, 2016, 12:19 am

As Hwyn made his ways through the frigid streets he began to sense that someone was following him. As Hwyn increased his pace, he could hear the pace behind him increase. He hadn't done anything yet today but that didn't mean anything in sunberth, in fact when you here someone approaching you from behind in Sunberth your best option is to take off as quickly as you can. Right as he was about to bolt a voice reached out to him from behind.

"Excuse me, what are you doing out here."

Turning around Hwyn saw a woman with tawny skin approaching him. She didn't look like the type to rob him but their certainly seemed to have some sort of predatory air about her as if she could go into a hunt at any moment. As she approached she added another question to the first one.

"Excuse me, what are you doing out here."

Looking at the woman Hwyn frowned, both at the questions and the fact that he was being asked questions he didn't want to answer.

"I need to get some food, I've run out at home, and uh... my parents are, uhm... gone"

With that Hwyn had answered the questions but not grown any warmer. So he began walking at his slow pace again the snow coming up to his thighs slowing his progress more than he would have ever had to deal with in sunberth. Perhaps he shouldn't have walked away from the woman, it hadn't been the nicest thing he had ever done, but he was freezing and didn't care for the experience.
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Irathia on February 11th, 2016, 10:41 pm

Irathia stood in place, staring as the kid walked away. He should be in the orphanage... Or at least some place warm for a while. Irathia thought. She shifted in place as she rubbed her chin, thinking of what she could do... She couldn't just let the kid walk in the snow, that would be cruel...

Irathia began to follow the kid more, picking up her pace to catch up with the child. She placed a hand on the child's shoulder, squeezing it. "Excuse me... Would you like to come with me?" Irathia said, thinking if she should put on a smile. "I know what it is like to be alone during this time of year, though not with all the snow..." Irathia decided to give a small smile, trying to make her look more friendly.

"I think together we can find a place to get out of this cold." Irathia said, trying to act as nice as possible... She hated seeing children sitting in the cold. No child should have to be alone with all of this snow. It feels like the kid will starve or freeze to death if she didn't do something to get the kid out. "What do you say?"
Irathia
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hwyn on April 12th, 2016, 12:28 am

Footsteps followed Hwyn's small back and with then a warm hand found it's way to his shoulder. He could either run or heat the stranger out, and the prospect of running didn't particularly appeal to him. Turning to face the taller woman Hwyn was greeted by an oddly grim if not sincere smile.

"Excuse me... Would you like to come with me?"
"I know what it is like to be alone during this time of year, though not with all the snow..."

The grimace melted into a slightly less predatory expression and into one that bellied a gentler kindness. It was odd though that it seemed to take such effort to smile, though Hwyn could relate to not having much to smile about. Though perhaps not the most genuine the smile was not one that seemed to hide ill intent.

"I think together we can find a place to get out of this cold."
"What do you say?"

Nodding slowly Hwyn Conceded. It seemed that the woman wasn't planning on letting him walk away so he might as well seek warmth and perhaps a meal with the stranger. Worst case scenario he could probably bolt at the last second. It's not like he'd done anything to get into trouble and he was still wearing his disguise. The chances of anyone noticing him for being male were minuscule at best.

Not particularly interested in returning the smile Hwyn greeted the woman with a solemn sad face that bellied his loneliness and hunger in one go, his eyes like pitiful pools of turquoise water fit to spill over if not freeze. The look wasn't a lie though it was perhaps exaggerated. He was hungry and lonely, he just wasn't particularly new to either.

"Ok, I... I'll come with you, but I don't really now anywhere in particular to go miss"

He had been searching for a bakery of any sort but if the woman could think of anything better he was open to suggestions. It wasn't like he had anything better to do with the day.

As he was standing there a particularly jagged breeze rent through his thin clothing forcing a sharp shiver to run up his spine and his teeth to begin chattering. Hwyn sighed inwardly to himself. He didn't mind looking pitiful as an act but this weather was no joking matter he really was starting to freeze.
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Irathia on April 13th, 2016, 2:18 am

Irathia gave a small smile and quickly pulled off her cloak and wrapped the thing around the small child in front of her. The thing looked overly big on him, and it made her laugh slightly... She took a page out of Sera Ravonai and placed a hand on the child's shoulder. "Come on." She said, another wind gust stung her arms, but she felt like the child needed it more.

They walked through the streets, Irathia smiling slightly at the child. She was thinking of locations that the child can go to with out being thrown out... She thought of the Dormitories, but she wasn't sure that the child was able to go there due to her not being a squire. Maybe the Soothing Waters can warm her up... There were so many different ways she had trouble deciding...

Irathia decided to bring him to the Traveler's Row, it was a inn, and she can stay there with the child until he was warm enough to venture back out... She steered them in that direction and soon they found the inn, and with a smile Irathia looked at the kid. She patted him slightly as they walked in, the warmth flooding them both as they entered... She patted the child again, paid the desk woman a gold Mizas for a night stay...
Irathia
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hwyn on April 20th, 2016, 9:29 pm

Letting the woman steer him as they walked they ended up at the travelers row. Hwyn had managed to end up back where he had set out from without intending too. Keeping the hood of the woman's cloak pulled down to conceal his face Hwyn avoided meeting the gaze of the shopkeeper. He had already lied to the woman about having parents so it likely wasn't in his best interest to reveal that he lived here already.

Hwyn felt kind of bad about it though the woman was wasting Miza on someone like him, particularly true in this circumstance. But he had already dug himself into the situation he wasn't going to be able to extricate himself easily now. letting the woman do the talking Hwyn observed her. She was pretty but not in the normal sense of the word, her face seemed anamalistic in ways as if she could tear something limb from limb given the opportunity. Her arms were filled with compacted lean muscle, and if Hwyn wasn't being fulled by the light, one of her arms had a bluish tint to it, though perhaps that was just the shadows. Then their was her mannerism, she seemed to be quite kind, but also stubborn in her own way, she hadn't let him get away earlier instead pursuing him with a zeal most citizens lacked.Then there was her form of dress, her mannerisms pointed to her being on of the Order, if so Hwyn had best behave else he risked a sort of trouble he wanted to avoid.

But as it was he was stuck, he would simply have to roll with whatever came and hopefully come out of it ok. Hwyn could already feel warmth leaching back into his small body. Maybe he was just being a pessimist though perhaps she only had good intentions, it was hard to tell with people, not that hwyn had any skills when it came to reading people anyways, he almost always assumed the worst, in Sunberth that kind of thinking kept him alive after all.
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes