Earth, Wind, and Water (Trios, Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

Postby Sabazios on December 27th, 2010, 6:32 pm

Image The two foreigners moved along slowly through the grass, impeded by the many knotted clumps of tall grass. Even young Drykas were taught to avoid such simple pitfalls, but it seemed as if the very land itself was attempting to ensnare the visitors. As they sludged through the grasses the Drykas, a boy flowering into manhood looked into the webs that his ancestors had wrought....

He reached into the web, feeling a trickle of complex signals running through him. He could only grasp a small portion of what came through. He saw his location in reference to the moving city, and he could feel the distant movements of a herd of striders. Their presence was graceful and wise even when seen through the web.

The sun was quickly fading, dropping beneath the western horizon. With it's final warm glow receding, the great winds of the plain grew stronger. The cold of the winds whipped across the travelers faces. It pierced like knives in the growing shadow. Only the Drykas recognized the symptoms being shown, a storm was on it's way. Far to the east dark clouds were forming, but were hardly visible over the grasses.

Cover would soon be essential, but that very necessety is something a grassland has little of.

Official Edict To All Drykas Pavilions: "You Make Love, I'll Deal With The Rest"
Sabazios
Papa Vinnie

Words: 36329
Joined roleplay: September 6th, 2010, 11:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Trios on December 29th, 2010, 12:56 am

“Depends on what you consider treasure boy, but I think we all might benefit from this should it be successful. I know I’ll be getting what I want” Chuckled the Isur coldly towards Conrad before giving the Drykas kid another cold glace.

There was no point in hiding the full story from the companions now, they’re course was set and betrayal would be very unlikely now. Trios would congratulate the men if they indeed have some sort of plan laid out to backstab him once he gave out the information. But since it was highly unlikely Trios thought he could give the two kids all of the information on the subject. So as Trios tried to keep pace with Conrad’s longer strides, the Isur would tell his tale.

“Well there’s been some tales of a cursed ship called the Infortunatus . The large wreck marks a rocky shoreline where many boats have been claimed by hazardous shores. There are also many versions of this tale claiming that the Infortunatus was carrying gold to dark religious artefacts. But all that remains constant in the tale is a shipwreck along the Western Coastline of Cyphrus. I could careless whats in the damn thing, all I want is the ship but if it’s filled with gold… then I’d consider it a bonus to my efforts.” Began Trios scratching his bluebeard as he told the tale to the young humans.

“But can you imagine it, with a ship I could go anywhere I wanted, take what ever I saw fit to have and live by my own will. I could make a war with the entire world if I wanted and I’d be laughing the entire time.” Finished Trios in a dark chuckle a sly smile cracking through his cold exterior at his plans for the future. The Isur would stop at nothing to complete his current goal of obtaining a sea vessel, man nor nature would stop him from getting his prize.

“Money and the like are all fine if you wanna play by the rules of others but I think I am at that point where I stopped fully caring about that. Not hard to imagine what young boys like yourselves would buy if we found riches in the wreck. “ Stated Trios in a hearty laugh as he walked westward in the grasslands.

Trios would answer the lads questions about the legend and the ship itself but other than that the Isur would stay silent in deep thought as he tried to keep pace with a horse and the long human strides of Conrad. As the trio continued their way westward Trios felt the icy dagger’s of wind pierce his face as the sun slowly dove beneath the crimson skyline. The Isur didn’t really hate the cold but he still thought he’d rather be somewhere warmer, like a tropical island then some grassy wasteland.

“Oi Drykas! These nights always this cold? I think sleeping under the sky might now be a bad idea if it might turn my skin more blue than it already is.” Growled Trios towards Sama’el in a questionable manner at the current weather.
THEME
"Look to the gods then look to your hands, if your going to depend on one go with the one that is attached."
Trios
Bow to nothing, live for everything.

Words: 144086
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2010, 1:03 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet

Postby Conrad on January 2nd, 2011, 12:39 pm

Conrad's ears peaked in interest when Trios began explaining what they where searching for, He attentively listened to the isur as he walked beside him.
Though he frowned when Trios said he didn't cared about the treasure inside.
"So if you don't care about the treasure why are you doing this at all? From what I heard in endrykas its dangerous to travel trough the sea of grass so I doubt you are just sightseeing." Conrad was intrigued at the mention of not playing by the rules.Though some doubts filtered in about not being able to get caught.
"But aren't both zeltiva and riverfall port cities? I mean those guy's have fleets, so if you didn't live by the rules you would probably get caught anyway."
He shrugged and pulled his cloak a bit more around himself, the slow drop in temperature slowly getting to him.
He smiled as the picture of magical tomes and books about medicine and anatomy flashed through his mind when Trios began to talk about what he would use for it. He was pulled out of the daydream when Trios insulted sama'el again though.
"His name isn't drykas its sama'el. It isn't that hard to remember." He looked at the isur. "How would you like it if we called you an isur?"
Conrad
Player

Words: 93619
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2010, 7:20 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on January 2nd, 2011, 7:12 pm

Sama'el eventually managed to balance his awareness of the Web with his listening to Trios and Conrad, though he didn't speak of what he would buy with gold. They would likely not understand his drive for a pavilion of his own, though they might surprise him. People often shocked the hell out of him. Dark eyes tracked the horizon though there was nothing visible, only the feeling that a herd of Striders rode in that direction. He wondered if they felt him passing, too, with Dohaina and the others.

He didn't ask about refitting a shipwreck to make it seaworthy, nor crewing it. Certainly Sama'el didn't know the first thing about sailing, but it was good to have a dream. The chill wind cut through even his winter wool, disrupting his attunement to the Web.

"A storm is coming," he said. "Zulrav protect us."

One day, perhaps, the storm god would mark him with favor and he could protect his companions from the wrath of the skies, but for now he simply attempted to renew his communion with the Web in order to find them some shelter.

"I will find us a place out of the wind," he assured them, praying silently to Zulrav that he might be as good as his word. It didn't seem outside the realm of the possible that he could, or even that Zulrav might take notice of him. After all, Dohaina had come to him out of the rage of a Cyphrus storm.
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Sabazios on January 6th, 2011, 5:16 pm

The travelers had decided to try and find a place of refuge. They scrambled around the near area without much luck. There was simply no cover. They were in the middle of a storm, in the middle of a grassland, and they were out of time.

It started with a increase of wind, it blew so strong that the three men felt their very clothing being pulled. It seemed that the wind would rip everything that they held apart. But this wan't the end, next came the outbreak of water. Huge raindrops fell soaking the men within minutes of the outbreak. And finally the roar of thunder could be heard across the land. The sky lit up with the strike of lightning.

In the light created by the storm Sama'el could see a large dip in the ground. If they could get to that indent of earth they would have the ability to create a lean too against the hill. However by going into the depression they would face the very real danger of flooding.

What to do now was very Dependant on the young Drykas, Sama'el. He had the most experience with the sea of grass. Only he knew where to look for the tale tell signs of the land. He would have to decide whether or not to alert his companions to the place of refuge or to keep on the high ground.

Official Edict To All Drykas Pavilions: "You Make Love, I'll Deal With The Rest"
Sabazios
Papa Vinnie

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on January 7th, 2011, 8:32 pm

OOCSorry for going out of turn, but it seems like Sama'el should go first here...

What Sama'el might have done if it was just him and his horses was one thing, but Trios was in nominal charge of this little mission. He had to at least present them with their options before the howling wind was impossible to scream over. With a deft and silent signal to Dohaina, she immediately knelt down in the wet, wind-whipped grass, and Horse, who had some sense, followed suit. Sama'el ran over to Trios, got right in his ear and began shouting.

"There's a depression over there," he shouted, pointing, "where we could set up a lean-to, but if it rains enough, we'll flood out. It might be best to stay here on high ground, pull a tent over the horses and huddle in among them until it blows itself out."

He then waited for Trios to make eye contact and decide, and then Sama'el would have to decide if he would follow that advice based on his own hunches. They were no longer on the familiar path he had taken when Endrykas moved from its Fall encampment to the current Winter encampment, and he only had what other Stormwatch had told him about the route to go by.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Trios on January 10th, 2011, 4:15 am

“If I want money I can get it, what I don’t have is a way to get away with what ever I do. As for fleets, it wouldn’t be worth doing if there wasn’t anyone to try and stop you..... And!!! I wouldn’t care if you did call me an Isur, s’wat I am aren’t I? No use arguing it.” Chuckled Trios at Conrad’s threat like attempt to call him an Isur.

Names were important to the Isur, but calling a person by their name had to mean something. Since Trios hardly knew Sama’el he would remain by his race title until Trios felt it prudent to call him by his actual name. Respect was shown by this manner to call a person by their name, and for Trios respect was difficult to give out even though he sometimes demanded so much of it.

As the wind howled louder ad stronger the Dyrkas told the group that a storm was fast approaching, and to Trios’s surprise and rage prayed to the god of storms for protection. It was sickening to beg or ask for protection, especially from a god. The Isur thought the Drykas were a proud people due to their strength and stubbornness. It was almost sickening to think that Sama’el quickly asked for divine assistance when a ill situation arose.

“You tell Zulrav to let his winds blow as hard as they can, we don’t need pity from beings who think themselves divine, nor fools who beg for their help.” Trios yelled coldly as he almost shook with rage at the mere thought of a god helping him on his quest, and having someone in his presence who so easily asked for their protection.

“Yes WE will find a place out of this wind, not some windbag of a god! Conrad I hope ta’hell you don’t gravel to some deity as fast as this Drykas here, Fan out!! We'll cover more ground that way .” Finished Trios in his cold yell at Sama’el as he told Trios that Sama’el was going to search for a suitable refuge.

The Isur looked from Sama’el to Conrad with calculating eyes before walking a few meters right of where the group’s line of travel had been. If the other’s followed suit it would be a small combing manoeuvre to keep a good watch for shelter. Plus Trios needed to calm his rage at the Drykas boy and starting a fight in the middle of a storm, in the middle of the wild was not a wise decision.

The slight distance from the party would allow the Isur to cool his temper at the situation. Also how could the Drykas know the insult that he had just thrown towards him, reasoned Trios. Only a few men Trios had known seemed to have the same mind set to spit at the idea of having their strength assisted by the divine. It was a bastardization of personal strength and will to be protected like a child from a divine being.

Moments passed as the group failed to find a decent shelter with the incensement of wind strength. As Trios grasped his hat in the winds furry and his cloths and supplies thrashed about behind him. Trios was heavy as a rock this much was fact but his belongings weren’t. Being robbed and stripped naked of his belongings was a decent threat in it self but Trios wasn’t going to give the wind satisfaction of being scared.

“If this wind doesn’t put wind in your sails then nothing will, hahahahah! ” Laughed Trios coldly at his joke towards wind when the rain began to fall. It was as if the rain had been a result of the Isur mocking the power of the storm. The water seemed to find every inch of Trios to where nothing seemed to be dry. Finally lightning seemed to split the sky apart with flashes of white, illuminating the grasslands.

“Now this is a storm ladies, Conrad I’d hold onto your idiot of a bird if I were you” Trios yelled towards Conrad with his warning. Sure Trios hated the bird beast but death by grassland storm was such a dismal way to go, if the bird was to die it’d be for lunch. Though with the amount of noise going on all around the party, it would be a miracle if the magical doctor heard the Isur.

Trios didn’t even hear Sama’el’s approach, which caused the Isur to flinch slightly as the boy shouted his recommendation. It seemed pretty straight forward and given the circumstances huddling as a single mass together and wait the storm out. Though a solution where spending time with a person who seemed to be devoted to some deity seemed appalling, it was the only one so it would have to do.

“Aye, boy the latter seems a fair idea, your best one yet. I have a large tarp for such situation in my pack we can wrap our top of ourselves as well” Yelled Trios back into Sama’el’s ear as the Isur patted his rucksack to where the large tarp had been neatly folded. It was a ten by ten tarp which would allow them to at least sit on something dry and pull overtop of themselves to deter the rain.

“Conrad get your ass in gear boy!” Trios bellowed in a booming voice towards the shape shifter beckoning him to come and assist him and the Drykas in the plan. Trios ploughed his way through the rain and the wind towards the horses as they laid down in the grass. The thrill of the situation seemed to make Trios enjoy it even more. And if anyone say the Isur’s face they would see a faint smile on his face as he followed the Drykas’s plan of action.

“DO YOU HEAR THIS ZULRAV!! THE DRYKAS THERE DOSN’T NEED YOUR PROTECTION HE CAN HANDLE THINGS BY HIMSELF HAHAHAHAHA” Trios yelled into the storm’s fury on behalf of Sama’el.

THEME
"Look to the gods then look to your hands, if your going to depend on one go with the one that is attached."
Trios
Bow to nothing, live for everything.

Words: 144086
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2010, 1:03 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet

Postby Conrad on January 11th, 2011, 3:13 pm

The fast wind completely making anything that trios and sama'el where saying he did the first thing that came into his mind. Try to make sure his little buddy wasn't blown away in this storm, though the smart parrot was already ahead of him, crawling inside the clothes he was wearing, causing conrad to winche a bit as the parrots claws scraped against his body.
Not hearing the order to fan out he just continued to follow the isur, though he did have a lot of problems following him as the wind nearly bowled his skinny ass over and the rain didn't make it easier at all.

“Conrad get your ass in gear boy!” The loud booming voice of trios was heard over the wind. Immediately drawing Conrads attention. And saw him gesturing that he should follow him towards the horses.
Not trying to lose any time he struggled against the wind to get catch up with trios.
“DO YOU HEAR THIS ZULRAV!! THE DRYKAS THERE DOSN’T NEED YOUR PROTECTION HE CAN HANDLE THINGS BY HIMSELF HAHAHAHAHA” Conrad shook his head as Trios yelled that.
"Right," he muttered to himself the wind making it impossible to hear him.
"Piss of the god a bit more Trios that really is going to help.
Conrad
Player

Words: 93619
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2010, 7:20 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on January 11th, 2011, 7:19 pm

Later Sama'el might wonder at Trios' independence from the gods. They might have to wait until he had earned enough respect to be called by his name in order to have a serious conversation, but for now the insults touched him less than the wind and rain. When Trios agreed to his proposal, he quickly took an edge of the tarp firmly in hand for fear it would blow away. Horse's flank was quivering beneath Sama'el's hands as he tucked the tarp under his weight, and he spared him a touch to the head to let him know that Sama'el would not desert him to the storm.

Dohaina was calmer, but then she was Stormborn herself, and he suspected she had a special affinity for the god of storms considering how they had met. Soon enough he had the makeshift cover secured under the weight of his horses, and he attempted to get Conrad and his bird in, then Trios. He would enter last. Trios might be in charge, but Sama'el was the Drykas in charge of them, and these were Drykas lands.

They would likely get muddy down there, but at least they had a better chance of surviving. The cacophony of wind and thunder was too loud now for communication, but he let the wind carry his prayers to Zulrav all the same. The god would hear: "We make shelter, stormlord. Leave us unscathed!"
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sabazios on January 12th, 2011, 5:26 pm

Image Sama'el had chosen wisely. While the high ground may be less comfortable, the lower was flooding even now. But the best decision he made in that storm was to cry out to lord of the wind and sky, Zulrav. However this positive influence was instantly shattered as Trios began cursing the god in his very element. He screamed his fury into the heart of the storm, proclaiming his independence from the powers of any divine being.

This action seemed to go without notice for the moment, as the three men managed to lay a hold of the large tarp and secure it with only a small amount of difficulty. When they finally managed to get into their shelter, it was hard to tell there was a difference from being outside. The wind was blowing so strongly now that the rain was slanting inside of their cover. Blowing directly into them.

It had only been a few seconds of peace, when a gust of wind stronger than any before blew across the grasses. It's strength was frightening, and it pulled even the horses from their positions. The tarp ripped off, threatening to take the heads of the people sheltering with it.

Both Sama'el and Conrad felt a sense of dread overpower them. The very air seemed ominous. Their sense of misery overtaken by an unshakable sense of fear. A warning cry from Dohaina told Sama'el that it was not only a feeling. The bond between horse and rider gave him an idea of what she feared. But her excitement was so great that he could only see that whatever it was, it was petching strong.

As these thoughts bulleted through the mind of Sama'el, he was thrown several feet by a sudden gust of wind. He saw Conrad land a few feet away from him, and his horse was already kneeling by him in an attempt to ward off the presence.

Only one thing was missing.... Trios. When the Drykas and Conrad had been thrown, he had watched terrified. Not because his friends were being tossed by the wind, but rather by the fact that he was being lifted by it. He was at least 12 feet off the ground, and his entire being was being shaken by the power of a voice. A voice like thunder, it reverberated all around. A presence of great power wrapped around him and held him up for inspection.

The voice reprimanded him for his conduct and threw him to the ground, breaking his right leg. It then fell upon him and told him that he was never again to disrespect the divine, for it was to them he owed his very life.

Image As abruptly as the presence came, it left. The lord of the wind had gone. With him left the storm. This could be as a token to the diligence of Sama'el in praying for his protection in the storm.

However Zulrav did leave one trace of his presence. Upon the back of an unconscious Isur lay a sign. It depicted a hurricane, and was full of many sickly hues of yellow and was filled with grey. He was the cursed of Zulrav. He had earned the animosity of the storm god.

Sabazios
Papa Vinnie

Office
Scrapbook

PreviousNext