Earth, Wind, and Water (Trios, Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

Postby Trios on January 12th, 2011, 8:10 pm

OCC: I’m Assuming I wake up in the care of the doctor in the party
It happened in an instant, the Isur had been huddled under the tarp the next moment all that was there was there was wind and power. It was as if Trios had found that he was in the center of a tornado suspended on the very wind itself. But there was something more sinister about this wind it held great power and presence. Trios body shook as something spoke from within the storm; it had a deep voice that seemed like thunder.

Trios’s own voice and yells were a mere whisper to the god of storm’s words as the divine being seemed to swirl around the Isur. The voice told him of how his actions were unforgivable to disrespect the divine was a sin. The thunderous voice finished it’s reprimand by saying that his life was now owed to them before Trios was slammed back to the earth a faint crack and sheering pain was felt in Trios’s Right leg before blackness overtook him.

But this wasn’t the end, in the blackness Trios could slowly feel himself come to his senses. He wasn’t dead but his whole body was in pain the majority of it flowing from his back and right leg. It had been a very eventful night indeed, meeting a god by insulting his divinity.

Trios couldn’t help but think that this tale had to at least be some kind of legend worthy. Trios had gotten his wish, to mark himself apart from the divine but he wondered if the cost of such a feat was something he could bear. Sure the god did spare him for some unknown reason when he could have been snapped in two like a twig, if at all Trios did respect a god’s power but that was why he had to announce his independence despite it.

Though the first battle with a god had ended in a complete wash, Trios knew he owed the storm god a favour for sparring his life, but that didn’t mean he had to like it. If anything had been gained it was that Trios’s ideas had been confirmed about the true nature of a god. They were as prideful and spiteful as any man but with huge amounts of power at their disposal. Time seemed to drift away from the Isur and he could hear murmur of voices and stings of pain as if his body was being inspected. Once Trios was fully aware of himself the man spoke in weak voice.

“Looks like……. I got to……. meet…. A…. god…Zulrav’s a bit of a stickler for dramatic entrances ya? Guess I owe him some kinda favour since I be still breathing hahaha” Coldly chuckled Trios as he lay upon some type of blanket in the grasslands. Trios didn’t want to open his eyes yet as he was deep in thought at a current mystery that plagued him. As Trios pondered this thought a small grin cracked his cold exterior as he spoke with slightly renewed vigour. Tacking a few breaths to get some will back into his voice Trios then continued on his thought process.

“Why the storm was thrown our way in the first place? All that was shown here was who’d bow to power and who wouldn’t. Kinda wish I avoided the beating but I guess that’s part of the price ya pay lads. What’s the damage Conrad? My leg and back be killing me” Trios finished opening his eyes looking for his two companions with blurred vision.

Trios internally finished his thoughts about what the storm god had planned for him down the road. It would have been a more childish act for a god to simply spare tearing a nuisance of a individual if there wasn’t some sort of goal in mind. Gods always did have some ulterior motive for everything if legends were to be believed. The Isur was sure that what ever the god of storms wanted it would be revealed to him sooner or later.

But now was the time to glance over the damages and get back to the current objective. Trios had swore to himself that he’d crawl to accomplish his goal and even fight the gods if he had to. It would appear that the Isur got the chance to prove his merit to his own vows.
THEME
"Look to the gods then look to your hands, if your going to depend on one go with the one that is attached."
Trios
Bow to nothing, live for everything.

Words: 144086
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2010, 1:03 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on January 13th, 2011, 7:29 am

Sama'el was blown about and buffeted, warned by Dohaina that the soul-numbing Presence he felt was that of a deity, and he very well might have been injured himself except he felt more connected to the world than he had when Daed first baptized him in the Drykas Web. It didn't last much longer than the remains of the storm, but he felt as though he had been changed internally, as if he were being prepared for something, but he didn't know what. Stormwatch he was, and Storms he had seen. Two now that he attributed directly to the god of storms Himself.

When he landed, he couldn't help himself. He rose up on his knees, arms outstretched, clothes and hair whipping behind him as he sought to embrace the storm.

"Thank you," he screamed into the deafening winds.

He couldn't remember much between then and stumbling back toward his companions. As Conrad seemed to have Trios well in hand, Sama'el looked after the health of his horses. Horsemanship was a prized skill among his people, and he knew a thing or two about herbs, but more toward what they could do for a sick or injured horse than for a human in similar straits.

"How is he?" he asked, speaking much too loud, but the wind and thunder had left his hearing temporarily muffled.
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Conrad on January 13th, 2011, 10:26 pm

Conrad pushed himself back on his feet as soon as the wind was gone and checked him and his parrot for any injuries.
Aside from some minor scrapes on his legs and a few ruffled feathers on his little buddy nothing was wrong with them. Letting out a relieved sigh he looked around for his fellow travelers, hoping nothing was wrong with them.
He paled when he saw trios laying on the ground with his leg at an unnatural angle and immediately ran towards him, already pulling out his healers kit.
"you big idiot! Go and piss of the god of storms during a storm!"
He knelt down cursing Trios's stupidity as he carefully rolled up his pant leg, hoping not to disturb the wound more, and cursed even more when he saw it was a compound fracture.
He perked up a bit though when Trios began to ramble about him and being in a goal for zultrav. Letting out a sigh in relief he just pulled out a short iron bar wrapped in leather and pushed in between Trios' teeth, not caring for any protest.
"Trios, keep your insane ramblings to yourself and bite down on that will you?" He grimaced again when he looked at the wound. The snow white color of the
bone starkly contrasting the red blood covering the isur's limb.
He sighed in relief as he heard Sama'el shouting how trios was doing.
"He isn't doing great! Get over here I might need your help!" Conrad shouted back as he pulled out a bandage out of his kit and folded it so that it resembled a compress and wet it a bit with water.
"Trios, you got a compound fracture, I probably have to push back in the bone and then set it in the right position again, Its going to hurt like hell." Conrad said in a slow and reassuring voice, while cleaning up the bone. After that was done he Began searching for bandages, splints and a sewing needle and some tread, in his kit and laid them down next to his patient so that he didn't have to look for them when he began, but he waited for Sama'el to get here first, he would probably need somebody to hold still the isur when he began to set the leg.
Conrad
Player

Words: 93619
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2010, 7:20 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on January 14th, 2011, 1:46 am

To his credit, Sama'el never said nor implied an 'I told you so' at Trios' expense. He merely knelt down next to Conrad to observe what he was doing with the ornery patient. It seemed a prudent move to silence the Isur with an iron bar betwixt his teeth, but he let that alone, too. With his hands on his thighs, he continued to survey the scene.

"I'm not much of a healer," he admitted. He normally had Dymphna and Denen, two Opal Clan healers, around for that sort of thing, and the way he was accident prone, that was a blessing and a half. "I'll do what I can, though."

If that meant attempting to hold Trios down, however, it was likely to fail. Sama'el was strong, but his muscles were long and lean, nothing like Trios or even Jaeden, who had been big and strong without a hint of becoming stout.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Trios on January 14th, 2011, 3:15 am

“Aye Lad my head still be loopy from the fall, hurry up and put the bone back. Stuff like that’s meant to be in the body” Trios growled in pain looking at his broken leg with such distain as one would look at a squashed insect. The Isur thought that if he survived this he’d have one hell of a story to tell.

Each second of pain slowly brought a higher focus of the current situation and a better sense of what had occurred in the storm. In all honestly saying screw you to the storm god while in an intense monsoon was not an overly brilliant wise choice but you had to admit it took some boons to do so.

Memories of the past began to swim in the Isur’s mind of a rather large stoutly man telling a small blue child that men are only as strong as the things they oppose. Bow to nothing but live for everything. Trios didn’t know why, maybe it was his racial blood or maybe the dreams of his youth that fuelled the mind set of the now adult Trios. One was bound to make a few enemies with that mind set, that fact was aware of Trios but what wasn’t was the fact that a divine being would have been so quickly to test it.

As Trios took the Iron bar between his teeth he was ready for the bone to be set and for the young Drykas male to hold his leg down but one observation was clearly seen as Trios’s vision slowly became more focused. Sama’el was going to have a hard time in keeping the short and muscled body of the Isur down without some sort of will like effort to keep still by the patient.

“ugh I can see that, otherwise I wouldn’t have to hold my self still” Trios mumbled with the iron bar still between his teeth. With distain Trios shifted his arms so that the weight and pressure of them would assist in holding his leg in position.

“Do eet!” Barked Trios from his muffled state, bracing himself for the pain like reward of his recalcitrant nature.
THEME
"Look to the gods then look to your hands, if your going to depend on one go with the one that is attached."
Trios

Character sheet

Postby Conrad on January 18th, 2011, 6:02 pm

"Doo eet!" Trios yelled at him trough the iron bar still clenched between his teeth.
Cornad nodded and grabbed the leg just above the knee and carefully pulled ,lightly pushing the bone back inside at the same time with his left hand.
As soon as the bone was back inside the leg Conrad grabbed above the knee with both his hands and pulled hard, not caring at all for the muffled scream of pain Trios would probably be emitting right now he just began the task of aligning the broken bone as good as he could, hoping that he didn't completely blew it.
"Sama'el I set the bone as good as I could," Conrad said as he reached for the needle, wire a cloth and a small pot of disinfectant and pulled out his water sack, giving a worried look at the wound."But it isn't set perfectly so we should probably head to Riverfall, as far as I know they have some healers there that can fix him up in no time"

He soaked the cloth in the water and poared a bit of the disinfectant on it.
"Trios this is going to sting a bit."
Conrad said understating what was going to happen to comfort the isur a bit before he began cleaning gentily rubbing from the inside out, thus making sure that he didn't rub any dirt into the wound.

As soon as he cleaned the wound he took the wire and tread and gentily tried swing the wound shut as good as he could, The end result would have given every skilled doctor the chills but it would hold long enough to get him out of here and to a doctor. He just needed to not move the leg, not that hard since it was broken anyway.

After applying a bandage and a splint on the leg Conrad stuffed all the matterials back into his healers kit and stood up.
"So I said it would be bet to get him to riverfall, I know the stretch of land before it is kinda dangerous but I doubt endrykas has people with the gnosis of Rak'keli."
Conrad
Player

Character sheet

Postby Sabazios on January 21st, 2011, 9:41 pm

The Isur was a mess...

Conrad had done his utmost to act as a stand in medic, but he was lacking in one key ingredient... experience. He set the leg, but didn't get the angle quite right. The leg was healing at a slight twist. This slight angle of the leg, unless quickly remedied would result in a permanent and severe limp in his leg.

What lay before them now would be a difficult decision. They obviously couldn't continue on seeking the mysterious ship, Trios needed to find good medical help very soon. They were presented by three choices. The first was taking the Isur to Anhatep, the second to catch the slow moving city of Endrykas, the third was to travel to the city of Riverfall.

All three movements had potential for success and for disaster, but one must be chosen.

Official Edict To All Drykas Pavilions: "You Make Love, I'll Deal With The Rest"
Sabazios
Papa Vinnie

Words: 36329
Joined roleplay: September 6th, 2010, 11:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on January 21st, 2011, 10:17 pm

Sama'el had done what he could to help Conrad deal with Trios and his injury, and he might have been able to brew something for the pain, but he was no healer. He wished that Dymphna or Denen had come along, but if wishes were fishes, they would swim in the sea. He sighed, considering their options. Trios was in no condition to continue the quest, though he would likely demand they do so, to the detriment of his own health and possibly to theirs.

While Conrad tended to his patient, Sama'el rode Dohaina to the top of the nearest rise, nominally to get a better view of the surroundings, but he dismounted, knelt, and stepped outside of himself to test the area around them. The way home seemed clear, and it certainly didn't occur to him to go elsewhere. Endrykas had everything they needed and his orders had been to accompany them, not to urge them out of Drykas lands. It only took him a few minutes to search the Web nearby, as he was not venturing far away at all, and soon he was riding back up to them.

"We should return to Endrykas," he said as he dismounted again. "Trios can spare his leg by riding Dohaina, Horse can continue to carry our supplies, and the two of us can walk."
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Trios on January 23rd, 2011, 9:09 pm

“GAHHHHHHH” Trios growled in the pain at having his leg set back into position. It did indeed hurt like hell and caused the Isur to momentarily lose focus and conscious as he slightly fell back to laying position. When the Isur opened his eyes he was looking at Conrad busily stitching up his wound on his legs. With a glance at his work Trios gave a slight appealed look at the Doctors work.

“I might not be a doc, but I think my legs not supposed to look like that boy after being treated. What where you doing? Beating an Isur’s leg while he was down?” Trios growled angrily but with sigh at his content at having his bones back in his legs Trios punched the doctor in the shoulder a bit violently probably sending the boy back slightly after he had disinfected the wound.

“But I guess what I got at the moment is what I got…..thanks lad” Trios sighed the last part was said in a slight distain at having to thank someone for helping him in a moment of weakness. It wasn’t the help that bothered Trios is was appearing weak that made him feel so angry at thanking Conrad for his attempt at healing him.

As Conrad had finished putting a splint on his injured Leg Trios contemplated the situation some more and at Conrad’s recommendation to go to Riverfall for healing. At this Trios merely shook his head at that idea, it was way to far of a journey to go on a injured leg of this type.

“Riverfall be quite a hike form here, might have to go backwards to go forwards again, Plus It’ll give me a chance to rethink my plans. Plus our guide wasn’t signed on to go all the way to Riverfall, might be better to take him back to his home.” Trios stated bluntly rubbing his blue beard as the Isur went back to being deep in thought.

As Trios thought his guide had appeared and gave his recommendations to go back to Endrykas. To this the Isur responded with a nod. This adventure had to be postponed until he could get some magic to reset his leg back into position.

“Aye, back to your home boy we go, though you might have to strap me onto the horse Sama’el never rode horse in me life…didn’t think they would be able to carry me weight” Trios strained an old mans type of laughter as he seemed to forget that he called his guide by his proper name for the first time.

“Though if you ask me getting my ass kicked by a god himself isn’t something that happens everyday, wonder if that makes me somekinda saint…hahahaha” Trios chuckled in a more uplifted spirit as he offered his hand for assistance to a horse so that they could travel back to Endryaks.
THEME
Trios

Character sheet

Postby Conrad on January 26th, 2011, 7:11 pm

Conrad looked at trios with shock in his eyes as he heard him thank him, he quickly checked Trios's temperature.
"Well you don't really have a fever and as far as I know you didn't eat something that screws your mind up. So I guess you aren't delirious." Conrad still looked at Trios as if he lost his mind though.
"Maybe you hit your head when you came down." Conrad muttered to himself while slowly shifting out of his punching reach. He didn't want to get punched again, one time hurt more then enough.
hearing Sama'el suggesting they should go back to endrykas conrad immediately wanted to protest, only to be cut of when trios spoke up.
“Riverfall be quite a hike form here, might have to go backwards to go forwards again, Plus It’ll give me a chance to rethink my plans. Plus our guide wasn’t signed on to go all the way to Riverfall, might be better to take him back to his home. Aye, back to your home boy we go, though you might have to strap me onto the horse Sama’el never rode horse in me life…didn’t think they would be able to carry me weight”
Conrad sighed and pulled the isur back up, or at least tried to. The guy was pretty heavy for being that small.
"Hey sama'el help me get this heavy isur on the horse will you? I can't get him up!"
Conrad
Player

Character sheet

PreviousNext