Solo Sweet Nothings

Every hypnotist has his day...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Sweet Nothings

Postby Elias Caldera on February 24th, 2016, 10:16 pm

50th Day of Winter, 515 AV

Lately, Elias often found himself recalling a special day in his life. It was one where he was much younger, much more impressionable, eager, and he still had his hair… But even as he was now, changed, reformed, the Ravokian knew he would have fawned and fallen over himself in the same bewildering endearment he had shown as child.

It was inconceivable not to when one first met her in person.

The Voice was beautiful -beyond beautiful in fact, she was beyond even words. So incomparable was she that the bride of chaos radiated authority and affection in equal amounts unprecedented. To see her, to hear her preaching as though they were His own, it was impossible not to fall in as much love with the herald as she was with all of her people. What truly seared the moment in his mind however, was not her mere appearance upon the alter that day, but instead what she had said to him. Yes, that was right, she spoke directly to Elias. Amidst the pressing crowds of hundreds and hundreds of adoring faithful that thronged to the city square just to hear her words, her eyes somehow found his among all the others, and as their gazes lingered for that wondrous moment, they were intertwined. She spoke to him and Elias Caldera shattered like glass under the angelic melody, but from the pieces gathered, he gleamed the wisdom of her words;

‘Few men can deny the evil that harbors itself in all mortal hearts. Many seek release, while others learn to stifle it. In the end though, when love fails, and hope crumbles, there is always the seed in which all of us share, chosen and unsaved alike. It is His connection to us. His tether. His gift.’

Today those words rung true and loud as if the mage were hearing them for the first time all over again.

He knew he had to listen and act.

For a hypnotist, there are few situations more explosive than jealousy and wrath. Combined they were a palpable firestorm, a raging maelstrom of potential gain at the cost of great pain. The perfect recipe for Rhysol’s will as some would see it. Then again, few hypnotists ever gain a level of power considerable enough to tip such scales without losing something of themselves in the process.

Elias was beyond such hesitation or even guilt when he began stalking Master Julius Eckhart. The magecrafting professor was a surprisingly young man with a charmingly exquisite wife, and as the story went, they had met abroad in Syliras and both retired to Nyka to study and eventually teach. She was an important name in the alchemical department and both shared a romance some spoke of in near conspiratorial jealousy. There was much to be said about the man, this Syliran, in a positive light. He was inventive, creative, and a genuine genius in his field. Truly he understood the movements of djed and their role within the magecrafting process like none other. They also praised him as a sympathetic, caring, and easy to engage man. A bona fide heartthrob for the young women who took his classes, the man simply thrived on the positive attention.

Elias despised him.

The two had yet to meet, but the Caldera writhed and raged every time he had to endure another gaggle of women whispering about how petching marvelous he was, or how talented, or how gods damned perfect. It sickened him to no end, but the worst part, the part he couldn’t forgive, was when they went out of their way to remind him just how much better the dear, sweet, fantastic professor Julius was than he at the craft. Better than him?! Magecrafting was his pride, and no Syliran would ever be better than Elias Caldera.

Ever!

So, exhausted of the good, the Ravokian tasked himself to finding out all the bad, and he soon learned that if one had to point at a quality of the young man not as polished and refined to sparkling perfection as the others, it would have to be his jealousy. Once, at a harvest celebration, his wife, mistress Romaria, was approached by a new faculty member. Certainly he’d made light of the matter, but the man had been woefully inept in hiding his obvious interest in her. By the end of the night, Julius had knocked him to the floor with a well-placed punch. Apparently they had to drag him kicking and cursing off the man before he could do anymore harm.

Or so the rumors went.

None of these stories were lost on Elias, skulking through the halls of Nyka’s foremost institute on wordly magics. It was by chance he overheard the little story, delved more to learn that, much like her husband, Romaria thrived on positive attention as well… particularly the sighing adoration of the strapping young men in her class. While nothing sordid had ever apparently occurred, enough tiny rumors were born between dreaming students to leave a path paved for the young hypnotist to exploit.

For some time now he’d wondered at the extents his hypnotic power could reach. This situation promised a perfect test to his abilities, but more importantly, he wanted to do so because he knew now, more than ever, Elias Caldera was being watched and judged by powers beyond his comprehension. Eyes that saw the world for what it was in its wretched entirety were now upon him, he could feel it.

It was time to impress.

First, of course, he needed a proper motive, but that was hardly difficult. He was Ravokian after all, growing up his life was intrigue and espionage. It wasn't difficult to find his way in.

So not only do you teach, but you also create magecrafted items for wizards in Syliras?

Not just Syliras! Riverfall, and sometimes Alvadas or Lhavit too. I haven’t the same laboratory as the masters of Sahova mind you, but I’ve been invited to the isle no less than twice now. Of course the first experience was more than enough for me… I mean to say, well, the isle is not so kind to those who still hold a pulse you know. You know about the Nuits? What they are, Yes?

Sitting in Julius’s spacious office, Elias nodded eagerly, easily playing the part of the excitable student. “Yes sir. I’ve had the displeasure on more occasions that I care to recount.

Ah, I see.” Julius answered with an understanding nod. “I fully sympathize with those who find it difficult dealing with them. Growing up in Zeltiva however, I was around the Sahovans most of my life, and while many are the irritable, crass, know-it-alls that people often tell stories depicting them as, there are some who I’ve come to look up to, even proudly call my friend. It simply takes an open mind and iron stomach to understand their…. unique perspective on life.

Perhaps you’re right, but I feel we’ve delved off topic a bit. You mentioned you make magecrafted items? Any you’re currently working on?”

Ah!” Julius held up an apologetic hand. “I’m not supposed to speak about my projects. They’re private matters, you see.

Certainly,” Elias agreed, sending a tendril of hypnotic ease into the teacher, “But what could it hurt? I’ve considered pursuing magecrafting for some time now, but I’m not sure what employment is like for any accomplished users of the craft.” What could it hurt? The voices asked innocently as Julius became the unwitting victim of the fledgling hypnotist. The moment the djed seeped into his skull and began its nefarious work, it was over for him.

Sighing as he sat back in his chair and struggling with the answer, Julius finally relented and put both arms on his desk. He motioned Elias to sit closer and the junior crafter did, craning his neck as if they were two spies exchanging information among the shadows.

Very well, very well, but just a bit. I’m only a few days from finishing my latest project; A magical staff for a knight in Syliras!Ever loyal to your home, Elias hissed within the confines of his own mind. An enemy of Ravok, and servant of the nemesis, or at least close enough for the stryfer. In any regards, it wasn’t as if he needed any more excuses, but this certainly helped in its own way. “He was a dear friend of mine when were little, and when he learned that I had finally committed to my studies of magecrafting -something that I was always droning on in ear about back then- he asked me for a staff like the wizards of old were known to use. Pretty standard as far as magecrafting goes, but the process is an ancient one, practically unchanged since its inception." Go on, tell him more, the boy seems to be enraptured. The tingling voice came again and Julius was powerless but to indulge in his own hubris as Elias beamed up at him with eyes of a longing puppy dog.

"You see, you insert the staff between two insulated clamps first and foremost, then coat it in expensive mineral powders and wrap it in D-wire coils- You know what those are, right?" It took all of Elias's discipline to hold back his trembling fists as he was talked down to like a child, but forced himself to shake his head stupidly none the less. The other mage nodded pityingly and the Ravokian realized with some surprise that he had never felt such an overbearing urge to bite off another's face as he did in that exact moment. "Well D-wire is just your average metal wiring, but treated with glyphing in order to expand upon its magical conductivity. Incredibly useful stuff, but anyway, as I was saying... Once that's done, you need to find two mages to cast spells of different disciplines from both ends of the staff at the same time. Curious, right? The staff must also be crafted from organic materials for the process to work: something meant to be the extension of a living, breathing person must have been alive itself, as it turns out. Metal and stone do not absorb the charged powders and generally disturb the magical stream inside the staff, though they can be tacked onto the item in small amounts as later add-ons. Most staffs are made of expensive wood because of this, though bone and ivory are not unheard of, as well as other, more exotic materials. Also, the staff must be at least two thirds as tall as its wielder for full effectiveness, though why that is I couldn't rightly tell you."

Fantastic!” Elias applauded, grinning, “Certainly an interesting field to go into.

Julius smiled at the praise like a dog thrown a bone. “Indeed! Indeed! Although I don’t typically welcome competition, I’m always happy to teach.

Elias shared in the jovial laugh between them and tried not to vomit in the process. “I doubt I’ll be much of a match for you sir, but I feel you have ignited my passion all over again. Perhaps next semester we’ll be able to have these conversations as student and teacher. Thank you, Professor.

As Julius nodded, Elias assaulted his mind again. Yes, the young man reminded him of… what was it again? Oh yes! Just a few days ago, he’d seen a similar, although not exact, young man speaking to his wife. They’d seemed awfully friendly, close even, and her gaze had lingered for a moment too long on him as he headed off down the hall. Certainly she wasn’t unfaithful to him, but the seed of doubt would fan the jealousy Elias already deduced was there. Too many stories, too many occurrences, and now one more unfolding before his very eyes. Now he was helpless but to teeter and dance along the tightrope Elias had strung up for him.

Soon, he would hang from it.
Last edited by Elias Caldera on August 29th, 2016, 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Elias Caldera
Playa

Words: 1255799
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2013, 1:28 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
Ravok Seasonal Challenge (1) 2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Sweet Nothings

Postby Elias Caldera on August 20th, 2016, 3:29 am

A few days later, he found himself outside their household, a modest little home just a street away from ‘the Thumb,’ as the Nykans were like to call it. The home of Julius and Romaria Eckhart. How prestigious.

As subtlety as he could manage for an outsider, Elias passed by the house twice before eventually finding his means of entrance.

There was a silence inside as Elias’s gaseous res oozed its way under the window sill before finally settling underneath the latch that held it shut. It took only a minimal amount of ice to pop the mechanism out of place and unlock the way in. The magical burglar didn’t enter the premises however, he didn’t need to. The ice simply began to grow and enlarge itself with more of his res until it resembled an icy blue hand, one whose target the mage could already see from his vantage point outside; a set of chester drawers.

One by one they slid open under the careful scrutiny of the one manipulating the arcane fingers until, near the bottom, the ice found what he was looking for. Taking a lacy pair of unmentionables in its melting clutches, the res born construct drifted back to the window and opened it from the inside, pushing them out the crack. Elias waited till he was sure they were unobserved, scooped them up, and placed them into his pocket. The hand itself quickly set about relocking the window’s latch before abruptly crumbling to the ground, soon to be nothing but a forgotten puddle on the hardwood.

Creeper and pervert weren’t exactly edits to his resume he particularly appreciated, but hey, he was committed now, why not embrace it.

Elias had already picked out a victim for this little game… a student by the name of Emile Doriya, a rising star in the alchemical department and a handsome one at that. It was his image Elias had placed in Julius’s mind speaking with his wife. Although certainly no relationship of the sort existed between them, it did not take much to fan the flames of doubt into a roaring inferno of hatred and jealousy. It was a shame however, as the mage had hoped to find another Syliran to implicate in this whole play he was staging. Emile was as equally annoying as Julius from what little he could tell about the introverted young man, but it would have been a true stroke of brilliance had they both been his true enemies. Oh well, he supposed, that’s what unfortunate casualties were there for.

He’d chosen the night before semester’s end, an important evening for every student. Emile had confided in Elias -after a few sessions of hypnotic suggestions- that he was nervous about working all night with mistress Romaria. She was his faculty advisor and he wasn’t sure she would find his progress in the dissertation of some chemical compound he had altered acceptable for graduation. His dream, as he told the hypnotist in unsuspecting confidence, was to work alongside the professor as equals one day.

Always speaking at the behest of his manipulator, Emile fed on the hypnotic inferiority Elias shoveled unto him in drowning heaps, and the twisting djed wracking his mind drove the boy to seek comfort in the company of a perfect stranger like Caldera. Never the less, Elias had proven himself a sympathetic listener, always willing to offer advice and encouragement for his new friend.

Oh yes, they would be the best of friends in the end.
Last edited by Elias Caldera on August 29th, 2016, 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Elias Caldera
Playa

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Sweet Nothings

Postby Elias Caldera on August 20th, 2016, 3:30 am

Emile was due to be up all night with the Professor Romaria working on his project, so the rest simply relied on making sure they were the only ones in the classroom there in the evening. ‘Simply’ maybe have been a poor choice of words, but it was just another job for this marvelous invention they called hypnotism and the mage was eager to try his hand at it again.

Three days before the finals, Elias was a constant fixture in the alchemical department, making sure to touch and be around almost all students and faculty, save Romaria and Emile. All the while he was there, he would flood the thoughts of his peers with images and ideas of the terrible things going on down in the spire’s basement where the summoning lessons took place. It didn't take long before they were joking about it, ‘you know, a terrible monster bursting out of the basement and gobbling them all up.’ Haha, how funny would that be, right?

The day after that the nervousness was beginning to visibly show on almost of all of them, every loud bang or unusual noise causing them to jump like startled lambs. His djed warped and twisted like a lasso every time, trapping their brains in frothing baths of terror and self-induced nightmares.

It was an unfortunate shame really, if Elias hadn’t been so studious in his hypnotic pursuits, perhaps he could have found the time to actually learn a thing or two about alchemy while he was in class.

In the end his missed opportunities proved to be worth the sacrifice, for when the day finally came to enact his plans, all it took were a few simple words to send his classmates scampering for safety; “Somethings broken loose from the summoning chamber!” He particularly enjoyed the way they nearly trampled one another as they each sprinted for an exit. Emile and Romaria had been the only one’s unaffected, and thus would be the only ones arriving later that night.

The stage was set then, now all he had to do was wait.

He made sure to leave nothing to chance, taking a jaunt down the hallway after hours, listening in to the titter of conversation between the two of them alone. He identified no other voices in the area, and confident his ruse was successful, began his way to where he would meet Professor Julius, likely up late and toiling away in his lab. Emile would also just finishing with Romaria, giving him time to return to his room at a slow enough pace, and Elias understood above all else that he needed to time this correctly. He had even walked the space between the dorm and the hall a hundred times just to make sure he knew how long it would take to get from one end to another. He’d have less than a chime to set the professor off, but Julius was proving the simplest to manipulate.

Convinced his plan was still working, he started for the stairs, but almost before he could take the first step towards fruition, he was stopped as a professor he didn’t recognize moved from the shadows of the hall and down toward the classrooms.

Swallowing a snarl, the hypnotist swiftly strode to intercept the faculty, a wiry haired older woman. She looked sick, as if coming down with a flu, but plodded on regardless. She only paused when Elias stood in her way, looking down at the young man with weary indifference.

Excuse me, young man.

Calling it a night, professor?” Elias asked with a practiced smile, “You don’t look well.

I’m not well, but I have an obligation to my class to grade their papers. Papers I seemed to have left in the office. Pardon me.

Surely they’ll understand,” Elias countered, lashing out with a panicked hypnotic attack against the older woman’s psyche. He would have to play into the professor’s weaknesses, giving her the impression that her head hurt more, her nose was stuffier, and it was altogether unbearable. “I mean, you can always start fresh tomorrow.

Do I know you?” Another sniff, her form visibly bending under the weight of the amplified hypnotic sickness.

Certainly, madam, I’m in one of your beginning glyphing courses.

I don’t teach beginner’s glyphs.

Elias bit back the urge to punch the aged fool. His overconfidence had landed him in a petching trap. “Oh? Well, uh... You look a bit like my professor, I apologize madam. Regardless, certainly your students would understand if you rested up? You can’t be fully fair on their grades if you aren’t feeling up to task now can you.

I… suppose.” The old hag said with a sigh, “I thought I could handle it, but here I am, nearly at the door and I just feel awful.” She still regarded Elias with suspicion, but her mind suffered the same congestion as her nose, a foreboding reminder of the sickness the refused to relent. Had she been younger and spryer, Elias didn’t think he had enough juice in him to fully convince her of her impending hospitalization. He was still too green with the art he realized with an unwelcome pang of humility. Soon, however, that would change.

Turning from the young mage, the professor shrugged her sagging shoulders and started back up the stairs. Elias followed behind, making the occasional small talk and well wishes till they split at the top and he bid her farewell with the rudest gesture he could think off as her back turned to him.

Late! He was petching late.

Dashing up to the magecrafting labs, he moved swiftly to the one that had Professor Julius’s name emblazoned in bronze on the outside, one gloved hand eagerly reaching out to open it.

Locked.
Last edited by Elias Caldera on August 29th, 2016, 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Elias Caldera
Playa

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Sweet Nothings

Postby Elias Caldera on August 20th, 2016, 3:30 am

Petching locked!

Elias’s mind whirled in disbelief. Was he too late? Had Julius already left? Smacking the flat of his hand on the door, his head sunk against the wooden barrier. All that effort, wasted… completely wasted. What was he to do no-

Without warning the door relinquished, opening to reveal a haggard looking Julius looking out at the mage in surprise.

Wha- Elias, was it?

Uh… Yes,” the young man managed to stutter out with with a relieved smile, “Good morning professor. I tried to enter but…

Oh!” Julius smirked tiredly, holding out his right hand, “Couldn’t if you wanted to. Only this hand or one of someone my superiors can open this door, magecrafted you know.

Ah. Of course.” That was clever, the Ravokian noted with some disdain. Cleverer than anything he had ever concocted recently. Annoyingly, it also changed some things… not many, but enough to irritate.

Well, good sir, do tell me what you are doing here at this bell?

Looking away from Julius, Elias swallowed the act of the penitent student. Instead he went with a sigh, a haggard sigh, as if what he was about to say did not sit well on his conscious. “Professor…” He sighed again, practically slumping as he did so. “It pains me to tell you this. I wrestled with it for bells upon bells. It didn’t feel right, you know. It didn’t feel like my place to say anything.

What happened?” Julius’s face grew cloudy. He was already thinking of his wife. Every time Elias had seen him, a direct spike of hypnotic interference had leeched into his insecurities, leaving them at the forefront of his mind these past few days. This meeting was no different as the Caldera wormed his way into the young man’s brain and twisted his inclinations and wicked thoughts into the forefront. Such was the way of men who tried to covet something they felt they didn’t deserve. At some level, Julius must have already planned for this in his head, enacted scenarios upon scenario for the eventuality he knew was coming. Elias suspected this because he too could relate at times, which was why the hypnotist knew exactly which buttons to press and when to press them.

Would he cry? Elias mused to himself. Would he break down? No. This man had too much fire in him, too much pride, and there was so much more the hypnotist could motivate. That was what made him perfect.

I saw your wife and Emile in the dorm hallway earlier,” He confessed begrudgingly, “I would have come to you directly, but I… I didn’t know what to say at first.

Julius’s face darkened and he lashed out, grabbing Elias by the collar and nearly lifting him of his feet. “What?! How long ago? Where? Speak damn it!

Rage. Pure and unchecked.

It was delicious.

Elias fed him another lance of fury via his hypnotic influence, quickening his anger, burning hot the flames of vengeance. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry!” the helpless student uttered as he was manhandled by the other man, “His room is upstairs. I think it was unlocked after they...

After?!

Well… they were very loud.
Last edited by Elias Caldera on August 21st, 2016, 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elias Caldera
Playa

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Sweet Nothings

Postby Elias Caldera on August 20th, 2016, 3:31 am

After tossing him aside, Julius stormed past Elias just as the door swung shut behind him. Glancing back at it, Elias clicked his tongue irritably. He’d have to find another way in after all this. That bastard’s secrets were still in there, ripe for the taking, which meant the mage’s job wasn’t quite done yet.

Earlier in the evening, Elias had stood outside Emile’s room. The only one in the hall during those bells, employing the same reimancy trick from before, but this time beneath the door to open it on the other end. Emile roomed alone, the product of a student leaving midway through the semester to return home in light of some family tragedy back in Kenash. That had been partly the reason as to why Emile had been chosen in the first place. Unfortunately for the lad, it was just series of coincidences that had made him such an excellent target, the kind that made it impossible not to take advantage of.

Elias had stepped inside and made sure to leave Emile’s strewn clothes and books where they were strewn, tossing up the covers in the bed and dangling the scandalous unmentionables in such a way that even the rage addled mind of Julius could detect. It was almost too convenient truth be told, but the Caldera doubted the man would have the wherewithal to question it now.

Elias followed at a jog, calling out after Julius to calm himself and think about this even as he stormed down the halls. What he was really doing however was seeding visions of violence in the man’s head. The words and image whispered heatedly at him; beat Emile’s face in, smash him against the wall, strangle him for his betrayal… then to turn it on his lovely wife. Julius appeared to be a passionate man, the kind who poured his heart and soul into his work as well as his marriage. With such powerful personalities, there were bound to be some unfortunate violent tendencies involved. The hypnotist let those images flow, imagined in his own voice. ‘Kill him. Destroy him. Show him what it means to be betrayed.’

Julius wasn’t thinking anymore, he had his good friend Elias do that do that for him now.

When Julius arrived at Emile’s room, the mage hung around the corner, content simply to watch his tailored work and reap the benefits from afar. Julius pounded on the door, a reverberating crashing that no doubt disturbed the frantic studiers all throughout the hall. Unsuspecting and unwarned, Emile opened the door and blinked at the furious face of Julius. Elias couldn’t see the fellow, but he didn’t need to. Reaching out with his art, he ignited a single torrent of pure fury, an emotional flash of hatred and violence that brought the damnable magecrafter to a near froth.

Lifting his hands, he stepped into the room and brought his fist with him, heralding his explosive intrusion.

Elias heard the intake of breath, the smash of a body against a desk. Both were outside of his sight. Without manipulative control over the situation, he could only crowd with the many students at the entry of the door, watching as Julius dealt blow after blow to a prone Emile until his face was a bloody mess and his body stopped moving, save except to twitch here and there. Whether the poor boy breathed or not was irrelevant, Julius’s credentials were shattered. Wheeling up from his victim, eyes wild, fists covered in blood, the professor whirled on those watching. Everyone shrank away, including Elias who sent the memory of his wife along with an accompanying emotional surge of rage for his betrayal. Today’s bout of hypnotism was starting to take its effect on even Elias at that point, he realized. So many strong emotions and passionate demands, it taxed his reserves, but still he persisted. He was enjoying himself far too much to stop here.

Her lover had been punished, but what of her? The Ravokian subtly reminded him. What of the harlot who had slept with that man, the one who had betrayed him?

Frantic, Julius tore out of the room, bowling students aside as he rushed toward the front of the magical institute. The timing of this would be tricky… no doubt the monks would be called, or other staff from the Thumb to subdue the feral magecrafter. If he was to get anywhere, it would need to be in the precious moments he had.

Professor!” Elias called out to him, just another face in the crowd of horrified spectators. To catch the man’s attention, it was a simple matter of emphasizing the word, surging sudden alertness into his tormented puppet. Julius twisted and Elias pointed up the staircase, gravely, “I thought I saw her heading towards your lab… perhaps she’s there?
Last edited by Elias Caldera on August 21st, 2016, 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elias Caldera
Playa

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Sweet Nothings

Postby Elias Caldera on August 20th, 2016, 3:31 am

Julius didn’t question Elias, didn’t even bother to ask how he could have seen or known such a thing. His mind was so rage-drunk on the hypnotic djed Elias had been feeding him that he simply took the stairs three at a time, muttering curses and her name in one long monosyllabic tangle of tortured mutterings. He pushed the doors open to his laboratory, gave a cursory glance, and then dashed out when no sign of his treacherous bitch of a wife presented itself. The fool didn’t bother to check the door as Elias slipped inside after him, nor the boot he left behind to hold it from clicking shut.

The hypnotist had only a few moments to search for what he wanted. Several containers and countless notes awaited his grubby little hands all throughout the lab. Elias didn’t think, he simply grabbed. The set up was familiar to him as a student of the craft himself, and he went about snatching up everything of value he could find. Unsure of what he’d managed to stuff his backpack with, and quickly running out of time, the thief abandoned his heist almost as soon as he began it. Perhaps he’d have time to come back later for the rest, but for now he needed to finish what he’d started.

He followed Julius at a sprint, reaching into his core –figuratively of course- and tearing out a chunk of djed. The magic had been unwilling at first, hence his course treatment of it, but he didn’t have time to coddle, he needed his reimancy for the coup de grace. Tossing the untampered with res ahead of him, the magic bubbled out and soared over both their heads to Julius’s house, slipping under the doorway, and disappearing inside. He called upon his auristics next to serve him, and like before it resisted stubbornly. He grabbed at it, vexed and impatient, and shoved its molded matter into his senses with an explosion of color that nearly overwhelmed him as he ran. With his eyes attuned, he searched within the room for the aura of his res first, then the familiar aura of one mistress Romaria nearby.

Got you.

Julius reached it only a moment or two later, barely bothering with the lock before shouldering it aside. Behind him, the night was full of whistles and shouts. The monks had learned of what had transpired and would likely be on the scene in moments… it would be close, maybe too close.

Romaria shot out of her seat, shocked as Julius burst through. Her hands were around her throat and her face was a peculiar shade of red thanks to a distinct lack of air. Julius did not pause to ask as Elias caught him just as his storm began to weaken, when the depth of his actions were starting to dawn on him. Another emotional surge of rage, the recollection of how she winked, smiled, laughed behind his back. All her secrets, always secret! Not to mention the smirks and longing eyes for bloody, petching Emile! He let the wizard’s own ruptured mind imagine the rest.

With a strangled yell, he grabbed her by the throat, pressing her up against the wall. She barely fought him, already contending with the something else blocking her airway.

Thrashing, she was blue and black when the monks finally burst through the doorway to pull him off. Julius was sobbing, screaming incoherently. Elias had retired to the side of the home, joining a growing crowd as Romaria’s body quivered her last. Perhaps only Julius noticed the water pour from her mouth in the end, but the guards were already pulling him away from her body before he had a chance to speak.

It was just a puddle after all, no one would pay it any mind given the gravity of what had just occurred. But more importantly, no one would discover it had been water born of reimancy.

His reimancy.

Julius was dragged away in chains, his wife’s body taken quietly as well. Students from the Thumb and simple folk alike filled the streets, curious as to the commotion. Onlookers spread rumors and Elias watched as it all happened around him. He’d accomplished his end.

For you.” He mouthed the words to the dark sky.

Clutching the backpack under one arm, he shrank back into the crowd with a quiet prayer, just another face to be lost and forgotten.
Elias Caldera
Playa

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Sweet Nothings

Postby Dove Brown on April 20th, 2017, 9:28 pm

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request. If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding your grade, please do not hesitate to send me a PM.

Elias Caldera
Skills
  • Philosophy 1
  • Investigation 1
  • Socialisation 1
  • Acting 2
  • Hypnotism 4
  • Reimancy 2
  • Larceny 1
  • Auristics 1
Lores
  • The wisdom of the Voice
  • Magecrafting: D-wire
  • Magecrafting: how to make a staff
  • Burglary by djed hands
  • Magecrafting: doors that can only be opened by a particular person
  • Setting a Syliran professor up for a fall

Comments: Enjoy your grades
Very busy at work. May not be around much for a while.
Threads: 3/3

Dove Brown
Keeping my head, my backbone, and my heart

Words: 181194
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2015, 9:36 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)